Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Nope' date=' I've let Wenger make a mug of me again for believing that this transfer window will be different to any other.[/quote']

Josh it's hardly Wengers fault. He identified one player and Madrid played games. We can't help it if clubs from France go against FFP.

There ain't that many players who are quality on the market.

I still think we will make a signing. I dont think we will get Suarez though.

I can see us waiting until the last week and getting some cheap' date=' or 'panic buys' like Arteta a few years ago. I think the good form at the end of the season is preventing Wenger to spend. If we hadnt had a good run I reckon we would have spent by now.[/quote']

You aint getting Suarez time for you all to accept it.

The PFA have basically said it aint a release clause and we simply wont sell him to you, even if he takes it to court (which given every legal person, PFA I have heard/read all said would not go his way) and won it would take months and at the very earliest would happen Jan and even that is a miniscule chance.

Josh it's hardly Wengers fault. He identified one player and Madrid played games. We can't help it if clubs from France go against FFP.

Madrid played games but your treatment of Higuain at the Emirates Cup was little more then disgraceful. You pillored him, abused him all over the place and for what?? he WANTED to join Arsenal it aint his fault you and Madrid could not reach an agreement, which left him with little option but to go to Napoli.

You do have a point with regards quality though, PL clubs have money burning holes in there pocket you look at Arsenal, United even my own side has a fair whack to spend but the actual quality that people want has already moved or is unavailable, there really is very little at the top end of the market to go for.

Was thinking the other day actually somebody like a Mascherano might be a viable target, don't get many games at Barca, new coach don't seem to fancy him, Barca actively seeking CB'S wouldn't cost the Earth and would be terrific in that DM role to protect the back four you desperately (IMO) need filled.

Wenger: "If Suarez is not for sale' date=' he’s not for sale we have to accept that."[/quote']

One of the few managers who doesn't try and annoy other clubs. I'm sure Liverpool respect him for that regardless of how else they judge him.

One of the few managers who doesn't try and annoy other clubs. I'm sure Liverpool respect him for that regardless of how else they judge him.

Indeed, despite Henrys stupid twitter and Rodgers accusing Arsenal of games. I don't quite see what we've done outside of bidding for a player and not talking about it in the press..

Onwards and upwards/sideways. :o

I think Liverpool and Arsenal have a good relationship when it comes to club friendlies and I don't think Arsenal want to ruin that in what would be a very nasty transfer saga.

But with this seemingly (although not done yet) at an end, if you look at the market who is there for Arsenal now?

Im starting to worry that we are going to buy this Ginter fella for the RB slot to compete with Jenks with Sagna moving to CB :o Very unlikely to happen but still worries me :o

To be fair Ray that is a very good shout , I dont think we would consider him but I would love to have Mascherano here. In terms of Price I think Sakho would be a good option to have at CB maybe not to start but to rotate and fill in.

In the DM role , Players like Alonso could be falling out of favour at Madrid and we should do everything we can to get him. But hes not for dropping back so thats difficult. Mascherano , De rossi , Alonso , and I know hes going to spuds but Capoue would have been a good addition as he can play the DM role very well. (Anyone suggest Song then I will punch you in the nose :P )

I think we need a winger too , Willan may be expensive from Anzhi but he is most certainly there to get. I dont know of any others :D

And I think we need a forward which I think after signing Cavani we should target Lavezzi who is a very good player and one I rate highly :)

But we are talking fantasy land :rolleyes:

But with this seemingly (although not done yet) at an end' date=' if you look at the market[b'] who[/b] is there for Arsenal now?

Quite a few if the club is willing to spend and players are willing to take a pay cut (in the case of Anzhi in particular with Willian, Jucilei, Kokorin and co.), Luiz Gustavo, Julio Cesar seems to be still available, Geoffrey Kondogbia (reports still link us with him), Flamini (who is training with the side) among others

Quite a few if the club is willing to spend and players are willing to take a pay cut (in the case of Anzhi in particular with Willian' date=' Jucilei, Kokorin and co.), Luiz Gustavo, Julio Cesar seems to be still available, Geoffrey Kondogbia (reports still link us with him), [b']Flamini [/b](who is training with the side) among others

Oh god please dont mention his name in the question on who to buy :eek:

I didnt like Flamini then and I think hes a lot worse now. We need geniune quality or good players with potential at least. Not terrible players who are getting worse and will eat up a sizeable wage and will stop decent players coming in :P

I forgot about Gustavo but I dont think we would spend anywhere near 17 million on him (sounds daft I know :P ). Would mind Cesar at Arsenal as Wojech has become lazy as he has no decent keepers to challenge him :)

I think Liverpool and Arsenal have a good relationship when it comes to club friendlies and I don't think Arsenal want to ruin that in what would be a very nasty transfer saga.

But with this seemingly (although not done yet) at an end' date=' if you look at the market who is there for Arsenal now?[/quote']

True, I heard that Arsene is a fan of Sam Eto'o...

True' date=' I heard that Arsene is a fan of Sam Eto'o...[/quote']

Maybe, although if he halves his wages he'd still be your highest paid player :P Not going to happen in a month of Sundays.

You've dallied... again. You could have got Higuain for £27m, Jovetic for £22m and others by now. All could have made a big difference but as it is, Spurs now look stronger - and they're continuing to buy.

Oh god please dont mention his name in the question on who to buy :eek:

I didnt like Flamini then and I think hes a lot worse now. We need geniune quality or good players with potential at least. Not terrible players who are getting worse and will eat up a sizeable wage and will stop decent players coming in :P

I forgot about Gustavo but I dont think we would spend anywhere near 17 million on him (sounds daft I know :P ). Would mind Cesar at Arsenal as Wojech has become lazy as he has no decent keepers to challenge him :)

Maybe Flamini will be like the Sol Saga that took place a while back..started training with us..and next thing stretching out a kit.

We will sign players on the sole proviso that our squad has been reduced by about a half this summer. The signings might be terrible but there will be signings of sort.

Agreed we will sign-unfortunately may be just to fill the squad out. Was a bit perturbed we missed the loan trick with Loic Remy' date=' Capoue who was waiting on a bid while a according to French newspaper Le 10 Sport, Arsenal are [b']considering[/b] a €45million (£39million) bid for Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema. 26-year-old midfielder Alharbi El Jadeyaoui from Angers seems to have gone home and who knows whats next.

Agreed we will sign-unfortunately may be just to fill the squad out. Was a bit perturbed we missed the loan trick with Loic Remy' date=' Capoue who was waiting on a bid while a according to French newspaper Le 10 Sport, [b']Arsenal are considering a €45million (£39million) bid for Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema.[/b] 26-year-old midfielder Alharbi El Jadeyaoui from Angers seems to have gone home and who knows whats next.

So Ancelotti is planning to play without a CF.

Plese' date=' stop defending him. It's clear to see that when a new manager comes in, he is likely to have a different value for players and a different mentality, that was the case with Higuain, Ancelotti valued him higher than Perez, Wenger got his knickers in a twist and refused to pay the new fee, Napoli came in and matched it. We miss out, [b']again[/b].

If we had done what Wenger had said we would do which was to get our business done quickly to give the players time to settle, then we may have ended up with Jovetic instead. But no, Arsene's constant dithering gave City time to have a sniff and lo and behold, he's now a City player.

It's time to wake up and see that FFP isn't a huge barrier, there are too many loopholes which enable clubs to still be able to pay these huge fees.

Plese' date=' stop defending him. It's clear to see that when a new manager comes in, he is likely to have a different value for players and a different mentality, that was the case with Higuain, Ancelotti valued him higher than Perez, Wenger got his knickers in a twist and refused to pay the new fee, Napoli came in and matched it. We miss out, [b']again[/b].

If we had done what Wenger had said we would do which was to get our business done quickly to give the players time to settle, then we may have ended up with Jovetic instead. But no, Arsene's constant dithering gave City time to have a sniff and lo and behold, he's now a City player.

It's time to wake up and see that FFP isn't a huge barrier, there are too many loopholes which enable clubs to still be able to pay these huge fees.

Couldn't you still have got Higuain before Ancelloti arrived for £27m? That was what Perez was reportedly after but Wenger only wanted to give £23m rising to £27m with performances.

I think it's just an issue of Wenger's player valuations. For someone so clearly clued up on numbers, he's awful at dealing with the changing market trends.

So Ancelotti is planning to play without a CF.
No' date=' Arsene's planning to show the gullible fans that he has 'ambition' by bidding for players he knows he has no chance of getting :P[/quote']

Spot on..

But the Frenchman says his policy is about to change.

"The market will be hyperactive because everyone believes financial fair play will happen soon," Wenger said, referring to Uefa's tighter regulations on club spending. "So we are quickly doing the last buying before the stores will be closed. And for the first time for a while, I will be very active, too."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/may/24/arsene-wenger-arsenal-active-transfer-market

Couldn't you still have got Higuain before Ancelloti arrived for £27m? That was what Perez was reportedly after but Wenger only wanted to give £23m rising to £27m with performances.

Depends what you read, some articles say we had agreed a fee and everything was set until Madrid pulled out at the eleventh hour, some say otherwise. Your guess is as good as mine, but it still doesn't change the point I was trying to get across.

Depends what you read' date=' some articles say we had agreed a fee and everything was set until Madrid pulled out at the eleventh hour, some say otherwise.[/quote']

But the supposed fee you'd agreed was lower than Madrid's original asking price. Surely if you'd met or got closer to that number then the deal could have happened much faster and Higuain would have been yours before Ancelloti even got a say...

I feel really sorry for Arsenal fans. Pay the most in the country to be constantly lied to by Wenger and the board.

But the supposed fee you'd agreed was lower than Madrid's original asking price. Surely if you'd met or got closer to that number then the deal could have happened much faster and Higuain would have been yours before Ancelloti even got a say...

Please stop aha, the more you say the more it angers me. I just don't understand his thought process, it literally infuriates me.

Not true at all. Brendan Rodger is a clown. Arsene has always been respecting and doing quietly about the Suarez transfer and in the end was called a club with no respect and no standard by Rodger

Not true at all. Brendan Rodger is a clown. Arsene has always been respecting and doing quietly about the Suarez transfer and in the end was called a club with no respect and no standard by Rodger

How is offering a pound over the so called release fee,as they thought respecting?

Wenger has not stopped talking about it in press conferences.

Classless.

Get a grip if you think Arsenal have been respectful.Take off those daft Arsenal glasses were everything is done by the book.

How is offering a pound over the so called release fee' date='as they thought respecting?

Wenger has not stopped talking about it in press conferences.

Classless.

Get a grip if you think Arsenal have been respectful.Take off those daft Arsenal glasses were everything is done by the book.[/quote']

If I do recall properly, I don't think Wenger actually announced his transfer publicly. All I have heard Wenger said is there is transfer going on and is not going to be easy as it has to go through 3 person for the transfer to happen. While offering 40mil + 1 pound doesn't sounds very good which I admit, but I do think 40mil for Suarez is already a lot especially given with his current reputation.