Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Agree with the red card' date=' but I thought the penalty decision was a bit harsh. He did have his hands up, but he was protecting his face. It was a natural action that most footballers would do in the same position. However, [i']a hand ball is a hand ball[/i].

This last line is one of the most stupidest errors amongst the football fans. There isn't even a rule called "hand ball" in football. A deliberate playing of the ball with hand is a foul. Now, in this case the problem is that a move of hand in front of the ball, even by mere reflex, is pretty much always counted as a foul - unless the hand was continuing its natural movement that had started before.

A similar situation was recently in M'bach-Marseille match, in which Kaboré was waving for a foul when the ball was smashed against his face from some two meter and he reflected by putting his hand in front of his face. It resulted in a penalty too. So, there is consistency.

These decisions are questionable, however, because the hand that is in front of players face is actually close to his body and does not affect the game. The rules do not yet dictate that it should be a penalty. But I think the refs have instructions to call penalty whenever a player by mere reflex moves the hand in front of the ball. Hopefully these incidents cause a little revision of those instructions, because these penalties are just silly.

I'm not gunna read a post to which you basically made out that we are all inferior to you and that only your opinion is valid.

No I never dude. What is it with you always making up things to get people to react?

Remember Giroud? I said I didn't rate the man, but you somehow interpreted that into me hating Giroud. But ok whatever.

If you actually read my posts you will see I speak sense, and what did I say so wrong? That some of our fans moan way to much... Sorry, but they do.

I am fully aware people have opinions, same as me. However some of the views that was said (not just by you) was awful.

Braucieno wrote a post, and you all practially took the mick out of him, now sorry but how can you tell me one thing and then do another.

People like Vendetta and Ruggermad are to quick to judge without facts, and sadly fall into the follow the crowd theme going on around here. Now I ain't trying to make WW3 however I do feel some of our fans are let downs to this club.

Both Clevs and Wilshire were on their last warning after their tackles previous to Wilshire being shown the red.....that's why.

In addition' date=' neither are on the pitch as Fergie had the sense to remove Clevs before he was also shown the red.[/quote']

Yeah, good point, of course Clev was no longer on the pitch either, but you know what I meant: he should have picked the other yellow card too.

Yet, I agree that Wenger should have taken Wilshere off at half-time. He was completely out of the match. Can't understand how.

People like Vendetta and Ruggermad are to quick to judge without facts' date=' and sadly fall into the follow the crowd theme going on around here.[/quote']

Says the person who described someone's opinion as 'pure bull' without any reasoning whatsoever.

But ok, i'll take it on the chin

Cazorla getting me some fantasy football points there :D

Says the person who described someone's opinion as 'pure bull' without any reasoning whatsoever.

But ok' date=' i'll take it on the chin

Cazorla getting me some fantasy football points there :D[/quote']

As I said dude read the original post which you keep on ignoring on purpose!

How can you even make an arguement when you don't even know what happened. Jesus! :)

Lovely Victory

So easily,thats a surprise for me I was expecting a win but so easily no I wasnt.

Wilshere red was right no doubt.

Cazorla was disappointing for me

Our man of the match was Rooney.was always available when someone was in trouble.

Arshavin should start more often Imo.Giroud,Terrible as ever:rolleyes:

This last line is one of the most stupidest errors amongst the football fans. There isn't even a rule called "hand ball" in football. A deliberate playing of the ball with hand is a foul. Now' date=' in this case the problem is that a move of hand in front of the ball, even by mere reflex, is pretty much always counted as a foul - unless the hand was continuing its natural movement that had started before.

A similar situation was recently in M'bach-Marseille match, in which Kaboré was waving for a foul when the ball was smashed against his face from some two meter and he reflected by putting his hand in front of his face. It resulted in a penalty too. So, there is consistency.

These decisions are questionable, however, because the hand that is in front of players face is actually close to his body and does not affect the game. The rules do not yet dictate that it should be a penalty. But I think the refs have instructions to call penalty whenever a player by mere reflex moves the hand in front of the ball. Hopefully these incidents cause a little revision of those instructions, because these penalties are just silly.[/quote']

This raises a question: Why in Spain is there a directive to give a mandatory yellow card for a 'hand ball' whether it be deliberate or not?

As I said dude read the original post which you keep on ignoring on purpose!

How can you even make an arguement when you don't even know what happened. Jesus! :)

I read it already

Just read the lineup and skip Wilshere's name. You get all players who were better than him.

haha Ok. Seems legit

No one to blame but ourselves. The team's facing the same problem which is unable to convert possession into chance. Sad to see our horrible attacks. Should have brought Arshavin in earlier, he's the reason that we started to bring threats. Also, Santos is one of the worst player i ever seen. Horrible positioning and stupid crosses. His crosses have never been into the box(not even close to anything) instead it was always up to the moon.