Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

This is a debate from twitter...

How many Arsenal players would get into a combined Liverpool-Arsenal team?

3 I would say. Carzorla' date=' Wilshere and Vermaalen/Koscielny[/quote']

Vermalen? Clearly you don't know much about arsenal, I'd stop while youre ahead :P

I'd say cazorla, wilshere, kos and maybe Gibbs

The 21m is his release clause' date=' which apparently is whats been activated.

I didn't say i believed it as i said in the original post

All i said is that i would welcome Bernard at Arsenal.

Which is true, but again its the media up to the usual tricks but i thought id post the Mata and Bernard storys on here.[/quote']

Realized that too, anyway thanks for the sharing.

Laughable, if only 3 of the Arsenal player can make it through the combined team then I have no idea why Liverpool could not get the 4th spot. They should have easily gotten 4th instead of 7th. Not trying to insult but this is by far the most laughable post I have seen in a long time.

This is a debate not even worth having because Liverpool fans over-rate the majority of there players I.E Henderson,Allen,Enrique etc...

Then wonder why they finish well off the pace at the end of the season.

On a serious note if you were mixing a team up...

GK Mignolet

RB Johnson

CB Agger

CB Koscielny

LB Gibbs

CM Wilshere

CM Gerrard

LAM Coutinho

AM Cazorla

RAM Walcott

ST Suarez

So for me at least 5 Arsenal players based on a 4-2-3-1 formation and that is being fair.

There is a couple of close points RB not much in it. CM could easily include Arteta etc... and Mignolet is yet to play for Liverpool but There wouldnt be much between Reina and Szczesny.

And i class Sturridge as a striker hence going for Walcott on the right.

Walcott over Sturridge? No way' date=' Walcott is way too inconsistent.[/quote']

Easily Walcott over Sturridge, Walcott have far better scoring record and not to mention Sturridge is also inconsistent. So I am not sure what is the point of mentioning Walcott's inconsistent.

Also, the combined squad should be:

Reina

Sagna Mertaesacker Koscielny Monreal

Gerrard Arteta

Walcott Cazorla Coutinho

Suarez

I would pick Reina easily because he is one of the top keeper when at his best but not seeing the form he had could not blame him at times due to Liverpool's poor defending.

Easily Arsenal back four. Arsenal was extremely error prone in the defend in the 1st half of the season and that's because Gibbs is always injured and partly thanks to Vermaelen who caused most of the error and Koscielny's injured which made him suffered in term of form. However, at best Arsenal back four is unplayable and the our defensive record don't lie.

As for midfield, Arteta is a must because as Liverpool and Arsenal both implement possession style, Arteta play an extremely important role. Reason why Liverpool bought Joe Allen (flop though). Gerrard, one of the best long passer in the league and has a extremely good leadership which Arsenal currently does not have. Walcott, think I mentioned earlier. Then, Coutinho, a superb creative player and has eye for a through ball. Cazorla and Suarez, can easily walk into any team.

Personal preference:

Reina

Wisdom - Skrtel - Koscielny - Monreal

Gerrard - Wilshere

Oxlade - Cazorla - Coutinho

Suarez

Without personal preference:

Reina

Koscielny - Skrtel - Mertersacker

Walcott - Gerrard - Cazorla - Wilshere - Podolski

Suarez

Mingolet

Johnson Agger Kosc Gibbs/Monreal

Gerrard Arteta

Walcott Cazorla Coutinho

Suarez

That is what I would go with of last years form IMO.

I'd pretty much agree with this, maybe Mertesacker in for Agger as Per's been immense when he has Kosc alongside him.

On the Bernard note, I'd be annoyed if we spent that fee on him rather than putting towards all these forwards we're missing out on. I thinks he's overhyped and isn't the best physically, can see him getting torn to shreds against Stoke etc.

3 I would say. Carzorla' date=' Wilshere and[b'] Vermaalen[/b]/Koscielny

This is why no one likes Liverpool fans.

Szczesny Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs Arteta Wilshere Walcott Cazorla Coutinho Suarez

Sorry, if you think only 3 Arsenal players which finished 4th would get in a team that finished 7th, you are frankly deluding yourself. Gerrard has had it as a top player, it was a toss up between Cazorla and Coutinho as AM but Cazorla's the senior and proven player so Couts gets shoved out wide and Sagna, contrary to popular belief, remains a quality player.

This is why no one likes Liverpool fans.

Szczesny Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs Arteta Wilshere Walcott Cazorla Coutinho Suarez

Sorry' date=' if you think only 3 Arsenal players which finished 4th would get in a team that finished 7th, you are frankly deluding yourself. Gerrard has had it as a top player, it was a toss up between Cazorla and Coutinho as AM but Cazorla's the senior and proven player so Couts gets shoved out wide and Sagna, contrary to popular belief, remains a quality player.[/quote']

Ludicrous

Gerrard past it what planet are you on? Got more assists and more chances created than 99% of the PL roster. How anybody can suggest he would not get in a combined team is laughable.

not to mention your choice of goalkeeper is ridiculous, both our keepers are better than yours.

Final correction Sagna a quality player, yes at one point in time he was by and large poor for quite some time.

This was always going to cause a real debate between fans. Some interesting view re agger vs mert. I'd have agger all day long, he has everything you'd want in a CB. And Lucas is by far better a DM than arteta, he's not as good offensively but he is on anothe level defensively. If he had been fit all season he would have made by far the most tackles in the EPL.

Mignolet

Johnson - sagna isn't great anymore

Agger

Kos

Gibbs

Lucas

Gerrard - still a quality player

Wilshere

Cazorla

Coutinho

Suarez

Wenger- manager

People are saying why there wouldn't be more arsenal players in the team and I would have to say it's clearly down to Wenger. Even without that great a team he can consistently get you top 4 whereas Liverpool play well just don't always get the results that reflect their performances.

This was always going to cause a real debate between fans. Some interesting view re agger vs mert. I'd have agger all day long' date=' he has everything you'd want in a CB. And Lucas is by far better a DM than arteta, he's not as good offensively but he is on anothe level defensively. If he had been fit all season he would have made by far the most tackles in the EPL.

Mignolet

Johnson - sagna isn't great anymore

Agger

Kos

Gibbs

[b']Lucas[/b]

Gerrard - still a quality player

Wilshere

Cazorla

Coutinho

Suarez

Wenger- manager

People are saying why there wouldn't be more arsenal players in the team and I would have to say it's clearly down to Wenger. Even without that great a team he can consistently get you top 4 whereas Liverpool play well just don't always get the results that reflect their performances.

Haha !

This happens every season (usually me who starts it)

Right Now

Mignolet

Johnson -- Kos -- Agger -- Monreal

Lucas

Arteta -- Gerrard

Cazorla -- Suarez -- Coutinho

For the future

Mignolet

Kelly -- Kos -- Agger -- Gibbs

Lucas

Wilshere -- Henderson

Ox -- Suarez -- Coutinho

Meh first team squads are pretty even in my opinion but end of the day Arsenal have much more depth and that's the difference at the end of the season.

Sorry, but I honestly think Johnson and Lucas do not deserve to be there. At least Agger is debatable but while Johnson has been good going forward but he is absolutely a clown when it comes to defending. Still, Arteta over Lucas. Mentioned earlier, Arteta is the most important player for Liverpool and Arsenal playing style and should always be the first person to made it in the 1st team list. Of course Lucas will totally beat Arteta when is comes to defensive duty but Arteta is still doing a decent job.

Sorry' date=' but I honestly think Johnson and Lucas do not deserve to be there. At least Agger is debatable but while Johnson has been good going forward but he is absolutely a clown when it comes to defending. Still, Arteta over Lucas. Mentioned earlier, Arteta is the most important player for Liverpool and Arsenal playing style and should always be the first person to made it in the 1st team list. Of course Lucas will totally beat Arteta when is comes to defensive duty but Arteta is still doing a decent job.[/quote']

Lucas is the reason why Gerrard had such good form and the reason we did so terrible when he wasn't there he breaks up play, watch our match against Chelsea when he had Mata in his pocket all day. I prefer a defensive midfielder who breaks up play and offers protection for the defense rather than dictating play i'd leave that to Gerrard he could still boss most midfields in football. Lucas massively underrated by anyone who hasn't watched him. I like Arteta though it's why i'd take him over Wilshere right now, Wilshere has potential but he wouldn't get in a midfield with Arteta or Gerrard in the present time.

Only chose Johnson because Sagna is absolutely dreadful and most Arsenal fans can admit to that, Kelly and Jenkinson are a bit behind, if Kelly could stay fit i'd take him over Johnson but I expect him to be a Centre Back next year. If I managed a joint team i'd sign a new Right Back.

A centre back pairing of Kos and Agger would be fantastic to watch.

Lucas is the reason why Gerrard had such good form and the reason we did so terrible when he wasn't there he breaks up play' date=' watch our match against Chelsea when he had Mata in his pocket all day. I prefer a defensive midfielder who breaks up play and offers protection for the defense rather than dictating play i'd leave that to Gerrard he could still boss most midfields in football. Lucas massively underrated by anyone who hasn't watched him. I like Arteta though it's why i'd take him over Wilshere right now, Wilshere has potential but he wouldn't get in a midfield with Arteta or Gerrard in the present time.

Only chose Johnson because Sagna is absolutely dreadful and most Arsenal fans can admit to that, Kelly and Jenkinson are a bit behind, if Kelly could stay fit i'd take him over Johnson but I expect him to be a Centre Back next year. If I managed a joint team i'd sign a new Right Back.

A centre back pairing of Kos and Agger would be fantastic to watch.[/quote']

While Sagna is dreadful compared to his previous year but he still has an extremely good defensive record except for the one he screwed up against van Persie. Apart from that, he has been extremely solid. Anyway, there is nothing much to debate about anymore. It is pretty much down to personal opinion. So basically, I do respect your opinion.