Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

It doesn't make sense with Bernard.

It's the World Cup next year' date=' not only that, but it's in Brazil, his home country. Will he be playing first team football for us? No, not a chance. Why would he move to us this season and leave a team where he's getting regular football, which would decrease his chances of getting in the national side? It's too early for him and a reason why I can't see it happening.

I personally don't want to see him here anyway, he'll just be another player that City or Barca take in a few years time.[/quote']

You make all the right points once again Josh. I have to agree with everything you said other than the tongue in cheek comment regarding City and Barca :). I really don't know anything about this boy however he is really hyped and over priced. Specially considering our top ever transfer was 15 million for Arshavin. I can't see us bidding 20mil plus for a youngster. However I was only posting what was the main story on ArseBlog.

I keep seeing people saying that we need to replace Theo.... I take it you have never been to The Emirates and seen him play in real life. He is a huge fan favourite and had a great year last season. Sometimes I really do not understand these so called "Arsenal fans". If this is what being a fan is then I would hate to see what your like over teams you don't "support".

I don't condone the over the top abuse of Theo but I can understand why some fans get frustrated with him. He still seems to have this 'hit and miss' factor which can often occur several times during a 90mins, let alone a string of games. Today for instance he scored a wonderful goal (created by a piece of magic from Zelalem) but for the rest of the evening his finishing was very erratic and he misplaced a couple of really easy square passes.

I think Theo is a very good player who lacks the technical quality we have come to expect of previous Arsenal greats. I do fell however that what he lacks in natural ability he more than makes up for in terms of his output of goals/assists. He is a lot more mature now and makes the right decision more often but he still has that erratic nature to his game which can be frustrating to watch at times.

Fans calling for him to be sold is very harsh in my opinion. Yes, you could buy players with more technique and all round ability but you'd find it hard to replace Walcott's productivity, especially as he provides most of this productivity from a wide position.

It doesn't make sense with Bernard.

It's the World Cup next year' date=' not only that, but it's in Brazil, his home country. Will he be playing first team football for us? No, not a chance. Why would he move to us this season and leave a team where he's getting regular football, which would decrease his chances of getting in the national side? It's too early for him and a reason why I can't see it happening.

I personally don't want to see him here anyway, he'll just be another player that City or Barca take in a few years time.[/quote']

Forget it. You won't get him. Your board simply won't show the willingness to spend that on a young player.

World Cup has no bearing on it, if you signed him you'd be mad not to play him. He's a great player.

Bernard won't be coming, since no one who's linked with Arsenal is ever actually signed.

Price-wise, 20+million is a bit hefty, but any big-money signing comes with a certain degree of risk. It seems a bit hypocritical for fans to demand summer spending, and then balk at the transfer fees of potential targets, saying they're not worth the money. The one upside of shelling out cash for a very young player like Bernard is that even if he doesn't perform, he'll retain his value more than older, "more established" players will.

Make up your minds everyone. Do you want to assume the risk of spending big, or assume the security and low expectations of inexpensive acquisitions?

Heard Miyaichi played well today. The guy is so underrated, I love the guy. Shame he's at arsenal! He should go out on loan to somewhere he'll actually play. He's too good for your u21s.

In regards to zelalem, he's a very good prospect. From what I've seen he is very similar to fabregas however at 16 fabregas was much better. He was actually playing premier league football whereas zelalem is in the reserves.

By the way, what's going to happen to gnabry this season? Will he go out on loan?

Bernard won't be coming' date=' since no one who's linked with Arsenal is ever actually signed.

Price-wise, 20+million is a bit hefty, but any big-money signing comes with a certain degree of risk. It seems a bit hypocritical for fans to demand summer spending, and then balk at the transfer fees of potential targets, saying they're not worth the money. The one upside of shelling out cash for a very young player like Bernard is that even if he doesn't perform, he'll retain his value more than older, "more established" players will.

Make up your minds everyone. Do you want to assume the risk of spending big, or assume the security and low expectations of inexpensive acquisitions?[/quote']

I will love to see him in arsenal but it just won't happen am almost 100% he won't join arsenal. already wenger has denied it but he does a lots

Arsenal and Galatasaray both made enquiries to Manchester United this summer for midfielder Michael Carrick but were told by David Moyes that the England international will not be leaving.

Source: Daily Star

Jesus on a bike.

BBC reporting the Bernard story which is usually a good sign.

I keep seeing people saying that we need to replace Theo.... I take it you have never been to The Emirates and seen him play in real life. He is a huge fan favourite and had a great year last season. Sometimes I really do not understand these so called "Arsenal fans". If this is what being a fan is then I would hate to see what your like over teams you don't "support".

Great year? He was decent. Our defence isn't a massive problem, Our midfield and Attack is.

I don't condone the over the top abuse of Theo but I can understand why some fans get frustrated with him. He still seems to have this 'hit and miss' factor which can often occur several times during a 90mins' date=' let alone a string of games. Today for instance he scored a wonderful goal (created by a piece of magic from Zelalem) but for the rest of the evening his finishing was very erratic and he misplaced a couple of really easy square passes.

I think Theo is a very good player who lacks the technical quality we have come to expect of previous Arsenal greats. I do fell however that what he lacks in natural ability he more than makes up for in terms of his output of goals/assists. He is a lot more mature now and makes the right decision more often but he still has that erratic nature to his game which can be frustrating to watch at times.

Fans calling for him to be sold is very harsh in my opinion. Yes, you could buy players with more technique and all round ability but you'd find it hard to replace Walcott's productivity, especially as he provides most of this productivity from a wide position.[/quote']

Great to have you back dude! Missed having some fair and accurate views in here. I myself like Theo, of course he can improve but he has shown time and time again that he gives his all for the shirt.

Giroud could be the answer to your striker problems with Podolski' date=' on paper it could be a very decent partnership.[/quote']

Agree with Infernito if Arsenal REALLY want to compete for the title they need somebody better than Giroud. Giroud is decent enough and will do a job but he aint got that touch of extra class that really elevates a team to the next level. Much prefer him though to Podolski who I have never really rated well not to the extent that some people on here do.

For me for what his signing "promised" he was disappointing last year.

Never seen this Bernard but supposedly we have agreed personal terms and he is flying out to us on Friday. Has been reported on Arseblog.

20+M is overpriced I know that much. Saw a few Brazilian games last year and he never really stood out for me. He has got a trick or two but can also go missing for long periods.

Heard Miyaichi played well today. The guy is so underrated' date=' I love the guy. Shame he's at arsenal! He should go out on loan to somewhere he'll actually play. He's too good for your u21s.

In regards to zelalem, he's a very good prospect. From what I've seen he is very similar to fabregas however at 16 fabregas was much better. He was actually playing premier league football whereas zelalem is in the reserves.

By the way, what's going to happen to gnabry this season? Will he go out on loan?[/quote']

You've basically just re wrote everything that other people said on this thread. Well done. Miyaichi didn't play well today, he was rather absent from the game, he's a good prospect but there are better players than him in our youths. As for Gnabry, he will probably go out on loan.

I'd be delighted with Bernard, rumours are gathering pace but I really don't see us signing him. There will certainly be other clubs that are interested in him, other clubs that can certainly pay more than us, or maybe "can" is not the right word, more like "willing".

Heard Miyaichi played well today. The guy is so underrated' date=' I love the guy. Shame he's at arsenal! H[b']e should go out on loan to somewhere he'll actually play. He's too good for your u21s.[/b]

By the way, what's going to happen to gnabry this season? Will he go out on loan?

He's been on loan the past two seasons (Bolton and Wigan), unfortunately injuries have stunted his progression.

Yeah' date=' so? As i said before, one year's worth of stats prove nothing. Grant Holt scored 15 league goals a couple of years ago. Now he's playing for Wigan. Says it all, dunnit?[/quote']

Considering one is a striker and one plays as a winger. Also considering Norwich would rely on Holt and use him as a target man, where as at Arsenal has a bit more work to do... However your like a deluded talking brick wall. So I leave my case there. Fin.

You've basically just re wrote everything that other people said on this thread. Well done. Miyaichi didn't play well today' date=' he was rather absent from the game, he's a good prospect but there are better players than him in our youths. As for Gnabry, he will probably go out on loan.

I'd be delighted with Bernard, rumours are gathering pace but I really don't see us signing him. There will certainly be other clubs that are interested in him, other clubs that can certainly pay more than us, or maybe "can" is not the right word, more like "willing".[/quote']

Thanks for the sarcasm, appreciate it mate :):):)

Bernard is way overpriced. Decent player but you're getting ripped off paying that much. I wouldn't want him at Liverpool for that price

He's been on loan the past two seasons (Bolton and Wigan)' date=' unfortunately injuries have stunted his progression.[/quote']

I know I know, I was just saying that cos people on here were saying he should play in your u21s. I still have faith in him. He was good at Bolton and if he avoids injury he could do well again. Rumor are he could go to feynoord. That would be a good move

Rearrange the following words; calling' date=' kettle, the, pot, black.[/quote']

Or not and you go with what I originally said considering you never listen to what anyone else says hence the brick wall remark (as you never take stuff in). As for the rest I say the truth, you are truly depressing and moronic, I can only imagine you in a dark room with a picture of Mr Burns... You ain't nothing Infernito, you just a depressed boy.

Or not and you go with what I originally said considering you never listen to what anyone else says hence the brick wall remark (as you never take stuff in). As for the rest I say the truth' date=' you are truly depressing and moronic, I can only imagine you in a dark room with a picture of Mr Burns... You ain't nothing Infernito, you just a depressed boy.[/quote']

There is something seriously wrong with you.

Ironic you're calling me depressed when an over the top reaction in situation that doesn't call for it, like your's, smacks of depression.

Or not and you go with what I originally said considering you never listen to what anyone else says hence the brick wall remark (as you never take stuff in). As for the rest I say the truth' date=' you are truly depressing and moronic, I can only imagine you in a dark room with a picture of Mr Burns... You ain't nothing Infernito, you just a depressed boy.[/quote']

Please can you argue the point and not the person, as stated in the forum rules.

I personally find describing someone as a brick wall and ending the line with 'Fin' a little hypocritical :P

Onto Arsenal, if not Bernard, who do you think you'll bring in. I can't see you signing nobody after the funds talked about earlier in the window, even if it isn't a world class standard player.

Please can you argue the point and not the person' date=' as stated in the forum rules.

I personally find describing someone as a brick wall and ending the line with 'Fin' a little hypocritical :P

Onto Arsenal, if not Bernard, who do you think you'll bring in. I can't see you signing nobody after the funds talked about earlier in the window, even if it isn't a world class standard player.[/quote']

Sometimes to beat a brick you have to be a brick... Or something like that haha. Not a clue every other day it's someone new, I think we just have a hat with names in it and we pull one out every now and then to get fans thinking we have ambition.

Onto Arsenal' date=' if not Bernard, who do you think you'll bring in. I can't see you signing nobody after the funds talked about earlier in the window, even if it isn't a world class standard player.[/quote']

It's an interesting question and to be honest, I genuinely don't know. I'd guess that Suarez would be the most likely but I think he has to force the move (thus driving his price down) for it to happen. At this point everything is still rumour and speculation. Arsenal are notoriously secretive when it comes to transfers so I would expect that at least one signing will completely come out of the blue.

I'd be lying however if I said to you that I didn't think we would have signed anyone by 22nd July. I think more will become clear after we get back from Japan. THAT is the time for things to happen in my view. The season will only be a couple of weeks away and the Emirates Cup would be a great opportunity to show off any new signings.