• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Make it out like the rest of us don't.

Point was our academy has produced England internationals over the years and long may that continue. That rather than helping other nations by producing their talent for them

Didn't know community service was called a job :P.

Your club may make these so called stars, but none of them are any good.

Lets compare Ashley Cole to all the players you listed....

Single handily he has more caps for his country than all of them put together, most probs even double the amount, if not triple.

Well done for making average at best players, hence why your low down in the league table.

Didn't know community service was called a job :P. Your club may make these so called stars but none of them are any good. Lets compare Ashley Cole to all the players you listed.... Single handily he has more caps for his country tha. All of them put together' date=' most probs even double the amount if not triple. Well done for make average at best players, hence why your low down in the leave table.[/quote']

Alright let's not get personal. I don't think much of your job but I don't suggest you're under the lock and key of Her Majesty. You don't even know what I do for a living.

Alright let's not get personal. I don't think much of your job but I don't suggest you're under the lock and key of Her Majesty. You don't even know what I do for a living.

Not even on topic. The point was simple though you go on about Arsenal don't promote English players. However we do, we just focus on quality not quantity.

Point was our academy has produced England internationals over the years and long may that continue. That rather than helping other nations by producing their talent for them

Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. :P

Villa is a EPL club from the second biggest city of England, so you'd expect it to bring up England internationals, and players that are part of EPL winning squads. And in fact, you'd expect Villa to have produced a Rooney or a Lampard. What do you have: Barry, and even he was 16 when he joined Villa, wasn't he, so a player you brought from elsewhere instead of giving a chance to a one who grew to that age there. Even Barry mostly sets limits to City's success. Le Havre has just in the last decade brought up Lass Diarra, Diawara, Mandanda, Pogba, N'Zogbia, Hoarau, just to name a few, Mamadou Niang came from there as well. It is a small town with a team playing in French second tier, and it is not so long ago that the club wasn't even professional. Lens, a town of some 38000 people, club playing in Ligue 2, has just during last few years brought up Kakuta, Aurier, Varane, Kolodziejczak, Kondogbia and Taarabt to name a few from the top of my head, bit earlier for example Assou-Ekotto, and another familiar EPL player Diamé.

And seriously, English academies are not exactly helping other nations to produce the talent, they rob it at a critical point, packing their youth teams with them, knowing that with that strategy the development of most if not all will be hindered, but do not worry as long as they will get one or two of them through, because monetary investment is so low. Losers of the equation: most of these youth players, and their respective nations. Nothing we would wish more than EPL clubs to leave our youngsters in peace. England has been the misfortune of many of the talented players from Havre and Lens.

While your current youth team may be very impressive, I don't know about that, winning youth games or even tournaments is not very important. Without having seen how those kids play, can't say much anything about how good they will be with only the information that they have won. And that is what matters: how good will they be. As quite many have pointed out, the kids in England are taught to win, the kids in Spain, France, Brazil, Netherlands and so on, are taught to play. Playing is the more important thing to learn when you are still young, but unfortunately quite many youth coaches only think of winning at that stage, where winning is actually very insignificant. What they should think of, is what the kids they are coaching can do 10 years later.

Now this sounds realistic...

http://www.fanatix.com/news/arsenal-face-major-hurdle-in-race-to-sign-top-striking-target/116503/

Is he worth £15m?...

http://www.footballfancast.com/premiership/arsenal/dortmund-looking-to-gazump-arsenal-move?

EDIT:

Can't forget the lovely ladies, showing the boys how its done every year!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22319995

I have said it in the Bundesliga thread before. Dortmund and Schalke have been bitter bitter rivals for a century.

If the new face of the Schalke team now moves to Dortmund, this would cause such a supporter outrage that Heldt might as well pack it in.

Draxler has no release clause and Heldt said a few days ago in an interview that he will not be transferred.

Draxler himself would do well to stay at Schalke, he is still very young and got a lot to learn.

Well, in England he'd be worth 15m pounds most definitely.

Played 100 games for Schalke at age 19 already (youngest player ever to do so) and got a fair bit of Champions League experience plus he is part of the German National Team.

If you consider the money guys like Zaha, Henderson, Powell etc. go for and that Draxler is better and way more experienced than all of them, he is worth 15m pounds.

If he was to change clubs within the Bundesliga, he'd probably go for 15m Euro.

He is a great player with lots of potential.

I know I said that he has a lot to learn which is obviously correct but may have been negatively interpreted. Which 19-year old doesn't have a lot to learn. I was more pointing in the direction that another year playing the 10 at Schalke in the Bundesliga and CL would benefit his development the most as he has lived there all his life and got a safe spot in the starting XI. A move to Bayern for example would be too soon and a move abroad at that young age too.

So yes, my bad, I should have articulated myself a bit better and made that a tad clearer.