Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Yeah' date=' I dunno where but I heard we had a bid accepted for him. Great little player, just wondering if he would get the game time necessary to develop and reach his potential.[/quote']

Yeah I heard a rumour that we might have struck a deal but we'll have to wait and see on that one.

I think he'd get enough games, what with Vermaelen being injured, but it'd be a risk to throw someone so young into the action at this level, especially in a position as important as CB or DM.

Having said that, Man City seemed to do a similar thing with Nastasic this season and he performed pretty admirably. That doesn't guarantee Ginter would perform in a similar vein but you see what I'm saying.

I guess we'll see over the coming weeks whether we sign the kid or not.

Yeah' date=' I dunno where but I heard we had a bid accepted for him. Great little player, just wondering if he would get the game time necessary to develop and reach his potential.[/quote']
I'm not his biggest fan but I'd take him over not getting a holding midfielder at all. Plus' date=' I'd imagine we'd be able to get him for a very cheap price as well.

Is anyone else hearing these links with Mathias Ginter re-surfacing in the past few days? Could be a decent fourth CB, albeit one that would need time to develop.[/quote']

Dont see why he would move. He's got guarenteed Europa League football at Freiburg whereas he wouldnt get a game at Arsenal. Buying him and then loaning him back there would be a good move for Arsenal as well as the player

Dont see why he would move. He's got guarenteed Europa League football at Freiburg whereas he wouldnt get a game at Arsenal. Buying him and then loaning him back there would be a good move for Arsenal as well as the player

I think he would get games, not huge amounts of game time but enough for someone of his age and at a club like Arsenal. I'm sure he would want to come to Arsenal but it's just whether he would be prepared to play less games than he would get at Freiburg.

I like your point about buying him and then loaning him back but Arsenal very, very rarely do this so that would seem an unlikely option. Also, we need a CB in this window really, meaning that if we did buy him and loan him back we would still need to buy another CB to act as cover for Kos/Mert.

Having watched the interview with Arsene Wenger' date=' it has now filled me with a belief that we may actually sign Suarez, I just hope it won't turn out to be another "We tried" case.[/quote']

Wait, what?

Only Wenger interview I've seen recently has been him saying FFP isn't working if Real can pay Spurs £87m for Bale. I highly doubt he's going to break the British transfer record to buy Suarez after moaning about the game's big transfers.

I never thought Wenger would spend a £70m 'warchest' this window but his lack of activity in the market is staggering.

I imagine the average Arsenal fan being like this every summer:

a_610x408.jpg

It's insane how such a great club can do so little. I love that Arsenal is run very well when it comes to the financial side of things (much like us) but one can exaggerate when it comes to saving money / lack of transfers.

Let's remember guys that there's still a few weeks of the window left and we can still make some big signings.

Don't get me wrong, I'm quite frustrated as I thought we would have signed at least one player by now, but as long as we sign the right players before the end of the window then I'll be happy.

One thing you have to remember with Arsenal is that we conduct our business under the utmost secrecy, signing players out of 'nowhere', if you get my meaning. Wenger rarely gives away any clues as to who we are signing, like when he said he'd "never heard of Cazorla" and went on to sign him a week later. We just have to wait until the end of the window, then judge.

Let's remember guys that there's still a few weeks of the window left and we can still make some big signings.

Don't get me wrong' date=' I'm quite frustrated as I thought we would have signed at least one player by now, but as long as we sign the right players before the end of the window then I'll be happy.

One thing you have to remember with Arsenal is that we conduct our business under the utmost secrecy, signing players out of 'nowhere', if you get my meaning. Wenger rarely gives away any clues as to who we are signing, like when he said he'd "never heard of Cazorla" and went on to sign him a week later. We just have to wait until the end of the window, then judge.[/quote']

Of course you are right mate. It's not like you didn't buy any players the previous seasons, in fact you bought quite a few every year.

I just find it half-amusing half-shocking what's been going on this summer so far. Reading the thread with great interest mostly and the names that are being thrown about and labeled as done deals (or at least close to being done) such as Jovetic, Higuain and Julio Cesar for example is.

Just pay up a bit more and get the players in early so everybody gets accustomed to each other and you don't struggle the first few games

I think its stretching out because Suarez is hoping the Bale bid from Real falls through. It does seem Arsenal is his second choice team and he is Real's second choice player at the mo.

Do you think the chances of Rooney going to Chelsea or Arsenal are now dead?

Not so sure about the first part, it seems to be that it's dragging out because Suarez hasn't handed in a transfer request yet and so hasn't forced Liverpool's hand so to speak. I believe as soon as Suarez starts throwing his toys out of the pram, like so many of our players did, Liverpool will have no choice but to sell him. After all, they would need to spend the money they get for him so I'd assume they would want to sell him ASAP really.

As for Rooney, I don't know to be honest. I think it's another one that will drag on and on.

Of course you are right mate. It's not like you didn't buy any players the previous seasons' date=' in fact you bought quite a few every year.

I just find it half-amusing half-shocking what's been going on this summer so far. Reading the thread with great interest mostly and the names that are being thrown about and labeled as done deals (or at least close to being done) such as Jovetic, Higuain and Julio Cesar for example is.

Just pay up a bit more and get the players in early so everybody gets accustomed to each other and you don't struggle the first few games[/quote']

I agree with you that we should have got business done earlier, but it's not always that easy. Admittedly we should have signed a few squad players by now but transfers for bigger players, especially if they are at English clubs, take a long time to thrash out.

One thing to remember though with the 'done deals' is that them stories mainly come from the ITK's on twitter and other forms of social media. I don't think it was ever a case that we agreed a deal with a player and then didn't want to pay up. Higuain is the exception to this but it seems to be common belief that we agreed a deal of 23M and then Real pushed this up to around 32M.

I see what you are saying about 'paying more just to get the deal done' but in the case with Higuain I don't think we can be blamed to be honest. I certainly don't think he's worth 32M and clearly Arsene didn't either.

In an ideal world, we would have got business done early and players could get used to each other etc but some of the teams we are negotiating with, like Liverpool, have made it difficult for us to get deals done quickly. This is why, as I think I said in a previous post, we need to wait for some of our targets to hand in transfer requests to get the wheels in motion. I genuinely believe we will sign at least one big player before the end of the window. If not, i'll be very disappointed and quite frankly, there will be no excuse.

Now, it's time when we should sign up Llajic already with Gervinho very likely to go to Roma. Might think Wenger is actually targeting a decent player with at least 1 year of contract left running. I highly doubt we will sign any striker. Don't think Suarez is coming to Arsenal to be honest.

Now' date=' it's time when we should sign up Llajic already with Gervinho very likely to go to Roma. Might think Wenger is actually targeting a decent player with at least 1 year of contract left running. I highly doubt we will sign any striker. Don't think Suarez is coming to Arsenal to be honest.[/quote']

not a world beater and i won't be sated until we do more, but Llajic would be a very good addition to our side offers alot and can be snapped up for a good price. Id be pleased with his signing.

not a world beater and i won't be sated until we do more' date=' but Llajic would be a very good addition to our side offers alot and can be snapped up for a good price. Id be pleased with his signing.[/quote']

Yes, not to mention he is only 21 going to reach 22 and he has all the ingredient to be a top player with the right team to nurture his potential.

Yes' date=' not to mention he is only 21 going to reach 22 and he has all the ingredient to be a top player with the right team to nurture his potential.[/quote']

Exactly, i wasn't being rude to him when i said he wasn't a world beater because he isn't currently. But he is young, talented and an honest hard-working player, and with a club like Arsenal to nurture him there is every chance he could become a real class act.

Having watched the interview with Arsene Wenger' date=' it has now filled me with a belief that we may actually sign Suarez, I just hope it won't turn out to be another "We tried" case.[/quote']

I wouldn't cling on to that, to be honest. Remember the Cavani talk in January? Smacks of that all over again to me.

Wenger is lying. He's afraid of spending big money in case it exposes him as the flawed, not even average manager he actually is. I gave him a bit of lee way but now it's time to stop believing the hyperbole. He's once again showing the complete lack of respect he has for Arsenal fans. I've never known a manager to lie as much. He really is a total disgrace.

*First rant of the 13/14 season.