Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Arsenal Gossip

just for the record aswell in no way am i saying Arsenal aitn good or there youngsters they have a good "potential" which doesnt always turn out

I love watching Henry and i think Wenger is the best manager in the EPL, i was just debating Pro_evo's post when he said they will make the rest of us look like monkeys... funny but totaly over the top and untrue which is what i was debating

If i didnt like or wasnt interested in Arsenal i wouldnt be on here, if i was on here just to wind people up i would also be on the other teams threads which i am not.. never have been

• Replies 59k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

I dont want to turn this into Arsenal vs Liverpool, but u accuse us of blaming things for Arsenals poor results but that is what you r also doin. I.E blaming dudek who might i add won you the Champions league final last 2 seasons ago ! Yes you beat us 4.1 at home deservedly arsenal played poorly, but that is only thanks to Crouch who might i add isnt a the greatest of talents.

You named all those midfliders and true Neller they have talent but who out of that lot had Fabrigas's talent at 18/19 years of age ? You mention Ribery, a very good player from what i saw at the world cup. So how do you think him and fabregas are going to play at arsenal if and when he is signed by wenger, seeing as he is a transfer target. ?

And i also belive what TH14 said. These youths did manage to beat Liverpool (sorry for using the as example again) at anfield 6.3 if this didnt show quality to win the pl but we didnt like Th14 said, and we do need only a few experianced players to come in. This is why we are tracking michael Owen, Eto'o etc.

And with the Alumina thing look at how good he is, not the greatest of keepers and he still managed to perform.

We dont want to turn this into an Arsenal vs this team debate but i cant understand how you can say these youths will not be able to dominate if the future, some of these players are better then older team players in the premiership. i.e VAN P look at his form untill he got inujured certinaly better then many forward who are older i.e berbatov, sheva (at chelsea). Look at clichy he is filling in Cole's job perfectly fine, (his rating should go up on this game) and of course fabrigas look how he has filled in for Viera very very good, didnt his goal knock out Juve on the Semi or quater finals in the CL last season. True we should have kept Viera for a few more years but Fabrigas is doing just fine. I just dont understand how you can say these youth wont win this or that ? :confused:

I dont want to turn this into Arsenal vs Liverpool' date=' but u accuse us of blaming things for Arsenals poor results but that is what you r also doin. I.E blaming dudek who might i add won you the Champions league final last 2 seasons ago ! Yes you beat us 4.1 at home deservedly arsenal

played poorly, but that is only thanks to Crouch who might i add isnt a the greatest of talents.

You named all those midfliders and true Neller they have talent but who out of that lot had Fabrigas's talent at 18/19 years of age ? You mention Ribery, a very good player from what i saw at the world cup. So how do you think him and fabregas are going to play at arsenal if and when he is signed by wenger, seeing as he is a transfer target. ?

And i also belive what TH14 said. These youths did manage to beat Liverpool (sorry for using the as example again) at anfield 6.3 if this didnt show quality to win the pl but we didnt like Th14 said, and we do need only a few experianced players to come in. This is why we are tracking michael Owen, Eto'o etc.

And with the Alumina thing look at how good he is, not the greatest of keepers and he still managed to perform.

We dont want to turn this into an Arsenal vs this team debate but i cant understand how you can say these youths will not be able to dominate if the future, some of these players are better then older team players in the premiership. i.e VAN P look at his form untill he got inujured certinaly better then many forward who are older i.e berbatov, sheva (at chelsea). Look at clichy he is filling in Cole's job perfectly fine, (his rating should go up on this game) and of course fabrigas look how he has filled in for Viera very very good, didnt his goal knock out Juve on the Semi or quater finals in the CL last season. True we should have kept Viera for a few more years but Fabrigas is doing just fine. I just dont understand how you can say these youth wont win this or that ? :confused:[/quote']

that's an assumption that ribery is going to arsenal. you say when it happens .. you have a link for this..? at the moment bayern are front runners but as i said to danny on MSN recently nothing is certain with ribery. though it can be foolish to make assumptions..

you think you'll get eto'o before teams like man utd and liverpool with the financial backing they now have..?

you don't understand about the youth argument??

it's simple really.. you can say all you like about how all the arsenal youth's are going to develop but you're missing the point...

do you think that all the other EPL teams will just be standing still while this is happening? hasn't it occured to you that chelsea, man utd and liverpool to name the big three will also be improving their team and their squad...

I dont want to turn this into Arsenal vs Liverpool' date=' but u accuse us of blaming things for Arsenals poor results but that is what you r also doin. I.E blaming dudek who might i add won you the Champions league final last 2 seasons ago ! Yes you beat us 4.1 at home deservedly arsenal played poorly, but that is only thanks to Crouch who might i add isnt a the greatest of talents.

We dont want to turn this into an Arsenal vs this team debate but i cant understand how you can say these youths will not be able to dominate if the future, some of these players are better then older team players in the premiership. i.e VAN P look at his form untill he got inujured certinaly better then many forward who are older i.e berbatov, sheva (at chelsea). Look at clichy he is filling in Cole's job perfectly fine, (his rating should go up on this game) and of course fabrigas look how he has filled in for Viera very very good, didnt his goal knock out Juve on the Semi or quater finals in the CL last season. True we should have kept Viera for a few more years but Fabrigas is doing just fine. I just dont understand how you can say these youth wont win this or that ? :confused:[/quote']

I no what you are saying but im just not getting my point accross properly.

You beat us 6-3 at Anfield.. amazing result but like you said Arsenal were poor at Anfield when we won 4-1, we were also poor that night probably the worst weve been all season.

but putting that result aside what im saying is if these youngsters do forfill there potential then Arsenal will have an amazing side yes.

But Arsenal also had an amazing side a few seasons back when Pires, Henry, Vieira, Bergkamp etc etc were all playing in there prime.

But they still never DOminated the EPL, they won it and also had that amazing season but they never dominated it.

and they never even won the CL at all, what im saying is you can have all the amazing players you like but you cant just dominate things as easy as that.

Nobody can be silly enough to say these youths will become better then Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira etc because that just doesnt happen very often. they have tallent yes but they have miles and miles to go before they are world class.

But even if they do come on like wneger wants them to, Man Utd have loads of amazing players all who are pretty young and in a few years will be in there prime, same with Chelsea and Liverpool are hardly going downhill and we have a young team aswell.

Lets use your Fabrigas Example, some of the best CM's currently playing are very young anyways, Alonso, Kaka, Gerrard, Iniesta, etc etc.. so even tho Fabrigas might be a little younger what difference is that going to make? the other players will his there prime before him, so Fabrigas has some wayt o go yet.

ok i'm sorry ture mayb i shouldnt of sed the will make those teams look like monkeys but hey it was funny lol. And common the could certinaly give them a good run for thier money ( lol c ronaldo) ;)

lol its cool, was a good lil debate unlike most stuff on here nowadays, (no names mentioned) .

hmm, did i say that arsenal will dominate the EPL? REPEATLY, i said that arsenal need some old heads and experienced goalscorer.......

i am using Arsenal vs Liverpool as an example to show that we hav the quality....not any others...

BUT arsenal DO dominate the EPL when they got 49 unbeaten runs

ok if you say so. Lol this is so pointless no1 is going to give in so for my last point. True we had great players Bergkamp, Viera, Etc absolutley wondeful talents, and you said this side never dominated but wasnt this the side who went a WHOLE season undefeated and took the record off Nottingham forest. Now i kno that is a lot to live up to for our youths, and you agreed by saying they will be an amazing side IF they fullfill their potential. But this is Arsene Wenger we are talking about and like you said in one of your earlier post he is probably the best manager in the Preimership or wotever, now how many times has this man made the right desicions compared to wrong desicions, if look at the facts the right choices out way the wrong ones. I can only remember 2 bad desicions, 1 flamini and to almunia. And i love the fact after 10 great success filled years at Arsenal people can start calling for his sack after 2 bad seasons. Shows how loyal people really are.

And ture Neller, Liverpool, Man u etc will be adding youth and strength to their side once Arsenals youth are at their best, but can these managers really surpass Arsene Wenger at spotting great young talent? As well as the strong chance of an Arsenal takeover there comes the opertunity for money to buy as wenger but it "super super class players".

And to fraser about the transfers ture nothing it done and dusted as far as gaining these players, but you say teams with more fund will overcome Arsenal, I'll take Eto'o for example now liverpool may have the cash and he may have said he likes Liverpool, but isnt he the player who is desperatly trying to persuade Henry to go to Barcelona? Isnt he the player who sed how he would love to play with Henry, that he admires Arsenal and he thinks that Arsene Wenger is a superb manager who he'd love to play under? Also

recently asked who did he think were the best 3 strikers in the world didnt me reply with '' Thierry Henry, Thierry Henry and Thierry Henry “? Add to that the fact he's had a very public falling out with Ronaldinho and his manager. Dosent this leave for the perfect conditons for Arsenal to sign him?

:)

BUT arsenal DO dominate the EPL when they got 49 unbeaten runs

Only 1 amazing season, Domination is were you win it season after season, like Liverpool in the 80's and Man Utd in the 90's.

The key to total domination is winning Europe along with it, something Arsenal and Man Utd have never managed.

Im not saying Arsenal will not win the league every single season as i cannot see into the future, but as Fraser said in his post the other teams are not going to sit and watch it, over the years football has always been the same one team takes over for a couple season like Liverpool did, then Man Utd did, then Arsenal did, then Chelsea etc etc.

I just dont see how these youngsters are going to be better than the superstars of today ala Henry, etc etc.

so if the likes of Henry and co cannot dominate the EPL and definatly not europe then how will these youngsters who in all fairness have ALOT to prove, getting to the league cup final is no achievment really (still good) but nothing to say they are world beaters, as i said just look at the crappy liverpool team that go to the final a few seasons ago...

But the truth is in a way this is a pointless debate as none of us can be proved right untill a few years time when this Arsenal crop is ready

ok if you say so. Lol this is so pointless no1 is going to give in so for my last point. True we had great players Bergkamp' date=' Viera, Etc absolutley wondeful talents, and you said this side never dominated but wasnt this the side who went a WHOLE season undefeated and took the record off Nottingham forest. Now i kno that is a lot to live up to for our youths, and you agreed by saying they will be an amazing side IF they fullfill their potential. But this is Arsene Wenger we are talking about and like you said in one of your earlier post he is probably the best manager in the Preimership or wotever, now how many times has this man made the right desicions compared to wrong desicions, if look at the facts the right choices out way the wrong ones. I can only remember 2 bad desicions, 1 flamini and to almunia. And i love the fact after 10 great success filled years at Arsenal people can start calling for his sack after 2 bad seasons. Shows how loyal people really are.

And ture Neller, Liverpool, Man u etc will be adding youth and strength to their side once Arsenals youth are at their best, but can these managers really surpass Arsene Wenger at spotting great young talent? As well as the strong chance of an Arsenal takeover there comes the opertunity for money to buy as wenger but it "super super class players".[/quote']

Yeah once again Arsenal had an amazing season but its not like they did that season after season is it.

they still never won the CL though and thats with there best if not best side there ever going to get, nobody can say these youngsters will get better than that bunch which is the point i keep trying to make although its just not going through.

the way this all started was that once these guys mature bascily no one else has a chance, and that was the comment i said was "stupid" because football here has never been like that, never will be like that.

If you think these youngsters will become miles better players than Vieira, Henry, Bergkamp, Pires, Campbell etc etc then yes they might have a chance, but like i said those guys still didnt dominate the prem (i already said what i mean by domination) and they never won the CL once.

Partially true neller. But i kno that you cant help thinking in the back of your mind that they can do it. True they havent achieved much but there no denying the talent and potental there !

What Arsenal really need to go along with the youngsters is

1. A goalscoring central midfielder.

2. A physical presence beyond Campbell.

3. A replacement for Begkamp.

4. A genuine winger to take over from Pires and Ljungberg.

5. An Injury free season (not making excuses)

Partially true neller. But i kno that you cant help thinking in the back of your mind that they can do it. True they havent achieved much but there no denying the talent and potental there !

I totaly agree the potential is there, its just sooo many things can go wrong in football as it has done loads of times.

finding a replacement for Bergy might prove tricky tho hes some player loved watching him, RVP looks good but has a way to go yet.

I think one of the main things that made Arsenal so great was infact the wingers they chipped in with soooo many goals. and Arsenal seemed to have missed that the last few seasons.

I reckon Arsenal will be a force again very soon but i just dont think they will dominate the EPL or the CL, i dont think anybody will.

and i totaly no what you mean about injuries, we struggle with them alot one season we had like 3 broken legs (carra, Alonso, Cisse) Gerrard always seemed to be injured at that time aswell, i used to say to my mates then what would Arsenal be like (as you was top) if henry and co were injured.

injuries to key players makes it hard to win the EPL, take just Ronaldo away from Man Utd this season and Chelsea would have won the league.

Take Ronaldo away from Man Utd and Drogba away from Chelsea and even Liverpool and Arsenal would have been in there

lol finally u agree with me. lol

We desperatly need a winger, Hleb and rosicky are great players but they are CM and fabregas and gilberto play there. Unless we offload Gilberto to AC Milan as they are highly interested but that would be a bad mistake because he is experianced. And if bloody Reyes hadn't been such a prat he would have been perfect.

But true Arsenal will be good soon (hopefully)

One reason (and i'm not trying to make excuses) why we havent performed well is, as well as the lack of experianced players, this youth team are all fairly new players and havent got the belief the other team had. I.E Viera, bergkamp, Pires etc. Look back to the 2004/2005 season and the belief the team had. It was amazing to see how the team gelled and believed they could achieve anything almost to the point of being unbeatable except in the CL. lol its always the stupid CL

lol finally u agree with me. lol

We desperatly need a winger' date=' Hleb and rosicky are great players but they are CM and fabregas and gilberto play there. Unless we offload Gilberto to AC Milan as they are highly interested but that would be a bad mistake because he is experianced. And if bloody Reyes hadn't been such a prat he would have been perfect.

But true Arsenal will be good soon (hopefully)

One reason (and i'm not trying to make excuses) why we havent performed well is, as well as the lack of experianced players, this youth team are all fairly new players and havent got the belief the other team had. I.E Viera, bergkamp, Pires etc. Look back to the 2004/2005 season and the belief the team had. It was amazing to see how the team gelled and believed they could achieve anything almost to the point of being unbeatable except in the CL. lol its always the stupid CL[/quote']

That season when Arsenal went unbeaten is probably the best side and football the premiership has seen IMO.

I actually thought then Arsenal were going to "dominate" for a longgg time but it just never happened for numerous reasons.

even the following season i think they won like there 1st 10 games or something and Henry + reyes were on fire, but that was mourinos 1st season and the second Arsenal had a slip up Chelsea were in there, and with Chelsea having an amazing season (different football) to arsenals but got the wins never the less.

When Liverool cant win the league (very often) Arsenal are the next team i start chearing on but hasnt been the case last couple seasons because when we have been out of it so have Arsenal lol.

Hate Man Utd and Chelsea, but Hate Chelsea alot more so wanted Utd to win it this season.

I still reckon Liverpool will win it next season but ive thought that for the last 15 years so ill keep on wishing :)

yeah totally agree :D...

1=Appiah?

2=Senderos in a few years?

3=Van Persie imo.

4=Ribery?

5=hopefully lol not very likely :( I think we need to keep Henry,Van Persie,Rosicky,Toure,Gallas and Clichy fit unless Traore becomes amazingly good over night lol :)

I'll take Eto'o for example now liverpool may have the cash and he may have said he likes Liverpool' date=' but isnt he the player who is desperatly trying to persuade Henry to go to Barcelona? Isnt he the player who sed how he would love to play with Henry, that he admires Arsenal and he thinks that Arsene Wenger is a superb manager who he'd love to play under? [/quote']

do you have any links for any of these things eto'o has said??

it's very easy to type anything down you know... ;)

what i do know is eto'o said he really likes liverpool. oh and by the way, here's a link to prove it.. ;)

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=468800&CPID=8&clid=14&lid=10&title=Eto'o+admits+Liverpool+liking

yeah totally agree

1=Appiah?

2=Senderos in a few years?

3=Van Persie imo.

4=Ribery?

5=hopefully lol not very likely :( I think we need to keep Henry' date='Van Persie,Rosicky,Toure,Gallas and Clichy fit unless Traore becomes amazingly good over night lol :)[/quote']

appiah a goal scoring CM?

i dont know where you guys get this from... :rolleyes:

51 int caps = 2 goals

48 serie a app for juve = 3 goals

26 app for fenerbahce in turkish league this season = 3 goals

man, this guy really knows where the net is..

he's a great player danny but i don't think he'd be described as a goal scoring CM :)

I can prove Eto'o wants Henry to come-

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/24052007/4/eto-o-dreams-henry-capture.html

and I can also reveal this-

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/18052007/1/unhappy-henry-alerts-barcelona.html

But you lot' date=' enough talk about Liverpool.. This thread is for Arsenal gossip.[/quote']

yes i understand that eto'o wants henry to go to barca but i don't get how that translates into eto'o wants to go to arsenal, which after all, is arsenal transfer gossip..