Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

This thread is so funny.'We want top players'..after 'I'd rather miss out on top 4 then signing best CM(or one of the best) in last season in PL'.

Down to different opinions, Fellaini is pretty good but he wouldn't start for me even though we have distinctly average midfielders he doesn't really suit our system, Bench player and send him up top if we need a goal..

Whilst wengers here nothing will change and when he's gone it could get worse if we do get 'Wenger No.2' Stojkovic.

Well we all know he is more than that. £22m wont get you him anyway.

He is a decent player but not my cup of tea. Your team plays around him, that would never happen here.

@Ashtini I would rather a healthy and fit Diaby over Fellaini any day. If you don't agree I would advise you to watch some clips of Diaby. One of our most technically gifted players. Not as good as Rosicky but still very decent. Shame injury ruined his talent.

He is a decent player but not my cup of tea. Your team plays around him' date=' that would never happen here.

@Ashtini I would rather a healthy and fit Diaby over Fellaini any day. If you don't agree I would advise you to watch some clips of Diaby. One of our most technically gifted players. Not as good as Rosicky but still very decent. Shame injury ruined his talent.[/quote']

As a matter of fact I am a fan of Diaby :) & his injuries are a shame, but circumstances are circumstances and Fellaini would represent a significant signing, one every fan on here has gone on about for weeks. He may not be everyones cup of tea but I guarantee he would change those opinions.

As a matter of fact I am a fan of Diaby :) & his injuries are a shame' date=' but circumstances are circumstances and Fellaini would represent a significant signing, one every fan on here has gone on about for weeks. He may not be everyones cup of tea but I guarantee he would change those opinions.[/quote']

I never said you wasn't a fan of Diaby. I said if you don't rate him then check out some clips of him.

Don't get me wrong Fellaini is a good player and would be a good player for majority of clubs. However the way we pass and move would not suit him. He wouldn't be played as a CAM which he prefers. Pointless talking about him though tbh as Wenger said (and I agree) 22 million is to much for man of his limited skill set.

Plus Everton rate him higher than that. Which is pretty puzzling but then again he done a decent job for them last season. I hope he stays there and helps then improve as a club.

I'd take Fellaini any day. Sure Diaby is a great player but We have to realize we can't expect him to stay fit long term..

He'd give us physicality' date=' skill, size, and even dirtiness that We lack.[/quote']

I'd rather buy Barton than Fellaini.

Dirtiness, Barton > Fellaini.

I never said you wasn't a fan of Diaby. I said if you don't rate him then check out some clips of him.

Don't get me wrong Fellaini is a good player and would be a good player for majority of clubs. However the way we pass and move would not suit him. He wouldn't be played as a CAM which he prefers. Pointless talking about him though tbh as Wenger said (and I agree) 22 million is to much for man of his limited skill set.

Plus Everton rate him higher than that. Which is pretty puzzling but then again he done a decent job for them last season. I hope he stays there and helps then improve as a club.

No he doesn't he has said that he prefers playing deeper and he is a better player when played deeper. He only played there because we had no one else there.

How is it puzzling that we rate him higher we are the one's who know what he is capable of. It's your loss anyway he would massively improve your side and would be an upgrade in Arteta's position.

No he doesn't he has said that he prefers playing deeper and he is a better player when played deeper. He only played there because we had no one else there.

How is it puzzling that we rate him higher we are the one's who know what he is capable of. It's your loss anyway he would massively improve your side and would be an upgrade in Arteta's position.

I wouldn't doubt your knowledge on your own club. I heard him say he was happy in an attacking position so I put 2 and 2 together. However as I said I ain't doubting what you say

I don't think I need to explain that again.

Arteta is in my view a better player, he offers more to the team and his style of play suits us. However this is just my view. I know you won't agree lol :P

I wouldn't doubt your knowledge on your own club. I heard him say he was happy in an attacking position so I put 2 and 2 together. However as I said I ain't doubting what you say

I don't think I need to that again.

Arteta is in my view a better player' date=' he offers more to the team and his style of play suits us. However this is just my view. I know you won't agree lol :P[/quote']

I disagree :P Arteta used to be a better player but not now.

You really are laughable Didi. Half of your post is pure speculation and then you tell me I can't ignore facts :D

You've conviently forgotten players such as Bentley and Gallas who were more than likely on about 100k between them' date=' you've also forgotten Dempsey.[/quote']

Funny, you blame me for speculating, yet your own post has almost nothing but speculation in it. I said as it stands: Players like BAE and Ade are till with Spurs. You don't know if you are able to sell them. Also, I counted Dempsey, read before you respond. In addition, I took all numbers from official papers, only speculating that Capoue makes around £3M/year, which is not an exaggerated number seen that all your starting midfielders make more than that, and that Chadli makes roughly the same as Dempsey made, as he is a direct replacement of the latter. Don't think that's unjustified, nor that it would cause any significant flaws in the equation. Meanwhile I precisely refused to speculate with quasi-anonymous Arsenal youngsters wages, simply dropping that off the counter, despite that probably making a rather significant drop in Arsenal's yearly, seen the number of youngsters they offloaded.

So, to repeat myself, read before you respond. Saves your face and my time.

The thing with wages remains quite simply that you have replaced less paid players with more paid players, while also paying more fees than received, whereas Arsenal has hardly brought in any players, while getting rid of many of their best paid players. Should you get rid of somebody as expensive as Adebayor, that would lighten your wage budget, but that is not at all obvious. So far haven't seen any clubs where he would want to play showing interest in getting to pay those wages.

Edit: on a side note, there's a little flaw in that the Spurs wages are from 2011/2012 season, so also Lloris, Dembele and others miss from it. Meanwhile, Modric is still counted in. Arsenal was counted to barely cross the £150 when Walcott, Wilshere and fellows signed new contract. So, that's from last season.

"An analysis this week by the blogger ‘Swiss Ramble’, whose grasp of football finances is admired within boardrooms across Europe, estimated that Arsenal had an available cash balance of £154 million. To put that in some context, the combined cash balance of the other 19 Premier League clubs was put at £181 million."

Say what.

Freiburg defender Ginter on his links to Arsenal:

"I only got to know that from the media. I have also heard that I was sitting in the plane to London already and had a medical check. No truth in any of those stories. They are complete bullocks."

Mia, who is the German Equivalent to Gabriel Marchotti and Guillem Balague?

If anyone on twitter will have good info on Gustavo to Arsenal it'll be that man!

Breaking News in Germany. BILD just made a FB update.

"Luiz Gustavo to Wolfsburg is done. The Brazilian will sign a 5-year contract"

More to come in a few minutes

Sigh' date=' well guess we all knew this would end up happening

Article: [url']http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/luiz-gustavo/wechselt-zum-vfl-wolfsburg-31854716.bild.html[/url]