Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Ray you have basically said all the things that we already know. However to question our mentality? Come on that's poor.

We all want to win. Specially Wenger. However we won't go against our history to break the mould. The thing you and other fans don't realise is that this is how we have always operated and always will. We never sold our soul to the devil. I am proud of this' date=' shows commitment and hard work.

As it has been proven, it is far easier to win titles when we splash out over 500 million (Chelsea & City).

However we have always believed we can compete with teams by doing it within our means. You won't understand because your club isn't run like ours. And I am not saying that in a rude way it's just pure fact. However many of teams are taking a page out of our book on how to run a club, so can't be all bad.

I have said this a million times before though and you never listen. Our club is not run like Others we have a manager who cares about the future and not just the present. Can you really find a fault in that?

I think some of you need to learn about loans and interest before you keep demanding clubs to spend big.[/quote']

Why is it poor, you yourself said it Dont hurt and it should.

I think it is more than legitimate to question the mentality of some fans, the board and Wenger.

The FACT is football has changed and unless you change you will as is already happening be left behind.

I question the mentality of your lot allowing that to happen when you have got more than enough resources to compete. Your posts are a clear indication you don't have a "winners mentality" in my book.

you say you want to win, but do you really because unless you have a fundamental change in attitude it won't happen. Arsenal won't collapse if they get the chequebook out and make some big quality signings it is more than financially able to.

No point comparing other clubs lower down the league who are getting more and more financially prudent that is mainly because they have to and they ain't got the revenues that Arsenal do be it commercially, sponsorship, Champions League money etc etc.

You mention value for money but sometimes you have to overpay that is just the way of modern football to get the players that will REALLY make a difference at the top level that is gunna make the REAL difference.

Chelsea and City keep improving and you are being left behind and freely allowing it to happen when it don't have to.

it ain't even the fact that you ain't winning anything, it is the fact you are not even attempting to use the resources you have to bridge the gap. It might not work but at least try your fans deserve that.

The club deserve to give the fans some hope at the very least.

And don't get me wrong. I am not saying that to relate to your previous argument with Stuart. I am just saying that we did spend big before and I still have some faith that Wenger will because we have the money to spend now especially if we want to win the EPL' date=' now is the best time to spend[/quote']

Fair enough. I think you will find we have always sold players to buy players though. Never have we had a huge outlay. And on some occasions when we have brought an expensive player we sold others to compensate. It's just how our club has always run. Some clubs have changed their theory on things but we have stuck to our guns. It gets us a lot of abuse from other fans but they don't see that when a chairman spends a lot of money he actually holds it as a loan against the club. When that chairman decided to leave then the club has a huge debt. Chelsea owe Roman over 600 mil... If he ever chooses to sell that is.

There is a fine line with football clubs. Of course all football club's boards want the club to run at a profit, why wouldn't they, but I personally feel that the line has been crossed now with Arsenal. It's being run as a massively profitable business rather than a profitable and ambitious football club.

Why is it poor' date=' you yourself said it Dont hurt and it should.

I think it is more than legitimate to question the mentality of some fans, the board and Wenger.

The FACT is football has changed and unless you change you will as is already happening be left behind.

I question the mentality of your lot allowing that to happen when you have got more than enough resources to compete. Your posts are a clear indication you don't have a "winners mentality" in my book.

you say you want to win, but do you really because unless you have a fundamental change in attitude it won't happen. Arsenal won't collapse if they get the chequebook out and make some big quality signings it is more than financially able to.

No point comparing other clubs lower down the league who are getting more and more financially prudent that is mainly because they have to and they ain't got the revenues that Arsenal do be it commercially, sponsorship, Champions League money etc etc.

You mention value for money but sometimes you have to overpay that is just the way of modern football to get the players that will REALLY make a difference at the top level that is gunna make the REAL difference.

Chelsea and City keep improving and you are being left behind and freely allowing it to happen when it don't have to.

it ain't even the fact that you ain't winning anything, it is the fact you are not even attempting to use the resources you have to bridge the gap. It might not work but at least try your fans deserve that.

The club deserve to give the fans some hope at the very least.[/quote']

Good debate and nice points. I respect that.

I can see how you would view our club not trying but we actually are. I said it already (sorry to use your club) we don't operate like Liverpool which is over spending on not so great players and hoping that they work out. I don't mean that as a dig at you and I am fully aware you are talking about Arsenal and not Liverpool. However in this case you need to use other clubs to compare.

We have ALWAYS been like this, even when we had the top stars they all came with either damaged reps or unknown players. We as a club make them a better player.

It's our history.

I know you say we need to get with the times but for example over 20 million for Jovetic? Come on the guy was slack last season even his own team mates had enough with him. Do we really want to emulate City with there wild and strange signings? No.

Another thing, when a chairman or owner buys players do you think it goes from his bank balance or does he set up a personal loan with the club? I can promise its the latter. When these owners want out they then start to claim back their loan. And as been reported before Chelsea if they get a new owner will be in over 600 million worth of debt.

We however don't have to worry about this. We are very secure more so than any other team in England. Man Utd have great revenues to keep them afloat but one bad season could make their share price drop and then you will see what happens.

I myself working in the finance industry know full well the value of loans and trust me all these new fans happy with signings for 20 mil today won't be that happy the day the owner wants out.

As for ours mentality I said it was a poor question because who doesn't want to win. It's pretty common sense, I don't even think it warrants an actual answer.

However as you have been very good in your debate I will give you one.

We offered a new contract to RVP which wasn't enough. However we had already agreed to buy Podolski, plus we was looking at Cazorla and Giroud. The year before that we signed Gervinho who worked wonders under Garcia for Lille. We was always looking to improve, however sometimes people see we lose a player and think that we don't care. That is truly not the case.

To sum this up though we will never do a Man City and good! I am proud of my club for not changing its spots. Not giving in to peer pressure. Not copying other clubs.

I think the only thing that I can hand on heart be annoyed about is how we deal with contracts but we have learned from that now... I hope.

We are slow in the market, however you have to look at all the reason why, such as lack of quality, lack of availability, more money in France than players, the list goes on.

Not saying we shouldn't of signed anyone as that would be a lie. However some teams have messed us around for targets. And other clubs are smoking something ;).

I can assure you that Arsenal are trying to improve from the very grass roots, starting with deadwood to youth players to first team players. We are certainly trying just this years window has been hectic to say the least.