Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

I remember the good old days of when we used to challenge for the Emirates Cup. Now we can't even do that. Gonna be another terrible year. Those last day celebrations look even more embarrassing now. That's what Wenger does to people; he humiliates them. He does it to the players who though nicking 4th last year would herald the start of something new. He's humiliated fans, even me, for thinking he'd dare to spend. The man is an absolute utter disgrace of a human being.

*rant NO, 2 Pre-13/14 season.

The game was so dull that your own fans resorted to doing Mexican waves to keep themselves entertained. Nybody who reads to much not pre-season friendly's though needs to check themselves the nature of these games does nothing to tell you abut how a season is going to go.

You don't need pre-season to tell you your team ain't good enough to compete for the Premier League or Champions League without at least 3 top class reinforcements and most definitely a striker, anybody who really thinks you can compete for any of the big ones with Giroud or Not so hot Pod as your main striker is in my mind deluded.

I think our friendly against you in Helsinki on Saturday will be very interesting. Your preseason was looking decent but you've recently struggled against opposition of any standard. The fact that you were smashing teams earlier on makes me think your fitness is excellent but that you're missing some quality. That makes Wenger's stance on transfers look a little bit ridiculous I'm afraid.

From a City point of view, we've competed very well with teams of a similar stature but it'll be important to know how Pellegrini's tactics step up against quality English opposition.

With squads as they stand (which obviously doesn't mean that much considering how debatable the futures of guys like Suarez and Bale are), where do you think you'll be finishing next season? Obviously it's a complete stab in the dark :) I think Chelsea and City have a big edge in terms of squad and will take the top two spots. Beyond that, I can't see beyond a big scrap for the remaining two CL spots between you, United, Spurs and Liverpool. Would make for a very good season to watch :)

I think our friendly against you in Helsinki on Saturday will be very interesting. Your preseason was looking decent but you've recently struggled against opposition of any standard. The fact that you were smashing teams earlier on makes me think your fitness is excellent but that you're missing some quality. That makes Wenger's stance on transfers look a little bit ridiculous I'm afraid.

From a City point of view' date=' we've competed very well with teams of a similar stature but it'll be important to know how Pellegrini's tactics step up against quality English opposition.

With squads as they stand (which obviously doesn't mean that much considering how debatable the futures of guys like Suarez and Bale are), where do you think you'll be finishing next season? Obviously it's a complete stab in the dark :) I think Chelsea and City have a big edge in terms of squad and will take the top two spots. Beyond that, I can't see beyond a big scrap for the remaining two CL spots between you, United, Spurs and Liverpool. Would make for a very good season to watch :)[/quote']

Based on current squad's that seems like an accurate prediction.

I was just thinking what if Theo's purple patch is over where on earth are the goals going to come from?

Is this what Arsenal Fans worry about?

We lost a cup, which seems on here is as serious as a major domestic trophy. Get a grip, sure in Wenger's mind it might force a move. I think it is a good thing we lost in a way.

Played a first XI would of smashed it, but remember always play a mix, and tend to be like 8 subs, so you get no consistency etc. Sanogo... Well, no comment.

Man United fans must be near suicidal after their tour. All about giving players a slow introduction back into football.

Any who, Liverpool's demand for Suarez in cash seems to be going up day by day, much like an overdue wonga loan repayment.

P.S. Miquel was horrible today.

From a City point of view' date=' we've competed very well with teams of a similar stature but it'll be important to know how Pellegrini's tactics step up against quality English opposition.

With squads as they stand (which obviously doesn't mean that much considering how debatable the futures of guys like Suarez and Bale are), where do you think you'll be finishing next season? Obviously it's a complete stab in the dark :) I think Chelsea and City have a big edge in terms of squad and will take the top two spots. Beyond that, I can't see beyond a big scrap for the remaining two CL spots between you, United, Spurs and Liverpool. Would make for a very good season to watch :)[/quote']

I can't actually believe you keep persisting with this absolutely non sensical assumption that United will struggle to get top four it is complete nonsense any team who finishes above United is more than likely going to win the League.

I can't actually believe you keep persisting with this absolutely non sensical assumption that United will struggle to get top four it is complete nonsense any team who finishes above United is more than likely going to win the League.

I guess we'll see. I just see them as a completely different beast without Bacon Face and don't think Moyes is anything like the same standard. Their squad has flaws and I think Fergie covered those up.

The fact i haven't heard of him means the other two are correct.

Not an Arsenal supporter but I have to echo that. No idea who he is but doubt he is that greatly anticipated top signing.

It seems to me (not just in here but in other club threads as well) that the longer the transfer drought the more sugarcoating is being done by some peopler about rather underwhelming signings.

Not an Arsenal supporter but I have to echo that. No idea who he is but doubt he is that greatly anticipated top signing.

It seems to me (not just in here but in other club threads as well) that the longer the transfer drought the more sugarcoating is being done by some peopler about rather underwhelming signings.

Used to be considered a real top prospect a couple years ago. Not quite sure how he has done since then but I cant see him being anything more than another developing talent.

"Used to be" and "a couple years ago" really says it all.

Just 18yrs old and you lot are writing him off. More fool you lot for writing off a top talent because he missed 1 year due to injury.