Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Did I say you were any worse than any of the teams than those you quoted don't think I did' date=' don't be so defensive.

Only stating really what many Arsenal fans must be thinking, although I would have to contest your argument that you are stronger than last year as things stand I can see no logical argument for that. Not unless you think Sanogo is going to make all the difference.....

It is a possibility though Wenger buckled under the pressure to sign and then signed IMO through a bit of panic in previous summer window.

I aint to fussed who wins out of Spurs and Arsenal as long as we turn over the Mancs in the earlier kick-off I will be happy enough :)[/quote']

My point about being stronger comes from the experiance some of the youngsters have been given. Pretty common knowledge really.

I personally think Spurs and possibly Liverpool have at least caught you up.

Even in my most biased moment I don't think that, although if Suarez stays and is properly commited and miracle upon miracle we do somehow manage to sign Willian I might change my view....

But highly unlikely.

Spurs.......fair shout, can easily argue Spurs have caught/surpassed Arsenal although personally if I had to put my last tenner on who ends 4th I would still go for Arsenal.

My point about being stronger comes from the experiance some of the youngsters have been given. Pretty common knowledge really.

Not being funny Wenger comes out with that line every year, it is old hat and you shouldn't buy it.

besides your First XI is not that young and certainly not inexperienced at PL level

Not being funny Wenger comes out with that line every year' date=' it is old hat and you shouldn't buy it.

besides your First XI is not that young and certainly not inexperienced at PL level[/quote']

It is true though to some degree? Specially considering we haven't lost any star players this transfer window.

Even in my most biased moment I don't think that' date=' although if Suarez stays and is properly commited and miracle upon miracle we do somehow manage to sign Willian I might change my view....

But highly unlikely.

Spurs.......fair shout, can easily argue Spurs have caught/surpassed Arsenal although personally if I had to put my last tenner on who ends 4th I would still go for Arsenal.[/quote']

Your record once Coutinho and Sturridge turned up was excellent. Keeping Suarez would be a plus and you've added some good depth.

Spurs look pretty great IMO. Added quality to both the first team and those that are knocking on the door. They weren't far behind at all last year either.

I agree with Spurs but Liverpool? Pahaha' date=' gimme a break. To be fair though, a couple of decent signings and they wouldn't be far off.[/quote']

How can you agree on Spurs? Tell me if I'm missing something but haven't we put finished then for donkeys years? Yeah they may of spent more money but they for a sweet f all for it.

League table doesn't lie. For those who want to doubt us go for it. I remember last year majority making jokes out of me because I said we would finish above Spurs.

I still think we are 4th best. Nothing to brag about just saying how I view things. When Spurs or whoever actually take our CL spot then fair enough. Until then you are going on nothing but opinion.

How can you agree on Spurs? Tell me if I'm missing something but haven't we put finished then for donkeys years? Yeah they may of spent more money but they for a sweet f all for it.

They have won 1 more trophy than you in the last eight years though ;)

Don't really think anybody can deny they have improved tremendously over last 2-3 years.

A contender for 4th certainly although anybody predicting they can influence the title race is going way OTT in my book.

They haven't spent more money. They're also well in profit in the transfer market over the past 4 seasons, being in the black in 3 of them. They're splashing out a bit this window as they think they can make a very strong CL push with Arsenal not buying and the top 3 having managerial changes. Getting CL would cover this expenditure and should it go wrong, they can always cash in on Bale next summer. They also spend less on wages than you.

They have won 1 more trophy than you in the last eight years though ;)

Don't really think anybody can deny they have improved tremendously over last 2-3 years.

A contender for 4th certainly although anybody predicting they can influence the title race is going way OTT in my book.

True however we have made a CL final and a CC final. Lost. But yeah....

They have done well however it's the same old Spurs. They always choke.

Pretty easy actually

They have made some quality signings and have got a lethal goalscorer they needed and I like pretty much strengthened what they needed to and as much as I hate to say this have made some very good signings.

If Arsenal do not make improvements this year even I the optimistic supporter will think spurs will overtake us :o

But will have a chuckle at Stu's suggestion over Liverpool :P I like what Liverpool are trying to do (now) but they are still some way yet of finishing in the CL they have made improvements to just overtake their rivals Everton :D :D

They haven't spent more money. They're also well in profit in the transfer market over the past 4 seasons' date=' being in the black in 3 of them. They're splashing out a bit this window as they think they can make a very strong CL push with Arsenal not buying and the top 3 having managerial changes. Getting CL would cover this expenditure and should it go wrong, they can always cash in on Bale next summer. They also spend less on wages than you.[/quote']

With our departures and their incomes I highly doubt we out spend them on wages. Plu our net spend is still far lower. But sure I credit they are improving however until they actually do the business it's just same old Spurs.

If they finish ahead of us then fair play they are welcome to the supposed bragging rights.

Let me make myself clear that I don't see us being better than Spurs am achievement. If anything i find it a rather poor way of lowering our expectations.

Pretty easy actually

They have made some quality signings and have got a lethal goalscorer they needed and I like pretty much strengthened what they needed to and as much as I hate to say this have made some very good signings.

If Arsenal do not make improvements this year even I the optimistic supporter will think spurs will overtake us :o

But will have a chuckle at Stu's suggestion over Liverpool :P I like what Liverpool are trying to do (now) but they are still some way yet of finishing in the CL they have made improvements to just overtake their rivals Everton :D :D

As I said before if you read. You are basing this on what?...

An opinion.

Opinions are like A holes, we all have one.

BILD and kicker also run the Gustavo to Wolfsburg story now.

BILD quoting the article I posted before so nothing new there.

Kicker use their own sources saying nothing has been signed yet but it is very very close. Supposedly Wolfsburg will pay 20m Euros = 17m pounds (not sure if that is including add-ons or not); "a sum Arsenal was not willing to pay"

Not watching the game but another great goal by Theo but we shall all continue to criticize his effectiveness.

Actually wasn't a great goal for me, a better defender would have nullified the chance to score after Theo's poor first touch forced him to delay the shot.

Gutted if we don't get him even though I said from the start its unrealistic and well it wouldn't surprise me if he joins Wolfsburg ahead of us. :(

We either put in pathetic bids so we don't get the player or maybe we haven't bidded at all.

Mind you if Arsenal miss out on a player of this nature to Wolfsburg (no disrespect to any Wolfsburg fans) by golly that is fairly embaressing.

I never expect anything when it comes to transfers but this WILL be the most embarrassing thing that's happened to arsenal (Arsenal have their fair share of embarrassing moments :P:()

It wouldn't surprise me if we didnt bid 17.2M... Either lower or we didnt bid at all!

Take a chill pill guys, It was Scotland ;)