Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Onto Arsenal' date=' if not Bernard, who do you think you'll bring in. I can't see you signing nobody after the funds talked about earlier in the window, even if it isn't a world class standard player.[/quote']

It's an interesting question and to be honest, I genuinely don't know. I'd guess that Suarez would be the most likely but I think he has to force the move (thus driving his price down) for it to happen. At this point everything is still rumour and speculation. Arsenal are notoriously secretive when it comes to transfers so I would expect that at least one signing will completely come out of the blue.

I'd be lying however if I said to you that I didn't think we would have signed anyone by 22nd July. I think more will become clear after we get back from Japan. THAT is the time for things to happen in my view. The season will only be a couple of weeks away and the Emirates Cup would be a great opportunity to show off any new signings.

Fab

Jenkinson Sanga Mertesacker Gibbs

Ramsey Arteta

Rosicky

Walcott Giroud Miaichi

- Team against Nagoya

I quite like that team on paper, of course Ryo won't last but stick Cazorla in there and its as good as it gets really.

I might be alone here but I thought Fabianski was immense from Bayern onwards and if he didn't get injured he might have cemented himself as no.1.

I didn't want Szczesny back in the team with Fab in that form.

;2664696']This world beater is yet to come' date=' tick-tock goes the clock Ivan.[/quote']

I've decided I'm gonna focus on the players that are here.

I think Giroud has shown he can be trusted and should be given a chance to be the main man. Arteta is doing a Pirlo style DM for us quite well and Sagna can cover at CB. We're a strong team already.

Lets see how we fare against Urawa, my favourite J-League team.

Fab

Jenkinson Sanga Mertesacker Gibbs

Ramsey Arteta

Rosicky

Walcott Giroud Miaichi

- Team against Nagoya

I quite like that team on paper' date=' of course Ryo won't last but stick Cazorla in there and its as good as it gets really.

I might be alone here but I thought Fabianski was immense from Bayern onwards and if he didn't get injured he might have cemented himself as no.1.

I didn't want Szczesny back in the team with Fab in that form.[/quote']

Fabianski seemed very poor today though. I would be biased on this one as Sez is one of my personal favourites.

Whisper it quietly but according to reliable journalists in South America; we're very close to Bernand and close to Suarez' date=' according to a man who broke the Cavani transfer. Shh.[/quote']

pahaha reliable journalists ;) Dont believe anything until its announced officially, you should have learned that by now.

pahaha reliable journalists ;) Dont believe anything until its announced officially' date=' you should have learned that by now.[/quote']

That's why i said whisper it quietly. Seems to know his stuff about Uruguayans though; as well as Cavani, he also got the Coates transfer to Liverpool right, as well.

pahaha reliable journalists ;) Dont believe anything until its announced officially' date=' you should have learned that by now.[/quote']

Real Talk! I would welcome Bernard but I don't really have a clue who he is other than Youtube, and like someone told me before. "Youtube can make James McFadden look amazing".

Just curious to you and everyone.

Would you rate Zelalem higher than Eisfeld?

I haven't actually watched any of the preseason, only highlights so I can't really provide any fair comparison of the two. However some people on youtube have made compilation videos of Zelalem for the tour and he seems quite brilliant.

I have seen them both play once for u21s against Liverpool and Zelalem was better so clearly that means he is a better player... ;)

From what I've seen on tour, yes. It also sounds like the hype surrounding Eisfeld is starting to diffuse. For the youth team, I've heard Eisfeld is fantastic for about 20 minutes, and anonymous for the other 70. Zelalem's eye for a pass on tour has been scary good.

Yes sorry' date=' I'm not a good multi-tasker and was looking at a Fiorentina team on SM, yes he's turned down Napoli :o[/font']

It's okay, :) I was just a bit confused at first. Higuain just doesn't know when to make up his mind. If I was Napoli, I'd be furious with him. He's not worth more than 25 million in my honest opinion.

It's okay' date=' :) I was just a bit confused at first. Higuain just doesn't know when to make up his mind. If I was Napoli, I'd be furious with him. He's not worth more than 25 million in my honest opinion.[/quote']

He should of made his mind up from day one when the teams who showed interest in him, Basically I think he's just looking for the best contract at this stage.

If he wanted to play for Arsenal well then he would of signed when Arsenal where showing heavy interest in him ? :P

Not as simple as that though, is it? Real Madrid dragged their heels and the deal didn't get done. You can have all the will in the world to come but if your club is stubborn then there's not a lot you can do. You'd probably have to go on strike or something equally stupid like release a statement like a moaning little woman.