Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

If he's here' date=' then yes.[/quote']

Wenger finally dropped Gervinho and Ramsey and played Theo Walcott through the middle and Oxlade-Chamberlain down the right.

The team were quicker on the counter attack. It was great to see movement and speed being injected back into the squad.

Wenger must see that hat-trick scorer Santi Cazorla, midfield stalwart Jack Wilshere and top goalscorer Walcott are the key elements needed at Arsenal for the rest of this season. There is no need to take gambles on off-form players.

Hopefully, Podolski will have something to prove going against his old club and Per Mertesacker should be keen to show.

If Wenger can get the tactics right over the two legs with Bayern Munich then his team have a chance of winning to the Germans and progressing through to the next round

Wenger finally dropped Gervinho and Ramsey and played Theo Walcott through the middle and Oxlade-Chamberlain down the right.

The team were quicker on the counter attack. It was great to see movement and speed being injected back into the squad.

Wenger must see that hat-trick scorer Santi Cazorla' date=' midfield stalwart Jack Wilshere and top goalscorer Walcott are the key elements needed at Arsenal for the rest of this season. There is no need to take gambles on off-form players.

Hopefully, Podolski will have something to prove going against his old club and Per Mertesacker should be keen to show.

If Wenger can get the tactics right over the two legs with Bayern Munich then his team have a chance of winning to the Germans and progressing through to the next round[/quote']

You could of just posted the link?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1451833-arsenal-fc-can-upset-bayern-munich-in-uefa-champions-league-knockout-tie

Sorry' date=' ruggermad, but once again, as a third party who actually had never crossed paths with you before seeing you here recently, I have to say that you do not post constructive comments in this particular thread. Pretty much ever. You only come here when there is something negative about Arsenal and you just come to rub it on their face. And if it is not necessarily negative, you put it as negatively as it gets. I have to agree with them, in this thread, you are merely trolling. Or just hating. Without knowing you, I can't say which one is more correct. I'd guess hating.[/quote']

If you bothered to look through my posts, I had a constructive conversation with a few other forumers about 3 or 4 days ago in this thread. That is just one example.

But whatever. Don't really care what people's prejudices are against me. I'll have sensible conversations with those who care to be sensible themselves

If you bothered to look through my posts' date=' I had a constructive conversation with a few other forumers about 3 or 4 days ago in this thread. That is just one example.

But whatever. Don't really care what people's prejudices are against me. I'll have sensible conversations with those who care to be sensible themselves[/quote']

Please quote them here. All I ever see is trolling :)

Henry: Bought for £11m aged 21' date=' Sold for £16.5m aged 29

Adebayor: Bought for £3m aged 22, Sold for £25m aged 25

Fabregas: Taken from Barca aged 16, Sold for £24m aged 24

Nasri: Bought for £12m aged 21, Sold for £25m aged 24

Vieira: Bought for £3.5 aged 21, Sold for £13.5m aged 29

Van Persie: Bought for £2.75m aged 19, Sold for £24m aged 29

There are many more but I can't be asked to write them down. I think i've proven my point.

What I said was based on previous factual evidence. Because you didn't like it, you became a lemming and jumped on a ridiculous bandwagon in this thread and just labelled me a troll, instead of coming up with a decent response.

Deal with the fact that your football club sees business sense as more important than footballing sense. Someone will come in with huge money for Wilshere at some point, and Wenger and your board will accept it. Whether Jack signs the contract is another thing.[/quote']

@Maoam

This was said serious conversation but it got taken completely the wrong way and out of context

Quick question what do you honestly think Bayern think about getting Arsenal?

Would they see us as a push over?

Or out for revenge on English sides because of Chelsea?

What do you lot think? :)

I think the alternatives would've been Celtic, Valencia, Shaktar, Real Madrid, Porto, Galatasaray, and Milan

Of that group, Arsenal is one of the hardest ones after Real Madrid.

I think any team that was not Real Madrid was gonna be fine for Bayern, but Arsenal is certainly one of the hardest options in that group

I think the alternatives would've been Celtic' date=' Valencia, Shaktar, Real Madrid, Porto, Galatasaray, and Milan

Of that group, Arsenal is one of the hardest ones after Real Madrid.

I think any team that was not Real Madrid was gonna be fine for Bayern, but Arsenal is certainly one of the hardest options in that group[/quote']

Not Valencia, as they had them in their group. I honestly think Shakhtar is the worst opponent to get on par perhaps with Real Madrid. That agonising trip to Ukraine just really edges Shakhtar as my most unwanted opponent from a neutral view. I don't think Bayern are too happy drawing the Gunners but they should feel rather comfortable about themselves

I doubt they're too pleased considering the options that were available.

However I bet they're pretty confident and would of been no matter who they got (bar Real Madrid)

Certainly not. I don't think they will underestimate you. But they do reckon being stronger, they will come to the match confident, and they look at you as a weaker team, in fact, I think that's precisely what they look for: your weaknesses, they know you have a few of them, and they look to exploit those.

One: you make errors in defending set pieces. They are very good in set pieces and have this habit of playing difficult, inwards bent free kicks and cutting the trajectory. Those are hard to defend against for any team and as you already have some problems in that respect, I could bet they'll score from an in-direct free kick (possibly directly though, because those free kicks always have the potential of going directly in).

Another: your left flank has been relatively week, and as Lahm doubles up with Müller and Ribéry moves very well from his left flank to the right one, covering the distance between well, they might very well overload that flank more than few times. Ribéry's movement to right from his left side might be one of the key things that you have to beware. Arteta reads play amazingly well and is often able to steal the ball right when somebody was trying to make that defence breaking move, so if he just keeps his eye on that, he might be well able to reduce that effect. But then you need someone else to keep up with Kroos. Kroos, on the other hand, is easier to mark due to not being particularly fast nor a good dribbler - but he is very sneaky and wise in his movement. I think you should actually just muscle him up: if you can get Diaby back, he could take Kroos, while always escape from Kroos when you get the ball. That doesn't solve all your problems, but two key things might be there.

Under the right circumstances, Arsenal have a very small chance of causing an upset.

I really hope that Diaby recovers in time for the tie, because I believe that with him in the squad, Arsenal have one of the best midfield trios in the PL. If he does not recover time, Arsenal will lose a bit of strength through the middle, but that being said, Bayern are more potent on the wings.

Ribery, Muller and maybe Robben pose huge threats, especially with Lahm and Alaba overlapping from the back. However, people were just as worried about Barcelona's threat on the wing back in 2011, and although Arsenal are arguably not as strong a team now, Bayern's threat out wide should be taken with a grain of salt.

Bayern will definitely have swagger, but probably won't take Arsenal for granted, unless they batter us in the first leg, that is. I predict 4-2 Bayern on aggregate. On the other hand, the whole makeup of the tie changes if new players are bought in January...

I believe that Arsenal have the necessary arsenal of players to defeat Bayern's arsenal of players.

I also believe that Man City will sign Justin Bieber to add to the attacking quality of their arsenal of players.

B)

I believe that Arsenal have the necessary arsenal of players to defeat Bayern's arsenal of players.

I also believe that Man City will sign Justin Bieber to add to the attacking quality of their arsenal of players.

B)

What the..still drunk from last night ? :P

Not Valencia' date=' as they had them in their group. I honestly think Shakhtar is the worst opponent to get on par perhaps with Real Madrid. That agonising trip to Ukraine just really edges Shakhtar as my most unwanted opponent from a neutral view. I don't think Bayern are too happy drawing the Gunners but they should feel rather comfortable about themselves[/quote']

On the other hand, Shakhtar might lose an important player or two in January. Anyway, it is certain that playing Arsenal at this point was not on their wish list, nor on that of any other team, when they wrote to Santa.

B)

Pahahaha that was a good read.

Why are you even bothered?

Cause now a club bottom of the league is beating us to our targets.

If it was Man City, Chelsea, Barca or Man utd i would not have mind it, but Reading! Cannot we pay even more than them? Gazidas and co. can go to hell.

If it was Man City' date=' Chelsea, Barca or Man utd i would not have mind it, but Reading! Cannot we pay even more than them? Gazidas and co. can go to hell.[/quote']

Its not like its a world class player whos gonna improve the starting 11...

Ive never even heard of the guy lol. Id much rather save the money for someone worth buying.

If it was Man City' date=' Chelsea, Barca or Man utd i would not have mind it, but Reading! Cannot we pay even more than them? Gazidas and co. can go to hell.[/quote']

Honestly, if this were some proven talent, i'd understand. But it's a 23 year old Zambian who , if he were that good, would have left Africa by now.

Bit of an over-reaction. If Wenger really, really wanted him and if he really was worth getting, we would have bought him.

Reading would not have beaten us to him if Wenger genuinely believed he would have improved our team.