Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

and how obsessed is a lLiverpool supporter with Arsenal.

and what are those factors?I'll tell you.you are no more a good force in the football world and pay ridiculous fees for players plus you have got no more a good manager and then you slate Wenger.

Who would be happy if his team isnt winning?the fact is that a supporter should be with his team in the good and bad and support them even if they have the financial power and just believe in the manager plus If I had wenger as a manager I would trust in him even if you dont win a trophy for another 5 years.

I sure as hell wouldn't!

and how obsessed is a lLiverpool supporter with Arsenal.

and what are those factors?I'll tell you.you are no more a good force in the football world and pay ridiculous fees for players plus you have got no more a good manager and then you slate Wenger.

Who would be happy if his team isnt winning?the fact is that a supporter should be with his team in the good and bad and support them even if they have the financial power and just believe in the manager plus If I had wenger as a manager I would trust in him even if you dont win a trophy for another 5 years.

There you go again Obsessed with Liverpool.......

Il remind you this is an ARSENAL discussion thread hence therefore why I am discussing ARSENAL.......

Not difficult to understand is it????

There you go again Obsessed with Liverpool.......

Il remind you this is an ARSENAL discussion thread hence therefore why I am discussing ARSENAL.......

Not difficult to understand is it????

there you go again trying to get off the real topic and escape from the truth.

I sure as hell wouldn't!

mate the thing isnt this.

We all know Wenger is a top top manager and if he keeps on signing youth players who give him a return and start finishing 2nd and challenging for 1st I'd be supporting him.

Already said most clubs do it as you would know if you quoted my whole post ;)

Don't make it right does it???

same with you and Gotze clearly Bayern obtained this "information" and then acted upon it' date=' I ain't saying it Dont happen but it don't make it right.

So for Arsenal fans to be crying the respect and good faith argument is absurd, where does the £1 above 40 show acting in "good faith" it don't.

hey gambled on the terms of his contract and it would appear between them, Suarez and his agent they have got it wrong no point in wallowing in it but it does raise question marks yet again but the Arsenal manger, board and there transfer policy.

All summer long we have heard it is going to be different, we will spend, wage structure will change etc etc the proof is in the pudding Nd you have to say that actions do not support the rhetoric so far. I think every sane Arsenal fan knows this current crop of players is not good enough to get them to where they really want to be.[/quote']

I did read your whole post indeed. My point is that you are the only one complaining. Never once in my life have I heard a club complaining about a release clause being met in terms of "how did the others know?".

Every single player and every single club know what they are doing when they agree to such a clause in their contract.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Release clauses are there for a reason.

there you go again trying to get off the real topic and escape from the truth.

No I haven't I have posted a long post completely on topic and not derogatory in any way just offering a view' date=' are you incapable of reading??

Erm, he's right though. Ray would be more than happy to discuss all things Liverpool in the appropriate thread.

Thank You kind Sir

I am more than happy to discuss all of our failings on the relevant thread :)

I did read your whole post indeed. My point is that you are the only one complaining. Never once in my life have I heard a club complaining about a release clause being met in terms of "how did the others know?".

Every single player and every single club know what they are doing when they agree to such a clause in their contract.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Release clauses are there for a reason.[/QUOTE]

1- There is something wrong about obtaining information where a confidentiality clause has been put in.

2- Suarez does not have a "release clause" you must keep up ;)

Anyhow we can continue that elsewhere

Suppose it keeps the shareholders happy.

I pity the morons that buy season tickets year after year on a stream of broken dreams' date=' promises,players leaving etc.

As long as 4th place is achieved eh?[/quote']

I would always hope we can challenge, but there is a point where that isn't possible based on mathmatical points available. When 4th can only be achieved at that stage of the season and it gives something as important as Champions League football, then yes of course it's celebrated.

Your season target is top 4, ours is to be winners, but then the past seasons we have fallen back and had to settle for 4th. Big difference and I would rather not spend that kind of money on the players you purchase.

Wow just wow! You call Wenger bad at dealings because he doesn't play little games with clubs? Because he doesn't over pay? Because he makes our club self efficient? Because we have a future for the next 50 years? Because he actually can sign top players for small fees such as Cazorla? Yeah ok then.

He didn't have to play any games. Madrid valued Higuain at £27m before Ancelloti turned up and if you'd paid it sharpish he'd be your player now. It's not overpaying - his strike rate is fantastic and he'd score a bucket load of goals for you.

Stop using your efficiency and future as an excuse for not getting deals done. Gazidis was asked in June if he could spend £20m on a player and give them £200k a week and he replied they could do more than that! Either you're being lied to or Wenger doesn't have a clue how to cope in the higher end of the market. These are world class players and you have to pay a premium to get them.

Name another recent example other than Cazorla.

1- There is something wrong about obtaining information where a confidentiality clause has been put in.

2- Suarez does not have a "release clause" you must keep up ;)

Anyhow we can continue that elsewhere

Suarez's agent believed he did have a release clause, hence he was advertising it as such.

He didn't have to play any games. Madrid valued Higuain at £27m before Ancelloti turned up and if you'd paid it sharpish he'd be your player now. It's not overpaying - his strike rate is fantastic and he'd score a bucket load of goals for you.

Stop using your efficiency and future as an excuse for not getting deals done. Gazidis was asked in June if he could spend £20m on a player and give them £200k a week and he replied they could do more than that! Either you're being lied to or Wenger doesn't have a clue how to cope in the higher end of the market. These are world class players and you have to pay a premium to get them.

Name another recent example other than Cazorla.

Firstly we agreed a fee which then got changed. Has already been well documented. Plus as I said yes he scores goals but offers little else, doesn't really run at defenders or have any pace. But give him a shot on goal and he will score.

I can name more than one, I will do one though as you asked. Koscienly.... Yeah what was that?

Firstly we agreed a fee which then got changed. Has already been well documented. Plus as I said yes he scores goals but offers little else' date=' doesn't really run at defenders or have any pace. But give him a shot on goal and he will score.

I can name more than one, I will do one though as you asked. Koscienly.... Yeah what was that?[/quote']

Scoring goals is what wins you games though and gives you the 3 points and we all know that points mean prizes...;):P

Firstly we agreed a fee which then got changed. Has already been well documented. Plus as I said yes he scores goals but offers little else' date=' doesn't really run at defenders or have any pace. But give him a shot on goal and he will score.

I can name more than one, I will do one though as you asked. Koscienly.... Yeah what was that?[/quote']

Koscielny isn't big name signing. He proved to be an excellent signing but he's practically nobody before he join Arsenal. Cazorla is already Euro and World Cup winner when he join from Arsenal. Cazorla transfer in anomaly. You usually can't get a player of his calibre and reputation with the amount you pay. It only happen as Malaga need to sell quickly. Stop thinking you can get a big name player with that fee again.

You spent a while bartering down Madrid's asking price. Had you met their demands immediately then the transfer could have gone through before Ancelotti came in with his higher valuation of the player. I think he could certainly be deemed worth £27m given that he's just moved for £35m...

I can only think of 6 CBs who have moved to PL clubs for less than Koscielny: Luiz, Carvalho, Lescott, Nastasic, Ferdinand and Jones. Much better players than Koscielny, such as Vidic and Kompany, moved for considerably less and £10m for a CB is hardly bargain hunting.

Hardly Hurts??? If it don't it should and smacks of exactly what is wrong with the mentality of certain sections of Arsenal football club.

Do you want to be looking on every season whilst the Chavs' date=' City and United win all of the trophies and you are an afterthought??

Yes City and Chelsea have changed the landscape of English Football but comparing it to La Liga is complete nonsense. The distribution of money in England the revenues generated by clubs is far far superior to in Spain where unequal TV distribution destroyed the League.

The Fact is Arsenal generate huge amounts of cash, huge revenues and in footballing terms are a pretty big financial superpower in terms of world football. Arsenal could compete they have the financial resources, they had one of the biggest wage bills in Britain and even more so by the shipping out of the dead wood even more space has been generated.

The game has changed and do Arsenal want to compete?? Yes Chelsea, City go out and spend but so could Arsenal the fact you choose not to is down to Wenger and the Board, not because the finances are not available.

Big clubs exist to win but your post seems to suggest you are just happy to exist. This is Arsenal we are talking about one of the biggest names in football, you aint a Tottenham who have done nothing for 50 years or a mid-ranking side this is a side who not so long ago were THE team, reaching Champions League Final, Invincibles etc etc.

Arsenal fans pay through the roof and deserve better. The least Wenger and the board can do is show that ambition to compete, attempt to be winners don't just sit and accept your fate. Even by going out and making a big signing it sends out the right statement and gives the fans hope. Arsenal have to change with the time your not a club who it aint financially viable for you CAN compete and SHOULD compete.

Arsenal has to change your "policy" is all lovely etc but it aint worked, in business who continues on a road which don't bring success. The Fans turn up every week because they want to see Arsenal win, they want to see success, they want to see trophies, they don't go spend fortunes and support the side in the hope that the Bank Balance looks pretty.

The only way Arsenal are ever going to compete for one of the big two titles is through spending to get better players your players might be good enough to win a FA Cup but not the big two., better players cost money it is not a difficult concept.

It is so frustrating, you need a fundamental shift in mentality and that ultimately for me is what is holding you back..[/quote']

Ray you have basically said all the things that we already know. However to question our mentality? Come on that's poor.

We all want to win. Specially Wenger. However we won't go against our history to break the mould. The thing you and other fans don't realise is that this is how we have always operated and always will. We never sold our soul to the devil. I am proud of this, shows commitment and hard work.

As it has been proven, it is far easier to win titles when we splash out over 500 million (Chelsea & City).

However we have always believed we can compete with teams by doing it within our means. You won't understand because your club isn't run like ours. And I am not saying that in a rude way it's just pure fact. However many of teams are taking a page out of our book on how to run a club, so can't be all bad.

I have said this a million times before though and you never listen. Our club is not run like Others we have a manager who cares about the future and not just the present. Can you really find a fault in that?

I think some of you need to learn about loans and interest before you keep demanding clubs to spend big.

You spent a while bartering down Madrid's asking price. Had you met their demands immediately then the transfer could have gone through before Ancelotti came in with his higher valuation of the player. I think he could certainly be deemed worth £27m given that he's just moved for £35m...

I can only think of 6 CBs who have moved to PL clubs for less than Koscielny: Luiz' date=' Carvalho, Lescott, Nastasic, Ferdinand and Jones. Much better players than Koscielny, such as Vidic and Kompany, moved for considerably less and £10m for a CB is hardly bargain hunting.[/quote']

I don't want to go over this Madrid thing again. I have already said 100 times, we agreed a price but Perez wouldn't allow the deal to go through until Carlo said yes... So no not our fault.

Fine if you don't find Kos to be a bargain which may I add he is. What about players such as Nasri? Rosicky maybe? Then you get some players who we did spend big on such as Arshavin who was awful. You see what I mean? Money don't mean success.

I don't want to go over this Madrid thing again. I have already said 100 times' date=' we agreed a price but Perez wouldn't allow the deal to go through until Carlo said yes... So no not our fault.

Fine if you don't find Kos to be a bargain which may I add he is. What about players such as Nasri? Rosicky maybe? Then you get some players who we did spend big on such as Arshavin who was awful. You see what I mean? Money don't mean success.[/quote']

Yeah but what is £4m to a team like Arsenal? The quicker Wenger/the Arsenal board learn some negotiation skills the better...

Also if Wenger cares about the youth system then he should really learn how to spot a decent young player then...names such as Zlatan and Cristiano spring to mind:p

Yeah but what is £4m to a team like Arsenal? The quicker Wenger/the Arsenal board learn some negotiation skills the better...

Also if Wenger cares about the youth system then he should really learn how to spot a decent young player then...names such as Zlatan and Cristiano spring to mind:p

Think it was the principle of going back on their word not the fee for your information.

Yeah I suppose players like Anelka etc... Just wasn't good enough.

Your talking drivel lad.

Not as bad as Blackburn knocking back Zidane "Why do you want to sign Zidane when we have Tim Sherwood?" Jack Walker 1995 :D

Actually there is already a good example where we spend a huge sum of money for a player and that is Henry. 11mil during 1999 is like 40-50mil at this current market price. Gotta admit, time has changed and Wenger has not unless we really got our hands onto Suarez.

Actually there is already a good example where we spend a huge sum of money for a player and that is Henry. 11mil during 1999 is like 40-50mil at this current market price. Gotta admit' date=' time has changed and Wenger has not unless we really got our hands onto Suarez.[/quote']

EZ don't take this the wrong way but when you chose Arsenal as your club did we do anything different than today? No.

We brought a young Anelka for 500k and sold him for over 20 mil to fund Henry and a new trading ground that prolonged careers for our players.

Actually there is already a good example where we spend a huge sum of money for a player and that is Henry. 11mil during 1999 is like 40-50mil at this current market price. Gotta admit' date=' time has changed and Wenger has not unless we really got our hands onto Suarez.[/quote']

Wasn't that funded by the sale of Anelka though?

Bellerin' date=' Hayden..:P, Zelalem and trialist Bensebaini were in 1st team training yesterday and trialist Sebastian Perez didn't feature but could play man city..

According to AFC Academy anyway..[/quote']

Sebastian Perez has been given permission to play for Arsenal against City today.

Looking forward to see how he plays..

EZ don't take this the wrong way but when you chose Arsenal as your club did we do anything different than today? No.

We brought a young Anelka for 500k and sold him for over 20 mil to fund Henry and a new trading ground that prolonged careers for our players.

And don't get me wrong. I am not saying that to relate to your previous argument with Stuart. I am just saying that we did spend big before and I still have some faith that Wenger will because we have the money to spend now especially if we want to win the EPL' date=' now is the best time to spend.

Wasn't that funded by the sale of Anelka though?

Yes, I know. Thank you for reminding in case you think I didn't though.