Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Arsenal Gossip

in my opinion arsenal need to make some changes. this what i had in mind :-

Lehmann

someone new Gallas Toure Clichy

Someone other then hleb Fabregas gilberto/rosicky V.Persie

(if staying)

Henry Someone desperately

eboue senderos hleb aliadiere adebayor are all not good enough for first team. main back up yes but instead of waiting for people to come through like bentdner vela merida etc. we need people now

if van persie up front then a new left winger is needed because rosicky is not a left winger he is a centre mid.

adebayor is especially annoying because he A) misses to many chances B) too selfish and C) worst of all somehow thinks he is king of arsenal

your opinions?

• Replies 59k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

i hate arsenal but u should get a few new defenders, a couple of wingers and maybe try playing rosicky in a free role behind henry, rosicky played in a free role at dortmund and looked class, i feel hes being wasted on the left at arsenal.

also start planning your search for the next henry because henry is getting old now and is only going to get worse- walcott is not the answer :(

i hate arsenal but u should get a few new defenders' date=' a couple of wingers and maybe try playing rosicky in a free role behind henry, rosicky played in a free role at dortmund and looked class, i feel hes being wasted on the left at arsenal.

also start planning your search for the next henry because henry is getting old now and is only going to get worse- walcott is not the answer :([/quote']

yeah dudes, arsenal have really lost it haven't they, they keep buying young players- no experience within the squad!!

they should get the following positions with players:

23-28 yr. old gk- to replace Lehmann

at least 2 defenders aged 23-28-

a winger like Simao/Mancini/Ribery

few mids who can score and defend

and strickers!!! like: Tevez etc.

yeah dudes' date=' arsenal have really lost it haven't they, they keep buying young players- no experience within the squad!!

they should get the following positions with players:

23-28 yr. old gk- to replace Lehmann

at least 2 defenders aged 23-28-

a winger like Simao/Mancini/Ribery

few mids who can score and defend

and strickers!!! like: Tevez etc.[/quote']

It's not Arsenal's style to go and spend (and possibly waste) £20 - £30 million on a solitary player, whereas they can have a talented youth squad for less. Your right about the inexperience, but as Fabregas, Clichy, Denilson etc have shown, they don't need much.

I think Adebayor is a great talent' date=' he gets important goals, very quick and tricky player, like a young Kanu, virtually carried Togo through their World Cup campaign on his own, and still very young. A lot of potential.[/quote']

i dont think adebayor is a great talent, i know that is your opinion and i respect that, but i think he tries to take people on to much with the same basic skill, i think he does not get enough of his shots on target or at least very testing for the goalkeeper and i believe he thinks he is indispensable to arsenal now when he easily replaceable

I personally think this will be the season where Arsenal will rise or fall to put it lol.

I think you need to bolster up your attack greatly, you could do with a young goalie for once and Craig Gordon would be a great buy, and possibly a defender and a midfielder.

I feel if you dont buy a player who sometimes attempts shots from long range you could lose 4th next season to Spurs as I feel there wont be much in it next year and a few goals here and there from someone like that could cost you.

Ive heard so many fans this year wanting someone who can shoot from long range to mix it up a bit. Im suprised really that you didnt allow Rosicky a few chances.

I also feel that you will suffer like Charlton for example if you lose Wenger, as like they did, the new manager will try a few new systems that wont work.

£14' date='000 :eek::eek: that is so low, but he has earned his contract this year with some of his performances works hard every game[/quote']

he's only been getting 7,000 a week then....now that is low..although it is still quite high in the "real world". :PB)

i dont think arsenal need defender, or goalie....it's just wasting money to buy them because what arsenal need is a natural goalscorer, a class finisher.....

FINISHER!!!!!! GOALSCORER!!!! btw, adebayor isn't as bad as u all said....he is at least, better than baptista....and he is not selfish...he can score too, but just not enough for the gunners...

no way spurs will finish 4th next season if BERBATOV leave...

Arsenal FW: TH, RVP, Adebayor, walcott, bendtner...I think they are going to sell ALI....btw, i just think that they need an experienced foward....

Arsenal MF : Hleb, Fab, Gil, Rosicky, denilson, diaby....Flamini is going to leave arsenal for Middlesbrough.. They also need a midfielder that can produce goals...and also a winger...(ribery, malouda...)

Arsenal DF: Eboue, Toure, Gallas, Clichy, Senderos, Djourou, Hoyte, Traore...do they need DF anymore!? NO!?

Arsenal GK: Jens, almunia..and lucas fabianski!?

i dont think arsenal need defender' date=' or goalie....it's just wasting money to buy them because what arsenal need is a natural goalscorer, a class finisher.....

FINISHER!!!!!! GOALSCORER!!!! btw, adebayor isn't as bad as u all said....he is at least, better than baptista....and he is not selfish...he can score too, but just not enough for the gunners...

no way spurs will finish 4th next season if BERBATOV leave...

Arsenal FW: TH, RVP, Adebayor, walcott, bendtner...I think they are going to sell ALI....btw, i just think that they need an experienced foward....

Arsenal MF : Hleb, Fab, Gil, Rosicky, denilson, diaby....Flamini is going to leave arsenal for Middlesbrough.. They also need a midfielder that can produce goals...and also a winger...(ribery, malouda...)

Arsenal DF: Eboue, Toure, Gallas, Clichy, Senderos, Djourou, Hoyte, Traore...do they need DF anymore!? NO!?

Arsenal GK: Jens, almunia..and lucas fabianski!?[/quote']

as long as key players do not get injured they shuld be fine.

and i can't wait 4 baptista to leave. whenevr we lost it had something to do with him, even if he wasn't playing :D

No :mad: but seriously he sucked, no way was he worth the switch with reyes. The only good thing he did the whole of the season was when he din't play :D ..oh...and wen he scored 4 against lpool..but still missed a penalty. he uck he suck he SUCKS...how did he score all those goals before..plus aliadiere shuld also go.

Personal opinion of course but you really do need a world class signing or to just for marale. I know that Arsenal have alot of confidence etc from their youngsters but you need something more.

And the chances of Berbatov leaving are very slim after he personally stated he said he is commited to helping Spurs get into the top 4.

Personal opinion of course but you really do need a world class signing or to just for marale. I know that Arsenal have alot of confidence etc from their youngsters but you need something more.

And the chances of Berbatov leaving are very slim after he personally stated he said he is commited to helping Spurs get into the top 4.

we need eto or ronaldinho or messi or ronaldo or drogba but i dont see that happenning :D:P;)B)

we need eto or ronaldinho or messi or ronaldo or drogba but i dont see that happenning

Nah you dont need them villa do ! :P:D

I completely agree with Evo in his statement.

Tottenham are not in any financial difficulty, Berbatov is on a long term contract and wants to play for spurs, so why on earth would Tottenham sell him because they wouldnt be able to get a replacement of his caliber without spending all the money they got from berbatov on a replacement, which makes no sense they might aswell keep him. which they will.

Finally, Arsenal might have all these youngsters with great potential but they lack a consistently high performing player that drives them on throughout the season. they have players like Fabregas who had a majestic first half of the season then died out, Toure is a special player but he to is inconsistent. They need a world class signing, another striker to partner a fully fit Henry would be ace.

A goal keeper is a must imo, Lehmann is getting on and is prone to inconsistency and rants at his opposition and team mates. :)

Another defender would be good aswell, a rio ferdinand type player one who reads the game rather than sliding in last minute like toure. try and balance the team out a little. imo arsenal need 2 world class signings and a very good talented goal keeper with a few more years under his belt

Tottenham are not in any financial difficulty' date=' Berbatov is on a long term contract and wants to play for spurs, so why on earth would Tottenham sell him because they wouldnt be able to get a replacement of his caliber without spending all the money they got from berbatov on a replacement, which makes no sense they might aswell keep him. which they will.

Finally, Arsenal might have all these youngsters with great potential but they lack a consistently high performing player that drives them on throughout the season. they have players like Fabregas who had a majestic first half of the season then died out, Toure is a special player but he to is inconsistent. They need a world class signing, another striker to partner a fully fit Henry would be ace.

A goal keeper is a must imo, Lehmann is getting on and is prone to inconsistency and rants at his opposition and team mates. :)

Another defender would be good aswell, a rio ferdinand type player one who reads the game rather than sliding in last minute like toure. try and balance the team out a little. imo arsenal need 2 world class signings and a very good talented goal keeper with a few more years under his belt[/quote']

Well said Adam, not against you Gooner as I also see how you feel and what you mean, being an Arsenal supporter.

Adam just said exactly what I mean tbut as im lazy i didnt explain it right lol.

..plus aliadiere shuld also go.

I disagree with that, Aliadiere is a good player who is very underrated. He's shown that in the Carling Cup this season, he just needs more games and he'll be as good as Adebayor.

Don't understand all this about Baptista either, he hasn't been at his best but when he's been given the chance, played fairly well and formed a superb partnership with Aliadiere.

I disagree with that' date=' Aliadiere is a good player who is very underrated. He's shown that in the Carling Cup this season, he just needs more games and he'll be as good as Adebayor.

Don't understand all this about Baptista either, he hasn't been at his best but when he's been given the chance, played fairly well and formed a superb partnership with Aliadiere.[/quote']

Aliadiere has only really done well once, against lpool 6-3. Baptista has had his chances, especially with Henry, RVP out but has not done anything gud. Also, i forgot to mention Senderos...did so well last season in CL...but this season he was terrible.

baptista had 11 prem starts along with 13 appearances as a sub. Only scoring a measly 3 goals.

Aliadiere has only really done well once' date=' against lpool 6-3. Baptista has had his chances, especially with Henry, RVP out but has not done anything gud. Also, i forgot to mention Senderos...did so well last season in CL...but this season he was terrible.

baptista had 11 prem starts along with 13 appearances as a sub. Only scoring a mesly 3 goals.[/quote']

yeah but Arsenal need more messy goals.

Tottenham are not in any financial difficulty' date=' Berbatov is on a long term contract and wants to play for spurs, so why on earth would Tottenham sell him because they wouldnt be able to get a replacement of his caliber without spending all the money they got from berbatov on a replacement, which makes no sense they might aswell keep him. which they will.

Another defender would be good aswell, a rio ferdinand type player one who reads the game rather than sliding in last minute like toure. try and balance the team out a little. imo arsenal need 2 world class signings and a very good talented goal keeper with a few more years under his belt[/quote']

another striker to partner a fully fit Henry would be ace. = already got van persie

a rio ferdinand type player one who reads the game rather than sliding in last minute like toure. = gallas is a player whose game is more about knowledge then ability

i do agree lehmann is inconsitent but he aint awful as he is a very good shot stopper with good reflexes but still a goalie should be brought in but not a young one we need over 25 preferably

Fabregas who had a majestic first half of the season then died out, Toure is a special player but he to is inconsistent. = toure is a consistent player and fabregas was better in the second half of the season so not sure about that comment

Arsenal might have all these youngsters with great potential but they lack a consistently high performing player that drives them on throughout the season. = do agree with this though

another striker to partner a fully fit Henry would be ace. = already got van persie

a rio ferdinand type player one who reads the game rather than sliding in last minute like toure. = gallas is a player whose game is more about knowledge then ability

i do agree lehmann is inconsitent but he aint awful as he is a very good shot stopper with good reflexes but still a goalie should be brought in but not a young one we need over 25 preferably

Fabregas who had a majestic first half of the season then died out' date=' Toure is a special player but he to is inconsistent.[/u'] = toure is a consistent player and fabregas was better in the second half of the season so not sure about that comment

Arsenal might have all these youngsters with great potential but they lack a consistently high performing player that drives them on throughout the season. = do agree with this though

If you have all these great player then and dont need any more players why did you do so poorly. its not like they would of all played bad at the same time. Is it liek this with all arsenal fans, they dont seem to realise they arent as good as they think. Gallas = Great defender. not a reader of the game imo. not i Ferdinands class and lucky to be a 95.

Also fabregas was much better in the first 3 months of the premiership ?? :confused: i thought that was common knowledge, thats when he was ripping through defenses etc. Toure is not consistent, makes loads of mistakes and is in and out of form.

Lehman has lost it, he simply isnt good enough. to old, to mouthy, not all that great. can produce good games

Also van persie is not a prolific goal scorer, he is a dennis berkamp style player who links up midfield with attack, but has more pace about him, can hit a shot and finish, but he is no out and out goal scorer. Arsenal need a new striker to go up the league and challenge for honours.