Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

How is offering a pound over the so called release fee' date='as they thought respecting?

Wenger has not stopped talking about it in press conferences.

Classless.

Get a grip if you think Arsenal have been respectful.Take off those daft Arsenal glasses were everything is done by the book.[/quote']

It was the Liverpool camp who disclosed the bid. Naturally journalists are going to ask Wenger about it.

If I do recall properly' date=' I don't think Wenger actually announced his transfer publicly. All I have heard Wenger said is there is transfer going on and is not going to be easy as it has to go through 3 person for the transfer to happen. While offering 40mil + 1 pound doesn't sounds very good which I admit, but I do think 40mil for Suarez is already a lot especially given with his current reputation.[/quote']

When you're trying to buy a rivals best player from the same league who finished with the 2nd highest goals in the league, while your other rivals best player who is arguably not as good as Suarez is being valued at 90 Million, when Suarez has just signed a new contract. Reputation or not. You'll be expected to pay a huge premium. As Brendan said Bale is not 100 Percent better than Suarez.

It was the Liverpool camp who disclosed the bid. Naturally journalists are going to ask Wenger about it.

As they quite rightly should have,given the nature of the bid.

What happened to the rule where you were not allowed to talk about players under contract?

Total class.

As they quite rightly should have' date='given the nature of the bid.

What happened to the rule where you were not allowed to talk about players under contract?

Total class.[/quote']

What happened to the rule where when you receive a confidential bid, you don't disclose every detail of it?

Talking of class...

When you're trying to buy a rivals best player from the same league who finished with the 2nd highest goals in the league' date=' while your other rivals best player who is arguably not as good as Suarez is being valued at 90 Million, when Suarez has just signed a new contract. Reputation or not. You'll be expected to pay a huge premium. As Brendan said Bale is not 100 Percent better than Suarez.[/quote']

Age is a factor, British player another factor, reputation another factor. You don't suppose Suarez has better reputation than Bale? Also, even if Bale is not as good as Suarez but Bale won the PFA player of the year and Young player of the year.

Suppose it keeps the shareholders happy.

I pity the morons that buy season tickets year after year on a stream of broken dreams' date=' promises,players leaving etc.

As long as 4th place is achieved eh?[/quote']

Dude, what's with your hate? So far I have seen you talking nonsense with nothing much seeming to be true. First you deny when I said Wenger respected Liverpool decision and then know you are back to say there is is no rule where you dont have to disclose a bid. Geez, at least make up your mind.

What happened to the rule where when you receive a confidential bid' date=' you don't disclose every detail of it?

Talking of class...[/quote']

When it went above 40m we had to disclose it to Suarez and his camp moment that happens it is bound to get to the press given all the things that was said not to mention the fact his camp wanted it known to try and flush out Real Madrid which is what he really wants not Arsenal.

What happened to the bit where Suarez and his camp sign a contract with a complete confidentiality clause in it and yet somehow between them Arsenal seem to get hold of all the details in his contract and act upon that in terms of the offer (which is disrespectful a pound whatever way you look at it) and as reported in many places already in principle agreeing personal terms with a player who is under contract elsewhere.

Arsenal were tapping hiim and his agent up if you don't think that was happening you need to wake up and smell the coffee. It happens with most clubs including my own in the past don't make it right does it??

The fact is you gambled on it and it would appear (this is football never say never) that it has backfired. You are basically left with the pick of players that the other major sides did not want now. Your big mistake was Higuain, he wanted to play for you it could have been done you didn't do it and I now can't see another available (that's the key word) striker that will come in of sufficient quality.

Not true at all. Brendan Rodger is a clown. Arsene has always been respecting and doing quietly about the Suarez transfer and in the end was called a club with no respect and no standard by Rodger

Lol how wasn't that true then? It's the Liverpool camp that made this public. Look it up dude.

What happened to the bit where Suarez and his camp sign a contract with a complete confidentiality clause in it and yet somehow between them Arsenal seem to get hold of all the details in his contract and act upon that in terms of the offer (which is disrespectful a pound whatever way you look at it) and as reported in many places already in principle agreeing personal terms with a player who is under contract elsewhere.

How do you think release clauses work for example? The other team stabbing in the dark making random bids hoping to trigger a potential clause?

Everybody does it as you said so no idea why people suddenly get agitated about it now. Otherwise there be no point for release clause?

Maybe' date=' although if he halves his wages he'd still be your highest paid player :P Not going to happen in a month of Sundays.

You've dallied... again. You could have got Higuain for £27m, Jovetic for £22m and others by now. All could have made a big difference but as it is, Spurs now look stronger - and they're continuing to buy.[/quote']

He is now on 130k per week. I think that is payable.

Couldn't you still have got Higuain before Ancelloti arrived for £27m? That was what Perez was reportedly after but Wenger only wanted to give £23m rising to £27m with performances.

I think it's just an issue of Wenger's player valuations. For someone so clearly clued up on numbers' date=' he's awful at dealing with the changing market trends.[/quote']

Wow just wow! You call Wenger bad at dealings because he doesn't play little games with clubs? Because he doesn't over pay? Because he makes our club self efficient? Because we have a future for the next 50 years? Because he actually can sign top players for small fees such as Cazorla? Yeah ok then.

When you're trying to buy a rivals best player from the same league who finished with the 2nd highest goals in the league' date=' while your other rivals best player who is arguably not as good as Suarez is being valued at 90 Million, when Suarez has just signed a new contract. Reputation or not. You'll be expected to pay a huge premium. As Brendan said Bale is not 100 Percent better than Suarez.[/quote']

True however take into account, marketability, income from merchandise, sponsor deals, reputation, age and body build. All the things that Bale beats Suarez on hands down. Bale is far more advanced athlete. Suarez is worth max 50 mil. Bale isn't even worth 80 mil but that's Madrid for you.

After reading about two pages of other fans slating Wenger for not having class or for not paying over inflated fees for players, I feel this forum has lost it's mind.

You all seem to think that clubs should be paying over 20 mil for a out of form Jovetic? Or 27 mil for a striker like Higuain who doesn't offer anything other than great shooting? He defo isn't a good target man and lacks pace. Still a good player but I'm glad that we don't make pointless over priced moves.

As for the angry Liverpool or whatever fans about Wenger, I think you may want to do some research and you will see it was Rodgers who was milking it every day to the press not Wenger. We never mentioned Suarez until your board and manager did. Plus then you owner tweets out his response? Highly unprofessional.

Where as Wenger said that if he is not for sale then we will look elsewhere, that's a classy comment to say. Something that Mourinho or Ancelotti or Rodgers certainly would never do.

People moan about our lack of activity which I agree we are two signings behind where we should be. We should of signed a top CB and a new CDM, however there isn't that many class players on the market. You get the odd mediocre player like Capoue but we want someone to improve our first team not blend in.

I think majority of fans need to respect how we run our club. We don't run our club like City, we have actual class. We haven't sold our soul. We have been run like this for donkeys years and if our fans don't like it then why support us in the first place?

Truth hurts.

How do you think release clauses work for example? The other team stabbing in the dark making random bids hoping to trigger a potential clause?

Everybody does it as you said so no idea why people suddenly get agitated about it now. Otherwise there be no point for release clause?

Already said most clubs do it as you would know if you quoted my whole post ;)

Don't make it right does it???

same with you and Gotze clearly Bayern obtained this "information" and then acted upon it, I ain't saying it Dont happen but it don't make it right.

So for Arsenal fans to be crying the respect and good faith argument is absurd, where does the £1 above 40 show acting in "good faith" it don't.

hey gambled on the terms of his contract and it would appear between them, Suarez and his agent they have got it wrong no point in wallowing in it but it does raise question marks yet again but the Arsenal manger, board and there transfer policy.

All summer long we have heard it is going to be different, we will spend, wage structure will change etc etc the proof is in the pudding Nd you have to say that actions do not support the rhetoric so far. I think every sane Arsenal fan knows this current crop of players is not good enough to get them to where they really want to be.

After reading about two pages of other fans slating Wenger for not having class or for paying over inflated fees for players' date=' I feel this forum has lost it's mind.

You all seem to think that clubs should be paying over 20 mil for a out of form Jovetic? Or 27 mil for a striker like Higuain who doesn't offer anything other than great shooting? He defo isn't a good target man and lacks pace. Still a good player but I'm glad that we don't make pointless over priced moves.

As for the angry Liverpool or whatever fans about Wenger, I think you may want to do some research and you will see it was Rodgers who was milking it every day to the press not Wenger. We never mentioned Suarez until your board and manager did. Plus then you owner tweets out his response? Highly unprofessional.

Where as Wenger said that if he is not for sale then we will look elsewhere, that's a classy comment to say. Something that Mourinho or Ancelotti or Rodgers certainly would never do.

People moan about our lack of activity which I agree we are two signings behind where we should be. We should of signed a top CB and a new CDM, however there isn't that many class players on the market. You get the odd mediocre player like Capoue but we want someone to improve our first team not blend in.

I think majority of fans need to respect how we run our club. We don't run our club like City, we have actual class. We haven't sold our soul. We have been run like this for donkeys years and if our fans don't like it the. Why support us in the first place?

Truth hurts.[/quote']

You ain't won anything for eight years using this "policy" and you are never likely to win one if the big ones again unless that policy changes. Do Arsenal want to be winners or just another club?? Your revenues are huge there is no excuse, football has changed you either change with it or you get left behind. Arsenal is a huge club and your fans deserve better.

Truth Hurts.

You ain't won anything for eight years using this "policy" and you are never likely to win one if the big ones again unless that policy changes. Do Arsenal want to be winners or just another club?? Your revenues are huge there is no excuse' date=' football has changed you either change with it or you get left behind. Arsenal is a huge club and your fans deserve better.

Truth Hurts.[/quote']

Hardly hurts... We know we should of win a trophy but that's life. As I said before you we ain't a million miles of a trophy. Plus our policy was just fine until money bags such as Chelski and City came in... Is it our fault or is clubs like that making the league turn into a La Liga? Where only a few teams can ever compete.

JCAFC top post mate,agree with every bit of it.

so what happened to the Champs league winners of 7-8 years back anyways who think they have changed their policy.

Ok I'll put forward a question.

what would you take,Champs league football every season or a Carling cup win in around 5-6 years and finishing 7th.

Arsenal is a club I love and respect ofcourse after United.Wenger is a great person and the ones who think that Wenger has lost it are "IDIOTS"

Hardly hurts... We know we should of win a trophy but that's life. As I said before you we ain't a million miles of a trophy. Plus our policy was just fine until money bags such as Chelski and City came in... Is it our fault or is clubs like that making the league turn into a La Liga? Where only a few teams can ever compete.

Hardly Hurts??? If it don't it should and smacks of exactly what is wrong with the mentality of certain sections of Arsenal football club.

Do you want to be looking on every season whilst the Chavs' date=' City and United win all of the trophies and you are an afterthought??

Yes City and Chelsea have changed the landscape of English Football but comparing it to La Liga is complete nonsense. The distribution of money in England the revenues generated by clubs is far far superior to in Spain where unequal TV distribution destroyed the League.

The Fact is Arsenal generate huge amounts of cash, huge revenues and in footballing terms are a pretty big financial superpower in terms of world football. Arsenal could compete they have the financial resources, they had one of the biggest wage bills in Britain and even more so by the shipping out of the dead wood even more space has been generated.

The game has changed and do Arsenal want to compete?? Yes Chelsea, City go out and spend but so could Arsenal the fact you choose not to is down to Wenger and the Board, not because the finances are not available.

Big clubs exist to win but your post seems to suggest you are just happy to exist. This is Arsenal we are talking about one of the biggest names in football, you aint a Tottenham who have done nothing for 50 years or a mid-ranking side this is a side who not so long ago were THE team, reaching Champions League Final, Invincibles etc etc.

Arsenal fans pay through the roof and deserve better. The least Wenger and the board can do is show that ambition to compete, attempt to be winners don't just sit and accept your fate. Even by going out and making a big signing it sends out the right statement and gives the fans hope. Arsenal have to change with the time your not a club who it aint financially viable for you CAN compete and SHOULD compete.

Arsenal has to change your "policy" is all lovely etc but it aint worked, in business who continues on a road which don't bring success. The Fans turn up every week because they want to see Arsenal win, they want to see success, they want to see trophies, they don't go spend fortunes and support the side in the hope that the Bank Balance looks pretty.

The only way Arsenal are ever going to compete for one of the big two titles is through spending to get better players your players might be good enough to win a FA Cup but not the big two., better players cost money it is not a difficult concept.

It is so frustrating, you need a fundamental shift in mentality and that ultimately for me is what is holding you back.

JCAFC top post mate,agree with every bit of it.

so what happened to the Champs league winners of 7-8 years back anyways who think they have changed their policy.

Ok I'll put forward a question.

what would you take,Champs league football every season or a Carling cup win in around 5-6 years and finishing 7th.

Arsenal is a club I love and respect ofcourse after United.Wenger is a great person and the ones who think that Wenger has lost it are "IDIOTS"

Sorry thought this was an Arsenal thread, how unusual to see a United fan obsessed with Liverpool.

Reason my club has gone downhill is through a number of factors not a "policy"

Arsenal 6-7 years ago were winning cups, titles, reaching Champions league finals and now there memories consist of celebrating fourth do you expect them to be happy??

Put it this way if the titles for United dried up, Moyes was there seven years later and United were scrambling round for 4th every season whilst watching City and Chelsea dominate and win everything whilst you had the financial resources to compete but your board decided not to would you be happy??

No you wouldn't.

Hardly Hurts??? If it don't it should and smacks of exactly what is wrong with the mentality of certain sections of Arsenal football club.

Do you want to be looking on every season whilst the Chavs' date=' City and United win all of the trophies and you are an afterthought??

Yes City and Chelsea have changed the landscape of English Football but comparing it to La Liga is complete nonsense. The distribution of money in England the revenues generated by clubs is far far superior to in Spain where unequal TV distribution destroyed the League.

The Fact is Arsenal generate huge amounts of cash, huge revenues and in footballing terms are a pretty big financial superpower in terms of world football. Arsenal could compete they have the financial resources, they had one of the biggest wage bills in Britain and even more so by the shipping out of the dead wood even more space has been generated.

The game has changed and do Arsenal want to compete?? Yes Chelsea, City go out and spend but so could Arsenal the fact you choose not to is down to Wenger and the Board, not because the finances are not available.

Big clubs exist to win but your post seems to suggest you are just happy to exist. This is Arsenal we are talking about one of the biggest names in football, you aint a Tottenham who have done nothing for 50 years or a mid-ranking side this is a side who not so long ago were THE team, reaching Champions League Final, Invincibles etc etc.

Arsenal fans pay through the roof and deserve better. The least Wenger and the board can do is show that ambition to compete, attempt to be winners don't just sit and accept your fate. Even by going out and making a big signing it sends out the right statement and gives the fans hope. Arsenal have to change with the time your not a club who it aint financially viable for you CAN compete and SHOULD compete.

Arsenal has to change your "policy" is all lovely etc but it aint worked, in business who continues on a road which don't bring success. The Fans turn up every week because they want to see Arsenal win, they want to see success, they want to see trophies, they don't go spend fortunes and support the side in the hope that the Bank Balance looks pretty.

The only way Arsenal are ever going to compete for one of the big two titles is through spending to get better players your players might be good enough to win a FA Cup but not the big two., better players cost money it is not a difficult concept.

It is so frustrating, you need a fundamental shift in mentality and that ultimately for me is what is holding you back.

Sorry thought this was an Arsenal thread, how unusual to see a United fan obsessed with Liverpool.

Reason my club has gone downhill is through a number of factors not a "policy"

Arsenal 6-7 years ago were winning cups, titles, reaching Champions league finals and now there memories consist of celebrating fourth do you expect them to be happy??

Put it this way if the titles for United dried up, Moyes was there seven years later and United were scrambling round for 4th every season whilst watching City and Chelsea dominate and win everything whilst you had the financial resources to compete but your board decided not to would you be happy??

No you wouldn't.[/quote']

and how obsessed is a lLiverpool supporter with Arsenal.

and what are those factors?I'll tell you.you are no more a good force in the football world and pay ridiculous fees for players plus you have got no more a good manager and then you slate Wenger.

Who would be happy if his team isnt winning?the fact is that a supporter should be with his team in the good and bad and support them even if they have the financial power and just believe in the manager plus If I had wenger as a manager I would trust in him even if you dont win a trophy for another 5 years.