Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

trying to celebrate winning something real rather than another 4th place finish might also be better.

just a suggestion.

Ohhh' date=' someone can't take a bit of banter, I'd celebrate 4th any day than finishing 7th behind our arch rivals...

Bit hypocritical of you as well considering you're always having a go at us for being defensive...

Yet another defensive response......

Cant you lot actually debate an issue without resorting to petty insults???

Plenty more of those quotes too.

Better then celebrating a 7th spot ;)

When have I ever celebrated finishing 7th??

Ohhh' date=' someone can't take a bit of banter, I'd celebrate 4th any day than finishing 7th behind our arch rivals...

Bit hypocritical of you as well considering you're always having a go at us for being defensive...

Plenty more of those quotes too.[/quote']

I don't celebrate 7th and I wouldn't celebrate being 4th either what is there to celebrate when you know you ain't Nywhere near top dogs. personally I celebrate being a winner at whatever, no prizes for 2nd, 3rd, 4th whatever.

As for the Banter clearly you are the one who couldn't take it from my light hearted posts which you decide to make a big issue of. Am more than capable of laughing at my own club in fact I do it more than most and am very very realistic Bout our position.

But the main point is I always maintain if you think 4th is a cause for celebration all glory to you, if stagnating staying still and on pitch celebrations for finishing 4th is your thing enjoy it, personally I think you should only celebrate winning, fans, players, clubs they dream of winning not telling there grandson about the day we secured a point at Wigan or something to secure 4th.

I am sure you can corroborate that by looking up many similar quotes I have made Miss Marple. :)

I don't celebrate 7th and I wouldn't celebrate being 4th either what is there to celebrate when you know you ain't Nywhere near top dogs. personally I celebrate being a winner at whatever' date=' no prizes for 2nd, 3rd, 4th whatever.

As for the Banter clearly you are the one who couldn't take it from my light hearted posts which you decide to make a big issue of. Am more than capable of laughing at my own club in fact I do it more than most and am very very realistic Bout our position.

But the main point is I always maintain if you think 4th is a cause for celebration all glory to you, if stagnating staying still and on pitch celebrations for finishing 4th is your thing enjoy it, personally I think you should only celebrate winning, fans, players, clubs they dream of winning not telling there grandson about the day we secured a point at Wigan or something to secure 4th.

I am sure you can corroborate that by looking up many similar quotes I have made Miss Marple. :)[/quote']

The celebrations you are talking about where a 'once in the moment' thing, after suffering through a tough season, being behind Spurs for the most of it and literally just playing poorly we were relieved more than anything. I don't celebrate it now, but I admit doing it on the day which I'm sure you'll understand is acceptable, however as you see from my posts, I am less than happy about how we are stagnating despite the "warchest" of funds available.

I for one believe that without any improvements this season, we will find ourselves out of the CL and behind Spurs as they don't seem to be reluctant to make signings. I'm clearly fed up with Wenger procrastinating and us missing out on target after target after target.

I never said you celebrated 7th I just said I would rather celebrate fourth than finish 7th behind our rivals with no successful cup campaign either.

You say it's light-hearted but it's the same thing you pick us up on time and time again.

You can understand how important 4th was/is to us for our ability to attract players (not that it matters because Wenger won't pull his thumb from out of his rectum) not that I defend celebrating it just that at the time, our emotions got the best of us due to the stress that the season had caused. At the moment though, I'm not very optimistic for the future unless we sign your Suarez ;)

The celebrations you are talking about where a 'once in the moment' thing' date=' after suffering through a tough season, being behind Spurs for the most of it and literally just playing poorly we were relieved more than anything. I don't celebrate it now, but I admit doing it on the day which I'm sure you'll understand is acceptable, however as you see from my posts, I am less than happy about how we are stagnating despite the "warchest" of funds available.

I for one believe that without any improvements this season, we will find ourselves out of the CL and behind Spurs as they don't seem to be reluctant to make signings. I'm clearly fed up with Wenger procrastinating and us missing out on target after target after target.

I never said you celebrated 7th I just said I would rather celebrate fourth than finish 7th behind our rivals with no successful cup campaign either.

You say it's light-hearted but it's the same thing you pick us up on time and time again.

You can understand how important 4th was/is to us for our ability to attract players (not that it matters because Wenger won't pull his thumb from out of his rectum) not that I defend celebrating it just that at the time, our emotions got the best of us due to the stress that the season had caused. At the moment though, I'm not very optimistic for the future.[/quote']

Even if you kept the same squad I still think you will finish 4th. Yes I will pick up on the same thing because I believe a large element of people within the club and the fans Re "content" with your lot and to me it smacks of exactly the wrong mentality and it stems from the board/manager who continually champion Champions League qualification as the be all and end all. It is not Arsenal just like all the other clubs who want to proclaim themselves as big should exist to win trophies and that stems from a better mentality.

The reality is Arsenal are a big club, IMO one of the three most historic clubs in the country, have massive match day revenues, commercial power, huge war heats if cash, an already decent squad and should with all the financial power they have be making a real effort to "think big" not even forgetting the mammoth new TV deal.

If you have to overpay for a couple of players so be it, there is a time for financial restraint but Arsenal have never had it so good and just by cutting out isome of the dead wood in your squad (which TBF you have started to with Arshavin, Squillachi etc) these signings in terms of wages wil pay for themselves. You ain't a Everton, Liverpool etc who are somewhat restricted financially for various reasons.

I have nothing against Arsenal I respect Arsenal as a club but I will criticise certain elements of it and the fan base because I think there "mentality" needs to change if you are going to get where most fans think they deserve to be.

I have nothing against Arsenal I respect Arsenal as a club but I will criticise certain elements of it and the fan base because I think there "mentality" needs to change if you are going to get where most fans think they deserve to be.

I agree with most you have said Ray but to come back the way we did with that end of season form was great for us fans. We was bracing ourselves for the worst and managed to pull off a great comeback. Yes CL football shouldn't be celebrated by a club like Arsenal. But the way we got it made it good. I am sure if any other club was in our shoes they would of done the same.

On a side note though I feel we need to be patient and wait until our tour has finished before we sign anyone. I am sure we will sign a few players. We have to be fair been messed around by Madrid and Jovetic was hugely over priced.

Remember you may slate Wenger for his transfer dealings but he made the club the way we are today. We will never get a manager like him again. I honestly think that Wenger is still the right man even though majority don't.

However this should be our season where we take advantage of a changing Man Utd like we did when we had the invincibles and United was going through a change. I am not saying we should be unbeaten but we should make a serious title challenge. Our end of form last season was amazing if we can keep consistency throughout the season we will be in with a good shout for silverware.

Overpriced? Maybe' date=' but He was not hugely overpriced![/quote']

Indeed overpriced, 20mil would be ideal but 28mil is overpriced. Wish we could have gotten him but not at that 28mil price. Hope to see Jovetic in action. He will be a fantastic player to watch in the EPL and people will realize that soon.

Overpriced maybe, but not hugely overpriced.

The way the market is currently Prem clubs do need to pay a little over, which is something Arsenal have never liked doing - this whole Higuain mess is the perfect example - he would be your record transfer by almost double (or more) (Wiltord @ £13m. Arshavin @ £12m rising to £15m, Cazorla?) but would be a fantastic signing and a hell of a statement. And the kind of statement that could really trounce Spurs after their Benteke situation capitulation.

Wenger, while being astute as he has been during his time at Arsenal needs to realise that he needs to change with the times, hence why so long without a trophy.

After last season I rate him around 10-12mil max. He went for for double that. Difference of view.

10-12 million? Sorry but if Negredo is worth 18m , Andy Carroll 15 , Wolfswinkel 10 and so on, then Jovetic is certainly worth 20+ mil. Yet another great post from you. That's why we're never going to sign anyone, because Wenger most probably has the same mentality as you.

10-12 million? Sorry but if Negredo is worth 18m ' date=' Andy Carroll 15 , Wolfswinkel 10 and so on, then Jovetic is certainly worth 20+ mil. Yet another great post from you. That's why we're never going to sign anyone, because Wenger most probably has the same mentality as you.[/quote']

True. I can't understand why football fans also have same mindset like businessman. You want the best for your club,you have to realize that signing 'unknown' players to make them grow in the club just not working (at least not to same extent like in the past) anymore. Even Wenger already realized this with signing Cazorla,Mertesacker,Podolski who all experienced and well known

10-12 million? Sorry but if Negredo is worth 18m ' date=' Andy Carroll 15 , Wolfswinkel 10 and so on, then Jovetic is certainly worth 20+ mil. Yet another great post from you. That's why we're never going to sign anyone, because Wenger most probably has the same mentality as you.[/quote']

"Yet another great post from you" pretty rude to say the least. Would you rather I moan like a little girl like you do? May I also add its my opinion of his price, so what is there to talk about? People need to learn to respect others views. "That's why were never going sign anyone" waaaahh waaaahh keep moaning boy.

Liverpool fans need a gigantic boot up the arse.

Anyway' date=' Santos has joined Flamengo permanently.[/quote']

No celebratory picture?

A bit late but still.....

Szczesny

Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs

Lucas Ramsey

Rosicky

Walcott Cazorla

Suarez

I haven't seen enough Mingolet to put him in my team, if he's better then so be it. For me Aaron Ramsey will win you games. His work-rate/closing down opponents and ball-winning in offensive areas creates pressure. Pressure leads to unforced errors, (and he forces them into error too) errors lead to goals. He's also a very good player too, people forget that.

Lucas is arguably the DM we've been crying out for.

Agger is good but our defence was collectively superior to most.

Based on end of season form; Ramsey was playing better than Wilshere and Gerrard IMO. Gerrard hasn't got the legs anymore, years ago he's 1st name on the teamsheet. He could've made the holding role instead of Lucas but he isn't out and out DM. He could've made behind the striker but I prefer Rosicky's quick feet and pace. He's a squad player now face it guys, nothing lasts forever.

Arteta deserves a shout but for the balance of the team I think the one I chose would win more EPL games. 9 Arsenal players for me.

Arsepool U21's:

Martinez

Jenkinson Wisdom Kelly Miquel

Coquelin Wilshere

Coutinho

Oxlade-Chamberlain Sterling

Sanogo

Still a good 7 Arsenal players. I don't think Liverpool will have a better team than Arsenal for the foreseeable future. Not unless they get foreign investment a la Man City.

True. I can't understand why football fans also have same mindset like businessman. You want the best for your club' date='you have to realize that signing 'unknown' players to make them grow in the club just not working (at least not to same extent like in the past) anymore. Even Wenger already realized this with signing Cazorla,Mertesacker,Podolski who all experienced and well known[/quote']

My mind is not business orientated. However I do care about the future of our club. People seem to think that because we don't spend 50 million on a player that we don't add quality to our team. There is a reason why teams have scouting networks. Also a fair few top players have come from relatively small clubs. It is really hard to explain because our club is a one off, there is not another like it in the world in how we provide for ourself. I like that we do this, we have a future for tomorrow. Whilst some fans may moan now they was in awe of the club when we was winning trophies. Remember we had to sell Anelka to get a good training ground and someone like Henry. Back then fans moaned and look just how beneficial we was for it. We have now done the same for our stadium and once again our fans are giving plenty of stick. We will have to wait and see how it works out. However some of of our fans are only supporters because they liked Arsenal when we was a title team and went for glory. Hence why now they moan like a little kid.

"Yet another great post from you" pretty rude to say the least. Would you rather I moan like a little girl like you do? May I also add its my opinion of his price' date=' so what is there to talk about? People need to learn to respect others views. "That's why were never going sign anyone" waaaahh waaaahh keep moaning boy.[/quote']

35463023.jpg

some possibly interesting transfer news not linked with Luis Suarez..

Arsenal are interested in signing Chelsea playmaker Juan Mata, 25, with the Spain international's future under scrutiny since Jose Mourinho returned to Stamford Bridge as manager.

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000088879&story_title=Kenya-arsenal-are-interested-in-signing-chelsea-playmaker-mata

Arsenal are considering a move for Tottenham and Liverpool midfield target Bernard, according to the Daily Mail.

Arsenal are reportedly lining up an £8m bid for Bayern Munich midfielder Luiz Gustavo according to the Metro.

On the subject of SM-ish transfers wonder if Arsene could get Ronaldinho on a loan/transfer deal for the season? Would make an awesome impact sub at least..