Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Good article both the players I would like to see was front runners for captaincy from what I read. The Verminator holds the advantage but I think Wojech will be a future captain for us.

I hope we don't chase after Lloris.

and so are yours :)

Any one else think Wenger uses the Captaincy as an incentive to keep players rather than those who are best suited?

Sometimes you give up the things you love because your life says otherwise mate.

Yep' date=' said that a couple pages ago. Wenger and his guilt trips... 'but you are our captain you can't leave' :rolleyes:

Strangely I never felt anger for when Henry left or Cesc, I was glad that Gallas left and as for Viera I think it was the right time to sell.

But for RVP to say just a few months back how he loves Arsenal etc... It hurts more than anything.

I can't slate RVP though because he is a great talent and you did make some great points their Arampage. I just wish if he left the same way how Henry went and left by praising the club and wishing us the best. Not slating our board and ambition.

I hear you, but he hasn't gone yet and I think he still has time to redeem himself.

Walcott for Capt?!:eek:

Ayway what about playing Walcott as an out and out striker-might be time..

I'd love to see Theo down the middle, he gets so much stick and he isn't even a winger. Podolski and Gervinho should be big enough to take some of the target man strain off of him. I reckon he'd score 15-20 definate! :D

Walcott would be a poor captain. He is too inconsistent and sometimes gets lost in the game. The captain needs to set the example and Walcott will lack that a lot of the time. He also isnt a leader and isnt very vocal. Suitable captains would be Vermaelen, Kosc or Szczesny, in that order.

Also moving onto the question about whether or not he'll play ST, I doubt it. He wont play there with Giroud and Podolski ahead of him in the pecking order. If RvP stays, Walcott definitely wont go through the middle. I doubt he'll ever play ST for us at this club unless RvP is gone and the other two mentioned are injured.

Walcott would be a poor captain. He is too inconsistent and sometimes gets lost in the game. The captain needs to set the example and Walcott will lack that a lot of the time. He also isnt a leader and isnt very vocal. Suitable captains would be Vermaelen' date=' Kosc or Szczesny, in that order.

Also moving onto the question about whether or not he'll play ST, I doubt it. He wont play there with Giroud and Podolski ahead of him in the pecking order. If RvP stays, Walcott definitely wont go through the middle. I doubt he'll ever play ST for us at this club unless RvP is gone and the other two mentioned are injured.[/quote']

Spot on with everything....

Wenger just doesn't seem to like Walcott there, tbh times when he has been furthest forward with his back to goal he's been bullied by defenders and the team don't supply him to feet and only play balls into the channels like they don't trust him. I do think if he had a good run there he could be a success though.

If Walcott get's the Captain band I am never renewing my season ticket at Arsenal until he has it stripped.

Not a bad player but to imagine him leading us would mean Europa League football.

Koscienly as captain I have my doubts. Superb player but I have never seen him lead us on the pitch.

Would anyone want Wilshere as captain?

If Walcott get's the Captain band I am never renewing my season ticket at Arsenal until he has it stripped.

Not a bad player but to imagine him leading us would mean Europa League football.

Koscienly as captain I have my doubts. Superb player but I have never seen him lead us on the pitch.

Before to propose WIlshere as a captain you should wait to see if he still can play football.After another surgery the things arent looks so great for his career.

Spot on with everything....

Wenger just doesn't seem to like Walcott there' date=' tbh times when he has been furthest forward with his back to goal he's been bullied by defenders and the team don't supply him to feet and only play balls into the channels like they don't trust him. I do think if he had a good run there he could be a success though.[/quote']

yeah once you make it into a footrace he will be fine..

Nope-not because of his injury concern-IMO which might be the minority of one-he is not leadership material with respect to the current Gunners. Time and time again honest effort has been proven to get you so far-and that's what he brings. We need someone who can read the game over the entire pitch not just of what's infront of him.

Before to propose WIlshere as a captain you should wait to see if he still can play football.After another surgery the things arent looks so great for his career.

Well it's reported as a slight injury..so lets hope it is.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wilshere-has-successful-minor-knee-procedure

He is fine and looks set to feature in the opening few weeks of next season.

--------

I only said Wilshere as captain to see what people thought.

I wasn't ever saying I want him as captain.

Good article both the players I would like to see was front runners for captaincy from what I read. The Verminator holds the advantage but I think Wojech will be a future captain for us.

I hope we don't chase after Lloris.

i think TV5 should be captain,Walcott would'nt be good atm.

Does he have previous experience? I think he'd be a good choice but Vermaelen has been captain at Ajax so I think he'd be the best choice. He doesnt mind giving people a rollocking.

Personally, I see how Vermaelen is the logical choice but I prefer to keep RVP as skipper. I don't think the statement will affect the players. If anything I think they will respect him more because he said what they are all thinking but he is the only one taking all the heat for it. Great man, great player, great captain.

Personally' date=' I see how Vermaelen is the logical choice but I prefer to keep RVP as skipper. I don't think the statement will affect the players. If anything I think they will respect him more because he said what they are all thinking but he is the only one taking all the heat for it. Great man, great player, great captain.[/quote']

My opinion is we shouldnt have someone as captain who clearly has his mind set on another club. If he signs a contract then he can remain but other than that I say we should get someone who wants to play for us as captain and make sure it happens in the upcoming season so they can settle in that role.

Did Southampton play any good? Did Lambert etc play? Sorry for asking just wanting to know how they are.

I didn't watch the game. But if we expect to win this mini-tourney' date=' we'll have to beat Anderlecht.

From what I see everybody is expecting Wilshere to lead Arsenal alone for EPL and other trophies.He didnt played for more then a year lol..you dont expect him to be amazing from his first matches arent you?

That just makes no sense. First of all who said that he will lead Arsenal to trophies ALONE ?? That sentence alone makes no sense. Anyone that has seen him play and anyone that has a bit of footballing knowledge realizes what a good player he is and what he can develop into. And then you said, you don't expect him to be amazing from his first matches -- Meaning ? That he wasn't "amazing" in his first matches or that we can't expect him to continue to be a good player after that good breakthrough season he had ?

From what I see everybody is expecting Wilshere to lead Arsenal alone for EPL and other trophies.He didnt played for more then a year lol..you dont expect him to be amazing from his first matches arent you?

LOL what?!?!?!

No one has ever said that on this forum. He is a good player but we would not rely on him alone.

Let's not forget that it's 11 men out their playing not just 1. And us being Arsenal know what a team game really is, may I remind you of 2003-2004? Possibly the greatest team unit ever seen.

Get some facts in future before making a snide comment.