Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Albeit against a tiring Newcastle side' date=' with Walcott and Giroud seemingly capably of scoring, do we buy another CF?

Is Walcott worth 100k a week considering he's scored 14 goals and assisted another handful?[/quote']

I dont want us to buy another CF, if we do buy one, Id actually prefer this one to be cheap because we have two capable CFs in Giroud. We only need another CF to keep our strikers competitive and also because many top teams have 3 or 4 strikers.

I think its irrelevant if its worth it for Walcott, what I will say though is he is scoring, he is winning us games so we need to make a statement, sign him and pay him 100k, we need to keep our players, we cant replace and try and get new players to adapt. This is where we change and start rewarding our players to keep em here.

I think its irrelevant if its worth it for Walcott' date=' what I will say though is he is scoring, he is winning us games so we need to make a statement, sign him and pay him 100k, we need to keep our players, we cant replace and try and get new players to adapt. This is where we change and start rewarding our players to keep em here.[/quote']

I agree that we need to sign him and make a statement. Also, his chemistry with both Giroud and Podolski shouldn't be undervalued. Several of Giroud's headers have come from great Walcott crosses, while Podolski seems to thrive in a pacy game with Walcott at CF.

I dont want us to buy another CF' date=' if we do buy one, Id actually prefer this one to be cheap because we have two capable CFs in Giroud. We only need another CF to keep our strikers competitive and also because many top teams have 3 or 4 strikers.

I think its irrelevant if its worth it for Walcott, what I will say though is he is scoring, he is winning us games so we need to make a statement, sign him and pay him 100k, we need to keep our players, we cant replace and try and get new players to adapt. This is where we change and start rewarding our players to keep em here.[/quote']

As I said before, Giroud is good enough. We don't need another Cf. I think we actually need a winger with arshavin going out and oxlade and podolski being so inconsistent. Perhaps Arda Turan? But doubt so lol.

As I said before' date=' Giroud is good enough. We don't need another Cf. I think we actually need a winger with arshavin going out and oxlade and podolski being so inconsistent. Perhaps Arda Turan? But doubt so lol.[/quote']

Quality player but i dout he will come here because he will be too expensive and his agent sounds greedy. He Wont be taking cazorlas spot either.

Quality player but i dout he will come here because he will be too expensive and his agent sounds greedy. He Wont be taking cazorlas spot either.

Yeah, not convinced about this deal, sounds more like a rumor but we will be silly not so sign a new winger.

Also, sign da ting Walcott!

Yeah' date=' not convinced about this deal, sounds more like a rumor but we will be silly not so sign a new winger.

Also, sign da ting Walcott![/quote']

Yeh, I wouldnt be happy if we get Arda as a winger though cause he can play there, maybe he might be the winger we are getting? He has technique and a good pass but he isnt blessed with pace.

Yeh' date=' I wouldnt be happy if we get Arda as a winger though cause he can play there, maybe he might be the winger we are getting? He has technique and a good pass but he isnt blessed with pace.[/quote']

Maybe rotation with Cazorla and Wilshere. Sometimes Cazorla hog the ball for too long when there are a few players open ahead of him but when Cazorla is on form, he is unplayable. Doubt Wenger will spend 20mil on a player who is going to compete with Cazorla. You are right, we should look at the player at the moment.

Yeh' date=' I wouldnt be happy if we get Arda as a winger though cause he can play there, maybe he might be the winger we are getting? He has technique and a good pass but he isnt blessed with pace.[/quote']

I doubt we will sign anyone this january. Only if Walcott leaves, we may get someone to replace him, and i think it will be Zaha.

P.S. -> Came across this good funny article, a must read.:P

http://invinciblog.com/?p=622

Who questioned you?

Can't remember off the top of my head but it wasn't long after the league cup game against Reading, maybe a couple games after when Walcott was at the start of this run, and people will wanted Giroud up there instead of him with Walcott out wide

If you let him go, then I'm sorry but yet again your club is being ridiculous

Credit to the lad' date=' he looked really good when he came on and for the first time, I didn't swear at him through the TV.

[b']Nearly set-up[/b] Giroud for his hat-trick as well with a wonderful cross. Looking for more of that from him.

To be fair, he did set up Giroud for the hat-trick, just that Giroud only nearly scored it. Got to give credit to Ramsey, he was great. Something is clicking in the team now. Maybe it's Henry. He arrived just recently and has at least had a word with Walcott, or so I understood.

Can't remember off the top of my head but it wasn't long after the league cup game against Reading' date=' maybe a couple games after when Walcott was at the start of this run, and people will wanted Giroud up there instead of him with Walcott out wide

If you let him go, then I'm sorry but yet again your club is being ridiculous[/quote']

Okay, I wanted to see their reasons, thats all and yeh we cant let him go.

Came across this article comparing Bale and Walcott http://hereisthecity.com/2012/12/30/whos-better-gareth-bale-or-theo-walcott/?

Funny that people are comparing Bale and Walcott now but I have to say Bale is currently better than Walcott. ;)

Different players for me. Walcott is showing he has the potential to be an out and out goalscorer, whilst Bale is adding goals to his game he'll never be a centre forward. I also think Bale is more technically gifted as a footballer but that shouldn't take away from Walcott's ability to find a lot of goals and assists.

I think they'll both go on to become great players.

Came across this article comparing Bale and Walcott http://hereisthecity.com/2012/12/30/whos-better-gareth-bale-or-theo-walcott/?

Funny that people are comparing Bale and Walcott now but I have to say Bale is currently better than Walcott. ;)

No offence intended however Bale is a far greater player than Walcott. Bale is a world class performer. One of very few players that would be able to get game time at any team in the world.

Walcott is a good player but he ain't world class like Bale. However this is my view before people jump down my throat lol ;)

When are you going to collapse? :(

I fear it will be the same old scenario where it's us v you lot and you pip us by a few points. Don't see anyone else coming near "us" from the chasing pack.

I've heard on the grapevine that Walcott will be following a certain Dutchman north... don't shoot the messenger though.

When are you going to collapse? :(

I fear it will be the same old scenario where it's us v you lot and you pip us by a few points. Don't see anyone else coming near "us" from the chasing pack.

I've heard on the grapevine that Walcott will be following a certain Dutchman north... don't shoot the messenger though.

Walcott is good but I think many would agree with what I said. Walcott is replaceable.

However, of course we wouldn't want to lose him as most fans love him at Arsenal. so, hope he stay. If he don't we will probably look for new winger/striker since we had Giroud already. I have the feeling we are going to bid Adrian Lopez.

Walcott is good but I think many would agree with what I said. Walcott is replaceable.

However' date=' of course we wouldn't want to lose him as most fans love him at Arsenal. so, hope he stay. If he don't we will probably look for new winger/striker since we had Giroud already. I have the feeling we are going to bid Adrian Lopez.[/quote']

Very easily replaceable IMO, only had a few good games in his career at Arsenal, its about time he started to play properly for them tbh.