Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

He's been linked with Chelsea a lot more than arsenal and well I just can't see him joining us :(

I didn't say he would be left out' date=' It's obvious he won't be left out with him and wenger being love buddy's after all.

Top goal scorer and assists for arsenal means jack...

Last season, [b']Lennon > Walcott[/b]. Stats rarely tell the whole story.

Are you sure? Most Spurs fans said it was one of Lennons worst seasons.

Walcott was one of our better players last season and Stats do speak the truth on this occasion he had the best season he's ever had at the club.

That last comment absolutely baffled me.

So you agree with Wenger's decision to start him regularly after all?

Not really, Walcott should only start because we don't have better quality in that position. I know we'll have to stick with the likes if Walcott, But if we want to push on he shouldn't be starting and get a better player in (although a top Right winger is pretty hard to come across and well why would a player with true quality want to join us?)

Not really' date=' Walcott should only start because we don't have better quality in that position. I know we'll have to stick with the likes if Walcott, But if we want to push on he shouldn't be starting and get a better player in (although a top Right winger is pretty hard to come across and well why would a player with true quality want to join us?)[/quote']

Not sure what you are on about tbh. There really isn't that many quality RM or RW left on the market. Walcott is head and shoulders better than Lennon. Also Lennon had a pretty woeful season, mainly due to injury but that was certainly not Lennons best season. However that was Walcotts best season IMO.

Not really' date=' Walcott should only start because we don't have better quality in that position. I know we'll have to stick with the likes if Walcott, But if we want to push on he shouldn't be starting and get a better player in (although a top Right winger is pretty hard to come across and well why would a player with true quality want to join us?)[/quote']

Your gave Wenger stick for playing Walcott regularly, but that's what he has to do.

Of course ideally you'd be bringing in better players than Walcott, but in reality your going to do well to keep players like Walcott. You've said it yourself, your not going to be able to bring in a quality right winger because quality costs money and your not prepared to spend it.

Pretty sure it was Lennons best season to date.

Lennon produced more in 2009/10 then he did last season.

Last season in the Premier League Lennon scored 4 goals and assisted 8 times but played 2823 minutes' date=' in 09/10 he scored 3 goals and assisted 10 times but played a lot less in this season too just 1801 minutes.

Comparing Lennon's stats to Walcott's in the Premier League last season Walcott scored 14 goals and assisted 13 times compared to Lennons 4 goals and 8 assists.

Walcott also played [b']less[/b] minutes then Lennon did last season and still has better stats, Walcott played only 2286 minutes compared to Lennon's 2823 minutes.

Yet the difference in stats is huge.

As i say most Spurs fans i speak too Lennon doesn't make there starting eleven this season (again its not everyone but the few i've spoken too have said this)

So to possibly say Lennon > Walcott last season is ludicrous.

Walcott was always chastised for not having enough technical ability and lacking an end product. He's improved massively in both those areas for me so why he keeps being put down is beyond me.

I don't think there is a clear spot that you need to improve on - all of your players are of a fairly similar standard - but I'd say none/very few could be considered world class.

Stats are not the be all and end all but yeah even I would find it hard to argue Lennon over Walcott.

Although they're different style of players and different positions, Walcott offers a lot more going forward with his goalthreat and his ability to put sweaty goals on a plate for the striker.

Stats are not the be all and end all but yeah even I would find it hard to argue Lennon over Walcott.

Although they're different style of players and different positions' date=' Walcott offers a lot more going forward with his goalthreat and his ability to put sweaty goals on a plate for the striker.[/quote']

That is a fair comment.

Anyway the bid for Gustavo is in according to Sky Sports.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8867137/transfer-news-arsenal-table-bid-for-bayern-munichs-luiz-gustavo

Thought Wenger would be going in cheap, considering where he is in the pecking order at Bayern. £17.2m.

Certainly shows intent.

Napoli have shown an interest :rolleyes:

Reports have stated that Keisuke Honda to Milan that the deal has stalled, come on Arsene pull your finger out and show even more intent and get him.

Lennon over Walcott :P:o Hayden defo been doing crack or something...

;2691084']Thought Wenger would be going in cheap' date=' considering where he is in the pecking order at Bayern. £17.2m.

Certainly shows intent.

Napoli have shown an interest :rolleyes:

Reports have stated that Keisuke Honda to Milan that the deal has stalled, come on Arsene pull your finger out and show even more intent and get him.

Lennon over Walcott :P:o Hayden defo been doing crack or something...[/quote']

Hopefully we do get Gustavo, Napoli are definately after a DM apparently so it could be Higuain part II :(. Wouldn't mind Honda as well but that's what you call dreaming.

Maybe I go a bit far with Wall(Y)cott :o, If he were to score 25+ goals next season I still probably wouldn't rate him.

Hopefully we do get Gustavo' date=' Napoli are definately after a DM apparently so it could be Higuain part II :(. Wouldn't mind Honda as well but that's what you call dreaming.

Maybe I go a bit far with Wall(Y)cott :o, If he were to score 25+ goals next season I still probably wouldn't rate him.[/quote']

Can't see Napoli being serious with him when they have Inler who had a terrific season last year.

As for Theo I have no idea why you wouldn't like him. One of few players who gives his all for the shirt. Sometimes he tries to hard. Even still if you go to the Enirates you will notice he gets a louder cheer than Wilshere. Only Cazorla gets a louder cheer.

I'm not saying change your mind Hayden as you are more than welcome to support who you want. However not liking our clubs top GS and AS is very strange.

Can't see Napoli being serious with him when they have Inler who had a terrific season last year.

As for Theo I have no idea why you wouldn't like him. One of few players who gives his all for the shirt. Sometimes he tries to hard. Even still if you go to the Enirates you will notice he gets a louder cheer than Wilshere. Only Cazorla gets a louder cheer.

I'm not saying change your mind Hayden as you are more than welcome to support who you want. However not liking our clubs top GS and AS is very strange.

They certainly need him in terms of quality depth. They only have Behrami,Inler and Dzemaili who are senior players who can play there and Radosevic still too young so with they are in CL,Gustavo definitely will add quality,experience and depth. I know you are desperately hoping they are not serious after what happened with Higuain,but i can see you are left disappointed again

I have to admit I do agree on most of what Hayden says but to say Lennon over Walcott was a tad daft :P I dont rate Lennon at all and in the last 2 seasons Walcott has completely overtaken him. Why does Walcott get so much stick , Ill admit hes no Hazard or Bale but he offers a very good attacking threat and his end product is getting a lot better. And besides spurs have finally realised how good Lennon is next season they brought Chadli who I rate miles ahead of Lennon :P

On Gustavo , I was the first to come and say he would start in our team but quickly dismissed by someone but I stand by what I said. Gustavo is a very good player and will be more important in the DM role than Arteta or dare I say it Wilshire. I will stand by I think Arteta and Wilshire would need to be rotated to keep Cazorla at AM and to fit Gustavo at DM.

Whoever mention Honda has a great point , Why on earth are we not jumping on this? Around 5 million quid could get us a immensely talented player who would be worth around 3 times that normally. I dont see why english always seem to miss out on these types of bargains :confused:

Whoever mention Honda has a great point ' date=' Why on earth are we not jumping on this? Around 5 million quid could get us a immensely talented player who would be worth around 3 times that normally. I dont see why english always seem to miss out on these types of bargains :confused:[/quote']

It is stupid from pretty much everybody to let him go to Milan for that cheap. If that's the price, I'd imagine a dozen of clubs, at least, to file in their bid and go and catch a player who, not only is very good and useful for most clubs, also is big in Japan and will sell merchandise probably worth more than his wage there.

On Gustavo ' date=' I was the first to come and say he would start in our team but quickly dismissed by someone but I stand by what I said. Gustavo is a very good player and will be more important in the DM role than Arteta or dare I say it Wilshire. I will stand by I think Arteta and Wilshire would need to be rotated to keep Cazorla at AM and to fit Gustavo at DM.[/quote']

Yeh, I have to agree with this. Gustavo will be head and shoulders above the others when it comes to defending eg positioning and tackling, his passing isn't bad either.

Chamakh to Palace (PERMANENT) for an undisclosed fee. Feel sorry for them...

But probably go on to win League Cup or something, as it always happens when people leave Arsenal.

Wenger, stuck to his word, got rid of the rubbish, shame it isn't the same for buying people in.

I think that is now around £400k a week so far wiped off the wage bill.

Bendtner is the one that needs to be sold next, not heard a thing about him in pre-season or anything to do with Arsenal.