Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Just 18yrs old and you lot are writing him off. More fool you lot for writing off a top talent because he missed 1 year due to injury.

Precisely he had a very bad injury which set him back but he has long been touted as a player to watch and has been impressive through the age ranges. At 18 he clearly is not going to be anywhere near the finished product you would not expect that but with the market so heavily inflated by the oil or Russian money of many clubs or established market leaders such as Man Utd/Bayern etc this is the way the market will go.

The idea will surely be to find talent and nurture them for anything but the top 10 sides or so, sure this has to be coupled with more "named" signings but when you look at it it is clear this is the way it will go.

No he wont be the name or signing "for now" that Arsenal want and perhaps more importantly need but his signing in itself (if it happened) should not really be a big issue at the prices reported it is fairly low-risk > potential reward.

Theo Walcott was your top goalscorer and best attacking threat last season' date=' why are you surprised he's a regular in the Arsenal team?[/quote']

I'd assume its down to his lack of intelligence and technical ability.

Vadillo could be the best player in the world and he still wouldn't bench Wengers love buddy Walcott.

Walcott is my favourite Arsenal player.. although I'm not a big fan of Arsenal so.. its not saying much, however that said I do think you could do with a better attacking option, to the comment saying he was your best attacking threat, that can also mean the other attackers just weren't too good either?

Also, would Walcott be a Premier League player without his pace? it's really the only thing that sets him apart in all honesty

Because of all the intelligence and technical ability that alternatives Gervinho and Oxlade-Chamberlain have?

I'm not saying they're better, simplying speculating why he doesnt rate Walcott so much. I think he's a decent player

Theo Walcott was your top goalscorer and best attacking threat last season' date=' why are you surprised he's a regular in the Arsenal team?[/quote']
Because of all the intelligence and technical ability that alternatives Gervinho and Oxlade-Chamberlain have?
I'm not saying they're better' date=' simplying speculating why he doesnt rate Walcott so much. I think he's a decent player[/quote']

I replied to this in a long post and it logged me out and I honestly can't be bothered re typing it all again.

Just 18yrs old and you lot are writing him off. More fool you lot for writing off a top talent because he missed 1 year due to injury.

Its more being fed up of youth over brains.

We want someone to get in and improve our first team instantly. Most fans now are brainwashed.

Hayden's comment says it all, he COULD be the best player in the world. Sign him, but obviously not the fix we need. But if we sign him, what stops him buying a teenage defender and leaving it at that.

We can keep banging on about this Vanilla bloke but what i'd like to focus on is, as well as major signings of course, to develop our own prospect. The likes of Ramsey, Jenkinson, Wilshere and Oxlade-Chamberlain are not maturing the way one would like. Over the last few years, we've had a number of talents at the club and none of them have developed properly. Even if we were to sign another kid, i wouldn't have any faith in Wenger to nurture him correctly. The list of young 'uns he's ruined is growing ever longer; we don't need another one.

We can keep banging on about this Vanilla bloke but what i'd like to focus on is' date=' as well as major signings of course, to develop our own prospect. The likes of Ramsey, Jenkinson, Wilshere and Oxlade-Chamberlain are not maturing the way one would like. Over the last few years, we've had a number of talents at the club and none of them have developed properly. Even if we were to sign another kid, i wouldn't have any faith in Wenger to nurture him correctly. The list of young 'uns he's ruined is growing ever longer; we don't need another one.[/quote']

I agree with you about the first part: we need to focus on improving the players we have as well as looking for players externally. However, the names you mentioned as 'not maturing the way one would like' is ridiculous for me.

Jenkinson is still very raw but he will improve as he gets more games, also with his physical attributes he's already won half the battle to becoming a very good RB.

Ramsey's been improving constantly since the middle of last season and you cannot underestimate the impact his leg break had in terms of slowing his development.

Chamberlain I'll kind of agree with you on. He had a poor season but he is only 19 and once he sorts out what his best position is I'm sure he'll flourish in the role, whether that be in midfield or on the wing.

As for Wilshere, I'm not even going to comment on that, the boy is already on the cusp of being world class and for someone with such little experience (mainly due to injury) that is a frightening thought.

Granted, not every youngster we try and nurture will succeed but there's no one better in world football than developing players than Arsene Wenger. An 18 year old isn't the sort of signing I would want but so long as it doesn't impact on us getting other targets, I'll be more than happy to have him.

The way to summarise what we need, is a more defensive Cazorla (older, more wise, vision for starting up an attack), with possibly a more attacking Koscielny (great in the air, makes the correct decision)

Would be great to start attacks more deep than we can, and I get fed up of getting into the last third, and then overplaying it, and making a stupid pass, I know Ramsey is better, but he is the chief culprit.

We could score a lot more if it were just to be two/three passes and shoot from even OUTSIDE the box. Not into double figures around the penalty box with the defender eventually out muscling us off the ball.

I agree with you about the first part: we need to focus on improving the players we have as well as looking for players externally. However' date=' the names you mentioned as 'not maturing the way one would like' is ridiculous for me.

[b']Jenkinson[/b] is still very raw but he will improve as he gets more games, also with his physical attributes he's already won half the battle to becoming a very good RB.

Ramsey's been improving constantly since the middle of last season and you cannot underestimate the impact his leg break had in terms of slowing his development.

Chamberlain I'll kind of agree with you on. He had a poor season but he is only 19 and once he sorts out what his best position is I'm sure he'll flourish in the role, whether that be in midfield or on the wing.

As for Wilshere, I'm not even going to comment on that, the boy is already on the cusp of being world class and for someone with such little experience (mainly due to injury) that is a frightening thought.

Granted, not every youngster we try and nurture will succeed but there's no one better in world football than developing players than Arsene Wenger. An 18 year old isn't the sort of signing I would want but so long as it doesn't impact on us getting other targets, I'll be more than happy to have him.

Jenkinson couldn't oust a Sagna who'd suffered two broken legs; that shows he's not developed.

Ramsey is poor.He can only live off that injury for so long. And that time has passed i'm afraid. Every time he started last year, we were awful. Although, i suppose, it didn't help Wenger playing him on the wing.

Wilshere is nowhere near world class. Not even close. He had no impact on the side last year and to me, he's not even a starter. Rosicky out performed him last year and, with no signings, he should start ahead of him this year as well.

I agree with you about the first part: we need to focus on improving the players we have as well as looking for players externally. However' date=' the names you mentioned as 'not maturing the way one would like' is ridiculous for me.

Jenkinson is still very raw but he will improve as he gets more games, also with his physical attributes he's already won half the battle to becoming a very good RB.

Granted, not every youngster we try and nurture will succeed but there's no one better in world football than developing players than Arsene Wenger. An 18 year old isn't the sort of signing I would want but so long as it doesn't impact on us getting other targets, I'll be more than happy to have him.[/quote']

Jenkinson i agree on, i believe he will become a good, solid squad rotation player.

Ramsey isn't the best but he has improved and it didn't help with Wenger playing him out of position. Good squad rotation player.

Chamberlain had a bad season and i imagine he is going to turn out like Walcott, very average, at best.

Wilshere i disagree with, he is nowhere near world class. He is a very (a perfect word to describe him) "meh" midfielder at the moment for me. Sometimes plays good, sometimes has his off days. Can't pass judgement on how he will turn out as he was showing serious progression before the long term injury. Could swing either way for the lad.

I'd assume its down to his lack of intelligence and technical ability.

...Also' date=' would Walcott be a Premier League player without his pace? it's really the only thing that sets him apart in all honesty[/quote']

I heard Hargreaves defending him during the Emirates cup.

It was roughly:

Pace is his greatest asset so rightly so he uses it. Doing everything at high-speed makes it difficult to be technical like a Cazorla who is very technical but plays at a much slower pace

I heard Hargreaves defending him during the Emirates cup.

It was roughly:

Pace is his greatest asset so rightly so he uses it. Doing everything at high-speed makes it difficult to be technical like a Cazorla who is very technical but plays at a much slower pace

On that note, I think Hargreaves will be an excellent pundit/commentator. He spoke a lot of sense during City's match against Bayern and what he's said there is a valid argument too. I think Walcott's become a handy player.

Jenkinson couldn't oust a Sagna who'd suffered two broken legs; that shows he's not developed.

Ramsey is poor.He can only live off that injury for so long. And that time has passed i'm afraid. Every time he started last year' date=' we were awful.[/b'] Although, i suppose, it didn't help Wenger playing him on the wing.

Wilshere is nowhere near world class. Not even close. He had no impact on the side last year and to me, he's not even a starter. Rosicky out performed him last year and, with no signings, he should start ahead of him this year as well.

Sagna is still a top defender.

Even with his injuries he's still better than most Premier League right backs.

So totally disregarding his performances this year and forgetting he was part of the team that went 10 games unbeaten.

Wilshere was in poor form. I noticed that.

A victim of his own quality if you like.

I expect better from him, Oxlade and others too.

Rosicky is a class act.

His performances with direct running, shooting from outside the box (which no one else does!), precision passing, technical trapping in advanced areas and neat dribbling in tight situations is a huge reason why we were so good at the end of last season.

I don't know why people draw mock Arsenal teams and leave him out to put Cazorla in the middle when Wenger plays Cazorla wide and Rosicky central which gets results.

Another thing is Wilshere plays in a different position more CM and Rosicky is AM. Most of your comment was pure trash, stop bashing our players when they don't deserve it....

You can have a go at Jenkinson for letting Galatasary score the other day if you want.

Sagna is still a top defender.

Even with his injuries he's still better than most Premier League right backs.

So totally disregarding his performances this year and forgetting he was part of the team that went 10 games unbeaten.

Wilshere was in poor form. I noticed that.

A victim of his own quality if you like.

I expect better from him' date=' Oxlade and others too.

Rosicky is a class act.

His performances with direct running, shooting from outside the box (which no one else does!), precision passing, technical trapping in advanced areas and neat dribbling in tight situations is a huge reason why we were so good at the end of last season.

I don't know why people draw mock Arsenal teams and leave him out to put Cazorla in the middle when Wenger plays Cazorla wide and Rosicky central which gets results.

Another thing is Wilshere plays in a different position more CM and Rosicky is AM. Most of your comment was pure trash, stop bashing our players when they don't deserve it....

You can have a go at Jenkinson for letting Galatasary score the other day if you want.[/quote']

I know Rosicky is an AM but i'd rather play both him and Santi in the middle then Ramsey and Wilshere who will just make us impotent. Arteta to do the donkey work and Rosicky to chip in. At least we'd be decent to watch for once. As for Sagna, i think you'll find I've been the one defending him all last season. That said, Jenkinson had a real chance last year and didn't take it. Oxlade still looks unfit to me. I'll criticise who i like thank you. There are only three players above my criticism; Koscielny, Cazorla and Sagna. I don't like any of the others.

;2685060']So Suarez has spoken.

Bet it will take us until 31st August to actually get the deal done.

yep this time everyone saw the quote so he really want to leave now we have to pray madrid get bale or else suarez is going to madrid.. l still doubt arsenal will pay 40 million for him just wait and see game now

l saw someone where spurs will use bale money to buy suarez hahaha