Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Would you welcome Suarez Josh?

I think anyone that wouldn't would be stupid. His positives (his ability and goalscoring prowess) far out-weighs his downsides.

He's a player we desperately need, someone that can make something out of nothing; the reason we didn't win a game against any of the top three last season is because we didn't have that little spark, and when things got tough, we didn't have somebody we can rely on.

Whatever you think of the bloke personally, you can't doubt the ability he has.

I do also believe that should he misbehave, we would deal with the issue far better than what Liverpool did (no offence) although I think he would be stupid to try anything again.

There is the slight issue though that he misses the first 6(?) games of the PL season, which would include the game against Tottenumb.

I really don't want suarez at Arsenal I hope we don't sign him plus won't happen anyway which makes me happy :D . I really don't care how good he is. imaging having to defend every stupid things he does on the pitch

It'll probably be worth it though, so long as he doesn't do a Torres. I'm still unsure if Wenger is actually planning to spend 42 million on a player who's suspended at the start of the season. If he does join, it'll be a worthy risk especially with all the good strikers going elsewhere. Personally, I don't see this happening if we are going to spend 40+ million and I also don't believe that we're signing Bernard but if either of them join then I won't be complaining.

I never said this before' date=' but I have a feeling we will get Bernard. Lot of reports and you can see there is some truth behind it from what he said.

From SkySports.[/quote']

The main thing I wonder is, what's so special about "..from Thursday onwards."? His quote suggests that the reports of a deal being finalized at the end of this week could ring true, even though Wenger has dismissed all the link.

And the tweets fly in from all directions

BREAKING - O Tempo who were the first to launch Bernard rumor have confirmed that #AFC captured the player yesterday for £21M & €3M salary.

https://twitter.com/BrazilStats/status/359667940557201408

If what I've been told today is right - Arsenal are still set to sign 2/3 players, poss before the Emirates Cup which is 10 days away

https://twitter.com/BroadcastMoose/status/359708148522688513

Reason for my excitement is I've just had it from a top source that Suarez is "9/10 joining Arsenal" #afc

https://twitter.com/DLDN22/status/359672498821935104

The main thing I wonder is' date=' what's so special about "..from Thursday onwards."? His quote suggests that the reports of a deal being finalized at the end of this week could ring true, even though Wenger has dismissed all the link.[/quote']

It is simply because his club A.Minerio are playing the 2nd leg of the Libertadores final (equivalent of Champions League in Europe) against Olimpia on Wed night.

Simply saying he is fully concentrating on that game and then from then onwards (ie Thursday) he can set about talking/finalising his future.

Supposedly Roma's director is in London to finalize a deal for Gervinho. I have to say, it will be a little bittersweet if he leaves. He has so much potential to succeed at Arsenal, but things just haven't worked out.

http://www.football-italia.net/36719/roma-fly-gervinho

If he goes, we'll certainly need another winger, unless Wenger wants Gnabry to firmly step into the first team and get some meaningful games under his belt.

Ive watched alot of Atletico Minierio in the Copa Libe on ESPN. Bernard was really good in the groups but lately he doesnt look as impressive. He did score a decent goal the other week in the semi-final.

Lots of people on the forum who have seen more of him say hes not ready for a move to Europe just yet.

I would of thought most Brazilian players would stay in the league until after the WC, so I have my doubts that he will join us, or any of club outside Brazil.

It is simply because his club A.Minerio are playing the 2nd leg of the Libertadores final (equivalent of Champions League in Europe) against Olimpia on Wed night.

Simply saying he is fully concentrating on that game and then from then onwards (ie Thursday) he can set about talking/finalising his future.

Thanks for this. I knew he was playing in the Cup, but I had no idea it was the final.

No more need for me to expectantly hold my breath for all of Thursday waiting for no deal to materialize:D

Supposedly Roma's director is in London to finalize a deal for Gervinho. I have to say' date=' it will be a little bittersweet if he leaves. He has so much potential to succeed at Arsenal, but things just haven't worked out.

[url']http://www.football-italia.net/36719/roma-fly-gervinho[/url]

If he goes, we'll certainly need another winger, unless Wenger wants Gnabry to firmly step into the first team and get some meaningful games under his belt.

It's a good move for him though as He get's to play for Rudi Garcia who used him greatly at Lille. :) Plus the 8 million that Arsenal gets can be put into Suarez if Arsenal plans to really buy the Uruguayan.

Anyone know if Miyaichi is going on loan next season or perhaps He'll be called up in Gervinho's place?

HAHAHAHAH lol my sides are hurting with laughter :)

Napoli have agreed a +30 mil fee with Madrid. Its everywhere really. And now Higuain is stalling on the move. If you have to pay a few quid more than what he's worth then you've got to get him. World class strikers arent easy to find and he would completely change your team.

To be fair Madrid are only doing to us what we did to United with RVP.

If you want the player that badly, he is under contract and the selling club have all the power.

Put up or shutup.

We have rejected your new bid for Suarez of £40,000,001

You really are tight, he don't have a "release clause" he has a "has to be informed of any offer over 40M clause"

£1 extra :P:p

Quite frankly given how desperate you especially if Higuain does go to Napoli I think we can demand you pay closer to a "Torres fee" or else it aint happening, unless we get a frighteningly big sum of money I cant see us strengthening the one side in the Top four that we might have any (even then it is slim) of overtaking.

On the other hand if Madrid come in and offer what you have offered I think we would accept it.

Premier to premier comes at a Premium just like you did with RVP but for what he gave United he is worth every penny just like Suarez would be worth every penny of a Torres like fee for what he would give you.

Guy is a genius......genius costs

Ive watched alot of Atletico Minierio in the Copa Libe on ESPN. Bernard was really good in the groups but lately he doesnt look as impressive. He did score a decent goal the other week in the semi-final.

Lots of people on the forum who have seen more of him say hes not ready for a move to Europe just yet.

I would of thought most Brazilian players would stay in the league until after the WC' date=' so I have my doubts that he will join us, or any of club outside Brazil.[/quote']

I agree that he is not particularly ready but to stand a chance with this kind of player teams need to get him now. If not, it will be another Lucas where he goes for ridiculous money straight away to a money bags side.

I will personally be devastated if you get him, i'm convinced he will be a success in Europe and better than Oscar.

We have rejected your new bid for Suarez of £40' date='000,001

You really are tight, he don't have a "release clause" he has a "has to be informed of any offer over 40M clause"[/b']

£1 extra :P:p

Quite frankly given how desperate you especially if Higuain does go to Napoli I think we can demand you pay closer to a "Torres fee" or else it aint happening, unless we get a frighteningly big sum of money I cant see us strengthening the one side in the Top four that we might have any (even then it is slim) of overtaking.

On the other hand if Madrid come in and offer what you have offered I think we would accept it.

Premier to premier comes at a Premium just like you did with RVP but for what he gave United he is worth every penny just like Suarez would be worth every penny of a Torres like fee for what he would give you.

Guy is a genius......genius costs

hahahaha ray you actually believe arsenal made that offer. even if we did I am glad it rejected :D but I am 100% the was no bid at all. this is arsenal we are talking about we don't spend 30 million or never mind 40 million on one player doesnt happen will never happen as long as we have Arsene wenger and the current board.

I really hope Suarez goes to madrid I pray to god he does. we gonna miss on highiain anyway doesn't matter anymore

I agree that he is not particularly ready but to stand a chance with this kind of player teams need to get him now. If not' date=' it will be another Lucas where he goes for ridiculous money straight away to a money bags side.

I will personally be devastated if you get him, i'm convinced he will be a success in Europe and better than Oscar.[/quote']

Yeah your problably right. Another good season at Miniero and possibly a good WC if he gets in the side will jack the price up even more.

If he can be better the Oscar then ill definately want him :P Although he has alot of improving to reach his level from the games ive seen him in

hahahaha ray you actually believe arsenal made that offer. even if we did I am glad it rejected :D but I am 100% the was no bid at all. this is arsenal we are talking about we don't spend 30 million or never mind 40 million on one player doesnt happen will never happen as long as we have Arsene wenger and the current board.

I really hope Suarez goes to madrid I pray to god he does. we gonna miss on highiain anyway doesn't matter anymore

If Higgers goes Suarez is pretty much our last bet, I dunno why you would be so against him joining?

Some transfer rumours:

The Daily Star now reports that Wenger has turned his attention to Eduardo Salvio of Benfica. Salvio played a big role in Benfica’s Europa League campaign, which culminated in losing the final to Chelsea. The right winger is known for his defensive commitment as well as his ability to score.
:confused:
“Atletico Mineiro’s Bernard is going to join Arsenal.” Even French sports daily L’Equipe had confirmed the news, saying that the winger would be moving to the Emirates after the Copa Libertadores.

However, Arsene Wenger completely dismissed the news from his presence, telling The Daily Mirror: “That report is not true”.

Gunners are hoping that they could easily snap up a deal for Manchester United’s Player of the Year last season in Michael Carrick. Arsene Wenger is said to be a fan of Carrick’s play and had attempted to sign the 31 year old England international twice before according to the The Daily Star

:rolleyes:

If Higgers goes Suarez is pretty much our last bet' date=' I dunno why you would be so against him joining?[/quote']

I know bro I don't like suarez since the world cup don't get me wrong is a world class player but can you imaging defending him after the silly things he does on the pitch for example he end up bitting van persie ( I will love to see that)

plus there so many factor this deal just wont happen first we have wenger that guy so stubborn it almost shocking then we have the board who will much rather arsenal make profit and finish in the top four then winning anything so thats why this deal WILL NEVER HAPPEN!

If Higgers goes Suarez is pretty much our last bet' date=' I dunno why you would be so against him joining?[/quote']

If we missed ou on CL i wouldnt mind if it was soley because we didnt sign suarez. i do not like him, the dives etc, and ofc i can never live down the animalistic savagery he did against ivanovic. Guys a genius player on the field sometimes but i stoutly do not want him, even if he could score us 30 goals. We are capable of getting UCL without him let alone winning the title, just stump up the cash for Higuain already, even Jovetic was available.

If we ened up with Suarez because Wenger waited to long to get a bargain and ends up having to pay an exuberant sum on the only BIG striker left on the market who is an animal, ill be very disappointed in him.

No mention of Miquel there though, he would do as back up/cover for gibbs for a few rounds, may not even need to play, but surely deserves the chancee if needed. better than buyig another LB for the sake of a few rounds then getting stuck with them.