Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Really poor display today. Lucky to have won that game. Theo had a striker of a match and didn't seem interested.

Oh well though can't really moan as it is pre season and you expect the odd hiccup. Glad that Akpom used his awareness to scores the winning goal even if it was handed too him on a plate.

I've got my tickets for the Emirates cup has anyone else? They are for sale for £25 which is good because it covers both Napoli and Galatasaray.

Is it just three teams in the Emirates cup this year?

Really poor display today. Lucky to have won that game. Theo had a striker of a match and didn't seem interested.

Oh well though can't really moan as it is pre season and you expect the odd hiccup. Glad that Akpom used his awareness to scores the winning goal even if it was handed too him on a plate.

I've got my tickets for the Emirates cup has anyone else? They are for sale for £25 which is good because it covers both Napoli and Galatasaray.

Is it just three teams in the Emirates cup this year?

FC Porto are the 4th team Jay, But like most years there is always one team we dont meet.

Interesting to see that Gnabry is the only youngster (along with Miquel) who starts with the Senior team in the pre-Season friendlies, the others (Zelalam, Eisfeld, Olsson etc.) all seem to play together whereas Gnabry pretty much is always used with the first team. I wonder if we are going to see more of him this season then, as it would seem that Wenger is trying to get him familiar with the First XI.

We may be seeing a few Premier League appearances from him next season.

Interesting to see that Gnabry is the only youngster (along with Miquel) who starts with the Senior team in the pre-Season friendlies' date=' the others (Zelalam, Eisfeld, Olsson etc.) all seem to play together whereas Gnabry pretty much is always used with the first team. I wonder if we are going to see more of him this season then, as it would seem that Wenger is trying to get him familiar with the First XI.

We may be seeing a few Premier League appearances from him next season.[/quote']

I would think so. Supposedly a youngster called toral should feature more but I haven't seen him.

Interesting to see that Gnabry is the only youngster (along with Miquel) who starts with the Senior team in the pre-Season friendlies' date=' the others (Zelalam, Eisfeld, Olsson etc.) all seem to play together whereas Gnabry pretty much is always used with the first team. I wonder if we are going to see more of him this season then, as it would seem that Wenger is trying to get him familiar with the First XI.

We may be seeing a few Premier League appearances from him next season.[/quote']

I think we'll see more of Miyaichi than Gnabry this season. Wenger has already gone out and said that Miyaichi will stay with the first-team unless Arsenal buy another winger, in which case Miyaichi will most likely go out on loan.

I think we'll see more of Miyaichi than Gnabry this season. Wenger has already gone out and said that Miyaichi will stay with the first-team unless Arsenal buy another winger' date=' in which case Miyaichi will most likely go out on loan.[/quote']

I think he looked poor throughout the Asia tour. He lacked confidence, hardly made any good runs and never seemed to want the ball, my opinion's changed on him recently, I used to think he was a top prospect but I'm starting to think otherwise. But still, it's only pre-season I guess.

I think he looked poor throughout the Asia tour. He lacked confidence' date=' hardly made any good runs and never seemed to want the ball, my opinion's changed on him recently, I used to think he was a top prospect but I'm starting to think otherwise. But still, it's only pre-season I guess.[/quote']

He also isn't fully fit though. Wenger admitted that he played Miyaichi in Nagoya especially for sentimental reasons, but that he wouldn't have otherwise played due to injury. You could definitely tell that he wasn't at 100% against Nagoya, and while I didn't get to see it, I'm guessing this was the same case against Urawa.

They're probably waiting for Real to snatch Suarez off us so that they can rub it in our faces even more. :rolleyes:.

Higuain watched from the stands as Napoli beat Carpi 3-0. Pandev, Behrami and Dzemaili with the goals. Higuain, who is not officially a done deal but is just a matter of paperwork to complete with Madrid, as Higuain is all signed.

Suarez it is then;)

Higuain watched from the stands as Napoli beat Carpi 3-0. Pandev' date=' Behrami and Dzemaili with the goals. Higuain, who is not officially a done deal but is just a matter of paperwork to complete with Madrid, as Higuain is all signed.

Suarez it is then;)[/quote']

Its more than paperwork with Madrid - apparently his contract demands are holding up the transfer as well - I'd imagine he will sign for them, but a late big bid could still get Higuain.

On a side note I'd be annoyed if I had picked up Madrid in a gameworld in the past few days as hes still there player, but not in the game lol

That's the end of that then' date=' isn't it?

Everything Liverpool have said thus far makes me think he'll be sold.[/quote']

100% agree,obvious he doesnt want to stay at Liverpool,comments,body language the other night shows he would rather be anywhere but there,but have Arsenal the cojones to bid 50mil,because thats what it will take.

100% agree' date='obvious he doesnt want to stay at Liverpool,comments,body language the other night shows he would rather be anywhere but there,but have Arsenal the cojones to bid 50mil,because thats what it will take.[/quote']

Or sports arbitration. £40m is a really good deal though for both clubs because no striker will cost over £40m for Liverpool. Jackson Martinez, Soldado & Damiao would all be below that.

Or sports arbitration. £40m is a really good deal though for both clubs because no striker will cost over £40m for Liverpool. Jackson Martinez' date=' Soldado & Damiao would all be below that.[/quote']

Isn't the 40 million just a clause to allow Suarez to be notified?

50 million will get your man,a bought time the Arsenal made a statement,been far to long.

Isn't the 40 million just a clause to allow Suarez to be notified?

50 million will get your man' date='a bought time the Arsenal made a statement,been far to long.[/quote']

Theres been some controversy on the wording of the clause which could be debated in court. Right now there is no pressure on us to complete the deal but if Madrid come in then the pressure will be on.

Theres been some controversy on the wording of the clause which could be debated in court. Right now there is no pressure on us to complete the deal but if Madrid come in then the pressure will be on.

As it won't happen.

The same old opinion of we tried to sign the player we need. Suarez will join the likes of Higuain and Mata.

;2669744']As it won't happen.

The same old opinion of we tried to sign the player we need. Suarez will join the likes of Higuain and Mata.

I agree, cant see it happening, it seems like a dream that will end come 1st september. We've lost out on Higuain cause Napoli showed more passion than us, same could happen with Suarez. Hog said we should just drop 50m and I agree, if we really want him, the best way to make the statement would be to drop the big bucks or Madrid will come in a take him.

;2669744']As it won't happen.

I'm not sure,to me Suarez seems desperate to get out of Anfield,the signings of Liverpool are hugely untested,they look as far away as ever to make the top 4.

At least if Suarez goes to Arsenal,Champions league is pretty much a formality,given your previous qualification record.

Be massively suprised if he could achieve that at Anfield.

I'd love Arsenal to get Suarez though if we spent £50m I don't see us having much cash to strengthen in other areas ie defensive midfield. I cant help but think Real Madrid will realise at some point that Benzema and Ronaldo arent enough for a whole season.

If it were SM I'd buy Suarez, Fabregas, a defensive midfielder and someone to cover in central defence... :P

I'd love Arsenal to get Suarez though if we spent £50m I don't see us having much cash to strengthen in other areas ie defensive midfield. I cant help but think Real Madrid will realise at some point that Benzema and Ronaldo arent enough for a whole season.

If it were SM I'd buy Suarez' date=' Fabregas, a defensive midfielder and someone to cover in central defence... :P[/quote']

....Then finish mid-table because SM makes you drop unrealistic points to teams you should crush easily.

If it were SM I'd buy Suarez' date=' Fabregas, a defensive midfielder and someone to cover in central defence... :P[/quote']

Well even with 70m we wont be able to afford all those youd buy in SM. We've got 70m, so Suarez + a DM is more than affordable with our budget. We could then give Miquel a more important role in the squad so we'd have 4 centre backs + Sagna who is willing to play there too.

Well even with 70m we wont be able to afford all those youd buy in SM. We've got 70m' date=' so Suarez + a DM is more than affordable with our budget. We could then give Miquel a more important role in the squad so we'd have 4 centre backs + Sagna who is willing to play there too.[/quote']

Suarez would make a whole of difference,if he cuts out the silly stuff his ability is frightening.

Never mind faffing around with Gervinho,Giroud,Walcott,Suarez is in the top 6 strikers in the world.

As stated before it depends on your ambition or wether you want to achieve something,other than 4th.