Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

I think you missed my sarcasm...

Someone on this thread who actually goes to games? :eek:Will any of you lot be at the Emirates on the 1st?

There are numerous reasons why some of us don't go to games.

1. You live in towns outside of London. I live in a town that is predominantly Arsenal fans. You then not only have the problem of paying for match tickets but train fares and food and junk. That makes it unrealistic to go too often.

2. Going to matches means one has to go through Tottenham Hale. I'd rather go through Baghdad playing the American National Anthem.

3. I don't like London, full stop. It's a horrible city.

4. I'm incredibly lazy.

1. You live in towns outside of London. I live in a town that is predominantly Arsenal fans. You then not only have the problem of paying for match tickets but train fares and food and junk. That makes it unrealistic to go too often.

2. Going to matches means one has to go through Tottenham Hale. I'd rather go through Baghdad playing the American National Anthem.

3. I don't like London' date=' full stop. It's a horrible city.

4. I'm incredibly lazy.[/quote']

This genuinely made me LOL, so disappointed in myself :o

Essex man are you Mr Infernito :rolleyes:

I go to Arsenal Games whenever i can.

Champs League is normally £46 Lower Tier and £66 i think upper tier.

League Cup tickets are great value at £10 adult for lower tier.

Although you will get tickets cheaper then FV closer to the games these days.

I went to the Bayern home game last season and that cost me £60 for a seat behind the goals, which i was happy with,:)

Hopefully get to go to 2-3 games this season. Would love a home game against Spurs or United but almost impossible if your not a season ticket holder.

As for the draw i'm a bit nervous about the Fenerbache game. That first leg in Turkey will be alot harder than some people think. They were really good in last seasons Europa league and have some very good players and some new signings (No one mentioned Christian, he was fantastic when I watched the Europa league last season).

The atmosphere as always is very intimidating in Turkey. We should win but I can see it being very close.

Saw a decent offer for the Hull game in December in the daily mirror this morning. It was about 140 euros, which included very decent seats , stadium tour, flights , match program, store vouchers , complimentary drinks and a night at a B&B close to the stadium. My birthday at the end of November so I'll probably be heading over with a few mates. If I find a better game to go to I probably will, but it's pretty dificult to get affordable tickets these days. Especially when you have to pay for the flight and hotel as well. :o

5. You live in Australia and arent a multi-millionaire.

P.S on the season ticket waiting list anyway for good measure

I chose not to renew my season ticket as I am saving up for a place to live. Shame really because match day won't ever be the same for me now that I am custom to going to games. The price is way over inflated for how our club performs.

Plus it gives someone else a chance to go and enjoy it. I am one a waiting list as I relinquished mine. I hope one day I can get a good seat again but I doubt that will happen for another decade.

For those who don't like coming due to travel I would advise you to look into hospitality coaches, they can work out much cheaper than normal train fares. However if you want a beer and a burrito that will cost £12... Unless you pay for upper level seating where the beer is free.

I feel sorry for you lot with them prices' date=' ridiculous. Mine is only £309 and it costs me £4.20 to get to the game and back.[/quote']

"only" £309. That is still ridiculous. A season ticket at the best team on Earth right now, Bayern Munich, is only £100, which is about the same price as my local Blue Square South side!

I am just glad we didnt' get Real sociedad :D. because they are really good. fenerbahce are good aswell but the lack finish touch just like us but we will be fine. we may lose 2-1 or 1-0 in they staduim because that place is loud I mean really loud!! but in second leg we will finish the job with either 2-0 or 1--0 win depend on the first leg thats my prediction.

"only" £309. That is still ridiculous. A season ticket at the best team on Earth right now' date=' Bayern Munich, is only £100, which is about the same price as my local Blue Square South side![/quote']

That's standing though, isn't it? Seated costs a lot more.

Wonder if our defense can handle Sow and/or Emineke.

Attack is the best form of defence, Shame our attack is abysmal.

We shouldn't always have to rely on our defence however it still wouldnt hurt to improve in that area and especially DM, Our strike force and wingers ain't that great.. Giroud would probably score 20+ a season if he had the correct ammunition, Podolski is better behind the striker and well Walcott is a bench player at best.

There is nothing Bosscielny cannot handle. I reckon we will win comfortably if we just display our best 11. We will use midfield to dominate. I don't think Fenerbahce can match our midfield force.

Attack is the best form of defence' date=' Shame our attack is abysmal.

We shouldn't always have to rely on our defence however it still wouldnt hurt to improve in that area and especially DM, Our strike force and wingers ain't that great.. Giroud would probably score 20+ a season if he had the correct ammunition, Podolski is better behind the striker and well Walcott is a bench player at best.[/quote']

I dont know why i keep finding these, but hey look its Walcott

http://i.imgur.com/epaTiSW.jpeg

"only" £309. That is still ridiculous. A season ticket at the best team on Earth right now' date=' Bayern Munich, is only £100, which is about the same price as my local Blue Square South side![/quote']

It's still a lot but it is a hell of a lot cheaper than teams around us in the table.

Bayern’s cheap tickets are subsidised by their record-breaking commercial income which represents 55 per cent of their turnover.

Arsenal’s commercial earnings of £52.5million (22 per cent of *turnover) are less than a third of *Bayern’s.

You also get free rail travel with your season ticket, is the same story with matchday tickets with Bayern prices ranging from £13 to £60, while Arsenal fans pay between £25.50 and £126.

Certainly a boom time for German football.

Was talking to a Gooner the last day and I could feel his frustration at the lack of signings. Considering that this year was the first in a while that ye haven't lost a big name player, why Wenger hasn't splashed the cash on a few big names is beyond me. There was great potential for you lot to challenge for the title if the squad was strengthened. Amazed he hasn't. Any of ye still got faith for a big buy?

Was talking to a Gooner the last day and I could feel his frustration at the lack of signings. Considering that this year was the first in a while that ye haven't lost a big name player' date=' why Wenger hasn't splashed the cash on a few big names is beyond me. There was great potential for you lot to challenge for the title if the squad was strengthened. Amazed he hasn't. Any of ye still got faith for a big buy?[/quote']

I still think we will make a signing. I dont think we will get Suarez though.

I can see us waiting until the last week and getting some cheap, or 'panic buys' like Arteta a few years ago. I think the good form at the end of the season is preventing Wenger to spend. If we hadnt had a good run I reckon we would have spent by now.