Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Lost on Penalties 5-4.

Outstanding from Lansbury and Santos.

Really hope Lansbury squeezes into first team sometime soon. Santos might be our Arshavin replacement :P

But win the Tournament Overall. :)

I know, he could go LW but we have a lot of wingers now and attacking options. It actually feels good having this much depth.

Cringe worthy stuff here.

I know it has been a long wait for a trophy but deary me.

Its nothing really and I think everyone is just joking with their celebrations. Technically it hasnt even been a long wait since we've won other trophies like the Emirates cup but I disregard those trophies because they arent even big in my eyes. As far as Im concerned, we've been trophyless for 6 years and that will only end if we win one of the four cups.

Right.

Cleary there are issues at Arsenal, first teamers/stars are leaving pretty much every season nowadays and you don't replace them.

Do you place the blame at Gazidis like the russian guy or do you place the blame on Wenger aswell? Is there any other people who should have the fingers pointed at?

Do you all go back to an event which you think has changed everything? Maybe the Flamini free transfer?

Right.

Cleary there are issues at Arsenal' date=' first teamers/stars are leaving pretty much every season nowadays and you don't replace them.

Do you place the blame at Gazidis like the russian guy or do you place the blame on Wenger aswell? Is there any other people who should have the fingers pointed at?

Do you all go back to an event which you think has changed everything? Maybe the Flamini free transfer?[/quote']

Its a culmination of things to be honest but i personally believe it is the wage structure which we have to have to be a sustainable club, linked with several near misses in cup final's, which has led us to where we are now. It's very complicated and there have been many, many factors working against us but i believe they are the two main reasons. For instance, if we'd have won the Carling Cup in 2011 i believe Cesc and Nasri would have stayed, but its all hypothetical really. But then i also go back to things such as Eduardo's leg break in 2007/8 which i believe if it didn't happen we would have gone on to win the title that year. But its all if's and but's really.

Ps, i don't think our problems are that bad, (and i know many Arsenal fans including myself said this about five years ago but) the future looks bright with some of the young players we have coming through.

Its a culmination of things to be honest but i personally believe it is the wage structure which we have to have to be a sustainable club' date=' linked with several near misses in cup final's which has led us to where we are now. It's very complicated and there have been many, many factors working against us but i believe they are the two main reasons. For instance, if we'd have won the Carling Cup in 2011 i believe Cesc and Nasri would have stayed, but its all hypothetical really.

Ps, i don't think our problems are that bad, (and i know many Arsenal fans including myself said this about five years ago but) the future looks bright with some of the young players we have coming through.[/quote']

Obviously not bad when you're consistently getting CL football, but it wasn't that long ago when you were the best club in the country and had class all over the pitch. Now if RVP leaves, realistically you struggle to look at your squad and think of a world class player.

Obviously not bad when you're consistently getting CL football' date=' but it wasn't that long ago when you were the best club in the country and had class all over the pitch. Now if RVP leaves, realistically you struggle to look at your squad and think of a world class player.[/quote']

Yeah i agree with you BUT i think every top club in England has declined over the past 3/4 years and now the two Spain teams seem to have the best players at their disposal. But football works in cycles, England's teams had the best teams and players for many years, now it is Spains turn, but the English teams will be back to their best in a few years time.

Ps, i agree, Arsenal used to be better then Barcelona IMO in terms of the players we had the football we played (and with such a young team as well) but several near misses in cups and players leaving has caused us to decline somewhat. I genuinely believe had we won just one or two trophies in the past few years then people would be talking about us as one of the best teams ever, in the same way they now talk about Barca in the same vein. All my opinion of course.