Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

The staggering part is we got a fee. I don't care if it's a quid' date=' it's still a bloody miracle.[/quote']

Would guess realistically £1m, only a one year deal.

Sky Sports:

The 29-year-old arrived at The Emirates in June 2010 but failed to hold down a regular spot in Arsene Wenger's team and has been allowed to join the Gunners' Premier League rivals.

Are they as high as Hayden?

The staggering part is we got a fee. I don't care if it's a quid' date=' it's still a bloody miracle.[/quote']

Could be a nominal 1m fee, with Arsenal subsidizing some of his wages. Not sure how Chamakh's wages fit into Palace's wage structure

Could be a nominal 1m fee' date=' with Arsenal subsidizing some of his wages. Not sure how Chamakh's wages fit into Palace's wage structure[/quote']

Really hope Chamakh does a great job at Palace as he will get the run of games he deserves and under Holloway he has a manager who certainly has a bit of belief in him.

Most likely his wages are subsidized by a low transfer fee, and works for Palace as their signings are solid at best and won't hurt them if they are relegated.

Chamakh.png

Really hope Chamakh does a great job at Palace as he will get the run of games he deserves and under Holloway he has a manager who certainly has a bit of belief in him.

Most likely his wages are subsidized by a low transfer fee' date=' and works for Palace as their signings are solid at best and won't hurt them if they are relegated.

[center']Chamakh.png[/center]

I hope and think he will do well for Palace.

When he first arrived he was very good, once RvP was fit again he never got another chance and lost all his confidence.

Could turn out to be a great signing for them.

Most likely his wages are subsidized by a low transfer fee' date=' and works for Palace as their signings are solid at best and won't hurt them if they are relegated.

Oh looks like his wages were low enough that Arsenal probably got away from it without having to pay a % of his wages after he leaves.

I hope and think he will do well for Palace.

When he first arrived he was very good' date=' once RvP was fit again he never got another chance and lost all his confidence.

Could turn out to be a great signing for them.[/quote']

yeah-getting games in an offensive minded set up should work out well for him. Wish him all the best -and hope He keeps Ollies Lads in the EPL :D

Oh looks like his wages were low enough that Arsenal probably got away from it without having to pay a % of his wages after he leaves.

I think it's rumored to be 60 k -so might be a compromise with his wages, Palaces wage structure and Arsenal transfer fee (if there is any) ..

I really hope Gustavo joins you and not somebody else. He is a decent player but got no chance in our midfield. I personally wouldn't sell him but this retarted system change makes him abundant.

He should fit well in the Prem as he is a very physical player and doesn't shy away from contact. The refs in the Prem blowing the whistle a bit more loosely than over here will also work in his favour.

However, he needs a very good creator midfielder (such as Schweinsteiger) next to him as he is rather limited in offense. He mostly wins the ball and then passes it 2m to the guy next to him. He has had the highest passing percentage in the entire Bundesliga last season which is a result of that playing style. He is still able to play a decent pass or two but most of the times doesn't.

If you were looking for a tough physical def mid, you found him. If you were looking for a box to box player who can support the offense, he ain't that

I really hope Gustavo joins you and not somebody else. He is a decent player but got no chance in our midfield. I personally wouldn't sell him but this retarted system change makes him abundant.

He should fit well in the Prem as he is a very physical player and doesn't shy away from contact. The refs in the Prem blowing the whistle a bit more loosely than over here will also work in his favour.

However' date=' he needs a very good creator midfielder (such as Schweinsteiger) next to him as he is rather limited in offense. He mostly wins the ball and then passes it 2m to the guy next to him. He has had the highest passing percentage in the entire Bundesliga last season which is a result of that playing style. He is still able to play a decent pass or two but most of the times doesn't.

If you were looking for a tough physical def mid, you found him. If you were looking for a box to box player who can support the offense, he ain't that[/quote']

I was looking at his highlights and instantly thought Scott Parker. Serviceable, but very limited in his tools.

Considering that Chamakh didn't take set pieces, that minutes per chances created rate is pretty great.

However' date=' he needs a very good creator midfielder (such as Schweinsteiger) next to him as he is rather limited in offense. [b']He mostly wins the ball and then passes it 2m to the guy next to him.[/b] He has had the highest passing percentage in the entire Bundesliga last season which is a result of that playing style. He is still able to play a decent pass or two but most of the times doesn't.

If you were looking for a tough physical def mid, you found him. If you were looking for a box to box player who can support the offense, he ain't that

Honestly, the two bolded parts are exactly what we are looking for; nothing fancy, just someone that is disciplined and can do their job defensively.

SSN: Gourcuff willing to take a pay cut to join arsenal,

Adds more depth to the midfield.. Don't see it happening but you never know I suppose considering the amount of players we've got rid of..

Gustavo and Gourcuff hopefully get pulled off, Less game time for Ramsey and Ox I'd hope..

Ramsey is the type of player you bring on if you're winning and struggling to hold on.

Gourcuff had a decent start to the season last season ... then dissapeared when he got injured a few times ... have been rubbish ever since he left Bordeaux tho ... Wenger might be the man to get him back to his glory days ... could easily be a superstar if he gets his garbage together

:P

SSN: Gourcuff willing to take a pay cut to join arsenal' date='

Adds more depth to the midfield.. Don't see it happening but you never know I suppose considering the amount of players we've got rid of..

Gustavo and Gourcuff hopefully get pulled off, Less game time for Ramsey and Ox I'd hope..

Ramsey is the type of player you bring on if you're winning and struggling to hold on.[/quote']

Why would you hope that Ox and Ramsey gets less game time? In its own sense that's rather moronic.

Plus Ramsey was out player of the month for two of the last 3 months. By far the most overall improved player of last year.

I would hate to have Gourcuff here. No need what so ever for him. He offers very little to what we already have and would be a waste of money that could go on a decent CB. Plus the man is injury prone, not as bad as Diaby though :P

Why would you hope that Ox and Ramsey gets less game time? In its own sense that's rather moronic.

Plus Ramsey was out player of the month for two of the last 3 months. By far the most overall improved player of last year.

I would hate to have Gourcuff here. No need what so ever for him. He offers very little to what we already have and would be a waste of money that could go on a decent CB. Plus the man is injury prone' date=' not as bad as Diaby though :P[/quote']

Gourcuff offers hell of a lot on form probably even better than Cazorla..

We have plenty of money to splash out on wages, Gourcuff wouldn't be a problem and the fact he would take a pay cut to play for us says it all really.

Ramsey may have improved but like I said his only use is on the bench until he's needed when we're struggling to hold onto a good result. Ox is poo, that's all I can say about him for now.

SSN: Gourcuff willing to take a pay cut to join arsenal

In fact' date=' that is not precisely what Aulas said. He cleared up some false rumours, telling that Gourcuff is staying with the group and certainly won't be loaned out, especially not to another French club, let alone with half of the wages paid by OL (this was a real offer by Lorient, where Gourcuff has been suggested by media due to his father managing the club). What concerned Arsenal, was his notice that only thing that is true about the possible signer of Gourcuff paying less wages than what Gourcuff receives at OL at the moment, is that [b']if he understood it right, Gourcuff was ready to take a pay cut earlier on to move to Arsenal, had the transfer happened[/b]. Apparently Arsenal finally did not bid enough, or something like that. In any case, that is not present, and there is nothing about Gourcuff looking for a transfer to Arsenal. Concerning the possibility of a transfer, Aulas also said that if a lucrative offer comes in, that may change things, but Gourcuff is an important part of their first team and they negotiate to prolong his contract.

This is where the English internet journals draw their Gourcuff to Arsenal transfers from, and as is clear, there's nothing there.

To Elohim: it is pretty hard not to disappear when you're hospitalized. Gourcuff has been quite great for OL when he has been fit, but that just has been too seldom as he has suffered quite a few injuries there. Let's hope he can have a full season for a change. Looks very good at the moment and it would be heartbreaking to see that form interrupted by an injury once again.