Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

As I said he told me about Suarez weeks before the media knew. I even said it in here.

Sounds like he should keep his mouth shut and stop leaking club information (that's if I were to believe your claims). Who is this guy? He needs to be given the boot!

fired1.jpg

Sounds like he should keep his mouth shut and stop leaking club information (that's if I were to believe your claims). Who is this guy? He needs to be given the boot!

fired1.jpg

He is a good guy and I have served him for years. If he don't tell me then one of the players will. I am fortunate with my work. Not trying to seem smug.

He is a good guy and I have served him for years. If he don't tell me then one of the players will. I am fortunate with my work. Not trying to seem smug.

What's smug about it? You meet a few people here and there that have a talent for kicking a ball around a pitch.

I'd much rather meet the men and women who serve our country ;)

Firstly Goal.... Lets not even mention that.

Secondly tell me where in that DM article he says he is staying? Remember to use the quoted parts. All I can find with actual quotes is that he has to judge him as a Real Madrid player. Nothing along the lines of him saying he isn't for sale or he isn't going sell him.

So is it really check and mate?

No.

In the Daily Mail article Ancelotti is quoted saying

I spoke to him this week. He is a Real Madrid player and until we have news we have to consider him as a Real Madrid player and I would like him to stay with us
Secondly' date=' Perez has been directly quoted by various sources saying that he now wants him to stay. He told Quatro TV station.
While talking about Gonzalo Higuain, Florentino Perez said, “We do not want him to leave. Besides, I can assure you that Arsenal have yet to come here nor make any offer, of €10m, €27m or anything.. There is no offer; no-one has come forward to offer anything.”
That is a fact, believe him or not but that is what he said.

What's smug about it? You meet a few people here and there that have a talent for kicking a ball around a pitch.

I'd much rather meet the men and women who serve our country ;)

Totally agree dude. I just know how some people on these forums think.

In the Daily Mail article Ancelotti is quoted saying Secondly' date=' Perez has been directly quoted by various sources saying that he now wants him to stay. He told Quatro TV station. That is a fact, believe him or not but that is what he said.[/quote']

Fair enough, not 100% sold on the sources but it had some quotes which is interesting. However I am sure you can find many quotes with Perez saying he is leaving and even Gonzalo himself saying that.

Anyway it's done now. Arsenal still have time to improve their team so lets just wait and see.

Fair enough' date=' not 100% sold on the sources but it had some quotes which is interesting. However I am sure you can find many quotes with Perez saying he is leaving and even Gonzalo himself saying that.

Anyway it's done now. Arsenal still have time to improve their team so lets just wait and see.[/quote']

And hopefully they will leave Suarez where he belongs :o

They look alot stronger than last season' date=' with some great signings. Chelsea aswell have improved an already great squad, and arguably the best manager in the world

I dont think we will finish above those two if we make no signings. Still think United is a stronger side and Moyes will do well once he has settled. Spurs have also made massive improvements.

If anything I would say we have even less chance of [b']winning a title[/b] than last season as things stand. And my opinion wont change until a 20+ goal striker and a world class DM joins.

Who said anything about winning?

#Challenging

I should of said he deals with the foreign exchange so if a player is going on holiday the club pays his wages in whatever format they want such as USD and EUR. He then comes too me to get a better rate.

I wouldn't think he is allowed' date=' however I don't ask that question I just ask key questions that can help me with info or putting on bets. Not going to lie though I lost £20 on Huguain to Arsenal... [b']It's coming our of his next exchange rate[/b] lol.

Sore loser! :P

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2013/07/24/4140080/ramsey-expects-fabregas-to-stay-at-barcelona?ICID=MR_DM_1

Classic goal.com non-story filled with un-closed quotes.

However, the last paragraph is interesting.

Makes me think there was a team meeting and 'in-contention' was Wenger's buzzword.

Looking at the fixtures it hit me...

If we're still 'in contention' by April we'd have a great set of fixtures to win the league...One can dream eh?

http://www.arsenal.com/fixtures/first-team

All depends on who we sign from now until the end of the window, for me.

If we get Suarez, as well as a few good additions to the squad, and key players (like Wilshere) stay fit then I see no reason why we couldn't win the title next season.

However, if we don't sign the players that we need I fear we'll have another battle for 4th on our hands and quite frankly that will not be an acceptable minimum target for next season.

However' date=' if we don't sign the players that we need I fear we'll have another battle for 4th on our hands and quite frankly that will not be an acceptable minimum target for next season.[/quote']

And with the way Spurs are improving their squad while we sit here doing Jack-, they will more than likely over-take us.

And with the way Spurs are improving their squad while we sit here doing Jack-' date=' they will more than likely over-take us.[/quote']

It's an interesting one that. I'm not sure whether they'll be stronger with Bale, or with around 60-80M to spend on players should he depart.

That aside though, I think Tottenham will be a threat with or without Bale for fourth. However, I still feel it is up to us as to where we finish and who we are challenging in the table. If we buy and buy well, we'll be competing with Chelsea, City etc. If we don't buy or buy poorly, we'll be fighting for Champions League with Spurs.

I can't see any way Spurs will overtake us if we have Suarez in our team to be honest.

It's an interesting one that. I'm not sure whether they'll be stronger with Bale' date=' or with around 60-80M to spend on players should he depart.

That aside though, I think Tottenham will be a threat with or without Bale for fourth. However, I still feel it is up to us as to where we finish and who we are challenging in the table. If we buy and buy well, we'll be competing with Chelsea, City etc. If we don't buy or buy poorly, we'll be fighting for Champions League with Spurs.

I can't see any way Spurs will overtake us if we have Suarez in our team to be honest.[/quote']

Oh don't get me wrong if we get Suarez we'll be a real force, but we're still one or two injuries away from mediocrity, especially at the back. If Kosc or Mert get injured who have we got? Vermaelen's injured for a month or two, Djourou's gone (thank God), that leaves us with Miquel who's not ready yet. Same at left-back, Gibbs is injury prone and we've already got Monreal out (not sure how long for) that again leaves us with Miquel who is, in my opinion, poor at LB. Our depth has improved over the years but we are still nowhere near the depth that the likes of City have, all-be-it we don't spend their amount of money but still, you get my drift?

And of course, we're all still waiting for that defensive-midfielder that we've been crying out for since Gilberto Silva left.

Oh don't get me wrong if we get Suarez we'll be a real force' date=' but we're still one or two injuries away from mediocrity, especially at the back. If Kosc or Mert get injured who have we got? Vermaelen's injured for a month or two, Djourou's gone (thank God), that leaves us with Miquel who's not ready yet. Same at left-back, Gibbs is injury prone and we've already got Monreal out (not sure how long for) that again leaves us with Miquel who is, in my opinion, poor at LB. Our depth has improved over the years but we are still nowhere near the depth that the likes of City have, all-be-it we don't spend their amount of money but still, you get my drift?

And of course, we're all still waiting for that defensive-midfielder that we've been crying out for since Gilberto Silva left.[/quote']

Your spot on there, lack of numbers to cover potential injuries is a big problem at the minute. We definitely need a CB before the end of the window, no one spectacular but someone to provide cover for Mert and Kos. Miquel, like you say, is clearly not good enough to fill in at either CB or LB and I fear he never will be to be brutally honest, not without a loan move anyway.

Of course, we'll struggle to have the depth of City/Chelsea but hopefully with a few additions the squad would be strong enough to mount a title charge. I also genuinely believe our starting XI (with Suarez) is as good as anyone's in the league. It's when injuries occur that we'll need that squad depth to cope and keep up a title challenge.

Defensive midfield is a position I'd like us to look at. Again, I don't think we need a world beater, but we do need someone to cover for Arteta when he's injured or loses form. I couldn't give you any name I think we should buy but I'm sure there's players out there to fulfil the role, at least for next season anyway.

We won't be competing for the Premierleague title next season' date=' We need 4/5 1st team signings and that certainly won't be happening.

Mourinho has it in the bag..[/quote']

I think we need 1 world class player (Suarez) in addition to 2/3 squad players to be honest.

I wouldn't be too pessimistic at this point. We still have time to buy and I think whoever wins the title will win it by the smallest of margins. No one will walk away with it and certainly not Mourinho IMO.

I think we need 1 world class player (Suarez) in addition to 2/3 squad players to be honest.

I wouldn't be too pessimistic at this point. We still have time to buy and I think whoever wins the title will win it by the smallest of margins. No one will walk away with it and certainly not Mourinho IMO.

Mourinho has more chance of winning the league by 40 points than you do at all.

That's the reality