Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

All legends' date=' all champions all have invaluable knowledge and experience.

Talking of champions, I just won a league title. Went to the final game needed a win and got it. Victory is so sweet in SM. 2 ex gunners in the team if that makes it relevant.[/quote']

Vieira isn't a legend; I've explained this before. His annual flirting with Real Madrid ruined his chances of having that status. And Platt is not even close.

Vieira isn't a legend; I've explained this before. His annual flirting with Real Madrid ruined his chances of having that status. And Platt is not even close.

If that's your theory, then Henry wouldn't be a legend in our club too because he left for Barca. However, he is still consider as legend. Legend like Bergkamp isn't even as popular as Henry. Although I don't consider Viera is a legend too but he is our best DM we ever had.

This spells the end of the conversation. There is no logic or common sense behind that statement at all.

Why wouldn't there be. I wouldn't understand what you are trying to achieve here by saying it no sense but obviously it does make sense because Viera is already a legend for Arsenal. The best DM we ever had, please get some sense into yourself if you are silly enough not to notice that. What does flirting has anything to do with not being a legend. Mind to explain?

Why wouldn't there be. I wouldn't understand what you are trying to achieve here by saying it no sense but obviously it does make sense because Viera is already a legend for Arsenal. The best DM we ever had' date=' please get some sense into yourself if you are silly enough not to notice that. What does flirting has anything to do with not being a legend. Mind to explain?[/quote']

He's a great player, not a legend. You achieve legend status by more then your accomplishments on the field. You conduct yourself in the right manner. You compare Henry's leaving and Vieira's but there is a slight difference. At no point in his Arsenal career did Henry openly look for a move. Vieira did it on an annual basis. If you flirt constantly with other teams i fail to see how he warrants being called a legend.

As we are talking about legends of Arsenal. I read today that former Arsenal and England legend kenny Samson has been found homeless. Sad to see a great fall on hard times.

Yeah it's a shame that. I've heard that the club and the PFA are offering him the necessary help and support to get back on his feet though. Unfortunately it seems like he'll need both short and long term help, he has pretty bad gambling and alcohol addictions.

Yeah it's a shame that. I've heard that the club and the PFA are offering him the necessary help and support to get back on his feet though. Unfortunately it seems like he'll need both short and long term help' date=' he has pretty bad gambling and alcohol addictions.[/quote']

Yeah I have been looking into it recently. At least he knows he needs to change, that's first step of many too come. I can only wish the man the best.

I just can't wait for the Emirates Cup.

We should be seeing the team in decent shape by then.

Yet again.

Highlight will be probably seeing Sanogo play' date=' which a[b'] possible[/b] title contending team should be thinking about.

The traditional we tried to sign someone technique again.

;2678003']Yet again.

Highlight will be probably seeing Sanogo play' date=' which a[b'] possible[/b] title contending team should be thinking about.

The traditional we tried to sign someone technique again.

I think he's better than people realise, will be good to see if he can play wide in our system and how he changes our game if he plays central.

Higuain said

Arsenal and Juventus? I spoke with my Argentinean friends who played in Naples and they told me positives about the city and the fans, so I decided to come here.

This is a growing team. And the San Paolo is a mythical stadium.

I am happy and proud to be part of this team.

So it seems like we were never getting at the first place for Higuain thanks to his Argentine mates. Also read an article, it says that Wenger is not going to break the bank for Suarez. Heard it was the board who forced Wenger to offer 40mil for Suarez in the first place.

Apparently Gustavo's been allowed to leave' date=' God I hope we get him.[/quote']

I'm not his biggest fan but I'd take him over not getting a holding midfielder at all. Plus, I'd imagine we'd be able to get him for a very cheap price as well.

Is anyone else hearing these links with Mathias Ginter re-surfacing in the past few days? Could be a decent fourth CB, albeit one that would need time to develop.

Is anyone else hearing these links with Mathias Ginter re-surfacing in the past few days? Could be a decent fourth CB' date=' albeit one that would need time to develop.[/quote']

Yeah, I dunno where but I heard we had a bid accepted for him. Great little player, just wondering if he would get the game time necessary to develop and reach his potential.