Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Are most Arsenal fans still want Wenger out after these good run?

Well , I personally never wanted him out but I wanted him moved to maybe a Senior Advisor or special position. He is Arsene Wenger and what he's done is priceless and he has influenced the club on many levels. He's a legend. He can stay as manager for this season, but It's time for new blood. Ofc, Wenger should be then moved into a position of guidance for the new manager.

That was a good watch on MOTD. :)

Four wins in a row now, thats much more like it. The attack seems to be so much quicker now than a month or two ago where we were slugish. Wenger just needs to keep the same XI playing each week now, particually the front 3

Does anyone still want to question me when I say that Theo should play centre forward for you all the time?

Absolutely class once again in that position. The only negative part for you is that this is providing him with a phenomenal shop window

Who questioned you?

Most is inaccurate. We were almost perfectly split on Wenger' date=' did you see the poll? [url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=128643[/url]

So' date=' Giroud and Walcott, once again, were very efficient together. Pod and Ox hardly ever combine with either of them....[/quote']

Great analysis, really insightful.

Well he is actually a CF that they have trained to play as a wing' date=' so wing isnt his foremost position[/color']

I think he would be much better at Wing and lukas as CF' date=' as Theo is decent crossing and tend to be selfish[/color']

I used to watch Podolski as a teenager at Koln. I always hoped we'd sign him he was the most explosive young CF. Only took us the best part of 10 years to get him and when we do we play him on the wing :rolleyes:

I do think Podo is a better passer than Theo, being that wingers must pass, for me that makes him a better winger.

I'd guess you'd probably have to ship off Balotelli or Dzeko if you even wanted to think about bringing Walcott in.

I have wondered at times whether we should play two up top at home but it really wouldn't work in my opinion. The midfield and defence would suffer immensely if we played 442 or diamond system and it would mean that wed have more players out of position or who wouldn't fit certain roles within a system.

How do you guys think a 3-5-2 would do for us? I'd like to see us try it maybe once but It wont happen :P

Good players can play in any system.

Right now it ain't broke so what are we trying to fix?

There may be a situation where 5 in midfield with Merte, Verm and Kosc at the back could be useful.

Likewise with 4-4-2, it will just require hard working fwds to track back and defend. Maybe Walcott and Podo in that respect.

I'd like for us to be tactically flexible and be able to switch between all 3 in 90mins if we needed to! Doubt Wenger will try switching though.

Good game, glad we didn't lose Wilshere today, held my breath when the ball hit him. :rolleyes: Henry started aged 23 down the middle, so has Walcott. I am still suspect of Wenger though, sure we are on a good run, but if he lets Walcott go, or doesn't strengthen/get rid of dead wood in January then thats another nail in his coffin.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves' date=' the recent results only mask the cracks. He [b']HAS[/b] to tie down Walcott.

Does anyone still want to question me when I say that Theo should play centre forward for you all the time?

Anyone who questioned you is an idiot...

Arsenals win is misleading. (The scoreline) They have a poor defence and Newcastle were sluggish and made them look good. Still think they will finish 4th.

What I tweeted. You are a decent side but you need Diaby back and another too striker IMO

Arsenals win is misleading. (The scoreline) They have a poor defence and Newcastle were sluggish and made them look good. Still think they will finish 4th.

What I tweeted. You are a decent side but you need Diaby back and another too striker IMO

Yeah looking forward to Diaby coming back. Resumes training this week if I read the paper properly the other day. Just trying to fit him in tho, most likely drop Chamberlain and stick Cazorla on the wing, but then you lose the creativity in the middle from Santi.

Yeah looking forward to Diaby coming back. Resumes training this week if I read the paper properly the other day. Just trying to fit him in tho' date=' most likely drop Chamberlain and stick Cazorla on the wing, but then you lose the creativity in the middle from Santi.[/quote']

Would Wenger move Cazorla to the wing?

Would Wenger move Cazorla to the wing?

Shouldnt do as hes so influential in the center. But Wenger loves Diaby. If he wants Diaby to play then its either Wilshere or Arteta to drop, which imo both are just as important as Diaby.

It is good though as Wenger can probably rotate Wilshere, Diaby and Arterta each game and sub the other on after an hour (Until Diaby gets injured again :rolleyes:) :(

Shouldnt do as hes so influential in the center. But Wenger loves Diaby. If he wants Diaby to play then its either Wilshere or Arteta to drop' date=' which imo both are just as important as Diaby.

It is good though as Wenger can probably rotate Wilshere, Diaby and Arterta each game and sub the other on after an hour (Until Diaby gets injured again :rolleyes:) :([/quote']

I'm thinking Wenger would just keep Cazorla in the middle and Diaby on the bench. Someone would get injured soon enough anyways (Diaby, Wilshere?)

Highlight of the match: Aaron Ramsey didn't misplace a pass!

Credit to the lad, he looked really good when he came on and for the first time, I didn't swear at him through the TV.

Nearly set-up Giroud for his hat-trick as well with a wonderful cross. Looking for more of that from him.

Some Arsenal bloke was speaking outside the Emirates last month, when fans demanded Wenger out, saying he won't leave, they will just get a few more good wins and sugar coat the Wenger situation for a while again.

The ones who wanted Wenger out, do you feel the same way? Can he still redeem himself, or is it the case of one step forward two steps back with Wenger if you know what I mean?

Nice win btw lads, well done :)

Yeah looking forward to Diaby coming back. Resumes training this week if I read the paper properly the other day. Just trying to fit him in tho' date=' most likely drop Chamberlain and stick Cazorla on the wing, but then you lose the creativity in the middle from Santi.[/quote']

I doubt we'll ever see Cazorla on the wing.

With Rosicky back it'll be interesting to see what happens.

I agree rotation will be the way to go. Players will start to tire soon so Rosicky could give Santi a rest and I'd guess Jack stays while Arteta rotates with Diaby. Coq is also in that position, I'd happily see any combination of the quartet. Though I think Wilshere and Diaby sounds too good....Oh no I better change my pants.

Some Arsenal bloke was speaking outside the Emirates last month' date=' when fans demanded Wenger out, saying he won't leave, they will just get a few more good wins and sugar coat the Wenger situation for a while again.

The ones who wanted Wenger out, do you feel the same way? Can he still redeem himself, or is it the case of one step forward two steps back with Wenger if you know what I mean?

Nice win btw lads, well done :)[/quote']

For the record, I was on the fence, then went back to keep Wenger when I realised it was more poor form of players then Wenger's incompetence that caused the crisis. I do believe a new coach could improve us, but only if Wenger moves upstairs.

Some Arsenal bloke was speaking outside the Emirates last month' date=' when fans demanded Wenger out, saying he won't leave, they will just get a few more good wins and sugar coat the Wenger situation for a while again.

Nice win btw lads, well done :)[/quote']

I agree with that statement and with somebody else that we need Wenger in a different position at the club and let someone else have their go with managing, Wenger hasnt been great tactically this season but there are other problems in this club too, not just Wenger. It seems everyone behind the club has an attitude that top 4 is perfectly fine, we've forgotten how to win trophies, Im even questioning Wengers hunger for a trophy because he always talks about top 4 in interviews, even everyone on this forum talks about top 4 with us. I dont know if its the fact that Wenger is being stubborn and not wanting to spend or the club wont give him the money, but we need to adapt to how football is now, we need to spend, but 2 or 3 top top players and see how that goes. I mean Wenger has never said we dont have funds to spend, he never has said he is being restricted as far as I know. We have trophies in our history, we've been known to compete but cold facts are that we are 16 points off 1st place and that was totally preventable when you look at who we dropped points to.

I agree with that statement and with somebody else that we need Wenger in a different position at the club and let someone else have their go with managing' date=' [b']Wenger hasnt been great tactically[/b] this season but there are other problems in this club too, not just Wenger. It seems everyone behind the club has an attitude that top 4 is perfectly fine, we've forgotten how to win trophies, Im even questioning Wengers hunger for a trophy because he always talks about top 4 in interviews, even everyone on this forum talks about top 4 with us. I dont know if its the fact that Wenger is being stubborn and not wanting to spend or the club wont give him the money, but we need to adapt to how football is now, we need to spend, but 2 or 3 top top players and see how that goes. I mean Wenger has never said we dont have funds to spend, he never has said he is being restricted as far as I know. We have trophies in our history, we've been known to compete but cold facts are that we are 16 points off 1st place and that was totally preventable when you look at who we dropped points to.

(1) Agreed his tactical ability seems really poor. Highlighted in the game against Man U when Fergie read the game and took off a player to prevent him getting a second yellow and Wenger left Wilshere on who got sent off. I won't go further, so many poor decisions have been made or lack of making a decision.

(2) Agreed, The desire isn't there. It is possible the board have told him 4th place is all we need. If your boss tells you to do a job that's hard enough why kill your self to do more than they ask for?

(3)That isn't gonna happen, we've already done that with Cazorla, Podo and Giroud. Maybe if we recoup from the dead weight we could sign 1 or two more but tbh the squad is full in terms of numbers don't you think? Sell to buy IMO.

(4) Agreed again. We've been sloppy and at times unlucky. Lets hope we've turned a corner and can crack on from 4 consecutive wins. Chelsea have a game in hand and Spurs look solid and consistent it won't be easy to get above them. Be honest with yourself, we're more than 2 or three players behind City and Man United. Hope for the best but top 4 is a realistic aim for us.

For the record' date=' I was on the fence, then went back to keep Wenger when I realised it was more poor form of players then Wenger's incompetence that caused the crisis. I do believe a new coach could improve us, but only if Wenger moves [b']upstairs[/b].

Agreed, I've said a few posts ago that He's invaluable and Im sure everyone would be fine with him being a senior advisor.