Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Arsenal Gossip

the prob is whoever we put on the LB roll will be on their weaker foot/unsuited position where they will prob use Ronaldo to attack. Ronaldo could easily just run past and its hard for them to stick in a foot or even clear the ball. Im not to sure if eboue can use his left enlighten me if he can

True, honestly never seen Eboue use his left i guess thats kind of worrying. On a better note Silvestre has passed the fitness test and will most probably play on the left.

• Replies 59k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

Oh sweet thanks for the update

So Sagna - Toure - Djourou - Silvest

K :)

:eek::confused: Oh sweet because you got updated or oh sweet as in Silvestre is fit?? If it's because he's fit then.... :eek: :eek:

I'd rather take Eboue or Sagna at LB rather Silvestre. He hardly has the legs to play his best position let alone LB. Then you have to face Ronaldo.....

i used to sympathise with Eboue but since our encounter with Roma' date=' i am gutted about him and fact that he dont get along well with some players- Persie Arshavin..

In match against Roma, he was involved in two Counter attacks and he went for glory each time knowing he is worst shotter from long range with Persie calling for pass and when he made him realize that, he argued and abused.

I understand Persie is not kind of persona to get along but still..

Said that i would keep Eboue since he is good backup for right part of team and he comes quite cheap for salary.:)[/quote']

i would like to eat my words now

I would like to see Van Persie play tomorrow because honestly i think he is the only decent Striker in Arsenal (Bentner is overrated, Adebayor is not that good, Vela is still inexperienced, Eduardo has the best finishers but he is constantly injured:(, Walcott is a winger is a terrible shooter, Arshavin is not part of the UCL team:() although Van Persie is more of a Winger or Second Striker (Arshavin too is not an exact striker, he is more like a AM or Second Striker too); I mean don't get me wrong i am a true Arsenal supporter but i have to be honest. So having Van Persie would be a great boost, specially when we are facing the best defensive duo in the world (Vidic and Ferdinand [Who will play tomorrow]:eek:). I think also Walcott should not start because he played 154mins in less than 1 week and his stamina is not that great:rolleyes: (though i believe he should be on after 70mins when he can use his speed against the tiered Man U defenders); I also would hate to see Bendtner start because he is absolutely ****!! He cant dribble, cant shoot from far range, cant shoot well and can barely make a header. Another player I would be really pissedoff if i see starting is young Gibbs, He was the main reason behind our loss in the away game against Man U, therefor I hope Silvestre is fit as well, who was the 2nd best players against Man U (off course I would rate Almunia as the best). So I would personally hope the team would be the following:

Almunia

Sagna - Toure - Silvestre - Eboue

Diaby(Walcott 70') - Denilson - Cesc - Nasri

Adebayor - Van Persie

If Silvetre and Van Persie were not fit then I would suggest:

Amunia

Sagna - Toure - Song - Eboue

Adebayor - Vela

Since we are very close from the Summer Transfer Window, who do you think would move in and out of Arsenal?

I think

Out

Adebayor (AC Milan)

Bendter (Bayern Munchen)

Gallas (AC Milan)

In

Lucas (Liverpool)

Chellini (Juventus)

Sakho (PSG)

Gignac (Bourdaux)

Gourcuff (Baourdaux)

Tevez (Man U)

Xabi Alonso (Liverpool)

Orange = Maybe

Blue = Possible but i am really hoping they happen

Red = Mentioned a lot but not very serious

Green = Close to signing

Offcourse nothing is 100% sure

:eek::confused: Oh sweet because you got updated or oh sweet as in Silvestre is fit?? If it's because he's fit then.... :eek: :eek:

I'd rather take Eboue or Sagna at LB rather Silvestre. He hardly has the legs to play his best position let alone LB. Then you have to face Ronaldo.....

Silvestre was the best defender against Man U!

Screw experience. I would rather have Gibbs there than Silvestre any day.

And To Skippy: Are you kidding me? Gibbs was the worst defender i have ever seen when we played Man U, he cant stop any ball that Cristiano has under control

Since we are very close from the Summer Transfer Window' date=' who do you think would move in and out of Arsenal?

I think

Out

Adebayor (AC Milan)

Bendter (Bayern Munchen)

Gallas (AC Milan)

In

Lucas (Liverpool)

Chellini (Juventus)

Sakho (PSG)

Gignac (Bourdaux)

Gourcuff (Baourdaux)

Tevez (Man U)

Xabi Alonso (Liverpool)

Orange = Maybe

Blue = Possible but i am really hoping they happen

Red = Mentioned a lot but not very serious

Green = Close to signing

Offcourse nothing is 100% sure

their a brilliant reason why u are not our manager...

lolololol...to ur entire post..

usually i m not harsh...but ur post is one of those that make me laugh as well as angry...:rolleyes:

their a brilliant reason why u are not our manager...

lolololol...to ur entire post..

usually i m not harsh...but ur post is one of those that make me laugh as well as angry...:rolleyes:

LOL...what made u laugh and angry.....the out or in (because the in is as i mentioned some are hopes and some are talks) and as to the Out (I dont want Gallas to go, but most news and his situations indicates on that, as for Ady i dont care if he moves out as long as we get a suitable subs and for Nicklas, i dont give a **** if he leaves)

I would like to see Van Persie play tomorrow because honestly i think he is the only decent Striker in Arsenal...

Are you kidding me?

Bentner is overrated...

Bendtner's league stats this season : 17 starts' date=' 11 sub appearances, 8 goals, 2 assists.

Compare that to our two main strikers' -

RvP : 21 starts, 4 sub appearances, 9 goals, 9 assists.

Ade : 21 starts, 4 sub appearances, 10 goals, 4 assists.

Not bad for an "overrated" player, eh? :rolleyes:

He can be a bit selfish and arrogant at times, and he seriously must work on his finishing, but he's a big talent, let there be no doubt about that. He's an intelligent player; any wonder how quickly he seems to strike an understanding with his partners up front?

Adebayor is not that good...

Typical knee-jerk reaction.

He's had a poor season and has largely looked disinterested (his mind is probably at Milan), but when also taking into account how poor we've been creatively for most of the season, his goal return isn't that bad (he has 5 in 6 UCL starts, too).

Eduardo has the best finishers but he is constantly injured

He comes back after a year out due to a potentially career-threatening injury sustained thanks to a thug's tackle' date=' has subsequently had to deal with a few niggles (quite understandably so), and is now out for the remainder of the season because of an injury he suffered when Rio Ferdinand fell on him. Pray, tell me, how is any of this his fault?

I think also Walcott should not start because he played 154mins in less than 1 week and his stamina is not that great:rolleyes: (though i believe he should be on after 70mins when he can use his speed against the tiered Man U defenders)...

And play whom on the right wing, instead? Diaby, as you've suggested? Don't crack me up. :D

Nasri, Theo and Eboue are our only options in the wide areas. Nasri is needed on the left, so it's a toss-up between a genuine threat to ManU's LB and a headless chicken, and I know whom I'd prefer...

Another player I would be really pissedoff if i see starting is young Gibbs' date=' He was [u']the main reason behind our loss[/u] in the away game against Man U, therefor I hope Silvestre is fit as well, who was the 2nd best players against Man U (off course I would rate Almunia as the best).

What game were you watching, mate? Given he received zero protection from Diaby, and that he was up against one of the best players in the world, I thought Gibbs did a decent job.

As for him being "the main reason behind our loss" in the 1st leg, what a load of ********! It was a collective failure, with the biggest non-performers being Diaby and Adebayor. Wenger must take a huge share of the blame for his tactical f**k-ups; playing Nasri at CM, Diaby at LM, Cesc as a supporting striker, then using substitute Bendtner at RM - incredible stupidity from the boss, especially considering we had used a similar 4-4-1-1 to beat ManU earlier this season, with Nasri at LM, Diaby in the 'hole' and Cesc at CM.

So I would personally hope the team would be the following:

Almunia

Sagna - Toure - Silvestre - Eboue

Adebayor - Van Persie

Diaby on the right, Theo on the bench, Song nowhere in the lineup - seriously, LOL. :D

RvP's fit, I hear, so he must start. Gibbs, if fit, must start, with Djourou and Kolo in the centre of defence. In midfield, Denilson and Cesc must NOT be paired together; they'll simply be outmuscled. I'd use the in-form Song alongside Cesc to shield the back four. We simply cannot afford to concede goals, and must see to it that we don't create huge gaps between our defence and midfield for the ManU attackers to run into (like in the 1st leg, where Anderson and Giggs broke free, only to be called offside, thankfully for us).

Nice post Barracuda:D. Just wondering from what I have seen of Gibbs he looks much less error prone as Clichy and decent going forward. And as you said Gibbs was slaughtered by us on the right side because no one tracked back. With O'shea overlapping whoever was wide(Tevez or Ronaldo) it gave him so many problems. not His fault.