Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Not as simple as that though' date=' is it? Real Madrid dragged their heels and the deal didn't get done. You can have all the will in the world to come but if your club is stubborn then there's not a lot you can do. You'd probably have to go on strike or something equally stupid like release a statement like a moaning little woman.[/quote']

Real Madrid never made a big deal over the transfer of this player, they set out there fee for him and Arsenal just never wanted to meet the fee, always trying to bring it down lower, so really Real Madrid are not to blame, Fee was set then it was up to the club and player to agree contract and personal details.

Real Madrid never made a big deal over the transfer of this player' date=' they set out there fee for him and Arsenal just never wanted to meet the fee, always trying to bring it down lower, so really Real Madrid are not to blame, Fee was set then it was up to the club and player to agree contract and personal details.[/font']

Not this time. All the sources I've seen have said Madrid hike the fee up by another 10 million euros. I suppose what you have remember is that if Higuain did leave, that'd leave them with Benzema as they're only out and out striker so if they didn't find a replacement, a price hike would be natural.

Real Madrid never made a big deal over the transfer of this player' date=' they set out there fee for him and Arsenal just never wanted to meet the fee, always trying to bring it down lower, so really Real Madrid are not to blame, Fee was set then it was up to the club and player to agree contract and personal details.[/font']

Check your sources. We bid 22 mil plus add ons which was at first accepted. We also agreed a contract with the player himself in France. However once Cavani joined PSG it meant that Chelsea and Man City supposed target was no longer available. Real then thought they could back track and put an extra 10 million on the deal due to higher demand... If they go back to the original price then we would of signed him. As I said though, check your sources.

Not this time. All the sources I've seen have said Madrid hike the fee up by another 10 million euros. I suppose what you have remember is that if Higuain did leave' date=' that'd leave them with Benzema as they're only out and out striker so if they didn't find a replacement, a price hike would be natural.[/quote']

That, and Ancelotti may well value the player higher/want to sell him less. The price hike came about around the time of his appointment.

Just match the fee Napoli were paying and sign him for god sake. I'd be so annoyed if I was an arsenal fan

What do you mean?

They put him up for 25 million which we agree'd.

They then upped their price to 33+ million.

Napoli, like Arsenal are not prepared to make that offer.

What do you mean?

Napoli' date=' like Arsenal are not prepared to make that offer.[/quote']

Well,Napoli agreed the fee from a few days ago and tonight they convinced Higgy and his father to finally sign with them.So how aren't Napoli prepared to make that offer? :confused:

Well' date='Napoli agreed the fee from a few days ago and tonight they convinced Higgy and his father to finally sign with them.So how aren't Napoli prepared to make that offer? :confused:[/quote']

I haven't seen anything...

Can I have a source?

3s1ebm.jpg

HAHAHAHAH lol my sides are hurting with laughter :)

What do you mean?

Napoli' date=' like Arsenal are not prepared to make that offer.[/quote']

Napoli have agreed a +30 mil fee with Madrid. Its everywhere really. And now Higuain is stalling on the move. If you have to pay a few quid more than what he's worth then you've got to get him. World class strikers arent easy to find and he would completely change your team.

HAHAHAHAH lol my sides are hurting with laughter :)

Napoli have agreed a +30 mil fee with Madrid. Its everywhere really. And now Higuain is stalling on the move. If you have to pay a few quid more than what he's worth then you've got to get him. World class strikers arent easy to find and he would completely change your team.

You answered your own question though. He doesn't want Napoli. Plus we aren't the sort of club to be messed about. What Real did was poor, never go back on your word. I think morales have come into play now and if I was Arsene I would be outraged that Madrid pulled such a stunt. If they went back to the original agreed price then we would do the deal. That simple. If not we will look for someone else.

Napoli have had a bid accepted but Higuains preferred choice would be Arsenal.

He has given Arsenal 48 hours to match Napolis bid before he agrees terms with the Italians.

I would like to see him with Arsenal.I think it would be good for the league if he came there' date='and the fact that Arsenal need a good striker.[/i']

I would like to see him with Arsenal.I think it would be good for the league if he came there' date='and the fact that Arsenal need a good striker.[/i']

I would like him here as well. However I can't help but feel annoyed at how Real have done this. Takes a weak man too go back on his word.

My goodness sake, if Luis Suarez is worth 40mil, then Higuain should worth at least 30mil. Wenger just gotta fork out that extra money. Honestly, can't see any better striker currently available. The cheaper option like Aubemeyang have already been taken. Then Jovetic have already left to City the worst cash spender in the league.

Wasnt it a case of you wouldnt match their asking price' date=' then Ancelotti came in a decided he didnt want to sell him so easily and upped the price?[/quote']

From most sources it seems they want 25 million straight upfront fee. We as any team would do, made an offer of 22 million with bonuses if he scored a certain amount of goals and after a certain amount of appearances which would of made the deal 25 million +. They however noticed Falcoa join Monaco and Cavani join PSG and with clubs such as Man City and Juventus and Chelsea etc all supposedly looking for a striker, they upped the price to 35 million. Which I find rather disrespectful to the club you was negotiating with. For once the blame lies with Madrid or shall I say Perez, not Arsenal and Wenger.

From most sources it seems they want 25 million straight upfront fee. We as any team would do' date=' made an offer of 22 million with bonuses if he scored a certain amount of goals and after a certain amount of appearances which would of made the deal 25 million +. They however noticed Falcoa join Monaco and Cavani join PSG and with clubs such as Man City and Juventus and Chelsea etc all supposedly looking for a striker, they upped the price to 35 million. Which I find rather disrespectful to the club you was negotiating with. For once the blame lies with Madrid or shall I say Perez, not Arsenal and Wenger.[/quote']

From what resources i have been through, RM were happy to sell at the agreed price but Ancelotti came in and said if they want him he will cost £30m.

Nothing wrong with that, as a new manager was drafted in and he didn't want the player sold for less than he values him at, and clearly he was correct as he can get £30m from Italy.

From what resources i have been through' date=' RM were happy to sell at the agreed price but Ancelotti came in and said if they want him he will cost £30m.

Nothing wrong with that, as a new manager was drafted in and he didn't want the player sold for less than he values him at, and clearly he was correct as he can get £30m from Italy.[/quote']

I agree that he can get that sum for him however its seen as a deadly move in business to change the agreed fee regardless of why. I can guarantee that the board at Arsenal didn't take kindly to these actions.

I agree that he can get that sum for him however its seen as a deadly move in business to change the agreed fee regardless of why. I can guarantee that the board at Arsenal didn't take kindly to these actions.

You agreed the original fee with the wrong person/at the wrong time though. A new manager coming in could always have changed things.

Besides, I thought your bid was £23m and they wanted £27m?

You agreed the original fee with the wrong person/at the wrong time though. A new manager coming in could always have changed things.

Besides' date=' I thought your bid was £23m and they wanted £27m?[/quote']

True, however Florentino Perez has been around long enough to know how to conduct business. I think they ended up agreeing that a package of 22 million straight up with bonuses which would make it go over 25 million. Whenever any team has a price tag you always try and bargain it down though so I see no fault on our behalf.