Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Why are so many players on trial with us

H2UmxbK.jpg

also this guys says we signed El Jad

https://twitter.com/MikaMartinHaim/status/365485065477701632

also flamini is training with us

Traitor!!

The audacity, coming back to use our facilities after he abandoned us to sit on the bench at Milan.

He's probably got given a free transfer.

Traitor!!

The audacity' date=' coming back to use our facilities after he abandoned us to sit on the bench at Milan.

He's probably got given a free transfer.[/quote']

Traitor...bet somebody in charge had to give him the okay, and you never know he may sign for us again..

This looks like a non-starter but

Mundo Deportivo claim: "On Thursday (there has been) added the bid of Arsenal on the one hand, and Napoli and said Inter Milan, on the other.

"Arsenal had longed for former Barcelona striker (Etoo) before and after the decision by his club they dream of being able to take the attacker to the Emirates Stadium."

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/08/08/arsenal-join-bid-for-samuel-etoo-report/

But better if we go after:Willian, Lacina Traore,Aleksandr Kokorin or Jucilei :)

Rambo summing up Tottenumb in one word;

VxAv7545yvs

Apparently (not sure how accurate this is but it sounds like something Plod would say), when the same question was asked to Lukas Podolski (How would you describe Tottenumb in one word?) he replied "there are families here".

Rambo summing up Tottenumb in one word;

VxAv7545yvs

Apparently (not sure how accurate this is but it sounds like something Plod would say)' date=' when the same question was asked to Lukas Podolski (How would you describe Tottenumb in one word?" he replied "there are families here".[/quote']

What did he say, I cant make it out in the video?

Quick question: is koscielny the best CB in the league and should he be considered world class?

No and no.

However, I do believe he is seriously underrated by non-Arsenal fans. People that only watch MotD seem to think they are fit to pass judgement on him which makes me laugh. Whilst I don't think he's the best CB in the league, I don't think he's that far off to be honest.

He hasn't really achieved anything on a personal level nor with his club or country to be deemed 'world class' but as always, it all comes down to your perception of the term.

Quick question: is koscielny the best CB in the league and should he be considered world class?

I think during the last few months of last season he was by far the best in the league.

I still think an inform Kompany (When they won the league) is a better player imo. Not really made a mistake since the red card against City in December. Another good season would maybe make him the best, but hes one of the best in the league atm

So another £60,000 wiped off the wage bill. Sad to see Forehead leave.

Andrey Arshavin -- £78,000------£4,056,000

Gervinho ----------£60,000------£3,120,000

Denilson-----------£60,000------£3,120,000

Andre Santos------£60,000------£3,120,000

Sebastien Squillaci-£50,000------£2,600,000

Johan Djourou-----£50,000------£2,600,000

Vito Mannone------£30,000------£1,560,000

Grand total of £388k p/w. Surely brings the way for three players earning around 100k p/w.

Saves £19,176,000 a year!

It is shocking that Akpom et al are only on £750 a week!

Source

;2687615']So another £60' date='000 wiped off the wage bill. Sad to see Forehead leave.

Grand total of £388k p/w. Surely brings the way for three players earning around 100k p/w.

Source

Think Arsenal might still be subsidizing the wages of some.

;2687615']So another £60' date='000 wiped off the wage bill. Sad to see Forehead leave.

Source

And still your total spend is $€£0.

Yes and yes. He's the best defender in the world, note use of word defender and not centre back, and the most intelligent centre back we've ever had. When he's at his very best, his performance levels are absolutely unparalleled. I hate to hark back to it constantly but his performance against Barcelona wouldn't be matched by anyone else still currently playing.

I see that Arsenal target, Bernard, has joined Shakhtar for 25m euros. Lets be honest, that deal is to boost his chances for the World Cup next year. If he moved to Arsenal, he'd be second choice AM behind Cazorla and Dortmund to Reus. At Shakhtar he knows he will play on a regular basis.

I am hoepful we can sign someone in this transfer window :) I think someone we should be looking at is Gustavo of Bayern. He will struggle to get picked over Schweinsteiger, Martinez and even Thiago this season, and our squad needs an out and out DM. Plus, he should get regularly picked, which should boost his World Cup chances, so if he can put that deal in front of his face...! Knowing Arsenal however we will panick buy 5 hours before the window shuts!

Anyhow, Champions League playoff draw coming up on Eurosport. I hope we draw Pacos de Ferreria of Portugal or Shakhter Karagandy of Kazakhstan. Most likely Celtic or AC Milan though knowing our luck!

Anyhow' date=' Champions League playoff draw coming up on Eurosport. I hope we draw Pacos de Ferreria of Portugal or Shakhter Karagandy of Kazakhstan. Most likely Celtic or AC Milan though knowing our luck![/quote']

Surely Milan and us are both top seeds?

Our 5 possible opponents are:

PSV Eindhoven (NED)

FC Metalist Kharkiv (UKR)*

Fenerbahçe SK (TUR)*

Real Sociedad de Fútbol (ESP)

FC Paços de Ferreira (POR)

* Please note that the participation of Fenerbahçe SK and FC Metalist Kharkiv in the competition is subject to pending disciplinary and CAS proceedings.

;2687818']Our 5 possible opponents are only:

PSV Eindhoven (NED)

Fenerbahçe SK (TUR)*

* Please note that the participation of Fenerbahçe SK and FC Metalist Kharkiv in the competition is subject to pending disciplinary and CAS proceedings.

Would like to see a Sociedad-Arsenal fixture!

;2687818']Our 5 possible opponents are:

PSV Eindhoven (NED)

Fenerbahçe SK (TUR)*

Got to hope for Pacos or PSV really. I certainly dont want us to face a possible tie to Fenerbachce if they are in the competetion and Sociedad will be tough as well :)

Having said that we SHOULD beat any of the above comfortably on paper :P

Got to hope for Pacos or PSV really. I certainly dont want us to face a possible tie to Fenerbachce if they are in the competetion and Sociedad will be tough as well :)

Having said that we SHOULD beat any of the above comfortably on paper :P

We have got Fenerbache. :rolleyes:

Could be kicked out before we play.