Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

OB-k8Agb-jo

The one time I've been inside the Emirates. Blimey' date=' that night it felt like Arsenal fans came to the funeral, 9000 odd of us made all the noise[/quote']

hahahahahha. Arsenal fans must have been sleeping with the faires or thinking about a future champions league game to worry about haha. :D:D

Thats one of the videos I got. Im not sure how to get the video on the forum so just use the link. The quality isnt great though

Great seats tho :D

Superb, Der Deutsch have a tendancy to have der beste supporten in der welt and this video proves it.

They make great atmospheres, and i can see in that video a lot of Arsenal fans were just happy to witness Bayern fans in town haha.

I remember a Schalke friend of mine who went earlier in the season when they thrashed Arsenal, that they made a heck of a roar outside Die Emirates before they even got in.

Deutschland - the place where the beste football fans in der welt live haha. :P:)B):cool:B)

Arsenal FC 2013/14

Manager - Der Commander

Managing technique - Dictatorship

Managing style - Relentless Deutsch style attack of the opposition goal, not silly tippy tappy hispanic style.

XI:

Szcezna

Adam Matthews Kurt Zouma Ecuela Manga Kieron Gibbs

Oxlade Chamberlain Wilshere© Strootman Franck Tabanou

Walcott Giroud

Subs:

Ali Ahamada, Jenkinson, Koscielny, Diaby, Santi, Poldi , Marco Streller

GK Coach - Seaman

Wing back coach - Lee Dixon

CB coach - Tony Adams

Midfield coaches - Overmars & Viera

Attacking coaches - Alan Smith, Thierry Henry, Bergkamp.

P.S. Doctor - current Female Chelsea doctor (transfers to Arsenal haha)

I would win infinite championships as an Arsenal manager wery wery easily. I would go down as an all time great within 2 years, winning back-back champions league titles.

Does any Arsenal fan like that 19 man squad to domineer British football with crazy Der Commander in charge?? ;)B):cool::D

Marco Streller' date=' I would go for somebody younger comrade!
:P[/center']

mehh, i tried to think of an affordable experienced CF, that is not in Der Bundesliga or La liga which Arsenal won't be able to pursuade to get, so i thought, why not the most deadliest finisher in Switzlerland!!!

The guy is a Swizz Dimitri Berbatov, with great touch, great finishing, good vision, great header, great experience and the know how to see games out after 70 mins - something Arsenal cannot do haha.

Overall it's a team that would have W-D-L 24-12-2 wery wery easily, losing only to Liverpool and Stoke away from home and domineering everyone else with 84 points, 8 points ahead of Manchester United.

I could win league titles with my eyes closed, wondering around in Der Commanders Matrix Dreamland universe.

hahaha with SM as my chief scout and negotiator for future players hahahaha.:D:D:D

Just going to write a wee thing, then sit back and watch as I get mocked for it

:D

No one can dispute what Wenger has done for the club, He's a great manager, a true legend, but every saga must end at one point or another.

while he's achieved some great things with Arsenal over the years, the past is still the past ... It's the present one needs to focus on, and ofcourse, in football, the future is also something that is needed to take into consideration.

He's been a great manager, still is in some ways. But you have to ask yourself, do you see Wenger for the manager he IS, or the manager that he WAS?

Because while he's guided you to trophies and glory, he's "faded" in latter years, Wenger now and Wenger then is not the same person.

So while he's a "legend" within the club, he may not be the best option to have as a manager for Arsenal at this point. No one person can take full blame for a teams decline (Unless you're a complete tool) The blame for a loss must be equally divided between players and managers for a loss ... a manager is blamed for who he picked for the team while the players he picked must take some of the blame for not performing when getting the chance.

So, those of you that are defending Wenger, are you doing so for what he's done or for what you hope will happen, because if something isn't done soon ... you'll decline even further.

and those who are pointing fingers at Wenger and constantly blaming him and him alone, why so? He's responsible for picking the team that is fielded, but should not the players that are given the chance be able to perform? Not all blame can be laid upon a single person ...

The End

*Feel free to mock as you want, just felt the need to write a bit*

The End

*Feel free to mock as you want' date=' just felt the need to write a bit*[/center']

I would never mock a fair statement like that.

It really is such a hard thing to say from an Arsenal fans point of view. I still feel he is the right man for the job. He loves this club to bits and you can see that. However results are failing us and things do need to change.

I hope we can solve this throughout sales of dead wood and bring in some new players rather than a new manager. However that may just be me.

I would never mock a fair statement like that.

It really is such a hard thing to say from an Arsenal fans point of view. I still feel he is the right man for the job. He loves this club to bits and you can see that. However results are failing us and things do need to change.

I hope we can solve this throughout sales of dead wood and bring in some new players rather than a new manager. However that may just be me.

Getting rid of deadwood has to happen with or without a new manager. The tricky thing is that getting rid of your deadwood will be incredibly difficult. The players aren't good enough to play for clubs who will match (or get anywhere near to) their current wages and the teams that they might be useful for can't afford them. I think you'll have to be resigned to them running down their contracts out on loan with you paying a big chunk of their wages. The most important thing is that you don't bring in any more deadwood.

Getting rid of deadwood has to happen with or without a new manager. The tricky thing is that getting rid of your deadwood will be incredibly difficult. The players aren't good enough to play for clubs who will match (or get anywhere near to) their current wages and the teams that they might be useful for can't afford them. I think you'll have to be resigned to them running down their contracts out on loan with you paying a big chunk of their wages. The most important thing is that you don't bring in any more deadwood.

True however it wasn't like the current deadwood was known as deadwood when we got them.

A lot of these players came with a good rep or had a good season or few for their last clubs.

Sadly they turned into deadwood. This happens at every single club. The only difference with us is that these deadwood players are earning as much if not more than some of our better players. Which makes you questions the board for having a wage cap but then ruining that by over paying useless players.

True however it wasn't like the current deadwood was known as deadwood when we got them.

A lot of these players came with a good rep or had a good season or few for their last clubs.

Sadly they turned into deadwood. This happens at every single club. The only difference with us is that these deadwood players are earning as much if not more than some of our better players. Which makes you questions the board for having a wage cap but then ruining that by over paying useless players.

Squillaci? Park?

Point stands that they're going to be incredibly hard to shift.

Squillaci? Park?

Point stands that they're going to be incredibly hard to shift.

Park was a leading scorer for a few years in a row. Had a great rep in Asia and brought in new fans to the club. Clever move from the board.

Squilaci is a fail now however he did represent his National team for 9 years, got to a CL final won the UEFA Cup. Once again he didn't work out for us though.

The actual problem is that rotting on bench or in the reserves kills their form completely even if they had been good players before benched. And for that reason nobody is interested in them, though many of them were still undeniably good players when joining Arsenal. Bordeaux had similar problems post-Blanc era, having a huge amount of basically good players who had played very little or not at all, since Blanc had a very strongly fixed starting XI.

What they did was that they actually sold even the first XI players and made some room for the players nobody was interested in. In a little time, they turned good again. Does not of course work with every player, but Arsenal certainly has some players who can turn good again when given the chance to play regularly. I'd take Chamakh from the top of the list, Arshavin is another one who played extremely well in Russia - and for Russia. Park has not even been tried for Arsenal, it is impossible to say what is his current ability or whether he had been able to do it in EPL. That deal still is a mystery to me. Squillaci, fair to say that he has seen his day, but had he been sold after the first season, he could still have had a career somewhere. Not sure if Arsenal can do exactly that, but what they should do is to loan all that dead wood out and see if some of them could stay in the clubs they were loaned at - even give them there for free, just to get rid of their salary.

Awful match last night. None of the goals should have happened, all were clearly faults of the GK. Goals in order: Szczcessny conceded an easy shot, then fumbled the ball trying to catch it (yeah, if you can't catch it, box it and don't drop it to your line, and if you drop it, jump on it and don't fall on your freaking butt!), Neuer went to get the ball.... not, Szczcesszny undecisive of what to do, decided to just dodge the ball and then go to get it from the net. Extremely bad finishing last night (from everybody) was only topped by the awful goalkeeping. Not much fun to watch that kind of goals, and quality scoring chances were few anyway, so quite rubbish match and should have been 0-0, which would have been very good for you lot, but the GK's decided otherwise.

My ratings:

Müller 7 (bit lucky, but effective), everybody else 6 (bland but fair performance from pretty much every player, nobody made the difference), except Neuer 3 (for that one ridiculous error, yes, because come on!) and Szczccessny -10. I can't believe some people here think Szcczeszcny is a world class GK, only the lousy finishing of Bayern forwards kept him from not conceding 5.

Szczccessny -10.

He had a few faults however some of these goals shouldn't of even happened had Arteta and Vermaelen done their roles right.

The third goal was pure unlcuky for Sezza he stood no chance of gettiing that as Sagna took him out.

First goal he could and maybe should of saved it but it was a very pacey shot which he saw at last minute.

Second goal was of course his fault. However not one player even made a challenge and once again Arteta never picked up Muller once the ball was in the air.

So you can't pin this on Sezza, to me Arteta and TV cost us two of the three goals last night.

Park was a leading scorer for a few years in a row. Had a great rep in Asia and brought in new fans to the club. Clever move from the board.

Squilaci is a fail now however he did represent his National team for 9 years' date=' got to a CL final won the UEFA Cup. Once again he didn't work out for us though.[/quote']

Not a clever move from the board at all, you tried to bring in the Asian market, but people weren't going to buy many Park CY shirts and go to watch Arsenal when he wasn't going to get played.

I know that Koreans who know follow the Swans very closely, and contribute a large amount of money to the club in terms of merchandise and tickets hate Arsenal for what they did to Park CY in order to try and gain money. That's not a good thing for the club.

not a clever move from the board at all' date=' you tried to bring in the asian market, but people weren't going to buy many park cy shirts and go to watch arsenal when he wasn't going to get played.

I know that koreans who know follow the swans very closely, and contribute a large amount of money to the club in terms of merchandise and tickets hate arsenal for what they did to park cy in order to try and gain money. That's not a good thing for the club.[/quote']

this is der commander... You know nothing! Park is 95+ material and he could play for barcelona, it is just arsene's fault for not playing him!

Go buy him comrade!

He had a few faults however some of these goals shouldn't of even happened had Arteta and Vermaelen done their roles right.

The third goal was pure unlcuky for Sezza he stood no chance of gettiing that as Sagna took him out.

First goal he could and maybe should of saved it but it was a very pacey shot which he saw at last minute.

Second goal was of course his fault. However not one player even made a challenge and once again Arteta never picked up Muller once the ball was in the air.

So you can't pin this on Sezza' date=' to me Arteta and TV cost us two of the three goals last night.[/quote']

I give you that the first goal was not precisely GK's error. All I meant was that it was doable and a world class GK would most likely have made a nice reflex save and beaten the ball off the box. The others were his errors, no matter how many other errors there were (not so much Vermaelen and Sagna though, rather Arteta-Ramsey), he should have taken them. And in third, I don't understand what on earth do you mean. Nobody forced him to dive before the shot leaving his goal empty. he absolutely did have chances to do something else and had good chances to save that situation. not that it wasn't screwed already, but due to Sagna's pressing Mandzukic failed to get a decent shot and it was easily savable. I'm still amazed some people think Szczcsezssny is world class for just handful of top level matches that he has played. He played a bunch of top matches, but has played at least twice as many in which he has been mediocre or outright lousy. And he cost you 3 goals last night. In fact, wasn't it because of Bayern's players reluctance to find the target, he would have easily cost you 5 goals.

I give you that the first goal was not precisely GK's error. All I meant was that it was doable and a world class GK would most likely have made a nice reflex save and beaten the ball off the box. The others were his errors' date=' no matter how many other errors there were (not so much Vermaelen and Sagna though, rather Arteta-Ramsey), he should have taken them. And in third, I don't understand what on earth do you mean. Nobody forced him to dive before the shot leaving his goal empty. he absolutely did have chances to do something else and had good chances to save that situation. not that it wasn't screwed already, but due to Sagna's pressing Mandzukic failed to get a decent shot and it was easily savable. I'm still amazed some people think Szczcsezssny is world class for just handful of top level matches that he has played. He played a bunch of top matches, but has played at least twice as many in which he has been mediocre or outright lousy. And he cost you 3 goals last night. In fact, wasn't it because of Bayern's players reluctance to find the target, he would have easily cost you 5 goals.[/quote']

If you watch the first goal as soon as he knew about the shot he moved towards, he was just out of reach, he did well to get as close to it as he did, should of been a block on it anyway, 0% Szczesnys fault.

Second goal, good first save from a powerful header, no Arsenal player reacted whilst Szczesny was still recovering from the first save, 0% Szczesnys fault.

Didn't see the third goal.

I give you that the first goal was not precisely GK's error. All I meant was that it was doable and a world class GK would most likely have made a nice reflex save and beaten the ball off the box. The others were his errors' date=' no matter how many other errors there were (not so much Vermaelen and Sagna though, rather Arteta-Ramsey), he should have taken them. And in third, I don't understand what on earth do you mean. Nobody forced him to dive before the shot leaving his goal empty. he absolutely did have chances to do something else and had good chances to save that situation. not that it wasn't screwed already, but due to Sagna's pressing Mandzukic failed to get a decent shot and it was easily savable. I'm still amazed some people think Szczcsezssny is world class for just handful of top level matches that he has played. He played a bunch of top matches, but has played at least twice as many in which he has been mediocre or outright lousy. And he cost you 3 goals last night. In fact, wasn't it because of Bayern's players reluctance to find the target, he would have easily cost you 5 goals.[/quote']

Not being rude as I post these quick points just in a rush as doing my balance at work.

1. I didn't say Sezza was world class, I have said he can become world class.

2. We agree on goal no.1

3. Watch goal no.2 again and focus on Arteta and Muller, then you will see what I mean by it's Arteta's fault.

4. Sagna took out Sezza whilst trying to get a touch on the ball from the cross, maybe Sezza could have delayed his dive however he had every right to pounce for the ball there. Plus when Sezza got up Sagna was still blocking him. Not either of their faults though. It was down to TV for leaving a huge space for Robben to pass to Lahm. Which led to the cross/goal.

Not being rude at all if it comes across just wrote this in 2 mins so sorry for spelling and punctuation.

Glad that comrade got banned' date=' he was very annoying. Shame he will likely be back soon :([/quote']

Why i quite liked him.

So many people on this forum toe the lets write whats PC correct party line and say what they think others will like, at least he had his own opinions and tried (give you the word "tried" being the main objective)to substantiate them

Fair enough he was as potty as a fruitcake but IMO he did add to the forum all be it in a slightly weird and unexplainable way. :P

Why i quite liked him.

So many people on this forum toe the lets write whats PC correct party line and say what they think others will like' date=' at least he had his own opinions and tried (give you the word "tried" being the main objective)to substantiate them

Fair enough he was as potty as a fruitcake but IMO he did add to the forum all be it in a slightly weird and unexplainable way. :P[/quote']

And remember, all german players got 99 sm-rating potential

Glad that comrade got banned' date=' he was very annoying. Shame he will likely be back soon :([/quote']

Hope he's back soon as he does at least offer some respite.

As regards to Arsenal defensive issues I think that this article pretty much nails it-they make a defensive error every 71 mins

Arsenal’s defensive errors are clearly costing them this season. The fact that Ramsey, Sagna and Vermaelen have made 14 errors between them is a concern and must be addressed. In truth Vermaelen is probably the clubs third best centre-back, whilst Sagna may not be at the club long term. Despite the errors, there do appear to be wider problems with Arsenal’s defensive tactics.

The lack of defensive cover on the flanks can leave the side exposed, which has cost the club at times. Stronger individual defenders might make a difference but a shift in tactics might also be required, possibly with making the full-backs tighter to the centre-backs.

http://thinkfootball.co.uk/archives/8363