Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Arsenal Gossip

TO EVERYONE

1- I am an Arsenal Fan, but the difference between me and you guys is that I am honest and do admit it when we are weak in something

2- I dont Like Arsenal just for the French (otherwise I'd also like Chelsea, Man U, Barca, Juve, Bayern etc...)

3- I am sorry if i hurt your feelings, but the truth hurts sometimes

4- I just as Pis*ed-off as you guys

5- I sorry to be the guy who says "I told you so" but it is true

6- I was wishing for a win, not for a Gibbs slip (I already mentioned that I hope Gibbs would prove me wrong)

7- The only logical comment i read is from gAv Gav, because he discusses the weakness and how we can improve them in a logical way (not like some who say we are great as we are and Gibbs, Ady and Nicklas are great and need no replacements)

8- Again i am sorry if i was right (My points which were right are the reason behind our loss) but that just proves my realistic analysis of our matches and that we really need to find solutions (ie Experience and Depth)

9- I hope we do better next year and actually win something

10- Gibbs sucks, End of Story:p

• Replies 59k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

Zizou,

Seriously i would like to confirm i dont hit back at any geniune criticism made at Arsenal.....so u might consider this and think of ur words again...trust me..i hit back only if something is wrong...

Yes,I admit i am blinded Arsenal Fan and I put all responsibility on Arsene Wenger to take my beloved Club to Heighest glory spot possible...I take his each decision as best possible thing to happen for the club...

And Even this blinded fan Thinks Gibbs has been awesome in all shapes...I have no regrets of him strating in all the matches...

Whatever a fan suggest is quite limited....

Whereas a Manager has to take Millions things in mind before taking any decision.

There's a reason why we are stable in this era where no club is out of Debts..

A fan may suggest buying some Loric Cana this summer...but wont consider that there is some better in academy..may be emmanuel,or Henri Lansbury...never know...

or What Highbury prices fall miserably and Wenger dont get that budget and Board dont want to let this know to fans...

Such may be Cases....Its easy to criticise as a fan but should put yourself in manager's spot and think.

Fans will never stop...Give them best XI of the world and they will still come-up with some wonder-kid they want at their club..

Arshavin made a difference...i admit...but was it guarenteed..

we knew he ws good but did we knew he was good enough to score 4 at Anfield...

The need of Arshavin came due to injuries....injuries which have taken away Rosicky,Eduardo,Walcott,Fabregas,Ade.....

So saying that Arshavin made a difference is not fair as we never got a chance to prove before Arshavin arrived....

Yay,This Team is not good and is it that they wont improve ever...

Mind me I have lot of Faith that this team will challenge in all fronts as a Favorites even Carling Cup...

Think of the Team.....we have most bench strength now than anyone...

and to end on a funny note,,,,,one who sees Lucas as Future Arsenal Player..

I doubt his credentials as a proper analyst....lol

work on it bro...work on it...:P

Zizou' date='

Seriously i would like to confirm i dont hit back at any geniune criticism made at Arsenal.....so u might consider this and think of ur words again...trust me..i hit back only if something is wrong...

Yes,I admit i am blinded Arsenal Fan and I put all responsibility on Arsene Wenger to take my beloved Club to Heighest glory spot possible...I take his each decision as best possible thing to happen for the club...

And Even this blinded fan Thinks Gibbs has been awesome in all shapes...I have no regrets of him strating in all the matches...

Whatever a fan suggest is quite limited....

Whereas a Manager has to take Millions things in mind before taking any decision.

There's a reason why we are stable in this era where no club is out of Debts..

A fan may suggest buying some Loric Cana this summer...but wont consider that there is some better in academy..may be emmanuel,or Henri Lansbury...never know...

or What Highbury prices fall miserably and Wenger dont get that budget and Board dont want to let this know to fans...

Such may be Cases....Its easy to criticise as a fan but should put yourself in manager's spot and think.

Fans will never stop...Give them best XI of the world and they will still come-up with some wonder-kid they want at their club..

Arshavin made a difference...i admit...but was it guarenteed..

we knew he ws good but did we knew he was good enough to score 4 at Anfield...

The need of Arshavin came due to injuries....injuries which have taken away Rosicky,Eduardo,Walcott,Fabregas,Ade.....

So saying that Arshavin made a difference is not fair as we never got a chance to prove before Arshavin arrived....

Yay,This Team is not good and is it that they wont improve ever...

Mind me I have lot of Faith that this team will challenge in all fronts as a Favorites even Carling Cup...

Think of the Team.....we have most bench strength now than anyone...

and to end on a funny note,,,,,one who sees Lucas as Future Arsenal Player..

I doubt his credentials as a proper analyst....lol

work on it bro...work on it...:P[/quote']

Look Trion, I respect Arsene Wenger and consider each decision he makes as the best possible (even if I am against it). But the thing is the following:

He is rebuilding the team after the Henry, Bergamp, Pires, Viera, etc... era

This I can understand why we are having a tittle drought, and I have to say that We have a promising team who can be among the top again (I dont consider us as from the top teams, because we are not as we were 4 seasons ago or before) But the thing that Pi** me off is that 4 years is too much for a team with our history. [Carling Cup since 1993 (16yrs), FA Cup 2005 (4yrs), EPL 2004 (5yrs)]

With all my respect to Arsene Wenger and his philosophy, but I think Sir Alex Ferguson is a better manager when it come to building a team because Arsene is rebuilding the team after every player has left or retired (We are starting over from zero point), unlike Ferguson who is building his team as well, but also playing his experienced simultaneously, What i mean in that is, He is playing Foster and building him so he will be ready to directly replace Van Der Saar when he retires, He is also building Nani, PJSong, and Fletcher to replace Giggs when he retires, he also is preparing Anderson to be the perfect replacement for Scholes, He also has replacements for Evra and G.Neiville, Rafael and Fabio, also in replacements for Ferdinand, he is now preparing Evans and infront he is building 2 promising strikers Macheda and Welbeck, so what SAF is doing is building a team to replaces his current team so when his players are old, he will have the young replacement ready without the need to wait some seasons until he REbuilds a team, because he builds his team and play his best at the same time, this is the thing which makes Man U now better and in the future they still are promising, that why I think SAF is better than Arsene Wenger when it comes to continues success. Again I still rate Wenger as one of the best but in that point Sir Alex played it right.

As to the Transfer decisions, Arsenal are among the rare teams who are not affected very much by the financial crisis and this is because of Arsene Wenger's transfer philosophy of buying young players.

Since 2004 Asenal started renewing their blood, reaching the peak in 2006.

- In Summer 2004 Wiltord moved out to Lyon, but it was not a worry as we had Henry and Bergkamp infront and Pires on the flank, also to secure the flanks Arsene bought Hleb as a replacement in the winter of 2004

- In 2005 Viera left the team, which left a huge gap at the midfield but it was covered by G.Silva and a new player was rising in that position (Cesc Fabregas) but the problem were continued which made Arsene make a lot of transfer in the winter (End of 2005/Start of 2006) which were buying Abou Diaby in the Center and also securing the front line before Bergkamp retires so he bought Adebayor and Walcott

- In Summer 2006, Campbell left the team and Pires moved out as well, which lead Arsene to buy Rosicky to replace Pires and had to make a transfer between A.Cole and Gallas (Who was a LB at the time but could play as a CB as well) this transfer meant that Toure had to play more like a CB and Eboue as a RB. To secure the CM position Wenger had to buy Denilson to replace the old G.Silva so he bought him in that summer as well (Flamini at the time was playing as a fullback)

- In 2007, His best 2 strikers were not in the team any more (Henry left and Bergkamp retired) but Wenger had Van Persie and was confident about Adebayor, but just to make sure, he bought Eduardo in that year. Thing were not going good at defense (Flamini doesn't like his fullback role, the CB position needed to be strengthen) so he changed Gallas to a CB and bought Sagna as a RB and L.Diarra as a RB and CM as well (G.Silva was starting to get older and the DM needed a new player)

That year Flamini was successful as a DM, Clichy filled the LB position after Gallas, and Gallas had a great season as CB with Toure and Sagna looked to be a promising player replacing Eboue on the RB position and pushing Eboue to RM position.

- But in 2008 things changes as Flamini wanted a bigger club (in his opinion), G.Silva wanted a new team to play as a starting player in, Senderos was tempted by AC Milan move, Lehman had to move after Almunia's great performance as GK, L.Diarra was not happy at his role and Hleb wanted to play in a great club at his peak age, so they all moved out:eek: this meant we had no Sub CB, no Wingers (Rosicky was still injured, Walcott wanted a more forward role) and our CM was weak again, so Wenger had to buy a young star to hold the midfield, so he bought Nasri for the flanks and Silvestre for the replacements of any injured CBs, but he believed in his young CMs so he only bought a young CM to support the departing Flamini and G.Silva (Aaron Ramsey), he also was pleased by the forwards' performance (Ady had a great season, RVP was good, Eduardo showed his quality and Walcott was improving as a forward player rather than a winger) so he didnt buy a striker but kept Vela from being loaned out again, he also gambled on Eric Bischoff in that summer

- Things were not looking good at all by the start of 2009 (we were not secure to be in the top 4) and the injuries of RVP, Eduardo, Ady, Walcott, and Rosicky made Wenger to spent the money and buy an expensive forward so he bought Arshavin who proved to be a great deal.

So Arsene is building a team in stages and he only buys when played go out and that is why the building process is taking so long unlike Ferguson who buys before he sells (players that I have mentioned before)

and to end it in a LOL, "Now I know who puts that "In Arsene We Trust" Sign in the stadium...It's Trion, the 100% trusting fan towards Wenger

To Philippe:

I'm not at all angry about the loss. The only thing I'm angry at is the fact that there were Arsenal fans leaving the stadium at the 60th minute. :mad::rolleyes:

Yeah, but that was expected when the team needed 5 goals and were not much trying, I mean we were 3-0 down and needed 5 goals when the team was devastated and was not actually playing, while Man U looked like they are in a training session....I stayed for the 90 minutes although I knew we were out of the cup when the 1st goal was scored (it is hard to score 3 goals against the best CB's in the world, and they play infront of a great GK)...But the fans should have still supported Arsenal even if we lost, Moral support is important when the team is losing.

Look Trion' date=' I respect Arsene Wenger and consider each decision he makes as the best possible (even if I am against it). But the thing is the following:

He is rebuilding the team after the Henry, Bergamp, Pires, Viera, etc... era

This I can understand why we are having a tittle drought, and I have to say that We have a promising team who can be among the top again (I dont consider us as from the top teams, because we are not as we were 4 seasons ago or before) But the thing that Pi** me off is that 4 years is too much for a team with our history. [Carling Cup since 1993 (16yrs), FA Cup 2005 (4yrs), EPL 2004 (5yrs)]

With all my respect to Arsene Wenger and his philosophy, but I think Sir Alex Ferguson is a better manager when it come to building a team because Arsene is rebuilding the team after every player has left or retired (We are starting over from zero point), unlike Ferguson who is building his team as well, but also playing his experienced simultaneously, What i mean in that is, He is playing Foster and building him so he will be ready to directly replace Van Der Saar when he retires, He is also building Nani, PJSong, and Fletcher to replace Giggs when he retires, he also is preparing Anderson to be the perfect replacement for Scholes, He also has replacements for Evra and G.Neiville, Rafael and Fabio, also in replacements for Ferdinand, he is now preparing Evans and infront he is building 2 promising strikers Macheda and Welbeck, so what SAF is doing is building a team to replaces his current team so when his players are old, he will have the young replacement ready without the need to wait some seasons until he REbuilds a team, because he builds his team and play his best at the same time, this is the thing which makes Man U now better and in the future they still are promising, that why I think SAF is better than Arsene Wenger when it comes to continues success. Again I still rate Wenger as one of the best but in that point Sir Alex played it right.

As to the Transfer decisions, Arsenal are among the rare teams who are not affected very much by the financial crisis and this is because of Arsene Wenger's transfer philosophy of buying young players.

Since 2004 Asenal started renewing their blood, reaching the peak in 2006.

- In Summer 2004 Wiltord moved out to Lyon, but it was not a worry as we had Henry and Bergkamp infront and Pires on the flank, also to secure the flanks Arsene bought Hleb as a replacement in the winter of 2004

- In 2005 Viera left the team, which left a huge gap at the midfield but it was covered by G.Silva and a new player was rising in that position (Cesc Fabregas) but the problem were continued which made Arsene make a lot of transfer in the winter (End of 2005/Start of 2006) which were buying Abou Diaby in the Center and also securing the front line before Bergkamp retires so he bought Adebayor and Walcott

- In Summer 2006, Campbell left the team and Pires moved out as well, which lead Arsene to buy Rosicky to replace Pires and had to make a transfer between A.Cole and Gallas (Who was a LB at the time but could play as a CB as well) this transfer meant that Toure had to play more like a CB and Eboue as a RB. To secure the CM position Wenger had to buy Denilson to replace the old G.Silva so he bought him in that summer as well (Flamini at the time was playing as a fullback)

- In 2007, His best 2 strikers were not in the team any more (Henry left and Bergkamp retired) but Wenger had Van Persie and was confident about Adebayor, but just to make sure, he bought Eduardo in that year. Thing were not going good at defense (Flamini doesn't like his fullback role, the CB position needed to be strengthen) so he changed Gallas to a CB and bought Sagna as a RB and L.Diarra as a RB and CM as well (G.Silva was starting to get older and the DM needed a new player)

That year Flamini was successful as a DM, Clichy filled the LB position after Gallas, and Gallas had a great season as CB with Toure and Sagna looked to be a promising player replacing Eboue on the RB position and pushing Eboue to RM position.

- But in 2008 things changes as Flamini wanted a bigger club (in his opinion), G.Silva wanted a new team to play as a starting player in, Senderos was tempted by AC Milan move, Lehman had to move after Almunia's great performance as GK, L.Diarra was not happy at his role and Hleb wanted to play in a great club at his peak age, so they all moved out:eek: this meant we had no Sub CB, no Wingers (Rosicky was still injured, Walcott wanted a more forward role) and our CM was weak again, so Wenger had to buy a young star to hold the midfield, so he bought Nasri for the flanks and Silvestre for the replacements of any injured CBs, but he believed in his young CMs so he only bought a young CM to support the departing Flamini and G.Silva (Aaron Ramsey), he also was pleased by the forwards' performance (Ady had a great season, RVP was good, Eduardo showed his quality and Walcott was improving as a forward player rather than a winger) so he didnt buy a striker but kept Vela from being loaned out again, he also gambled on Eric Bischoff in that summer

- Things were not looking good at all by the start of 2009 (we were not secure to be in the top 4) and the injuries of RVP, Eduardo, Ady, Walcott, and Rosicky made Wenger to spent the money and buy an expensive forward so he bought Arshavin who proved to be a great deal.

So Arsene is building a team in stages and he only buys when played go out and that is why the building process is taking so long unlike Ferguson who buys before he sells (players that I have mentioned before)

and to end it in a LOL, "Now I know who puts that "In Arsene We Trust" Sign in the stadium...It's Trion, the 100% trusting fan towards Wenger

Why the Hell do i have to read the comparison between Wenger and Ferguson....:mad:

I didnt ask for it...

Am not getting involved in this worthless discussion anymore...

I'm not at all angry about the loss. The only thing I'm angry at is the fact that there were Arsenal fans leaving the stadium at the 60th minute. :mad::rolleyes:

How do you feel now seeing that the fans are leaving from the 40th minute vs Chelsea

PS: How much is the price of a ticket for such a match?

For those who are outraged and havent watched the game

- Before first goal the best we've played all season

- First goal came cause Drogba dived and then got a freekick

- Gibbs is playing amazingly

- Nasri and Silvestre should of closed Anelka down for that goal.

- Fabianski is playing fine

- Diaby was playing amazingly but died down after first

- Song having a great game

- Plenty of venom which im liking

But seriously before the first goal best football i've seen since we won the prem.

For those who are outraged and havent watched the game

- Song having a great game

- Plenty of venom which im liking

But seriously before the first goal best football i've seen since we won the prem.

I wouldn't say he's playing fine, he came running out of the six yard box chasing the ball didnt get it and was luvky Drogbas shot came off his own player.

Also he didn't dive Fabregas caught his ankle, not much but enough to warrent a free-kick, and even if it wasn't who was marking Alex ? ;)

Beautiful football. :)
Then Cesc got yellowed for being right. :rolleyes::mad:
You'd expect Jesus Christ to be a little older. :P
Agreed. Silvestre was in a great position' date=' but like Eboue against in the FA Cup game, he didn't even stick a foot into the shot.
I hope he's not taking this half-time loss as his own fault.
He lost the ball quite a lot toward the end. :o

EDIT: Right now, I'm hoping we can come back from a 3-0 to at least a 3-2... It would lift a lot of spirits for the next two games.

Bendtner is on for Diaby... He tends to do well as a substitute' date=' so we'll see if we at least score once. Also, Walcott's shooting is worst than Rosicky, and yes, I am aware that Rosicky probably can't even walk. :rolleyes::o[/quote']

Bendtner scores off the header. :) I love to be right. Now, get that hat trick Nick!

Shoulda been a pen....

heres my points

- No contact but plenty of intent

- Adebayor put up his leg so that he wouldn't get kicked the intent is still there

.... it would of been 3-2 then who knows what would of happened

Excuses, excuses..

We have been the better team all day, and have deserved to win it without a doubt.

That result sorts out the champs league places for next season - Arsenal have to qualify in a non seeded knockout round - the other 3 straight through to the group stages

I'd hate to be Arsenal now then. They could face teams like Valencia, Juventus and the likes as its a random draw.. Is it just the top three from England that qualify for the group stages or is it now the same in Italy and Spain?

Not even a second goal? Well, to look on the bright side (optimism comes first), that match just made all of Wenger's should-be objectives as apparent as Ronaldo's dives: build Wacott's finishing, work on van Persie's off-the-ball movements, get Diaby working out five hours a day, teach Nasri the definition of 'consistency,' and kill Silvestre. ;)

Anyway, on the players' performances today:

Fabianski - 5.5 He couldn't do much. The defense gave him no protection. He made a few mistakes, but they weren't that bad. Almunia might have been able to keep it at 2-1 or 3-1, in my opinion.

Toure - 6.0 The third Chelsea goal wasn't his fault, to me. If he didn't score it, Drogba would have. For the rest of the match, he did well to make sure it wasn't 4-0 at half time and 6-1 or 7-1 at full time.

Silvestre - 4.0 Wenger. Kill him. He's just £750k, anyway. I'm sure his blunders have lost us more money (via prize money, ticket sales, etc.)

Sagna - 5.5 He did well at times, and he assisted our only goal. He couldn't stop Malouda, though. Shame. :(

Keiran Jesus Christ Gibbs - 7.5 Wow. If we didn't lose so badly, a 100.0 or 200.0 would be appropriate. :D

Song - 5.5 Better than usual, but not enough...

Diaby - 5.0 Oh, stand up, you weakling! A five-year old could have stolen the ball from you the way you played after the first goal.

Fabregas - 5.0 Ouch, it hurts degrading my favorite player, but I have no choice. He was nearly got suspended with that tackle on Essien. After the half-time break, Essien and Mikel stopped nearly all of his passes. At least he was a big contributor when he did succeed.

Walcott - 4.5 His runs and passes deserved a 7.0, but his shooting was that horrible. It nearly brought me to tears. Oh, god.

Nasri - 4.5 Where the hell did you go? What happened to all those snazzy performances earlier this season? I saw you in the box, alright, but where was the effort? :confused:

Van Persie - 4.5 Oh, pooey. Not even once was he get around the defense to get or give a quality pass.

Bendtner - 6.5 Two shots, one consolation goal. He didn't win it for us, but he at least shed some hope into the game. :)

I'd hate to be Arsenal now then. They could face teams like Valencia' date=' Juventus and the likes as its a random draw.. Is it just the top three from England that qualify for the group stages or is it now the same in Italy and Spain?[/quote']

Yep thats right top 3 from England, Spain and Italy

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/format/newsid=788882.html

^^^ list of already qualified teams and if there going into group stage or the qualifing round

Shoulda been a pen....

heres my points

- No contact but plenty of intent

- Adebayor put up his leg so that he wouldn't get kicked the intent is still there

.... it would of been 3-2 then who knows what would of happened

I agree with Hunty.

Football is full of petty excuses nowadays and it's becoming pathetic that the sport it becomming a non contact sport.