Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Gourcuff offers hell of a lot on form probably even better than Cazorla..

We have plenty of money to splash out on wages' date=' Gourcuff wouldn't be a problem and the fact he would take a pay cut to play for us says it all really.

Ramsey may have improved but like I said his only use is on the bench until he's needed when we're struggling to hold onto a good result. Ox is poo, that's all I can say about him for now.[/quote']

Hayden what have you been smoking these last few days? Usually your pretty accurate but recently it seems as though you share the same logic as Infernito.

Gourcuff isn't coming IMO.

If ox gets less game time at you I want him to leave.

Needs game time to push on and i have faith in him.

He will get game time here. I'm sure your one of many clubs who would want him. I think we will see him at his best position and that is CAM. Still young and learning and pretty healthy with not many injuries in his career, nothing serious anyway.

Not sure about other fans but I rate him pretty highly and think he will become a top player for us.

And that's got loads to do with Arsenal and SSN hasn't it?

Has loads to do with you slacking off probably the most reliable source there is. Because apparently your sources are reliable, I can't be bothered to quote the amount of times you said " It's done" ,as I'd be here for ages.

To Elohim: it is pretty hard not to disappear when you're hospitalized. Gourcuff has been quite great for OL when he has been fit' date=' but that just has been too seldom as he has suffered quite a few injuries there. Let's hope he can have a full season for a change. Looks very good at the moment and it would be heartbreaking to see that form interrupted by an injury once again.[/quote']

Speaking of the devil... Gourcuff will have his knee examined, once again, due to hurting it in the first round. Let's hope this is nothing, the knee injuries tend to return and can be really nagging.

And that's got loads to do with Arsenal and SSN hasn't it?

To be fair you do set yourself up for that kinda comment so if people give it back you have to accept that.

Sky Sports is usually pretty reliable at least I find them to be.

As for the OX I see another generally frustrating season with a young English talent finding his development stifled through a lack of playing time. be even worse if you get Gustavo in terms of limiting his options.

Personally think his best position will end up being CM in the long run.

Wholeheartedly agree' date=' I hope for Englands sake he gets game time he needs / deserves so he can push on.[/quote']

I hope and think he will get a decent amount of game time. Although if his poor form continues then you cant blame the club for dropping him and not starting him often such as last season.

Personally think it will take atleast 2 seasons for him to become a full starter for Arsenal. He has alot of improving to do. Maybe a loan move to a mid table side would do him a world of good, but I dont see us loaning him out

Got a feeling he might stay at Munchen.

Doubt it from what he has said it seems as though he is wanting to find a good club with first team football. However whether that is us or not I don't know. However may I add how surprised I am if the sources are true about our 17.2 million offer. In my view it seems pricey but he is a solid CDM and that's what we need.

Doubt it from what he has said it seems as though he is wanting to find a good club with first team football. However whether that is us or not I don't know. However may I add how surprised I am if the sources are true about our 17.2 million offer. In my view it seems pricey but he is a solid CDM and that's what we need.

Just don't think Theres a need for a statement if we know he's going and Bayern wanna sell.

My opinion is different on the price, I think 17m is fantastic.

;2692081']Lyon president has said Gourcuff would accept a pay cut to join us...

Another injury prone player' date=' hope this is all blag.[/quote']

I hope for your sake it is untrue. Not a signing to take you on and totally unnecessary, he has been treading a backwards trail for some time now and offers nothing you don't already have.

Wishful thinking dude we have plenty of CAM's. plus Oxlade is going to be given a run in that role this year. Highly doubt we sign any CAM.

Theres always room for one more :D

I would rather get Honda for less than 5 million Euros and offload Ramsey for more I reckon :D The deal will pay it self no end :D

I do feel OX would benefit from a spell away from arsenal like Wilshire did with Bolton (I think correct me if im wrong :P) but to a premier league club. I do like Chambo but in the central area as im not sure on him as a winger. We need to keep decent english players like him but a spell to a midtable team like a WBA , Villa , Swansea (I know they are above a midtable side) to gain him a good run of games and hopefully come on a bit while we have better players already at the club.

I dont see why some are questioning the potential Gustavo signing , We have been crying out for DM that can actually do the god damn job of defending and being disciplined not a Song who for all his attacking qualities was an awful DM and I wouldnt call arteta an awful DM but he isnt good enough to play there. And I will say if we actually got a good DM then our defence will look a lot better as they are not under the cosh as much as Kos will finally be seen as one of the best CB in Europe :D

Again all wishful thinking :D

I dont see why some are questioning the potential Gustavo signing ' date=' We have been crying out for DM that can actually do the god damn job of defending and being disciplined not a Song who for all his attacking qualities was an awful DM and I wouldnt call arteta an awful DM but he isnt good enough to play there. And I will say if we actually got a good DM then our defence will look a lot better[/quote']

Agree with this. Would rather have Arteta, Wilshere, Cazorla fighting for the two positions in front of DM. Rosicky can be good too now and then but he'l be 33 this year so is getting on a bit.

As for Oxlade I think he'l figure more this season. Arshavin and Gervinho gone so I can only assume Wenger plans to integrate him more. It could be Oxlades breakout season.

Ramsey has been good in pre season and as a squad player I like him but not so much as a starter at least for now.

*Note this is on the assumption we sign no one or only Gustavo for he first team... I actually think the squad is a tad thin on quality if we intend to try and rely on players like Diaby (forever injured), Frimpong, Miyachi, Sanogo, Park (all unproven) and Bendtner (unwanted)... Bendtner might hopefully leave though before Septemeber 2nd...