Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

When he is fit he still has been first choice. However Per has had a solid season so far so he has been challenging for the spot as well.

Laurent has had an indifferent season' date=' inconsistent by his own standards so maybe the competition for place is a good thing.

He should be fit to start our next match however.[/quote']

That's not true. This season he's started 10 games and started 10 on the bench. If he was first choice then he'd be making more starts and starting less on the bench. Take Kompany for instance, who's first choice at City and has had a few injuries. He's started 20 PL games and been benched just once.

I think Mertesacker and Vermaelen started the season very well. You conceded just once in your first 4 with those as your CBs and looked very solid. Since then, Vermaelen's performances in particular have plummeted, a want-away Sagna has come in for a good Jenkinson and a woeful Santos started to get picked over a useful Gibbs.

In short, you were forced into a defence at the start of the season that wasn't meant to be first choice. They performed very well. Bigger name players recovered and went straight into the side and that momentum you'd built up disappeared. Injuries didn't help either in all fairness.

In other news, I can't believe you have Vermaelen as your best Arsenal player :eek: FWIW, mine would be Cazorla, Wilshere, Giroud, Walcott, Podolski.

• Replies 59k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

That's not true. This season he's started 10 games and started 10 on the bench. If he was first choice then he'd be making more starts and starting less on the bench. Take Kompany for instance' date=' who's first choice at City and has had a few injuries. He's started 20 PL games and been benched just once.

I think Mertesacker and Vermaelen started the season very well. You conceded just once in your first 4 with those as your CBs and looked very solid. Since then, Vermaelen's performances in particular have plummeted, a want-away Sagna has come in for a good Jenkinson and a woeful Santos started to get picked over a useful Gibbs.

In short, you were forced into a defence at the start of the season that wasn't meant to be first choice. They performed very well. Bigger name players recovered and went straight into the side and that momentum you'd built up disappeared. Injuries didn't help either in all fairness.

In other news, I can't believe you have Vermaelen as your best Arsenal player :eek: FWIW, mine would be Cazorla, Wilshere, Giroud, Walcott, Podolski.[/quote']

I said because of fitness as well Stuart which has played a huge part specially in the opening of the season. Fatigue, Inconsistency and other factors apply. I would still see him and Thomas as our first choice CB's.

Vermaelen is without a doubt one of our best players. Form is not very good however on his day he is our best player. From seeing him with my own eyes for years I know how well he can play.

Its such a shame that some people can't see form as something temporary and class as permanent. TV was our rock last year and recently he has been great. No where near enough credit for what he has done for this club.

I do think he is replaceable however, I also believe that Wilshere should become our new captain in time.

Once again though my views, from someone who has followed this club home and away for years.

That's the only part of the comic that gave even a distant hint of being funny' date=' yet its lack of connection to the rest of the "comic" undermines any potential humour. People should learn when a "joke" is not worth telling.[/quote']

FC Barsenal is a Facebook group of Barcelona+Arsenal fans, its just there to show they made the comic.

I think you posted this in the wrong thread mate. This is the Arsenal Thread' date=' the Spurs one is a few threads below us...[/quote']
I don't get it Rugger....

Surely you would want Rory Delap if you want to throw/toss something?

Arsenal Top 10

Pod

Wils

Caz

Wal

Scz

Gir

Verm

Art

Monr

Ox

Wheeyyyyyyyyy nice guys :D

Arsenal have taken Indio a Brazilian u18 international on trial from Vasco Da Gama.

Apparently the scouts are very impressed with him will try to find the story.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2013/02/10/3742272/arsenal-hand-trial-to-vasco-da-gama-youngster-indio

apologies if anyone has already posted this.

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/nike-arsenal-yellow-away_18080

Don't think it'll be it' date=' but what do you guys think?[/quote']

Nothing new there??

Same old Arsenal, wishing they were BVB..... lol:D:D:D

just kidding comrades, the board demands dividends and not champions league trophies!!

In with Kroenke out with Usmanov!!

In al seriousness, it's a great away t-shirt, although their purple jerseys have been quite sufficient enough.

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/nike-arsenal-yellow-away_18080

Don't think it'll be it' date=' but what do you guys think?[/quote']

Doesnt look like an official football shirt. Theres a labal on the inside collar which ive never seen on a football shirt, more like a polo shirt or a normal t-shirt.

Either way its not a very nice top lol.

Oh bloody hell!

Think I may fly out to Brazil and hype up Santos to Gremio,hopefully they keep him.

Something along the lines of...

Santos is so good and Arsenal are so generous you can have him for free. Just take him now while we feel generous as this is the deal of the century....

Should do the trick ;)

Wanyama???

We had our scouts out watching him again yesterday' date=' that's three times we have watched him now in under a month.[/quote']

Hopefully they have seen enough not to waste money on him. If you get him for a £1M-£2M, fair enough, but right now the Celtic players' prices are heavily inflated and it's best to avoid that market.

Wanyama???

We had our scouts out watching him again yesterday' date=' that's three times we have watched him now in under a month.[/quote']

Can't see Arsene Wenger breaking Arsenal's transfer record on him, they want £20 million for him which he's clearly not worth. Good player, but Celtic aren't going to sell their top players unless they get very good money for them. I'm sure if your scouts are watching Celtic, there are a number of other players they could be looking at like Matthews, Forrest, Hooper or Forster.