Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

some possibly interesting transfer news not linked with Luis Suarez..

Arsenal are interested in signing Chelsea playmaker Juan Mata, 25, with the Spain international's future under scrutiny since Jose Mourinho returned to Stamford Bridge as manager.

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000088879&story_title=Kenya-arsenal-are-interested-in-signing-chelsea-playmaker-mata

Arsenal are considering a move for Tottenham and Liverpool midfield target Bernard, according to the Daily Mail.

Arsenal are reportedly lining up an £8m bid for Bayern Munich midfielder Luiz Gustavo according to the Metro.

On the subject of SM-ish transfers wonder if Arsene could get Ronaldinho on a loan/transfer deal for the season? Would make an awesome impact sub at least..

Realistically' date=' how much game time do you think Ox will get next season? (In the league)[/quote']

I don't think any of us could tell you properly without waiting 'til the end of the transfer window. We're being linked with quite a few wingers that predominantly play on the left so we'll have to wait and see.

If the squad stays the same he'll still be second choice to Podolski and Walcott and I'll doubt he'll be able to get into the midfield with Jack, Arteta, Cazorla and Ramsey to compete with.

I personally can't see him getting a great deal of game time but you never know, an injury or two to others may see him get his chance.

That probably didn't answer your question aha.

I don't think any of us could tell you properly without waiting 'til the end of the transfer window. We're being linked with quite a few wingers that predominantly play on the left so we'll have to wait and see.

If the squad stays the same he'll still be second choice to Podolski and Walcott and I'll doubt he'll be able to get into the midfield with Jack' date=' Arteta, Cazorla and Ramsey to compete with.

I personally can't see him getting a great deal of game time but you never know, an injury or two to others may see him get his chance.

That probably didn't answer your question aha.[/quote']

No it did, thanks. I really like Ox and I'm trying to get as many players as possible that I like in my fantasy team (:P), and I haven't got any Arsenal players in it thus far, so I was thinking of choosing Ox. I may change my mind later on though, but he's all I can afford anyway :)

Outside of fantasy football, it would be nice to see him get more game time, but you're right when you say it's probably best to wait and see what your squad looks like come the end of the transfer window.

some possibly interesting transfer news not linked with Luis Suarez..

Arsenal are interested in signing Chelsea playmaker Juan Mata' date=' 25, with the Spain international's future under scrutiny since Jose Mourinho returned to Stamford Bridge as manager.

[url']http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000088879&story_title=Kenya-arsenal-are-interested-in-signing-chelsea-playmaker-mata[/url]

Arsenal are considering a move for Tottenham and Liverpool midfield target Bernard, according to the Daily Mail.

Arsenal are reportedly lining up an £8m bid for Bayern Munich midfielder Luiz Gustavo according to the Metro.

On the subject of SM-ish transfers wonder if Arsene could get Ronaldinho on a loan/transfer deal for the season? Would make an awesome impact sub at least..

No chance, absolutely no chance Mata is going to come to Arsenal. The closest was when he haven't moved to Chelsea. I just cannot see Mata coming to Arsenal especially when he was the best player for Chelsea last season. Then Bernard, not going to completely rule him out but I will if it is around that reported fee. Bernard is no way worth that amount and Wenger is not the type of people who will splash extra cash for players.

Luiz Gustavo, 50% chance though.

Ronaldinho, heard that his work rate is horrible and Wenger would not want such player.

the unknown Spanish kid that then goes on to captain the side and we then sell to Barca or Man City for £40 + Million.

Brilliant eh? Selling star player, Brilliant. I love being a selling club it's amazing I'd rather make profit and sell our best players than win a major trophy...:rolleyes:

Brilliant eh? Selling star player' date=' Brilliant. I love being a selling club it's amazing I'd rather make profit and sell our best players than win a major trophy...:rolleyes:[/quote']

Hayden here's a thought. Why not try and support your club rather than moan... Just a thought ;)

If the squad stays the same he'll still be second choice to Podolski and Walcott and I'll doubt he'll be able to get into the midfield with Jack' date=' Arteta, Cazorla and Ramsey to compete with.

I personally can't see him getting a great deal of game time but you never know, an injury or two to others may see him get his chance. [/quote']

Are you saying that barring injuries, we only need two wingers and four midfielders to play out the season? Squad rotation is the most undervalued aspect of winning football, so I'm counting on Oxlade-Chamberlain certainly getting more PL starts than the 11 he had this season. Even with Oxlade-Chamberlain in the lineup, I have to say that our squad does look a little small to be able to stay fresh until crunch time in April/May, which makes me think that rotation will be that much more important.

Are you saying that barring injuries' date=' we only need two wingers and four midfielders to play out the season? [/quote']

Where did you get that from?! I was merely answering a question, you may want to go back through my post and read it again as I think you may have gotten confused. Nowhere did I say anything about the players being adequate or the depth being adequate, I was simply stating where I see Oxlade-Chamberlain in regards to our first team.

Hayden here's a thought. Why not try and support your club rather than moan like a b.... Just a thought ;)

I liked it alot better when you were gone, he is entitled to his opinion dont be a child, he is kind of right too, sad but true we struggle to keep our star players lately and its a really big issue.

Per's wearing the number 2...

Oh yeah.

Has anything been confirmed by the club though of a number change (I know it was reported not to order his shirt with 4, but I have not seen any reports of him being given number 2).

Would seem odd to take Diabys number while hes still at the club, espeically as Wenger is a big fan of his.

Where did you get that from?! I was merely answering a question' date=' you may want to go back through my post and read it again as I think you may have gotten confused. Nowhere did I say anything about the players being adequate or the depth being adequate, I was simply stating where I see Oxlade-Chamberlain in regards to our first team.[/quote']

I figured that as you said that as you mentioned Cazorla, Wilshere, Arteta and Ramsey as midfielders to compete with, you were suggesting that Chamberlain wouldn't get game time since those four would be playing all season long. I may have just read too far into your comments.

I hope I didn't sound confrontational:(

I liked it alot better when you were gone' date=' he is entitled to his opinion dont be a child, he is kind of right too, sad but true we struggle to keep our star players lately and its a really big issue.[/quote']

I said it light heartedly hence the wink lol. Sorry but I don't feel that we don't have to worry at this moment in time about losing any players. For the first summer in donkeys years we don't have this fear, and yet it still comes up. Just saying, get over it.

I said it light heartedly hence the wink lol. Sorry but I don't feel that we don't have to worry at this moment in time about losing any players. For the first summer in donkeys years we don't have this fear' date=' and yet it still comes up. Just saying, get over it.[/quote']

you can turn a blind eye too it all you want the problem doesn't go away. That said part of what you said actually has some merit, for once we don't have an out and out superstar to lose this summer, but that's a problem in itself.

injured for how long?

verm and him out' date=' looks like a CB is really needed.[/quote']

People are saying that it's just a minor injury but still we gotta be careful. We can use Sagna as a CB. IF it's a long term injury then we have to buy someone, Miquel is not ready yet and we just can't let Sagna play as a CB. For short term it's alright but not for long term.