Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Dan is a class player given his age. I hope he develops to the best of his potential, for the nations sake as well as his.

Reports saying we're after Duarte Bernard for 25m Euros... I've watched a lot of him and I personally don't think he's ready maybe a move to Porto or stay in brazil for another year would do him good.. Not saying no to the lad but its a big risk..

The latest to be linked with a big money move to Arsenal. How long until this one falls through? Whats happened to Higuain? I do geniuiney feel for you guys sometimes. You get all the same bull thrown at you every summer with nothing to show for it.

He'll go to Porto I imagine.

Dan is a class player given his age. I hope he develops to the best of his potential' date=' for the nations sake as well as his.

[/b']

The latest to be linked with a big money move to Arsenal. How long until this one falls through? Whats happened to Higuain? I do geniuiney feel for you guys sometimes. You get all the same bull thrown at you every summer with nothing to show for it.

He'll go to Porto I imagine.

No pressure there then! The expectations are unreal for a 15 year old.

Reports saying we're after Duarte Bernard for 25m Euros... I've watched a lot of him and I personally don't think he's ready maybe a move to Porto or stay in brazil for another year would do him good.. Not saying no to the lad but its a big risk..

Dortmund also linked to him in the past. But as you said most likely to go to Portugal or maybe Ukraine.

Scored a nice goal in the copa semi final the other day though :)

;2655046']Long may it continue.

Otherwise he'll be doing that' date=' but in our Europa League team next season.[/quote']

This is the issue I find Arsenal have with young players. You either have players like Wilshere who are fast-tracked into the first team and play an exorbitant amount of games, or you have players like Miquel who train with the first-team regularly, and then sit on the bench and get absolutely no playing time. Neither method is close to ideal.

I think Miquel should get a couple of games early season to see where he's at, and if he's not at the level we need for an insurance CB, then he should be loaned out to get experience. The issue we have with defenders is the same back four play constantly until one gets injured, and then our defense has to take a couple of games to adjust to a new player. I always go back to Man U as a great example of how to rotate. They have CBs who'll often get the big games, but Vidic, Ferdinand, Evans, Jones and Smalling all get chances to play pretty regularly, which both helps the younger players develop and the older players stay injury-free.

;2655623']Various sources ;)

Probably a whole load of blag again like most Arsenal stories. :rolleyes:

It's a bit more then just blag mate.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8821369/Arsene-Wenger-is-ready-to-commit-his-long-term-future-to-Arsenal

3 more years of wrinkle features' date=' great.[/quote']

For the first I'm not sure if your being sarcastic or not :eek: Cause you do love your wrinkles as your Avatar suggests....

;2655715']Sky reports on everything' date=' reported on Higgy deal, did that happen? ;)[/quote']

Err not really, they never said Arsenal have agreed a fee with Real Madrid and never used according to "Sky Sources" regarding the Higuain deal. There are quotes from Wenger saying he's ready to commit for longer ;)

Why the hell are we wasting our time messing with his contract rather than prioritising a team in desperate need of improvement? Ludicrous. We can sort his contract out anytime we want. I don't even know what he's shown that makes them think that he warrants a new contract. Oh, yes I do, we finished in the top four again didn't we...

Moving on, all this talk about Dan Crowley and nobody has mentioned his performance yesterday evening in that 4-3 win over Sutton United. He managed to win the free-kick that led to the goal and get an assist in a pretty impressive debut, this should give anyone who didn't manage to see the game a good insight;

http://wonderofwenger.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/report-crowley-steals-show-as-arsenal.html?spref=tw

Why the hell are we wasting our time messing with his contract rather than prioritising a team in desperate need of improvement? Ludicrous. We can sort his contract out anytime we want. I don't even know what he's shown that makes them think that he warrants a new contract. Oh' date=' yes I do, we finished in the top four again didn't we...

Moving on, all this talk about Dan Crowley and nobody has mentioned his performance yesterday evening in that 4-3 win over Sutton United. He managed to win the free-kick that led to the goal and get an assist in a pretty impressive debut, this should give anyone who didn't manage to see the game a good insight;

[url']http://wonderofwenger.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/report-crowley-steals-show-as-arsenal.html?spref=tw[/url]

Thanks Josh, been googeling this but no results. My mate said he sounded good from the FB updates of AFC. As for Wenger it is preliminary talks which is a normality for any manger in their last year.

Err not really' date=' they never said Arsenal have agreed a fee with Real Madrid and never used according to "Sky Sources" regarding the Higuain deal. There are quotes from Wenger saying he's ready to commit for longer ;)[/quote']

I am sure they did, when I was watching SNN one night just to see the new gossip.

Doesn't matter another one gone. Won't be an Arsenal player for the forseeable future.

So, why are Arsenal two days into their pre season tour of Asia and still without a senior signing?

Speak to senior sources about Arsenal recruitment and they reveal that the power rests principally with one man - Wenger. According to one figure, "The problem is that Arsene dithers and changes his mind all the time"

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/07/13/4114369/wenger-u-turns-delay-arsenals-100m-summer-splurge

Do you want me to put my fist through a door? I'm already enraged and losing my patience as it is without hearing that he sits there procrastinating, but to be honest, I think we all knew that's what he does anyway.

Do you want me to put my fist through a door? I'm already enraged and losing my patience as it is without hearing that he sits there procrastinating' date=' but to be honest, I think we all knew that's what he does anyway.[/quote']

Nah mate..might hurt the door.

I guess there is nothing anyone can do at the moment except wait and see.

arsenal_logo_12059.jpg

here is the city has listed 5 players to look out for:

Ignasi Miquel

He’s a very competent player on the ball and the tour has an extra edge for him because he’s only got one-year left to run on his current contract.

Serge Gnabry

He looks destined to break into the Arsenal first team at some point in the future so if he can show the boss he looks fit and is near the top of his game, he could be on the verge of breaking out of the youth system next season.

Chuba Akpom

Akpom has a growing reputation as one of the most exciting youngsters in England and he has a superb record of six goals in seven games for England’s Under-19 side.

Gedion Zelalem

He’s a very promising central midfielder who is unlikely to start any games but he will have a chance to shine if he’s thrown on late in games, when the traditional pre-season fatigue kicks on for more senior players.

Thomas Eisfeld

Another of the German sensations in the Arsenal youth ranks. He’s a very similar player to Santi Cazorla in the respect that he likes to play central midfield, attacking positions which allow him to give in to all of his natural attacking urges.

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/07/11/ld-five-youngsters-to-watch-on-arsenals-pre-season-tour-of-asia/

France and Sanago win the u-20 world cup. :D

Although Sanogo didnt really have a good game' date=' as the whole team apart from Pogba were average.[/quote']

Four goals in 7 games isn't bad.

We signed a World champion. :D

Great that he comes here with a winning mentality and knowing what it takes to win. Something that most of our young players haven't got a clue about.

Most (if not all) of your players.

Yes indeed, not most.. ALL of our players.

Sagna : Coupe de France (1): 2005

UEFA Intertoto Cup (1): 2006

Mertesacker : Bundesliga Runner-up: 2007–08

DFB-Pokal: 2008–09; Runner-up: 2009–10

DFB-Ligapokal: 2006

UEFA Cup Runner-up: 2008–09

Vermaelen: Eredivisie (1): 2003–04

KNVB Cup (2): 2005–06, 2006–07

Rosicky :

Czech Liga (3): 1998–99, 1999–2000, 2000–01

Bundesliga (1): 2001–02

Arteta :