Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

@ Didi' date=' excellent post. Thank you for offering a little perspective. But [b']my issue isn't with comparing player's per se, more with the way people (Ruggermad, MUTD)[/b] mock me for putting my opinions forward in a fair manner and then being confronted with posts telling me 'factually' that i am wrong.

I'm sure an intelligent person like yourself can see the irony in that.

Yeah, I understand that. I just wanted to actually discuss the issue of Wilshere, Kroos etc. instead of letting them to take over the discussion. That's why I started with the "don't feed the troll".

• Replies 59k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

This is my first (and last :)) post in here as I find this thread to be the worst footballing thread on the forum, so many clowns.

Still I would like to say that anybody having a go over a debate on players is irrelevent. I have spoken with Sparky before and I am stull reeling from his Koscielny is better thn Ramos/Thiago Silva comment.

However it is his opinion, whilst 99% of us would think otherwise and that in itself suggests the majority are right he is entitled to it.

For the record I have no doubt that Wilshere is better than Kroos.

Said it since the first day I saw him (Arsenal V Liverpool youth cup final where he dominated the game at the Emirates and they sadly battered us 4-1 on the night) Wilshere is special.

He will go on to be one of the best players in the modern game, maybe he might have to move to really fulfill it but IMO he is a superior player to Kroos.

Now this may be difficult on this thread, but lets try stop the pettiness :o

100% Wrong attitude to have.

In my opinion Bayern have players that will destroy Arsenal with ease however being a Celtic fan ino that shocks can happen and Arsenal can beat Bayern if the right Arsenal side turns up. Podolski and Carzola will be key in the game along with Wilsh they all need to turn up and give 110% as do the rest of the players and you can get a result at Emerites and then if you could score one in Germany which no matter how badly you rate Arsenal they can do then your laughing.

However if Bayern turn up with there A game which German sides tend to do then I dont think Arsenal will go though but there is always hope in any tie!

Yeah, had those games been knock out, you would have just knocked out Barcelona. The difference between Arsenal and Bayern is not larger than the difference between Celtic and Barça. It certainly is not undoable. But it will ask for some serious countering of Bayern's tactics. Arsenal has to understand to go to the match as the underdogs. Lille's approach of letting Bayern's defenders keep the ball calmly but mark the other players instead, in the first game seemed to work pretty well until Lahm dived for the penalty. Les individual errors, bit more creativity in attack from the beginning, Lille could have won that, and frankly, even as the match was, Lille's victory would not have been unfair seen the second half.

Did you not watch the Champions League Final last year? :rolleyes:
Pathetic... You shouldn't even support Arsenal. You clearly only want glory or you wouldn't post such nonsense.

Why don't you join the bandwagon of youngsters who somehow have supported City their whole life. :rolleyes:

I dont think he was serious, he was taking the ....... out of the people saying you are defo out, as if Bayern can't be beaten

I dont think he was serious' date=' he was taking the ....... out of the people saying you are defo out, as if Bayern can't be beaten[/quote']

If he was then I do apologise, however can you blame me for think that might be serious with the amount of nonsense that is usually said :P

I dont think he was serious' date=' he was taking the ....... out of the people saying you are defo out, as if Bayern can't be beaten[/quote']

Indeed: If people go to read his first post on this, it was that Bayern is definitely doable. I think my praise of Bayern's strength provoked that ironic post.

Ruggermad - I am honestly sick of your posts. Nothing ever constructive just pure troll after troll.

I do post constructive and thought through comments. It's just people such as yourself have a certain view of me so completely overlook said posts and only comment on the non serious ones.

So unless you take your blinkers off and respond or even acknowledge my serious points during discussions, then you don't really have a leg to stand on when saying every single one of my posts is for the purpose of trolling

I do post constructive and thought through comments. It's just people such as yourself have a certain view of me so completely overlook said posts and only comment on the non serious ones.

So unless you take your blinkers off and respond or even acknowledge my serious points during discussions' date=' then you don't really have a leg to stand on when saying every single one of my posts is for the purpose of trolling[/quote']

Sorry, ruggermad, but once again, as a third party who actually had never crossed paths with you before seeing you here recently, I have to say that you do not post constructive comments in this particular thread. Pretty much ever. You only come here when there is something negative about Arsenal and you just come to rub it on their face. And if it is not necessarily negative, you put it as negatively as it gets. I have to agree with them, in this thread, you are merely trolling. Or just hating. Without knowing you, I can't say which one is more correct. I'd guess hating.

Sorry' date=' ruggermad, but once again, as a third party who actually had never crossed paths with you before seeing you here recently, I have to say that you do not post constructive comments in this particular thread. Pretty much ever. You only come here when there is something negative about Arsenal and you just come to rub it on their face. And if it is not necessarily negative, you put it as negatively as it gets. I have to agree with them, in this thread, you are merely trolling. Or just hating. Without knowing you, I can't say which one is more correct. I'd guess hating.[/quote']

Spot on. I would rep but I need to spread it out first haha.

Sorry' date=' ruggermad, but once again, as a third party who actually had never crossed paths with you before seeing you here recently, I have to say that you do not post constructive comments in this particular thread. Pretty much ever. You only come here when there is something negative about Arsenal and you just come to rub it on their face. And if it is not necessarily negative, you put it as negatively as it gets. I have to agree with them, in this thread, you are merely trolling. Or just hating. Without knowing you, I can't say which one is more correct. I'd guess hating.[/quote']

This seems to be the theme about quite a few posters on this thread.

I don't even really look at the name when I respond to something...

looking forward to jenkinson/sagna vs ribery..not

Our wingers will have to work very hard to track back, especially at the Allianz in the second leg. However, it goes without saying really that in a round of 16 CL game all our 11 must absolutely work their socks off defensively.

If our wingers do not track back and our midfield does not press together then we will find it very hard, the same goes for Bayern though.