Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

If we do Gustavo then I can see Cazorla pushed onto the wing :o

Ideally I would want Arteta and Wilshere rotating in the middle with Gustavo at DM and leaving Cazorla in the middle and pushing Podo up the order at least on the Wing spot :)

Gustavo will be a rotation player, but will see more time at Arsenal than he would at Munich doing this. (Far from being confirmed or done yet)

;2690576']Throw a £10m bid in' date=' get the paperwork, bob's your teapot.

Guessing 31st August this will be concluded.[/quote']

He's probably valued at €18-25M but we could probably get him around €15-18M if Bayern don't want him... Still see him ending up at Chelsea though.

;2690619']Gustavo will be a rotation player' date=' but will see more time at Arsenal than he would at Munich doing this. (Far from being confirmed or done yet)[/quote']

Should play 40+ games a season if he were to join us, rotation player? Na.. That's what Ramsey and the Walcotts are for.

He's probably valued at €18-25M but we could probably get him around €15-18M if Bayern don't want him... Still see him ending up at Chelsea though.

Should play 40+ games a season if he were to join us' date=' rotation player? Na.. That's what [b']Ramsey[/b] and the Walcotts are for.

You know that Ramsey and Wenger are in love, I'm being realistic.

Ramsey featured 36 times last season in the PL, only Cazorla featured more.

P.S. Never knew until now Miquel joined Leicester.

Should play 40+ games a season if he were to join us' date=' rotation player? Na.. That's what Ramsey and the Walcotts are for.[/quote']

Are you being serious?

Should play 40+ games a season if he were to join us' date=' rotation player? Na.. That's what Ramsey and the Walcotts are for.[/quote']

Walcott is one of our top players.

Top goals scorer and most assits and a huge fan favourite. No chance of him being left out of the team unless he is unfit or suspended or fatigued.

Are you being serious?

He's been linked with Chelsea a lot more than arsenal and well I just can't see him joining us :(

Walcott is one of our top players.

Top goals scorer and most assits and a huge fan favourite. No chance of him being left out of the team unless he is unfit or suspended or fatigued.

I didn't say he would be left out, It's obvious he won't be left out with him and wenger being love buddy's after all.

Top goal scorer and assists for arsenal means jack...

Last season, Lennon > Walcott. Stats rarely tell the whole story.

All in all, Luiz Gustavo isn't a very good player though. Can't think of any particular strengths that he possesses.

Might be serviceable for Arsenal though given the top tier talent already in their midfield. Would Arsenal fans consider the DM position their greatest weakness? Otherwise it wouldn't make sense to pay anything more than 10m for him.

Your team need proper defensive type midfielder badly and Gustavo come to "just" become rotation player? :eek:

My thoughts exactly. The guy is a starter for Brazil NT, which is a tad better than Arsenal, to say the least. Quite obviously Arsenal wouldn't even get him if "a rotation player" was only role they could promise to him. He is on move in order to be a starter. It's bad for Bayern to lose him, for they do need him in the long season, but understandable that he wants out as it is just one year to the World Cup. Apparently they feel that Kirchoff can offer a good enough DM backup, but imo they are pretty thin on that position and Gustavo is second best defensive midfielder in the club (after Martinez, whom Pep insist playing in defence).

Heard Napoli is close to sign Gustavo. Arsenal should make their move fast now, Gustavo is just what they need. Another great option for Arsenal would be Capoue, whom I've heard is on his way to Spurs - which makes no sense whatsoever. If Wenger is going to go a full season of Premier League and CL football with only Arteta to lineup in defensive midfield, backed up only by Ramsey and, god forbid it, Frimpong, then I just say good luck, because he'll need a heck of a lot of it.

this Perez guy might be good though, but he is a bit inexperienced, to say the least.

He's been linked with Chelsea a lot more than arsenal and well I just can't see him joining us :(

I didn't say he would be left out' date=' It's obvious he won't be left out with him and wenger being love buddy's after all.

Last season, Lennon > Walcott. Stats rarely tell the whole story.[/quote']

Firstly Mourinho has said he has finished with the transfer market and only Rooney is his target. It would be Wolfsburg or us by the looks of things.

As for being Arsenal top GS and AS meaning jack... Well that's just your view. Gladly the club don't seem to take that sort of approach.

Plus Theo was better than Lennon in every area whether that be tackles or assists or goals.

Stats are questionable, due to basic factors. However you can't ignore cold hard evidence.

I didn't say he would be left out' date=' It's obvious he won't be left out with him and wenger being love buddy's after all.

Last season, Lennon > Walcott. Stats rarely tell the whole story.[/quote']

Scoring 19 goals does mean something.

Walcott was better than Lennon, he had an end product and goals and assists are fairly important statistics. Lennon didn't make anywhere near as much impact for Spurs as Walcott did for Arsenal.

Without Walcott's goals last season you wouldn't be talking about the possibility of signing Luis Gustavo because you wouldn't have finished in the top four.

Wenger picks him week in week out because he's your biggest attacking threat, if he didn't pick him then he'd be getting a lot of criticism and rightly so. Walcott isn't perfect, but what he lacks Gervinho and Chamberlain lacked even more so last season. Walcott should be one of the first few names on his team sheet.

Without Walcott's goals last season you wouldn't be talking about the possibility of signing Luis Gustavo because you wouldn't have finished in the top four.

Wenger picks him week in week out because he's your biggest attacking threat' date='[/quote']

Ovbiously he helped us to 4th spot but does that mean he should be a starter? Nope.

Thats what I find embarrassing considering he ain't that great, We should definately improve in that area..

Ovbiously he helped us to 4th spot but does that mean he should be a starter? Nope.

Thats what I find embarrassing considering he ain't that great' date=' We should definately improve in that area..[/quote']

Who do you think should have been a starter then? Gervinho? Chamberlain?

Whether or not you think you should sign someone else is another issue .

Who do you think should have been a starter then? Gervinho? Chamberlain?

Whether or not you think you should sign someone else is another issue .

Ovbiously Walcott has to start ahead of them but we should have a better winger in and Walcott should be benched or sold.