Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Wenger: I will only sign exceptional players for Arsenal in January

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/69/transfer-zone/2012/12/26/3628824/wenger-i-will-only-sign-exceptional-players-for-arsenal-in

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/185278.html

decoding...

a) I will only sell exceptional players in January

B) I will not sign anyone in January

Nah Dont think we'll get him. Chelsea would likely be his preference because the manager speaks his language' date=' can work alongside Mata again which did so well at Valencia and play alongside Torres who were great together few seasons ago.[/quote']

I dunno, because they do the same. Don't give out large contracts to over 30s

Just had Alan Smith in my store :D I got a signature and he will be in later this week to sign my Arsenal shirt. Happy times :D

What did you say you did again? Wasn't it money lending or something?

Wenger: I will only sign exceptional players for Arsenal in January

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/69/transfer-zone/2012/12/26/3628824/wenger-i-will-only-sign-exceptional-players-for-arsenal-in

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/185278.html

decoding...

a) I will only sell exceptional players in January

B) I will not sign anyone in January

Looks like someone is singing the same old tune at the Emirates eh? ;):P

the players I want Arsenal to buy players that will make difference. I will try to be realistic or not

Younes Belhanda or Sneijder?? to cover for cazorla incase of injury or to rotate

Belhanda is definetely the type of player wenger will go for he is young got the abilities to play as winger and behind the striker, great vision and passing ability around 15 Million-18 million price tag

Sneijder we all know how good he is. 20 million-25 million may force inter to sell with all the problem they have with him but the wages demand makes it almost impossible for us to sign him also the fees

Yann Nvilla or NAINGGOLAN or Kevin STROOTMAN to cover: Arteta or rotate

radja_nainggolan_cagliari__001.jpg

the picture above is for the player name: NAINGGOLAN many of you may never heard of him before he plays for Cagliari is 23 years old. if dont watch the Italian league you may not him but for what l have seen in the games I watch him play he is top player very good player. power and strength and aggression. will cost around 10- 15 million but if Arsenal want him the may need to move quick as fenerbahce and zenit are also keen

Nvilla we all know how good he is but he is attitude is been put to question many times I dont know why because in the game doesnt show it. 15-20 million price but I think the price is the real problem as it always with arsenal :rolleyes:

STROOTMAN he play for PSV this player as it all. can defend, can pass, great vision. almost if not a complete player in my opinion. Arsenal have sent scout to watch him play and are interest in him as far as am concern. cost around 15-20 million but Man united are also very keen on him

YANGA-MBIWA, Mapou to cover sagna or arteta or vermaleen

this guy can play anywhere. strong, powerfull, can read the game very well, can tackle but cant pass well he can but not that good. if you watch the champions league games against arsenal home and away you will know what I mean. Arsenal have already put him as number one target if we lose vermaleen in the future but I think we should sign him now NOW!! or else someone else will

Falcao or cavani or david villa

let just go straight to the point Never going to happen. NEVER!! maybe Villa but with wenger this deal wont happen! I dont see arsenal spending 45 million on either falcao or cavani no chance in hell. Villa in other hands I think most arsenal fans will love if this was true but 10-15 million for 31 years old player wenger doesnt do that he will rather spend 15 million on some guy called: WILFRIED ZAHA.

after all that The player I think we are actualy going sign is : WILFRIED ZAHA and LUKE SHAW

LET wait see what exceptional players, wengers will sign this will be interesting :D

the players I want Arsenal to buy players that will make difference. I will try to be realistic or not

LET wait see what exceptional players' date=' wengers will sign this will be interesting :D[/quote']

ahh thats nice...

realistically, this is happening.

ENGLAND/ ARSENAL - Bosingwa for replace Sagna

The former of Chelsea, Josè Bosingwa can quit QPR in January. According to the English press Arsene Wenger are interested in him for replace Bacary Sagna possibile departure. Probably he can arrive on loan.

Got an awesome text today from my cousin.

Me, him and a mate have tickets to see the Arsenal - Bayen game on febuary 19th :D So excited!!! Will only be my second visit to the Emirates, what a game to go to. (Hopefully better than the last

time I went where WBA beat us 3-2 :()

Not a cheap evening though, £66 for a ticket and £17 for a coach there and back. But I cant wait! :D :D :D

Got an awesome text today from my cousin.

Me' date=' him and a mate have tickets to see the Arsenal - Bayen game on febuary 19th :D So excited!!! Will only be my second visit to the Emirates, what a game to go to. (Hopefully better than the last

time I went where WBA beat us 3-2 :()

Not a cheap evening though, £66 for a ticket and £17 for a coach there and back. But I cant wait! :D :D :D[/center']

Great game for tickets and the atmosphere will be amazing with it being a champions league fixture. Have fun :)

I'll have to settle for the T.V and being only able to get tickets for north american sports :P

besides I think an Arsenal ticket at the canadian dollar value would be massive :D

Wenger is a great manager' date=' if you lose him you will realise that.[/quote']

Going to add to this.

Not his fault funds haven't been there for him, part of why he can't spend money on wages to keep players is because money is tight, can't afford to spend big on wages. Although letting players go is his major fault.

Still Arsenal finish top 4 and progress to the knockout stages of the champions league season in season out on a net spend of 0m, it's amazing really.

For every Chamahk signing there are two Cazorla's.

Last season to bring Arsenal back from that 8-2 loss was quite amazing, would be like Liverpool finishing top 4 this season!

I believe he won't be sacked purely because the board know he is great at sustaining Arsenal on a low budget.

If you lost him you would probably get an average manager in (who is available) who will fail to pull off miracles in the transfer market and I go early believe it could spark an Arsenal crisis.

Wenger is an amazing manger and your lucky to have him.

Keep in your #wengerout tweets, the sooner he leaves you the better for the rest of us.

Going to add to this.

Not his fault funds haven't been there for him' date=' part of why he can't spend money on wages to keep players is because money is tight, can't afford to spend big on wages. Although letting players go is his major fault.[/quote']

However, it is not as if he wanted to let them go. He fought 'til the end to keep Nasri, Fabregas et al. Only with Song and RVP he lost his nerve and sent them away.

Anyway, about the rest, you are right. Most, if not all, of the other managers would have been fighting for maintain with Arsenal's budget and transfer policy, Wenger has kept the club in big four.

And still this Cazorla. I'm amazed how little people appreciate this recruitment. Before the season, I told you guys, he is the best buy of the summer, everybody kept on talking about some kagawas as if they had anything on Cazorla. He was the best kept secret of Spain, and would certainly star for any other NT. Wenger seized that occasion in all silence. Sometimes a Chelsea or City hears about the same player and doubles up Arsenal's bid, but this time the deal was settled fast enough due to Malaga's problems. I don't know if you can say this kind of buy "genius", because in my opinion it was bloody obvious. Yet he was not hot on transfer markets, he was not much sought for, not much hyped. And he was a perfect buy. Not only for Arsenal, but maybe particularly for them.

And even Chamakh. He was free transfer. He was excelling for a team that beat Juve and Bayern with ease. It is not as if only Arsenal wanted him, he was wanted all over Europe. He excelled for Arsenal as well, just until RVP returned and he was benched. Everything went wrong with him in the end, but before that he got Arsenal through one CL group stage. And into a pretty good EPL season as well.

The problem with Arsenal is simply that Wenger wants to, and has to, build long term projects, and for years now his projects have all been broken before he got to finish them. Spring 2011, I think his project only 1 or 2 years away from reaching the objectives and would have been winning EPL, maybe even CL, soon. But then he gradually lost his team, Cesc, Clichy, Nasri, RVP and so on, combined with injuries to Diaby and Wilshere. And this is why, according to Wenger, they are now building on a British core. For not to lose it again before the project is ready.

Last season to bring Arsenal back from that 8-2 loss was quite amazing' date=' would be like Liverpool finishing top 4 this season![/quote']

I think you are quite exaggerating, it is only one match, all club sometimes suffered heavy defeat once in awhile and that cannot be compared to playing in full season and finished 4th.

However' date=' it is not as if he wanted to let them go. He fought 'til the end to keep Nasri, Fabregas et al. Only with Song and RVP he lost his nerve and sent them away.

Anyway, about the rest, you are right. Most, if not all, of the other managers would have been fighting for maintain with Arsenal's budget and transfer policy, Wenger has kept the club in big four.

And still this Cazorla. I'm amazed how little people appreciate this recruitment. Before the season, I told you guys, he is the best buy of the summer, everybody kept on talking about some kagawas as if they had anything on Cazorla. He was the best kept secret of Spain, and would certainly star for any other NT. Wenger seized that occasion in all silence. Sometimes a Chelsea or City hears about the same player and doubles up Arsenal's bid, but this time the deal was settled fast enough due to Malaga's problems.

And even Chamakh. He was free transfer. He was excelling for a team that beat Juve and Bayern with ease. It is not as if only Arsenal wanted him, he was wanted all over Europe. He excelled for Arsenal as well, just until RVP returned and he was benched. Everything went wrong with him in the end, but before that he got Arsenal through one CL group stage. And into a pretty good EPL season as well.

[b']The problem with Arsenal is simply that Wenger wants to, and has to, build long term projects, [/b]and for years now his projects have all been broken before he got to finish them. Spring 2011, I think his project only 1 or 2 years away from reaching the objectives and would have been winning EPL, maybe even CL, soon. But then he gradually lost his team, Cesc, Clichy, Nasri, RVP and so on, combined with injuries to Diaby and Wilshere.

Agree with this

I think you are quite exaggerating' date=' it is only one match, all club sometimes suffered heavy defeat once in awhile and that cannot be compared to playing in full season and finished 4th.[/quote']

Arsenal were I think 15th this time last season, coming off a 8-2 loss with a hugely depleted squad due to injury, and they still finished 3rd.

Agree with this

Arsenal were I think 15th this time last season' date=' coming off a 8-2 loss with a hugely depleted squad due to injury, and they still finished 3rd.[/quote']

"The problem with Arsenal is simply that Wenger wants to, and has to, build long term projects, and for years now his projects have all been broken before he got to finish them."

That is a big a problem as with Liverpool not fighting for top 4.

Matter of time that rising clubs will surpass Arsenal and Liverpool. After all, people only remember and want to be winners. Jersey sales and fan base are slowing and will only decline in rankings at current rates.

Man City's revenue already rose significantly and their losses is halved of previous year. If they had performed in UCL, that would have been better.

Chelsea's revenue is already on par with Arsenal and selling more jersey. They literally surpassed Arsenal in almost every department except history.. signing better players, growth of the club to global power, playing more attractive football and winning/competing for trophies.

Anymore drop and you have Liverpool finding it difficult to attract talent. Look at the players they are trying to sign and have managed to, mostly are mid-table calibre at best and hardly any good ones will join them. As Tottenham proved more attractive and has progressed a lot in recent years.

At current rates, there will come a time when Arsenal fall out of the UCL lure and the continued lost of best players every year will finally put the club out of European competition. Look at the current squad, it is acceptable but nowhere near the top 3 English clubs, and already struggling to compete for the final UCL spot.

Walcott?

A1Z0p5QCMAA8MRA.jpg:large

Oh btw, Liverpool meeting Man Utd soon! Their sole reason in the EPL for recent years, lol... hope they get a win though.

Lets be honest here. Wenger has only done good for our club. Arsenal and United are a rare breed of club which have a manager who means the world to them.

I can only speak for Arsenal as I watch them as many times as I can. However the only thing that stopped Arsenal being known as the best team in the world was Chelsea.

The moment we won the league in 03 we was at the very top. Sadly Wayne Bridge scored a fluke goal and we went out the CL and then Abromovich took over and pretty much brought the league. If it wasn't for him Arsenal would of carried on progressing at the expense of other clubs. Facts prove this, nothing more nothing less. Money changed the game.

Top 4 for what we spend is great, the talent we produce is amazing something no other English club can match. The closest was City until they had a takeover. Sadly players go mainly for money not titles. Look at Gerrard for example two transfer requests for a big money move even when you had won the CL.

Footballers aren't what they was 20 years ago, and the game of football has changed because of this.

Wenger does the best he can with what he has got and I for one will always support the man. I admit we need to look for a replacement sooner rather than later but let the man go in his own time not when the fans get annoyed.

As for Liverpool, they will be back. Brendan is doing a good job getting the players to play for each other. Sadly I feel you could do with a new young wonderkid from the academy. Someone who loves and supports Liverpool and will give their all in every game. Sadly Stevie G can't run for 90 mins twice or three times a week now.

Or could it perhaps of been Gerrard wanted to win the prem? Something which he has never done so those worries and concerns which could of potentially led him to putting in a request were based on legitimate reasons and not because he wanted a massive pay cheque?

How on earth can you speculate that he wanted to leave for cash is beyond me. Unless of course you know him, and he told you this in private, in which case. Give him a hug from me, and ask for his autograph.

You whole post is made up of massive assumptions.

Or could it perhaps of been Gerrard wanted to win the prem? Something which he has never done so those worries and concerns which could of potentially led him to putting in a request were based on legitimate reasons and not because he wanted a massive pay cheque?

How on earth can you speculate that he wanted to leave for cash is beyond me. Unless of course you know him' date=' and he told you this in private, in which case. Give him a hug from me, and ask for his autograph.

You whole post is made up of massive assumptions.[/quote']

Firstly they just won the CL.

Secondly they had great players like Alonso, Garcia etc..

Thirdly they wasn't far off the Prem anyway. A few years later they finished second I believe.

Gerrard wanted either Chelsea or Madrid. Look it up yourself it is old news.

Also people like you annoy me the most. You take one line out of 4 paragraphs and base an argument which I have stats to back up. In future maybe you can reply to my whole debate before picking things apart.

What is the chant at Gerrard?

Oh Gerrard Gerrard

He kisses the badge and the crest

Hands in a transfer request

oh Gerrard Gerrard.

Firstly they just won the CL.

Secondly they had great players like Alonso' date=' Garcia etc..

Thirdly they wasn't far off the Prem anyway. A few years later they finished second I believe.

Gerrard wanted either Chelsea or Madrid. Look it up yourself it is old news.

Also people like you annoy me the most. You take one line out of 4 paragraphs and base an argument which I have stats to back up. In future maybe you can reply to my whole debate before picking things apart.

What is the chant at Gerrard?

Oh Gerrard Gerrard

He kisses the badge and the crest

Hands in a transfer request

oh Gerrard Gerrard.[/quote']

You're seriously trying to argue that Gerrard isn't loyal? He's in the top 3 Prem footballers for loyalty with Giggs and Scholes.

There's no point arguing your other points as you simply won't listen to anyone who doesn't think that the sun shines out of Wenger's rectum.

You whole post is made up of massive assumptions.

Was we or was we not the best team in England at that time?

Yes

Was we undeafted for a whole season

Yes

Did the biggest clubs in the world want our players

Yes

Did Chelsea buy the prem in 05

Yes

Tell me where my assumptions are? I will tell you stats.