Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Did he or did he not get the ball first?

Plus they even knew that another day with another ref wouldn't of been given.

In slow motion, it shows his leg clipping Gabbys foot before he got the ball. Its a close one that from different angles doesnt seem like a pen, I didnt think it was a pen at first myself.

In slow motion' date=' it shows his leg clipping Gabbys foot before he got the ball. Its a close one that from different angles doesnt seem like a pen, I didnt think it was a pen at first myself.[/quote']

I guess my love of Arsenal taints my views on proceedings. However for me that was not a penalty and if it was against us I wouldn't of expected a penalty.

I think many people said they should give Szczesny red card but I don't think it should be the case because Aston Villa had advantage before it became a penalty. It actually means that it wasn't a clear red card since it isn't so bad that you need to give a red card. Usually for those case' date=' it should be a red card and penalty immediately without giving advantage. So honestly, can't see it as red card but no doubt it is a penalty. And again the referee is horrible.[/quote']

It wasn't a red card as the ball was going away from goal and there were a couple of players getting back. Had Gabby gone left rather than right then it would've been.

The advantage thing is simple. If the ref had just blown up and Weimann scored, we would've had no advantage. If the ref hasn't come back after Weimann had missed then we wouldn't have gained an advantage either. The ref did the right thing there.

64% possession' date=' we had same shots actually on target. We hit the crossbar and you hit the post. You got 1 hugely fluke penalty which not even the linesman gave. I am not talking about the first one as you and Didi made fair points about that one.

However to say we was awful was down to MOTD highlights. Anyone who watched the full 90 mins knows that was not the case.

We did out pass you with 10 men. However ever single time we got fouled it was either not given or no advantage. If Villa had a foul it was either a booking or advantage. Considering just how many players your team injured I think my point is credible.

It was like watching Wimbledon yesterday and the ref did nothing to stop it. Only gave Jack Wilshere a booking for telling the ref to pull his finger out.

Once again a poor advert on how to beat better teams. Go in hard and take out their best players. Within 45 mins you took out Walcott and Oxlade and even Gibbs.

Then come the second you give further knocks to many of our players. I am fairly sure your team suffered no injures. Because we don't play thuggish football.

Plus for you to say we was awful... You was hoofing the ball up field to Benteke who would either knock the ball on to someone else which is good or drop like a fish when any sort of presence was made even if he backs into the player.

Your going to say I am biased but I watched the full game and honestly we got done by a ref. Haven't had a bad game of decisions like this since Barca 2 years back.

Disgusting scummy club and an even worse bald James Blunt of a ref.[/quote']

Firstly we had at least four on target (three of which went in).

Can you blame us for sitting back and countering you in our situation? To go to your back yard and beat you is difficult for the top teams yet alone us. The second penalty was definitely a pen. And had your team not been naive and stupid you would've ended with 11 players and probably a win. Koscielny deserved to be sent off after being so stupid to dive in twice the way he did.

As for the injuries, we did not take your players out. Gibbs clashed heads which is hardly deliberate and Sagna jumped over the top of Benteke and so his injury was his own fault.

Being a club the size of yours with the money you have, you would think a couple of injuries to your first team wouldn't matter as you should have a squad with quality running deep into it, rather than losing a couple of players and falling apart.

Third goal was a joke for you. Left yourself so open to a long ball for someone to chase. Oh and your keeper had a mare as well.

The second penalty was definitely a pen.

We deserved to lose, but you honestly cant think that it was a penalty. Koscienly quite clearly gets the ball and then the man. It was a perfect tackle.

He was an idiot for the second booking, there was no need for the challenge.

64% possession' date=' we had same shots actually on target. We hit the crossbar and you hit the post. You got 1 hugely fluke penalty which not even the linesman gave. I am not talking about the first one as you and Didi made fair points about that one.

However to say we was awful was down to MOTD highlights. Anyone who watched the full 90 mins knows that was not the case.

We did out pass you with 10 men. However ever single time we got fouled it was either not given or no advantage. If Villa had a foul it was either a booking or advantage. Considering just how many players your team injured I think my point is credible.

It was like watching Wimbledon yesterday and the ref did nothing to stop it. Only gave Jack Wilshere a booking for telling the ref to pull his finger out.

Once again a poor advert on how to beat better teams. Go in hard and take out their best players. Within 45 mins you took out Walcott and Oxlade and even Gibbs.

Then come the second you give further knocks to many of our players. I am fairly sure your team suffered no injures. Because we don't play thuggish football.

Plus for you to say we was awful... You was hoofing the ball up field to Benteke who would either knock the ball on to someone else which is good or drop like a fish when any sort of presence was made even if he backs into the player.

Your going to say I am biased but I watched the full game and honestly we got done by a ref. Haven't had a bad game of decisions like this since Barca 2 years back.

Disgusting scummy club and an even worse bald James Blunt of a ref.[/quote']

I can't believe that not one person has given Aston Villa a bit of credit for beating you away from home.

It's not their fault the referee dared to give two correct penalty calls, it's not their fault your defence allowed Agbonlahor to get away from the defence twice, it's not their fault Koscielny has no discipline and it's not their fault you couldn't break them down.

They aren't a poor advert of how to beat the better teams, they're the perfect advert of how to beat the better teams. The fact that they've riled Arsenals support is a bonus.

Against the odds they managed to get three points away from home against one of the better teams in the division, and your calling them awful and criticizing their tactics. It's also laughable that your accusing them of diving, have a look at Rosicky's dive for Vlaar's second tackle.

We deserved to lose' date=' but you honestly cant think that it was a penalty. Koscienly quite clearly gets the ball and then the man. It was a perfect tackle.

He was an idiot for the second booking, there was no need for the challenge.[/quote']

I didn't at first but I can understand why the ref gave it when I saw his position. MOTD's analysis of it was pretty good I thought and showed it was a correct decision.

If I was an Arsenal fan I'd be more worried at how bad my team was and deal with things that Wenger can control rather than the ref. The first penalty was some of the worst defending I've ever seen. Gabby ran past about six players without being challenged.

PErhaps someone extremely versatile' date=' like Nagatomo from Inter. inter would most likely sell for not so massive sum. In fact, someone like Nagatomo would do extremely good to Arsenal.[/quote']

We would never sell Nagatomo as that would cripple Inter even more nor do I think Alvaro Pereira is an adequate replacement. Besides, He's able to play as a RWB which We've still not gotten in the summer.

We deserved to lose' date=' but you honestly cant think that it was a penalty. Koscienly quite clearly gets the ball and then the man. It was a perfect tackle.

He was an idiot for the second booking, there was no need for the challenge.[/quote']

If you watch the slow downed replays there's contact between Gabby's Left Leg and Koscienly before Koscienly made contact with the ball therefore it is a penalty although from the Ref's angle it was physically impossible to see this contact and looked like a clean challenge personally I wouldn't of given it but it's one of those that can either way. As for the Second Challenge it was a poor decision on the part of Koscienly to be going in at that pace although it wasn't a foul for me.

You guys need signings and some high profile the time for trying to get good players for under there value has gone your going to have to overpay to get players now, Gustavo should have been brought in your in desperate need of a DM and that was shown yesterday Villa on the break caused you all manor of problems. Carzola should have never been playing the only positive for me yesterday looking at Arsenal was Giroud finished his chance nicely and Rosicky looked decent. In the next two weeks i'll expect some panic buying.

If you watch the slow downed replays there's contact between Gabby's Left Leg and Koscienly before Koscienly made contact with the ball therefore it is a penalty although from the Ref's angle

I don't buy into this argument because if this was the case over 50% of legitimate tackles would actually be fouls all over the pitch. The only reason people are using these claims (Which is completely and utterly nit picking), are because the decision in question is a penalty.

If this tackle was made anywhere else on the pitch and was given a foul not one single person would bring up the "Oh but technically it's a foul because Koscielny slightly touched the leg 0.3 seconds before the ball bla bla bla".

If he came through Agbonlahor and wiped him out and then got the ball it would be a logical argument but in this case it is just nit picking to defend a referee who quite blatantly made the wrong decision, which he wasn't in a good position to make. If the linesman didn't give it then there is no reason for the referee to either.

There was me thinking it's a contact sport god forbid. May as well abolish tackling.

I don't buy into this argument because if this was the case over 50% of legitimate tackles would actually be fouls all over the pitch. The only reason people are using these claims (Which is completely and utterly nit picking)' date=' are because the decision in question is a penalty.

If this tackle was made anywhere else on the pitch and was given a foul not one single person would bring up the "Oh but technically it's a foul because Koscielny slightly touched the leg 0.3 seconds before the ball bla bla bla".

If he came through Agbonlahor and wiped him out and then got the ball it would be a logical argument but in this case it is just nit picking to defend a referee who quite blatantly made the wrong decision, which he wasn't in a good position to make. If the linesman didn't give it then there is no reason for the referee to either.

There was me thinking it's a contact sport god forbid. May as well abolish tackling.[/quote']

As I said I wouldn't have given it as a foul, I thought it was a good challenge simply saying It was one which could have gone either way. The fact that Kosc was coming from behind/to the side didn't help as it would seem he went through the player to get to the ball from the view of the Ref. I wouldn't say it's Nit picking it's just looking at the decision from a number of angle's. It's one of those in game it's a great challenge and no penalty although some replays would say different imo.

Edit: 123_ABC i have to agree with as it's all a grey area depends on the ref you get on the day.

Pretty damning interviews from fans on Arsenal TV or whatever it's called.

Comments such as 'we don't get what we pay for' and 'we are the worst prepared club for the new season'.

Another pointed out that the Gazidis claim of there being lots of money was made the same kind of time as Season Ticket renewal.

Pretty damning interviews from fans on Arsenal TV or whatever it's called.

Comments such as 'we don't get what we pay for' and 'we are the worst prepared club for the new season'.

Another pointed out that the Gazidis claim of there being lots of money was made the same kind of time as Season Ticket renewal.

They were from an Arsenal Fan channel, not actually ArsenalTV but I have watched the two most viral ones

I don't buy into this argument because if this was the case over 50% of legitimate tackles would actually be fouls all over the pitch. The only reason people are using these claims (Which is completely and utterly nit picking)' date=' are because the decision in question is a penalty.

There was me thinking it's a contact sport god forbid. May as well abolish tackling.[/quote']

Bingo. I go back, for the third time, to the Sagna incident. Minimal contact, if any, in two challenges = red card. Nearly break your neck = nowt.

Bingo. I go back' date=' for the third time, to the Sagna incident. Minimal contact, if any, in two challenges = red card. Nearly break your neck = nowt.[/quote']

Sagna incident was of no fault of Benteke. Sagna completely mistimed his jump and if anything fouled Tekkers.

whatever happen in the league even if we get relegated or finish outside top 4 or we don't sign any key players in transfer window or finish the season without trophy. I WILL STILL BE AN ARSENAL FAN :D so lads let stay behind team support our manager we need him more than he need us

( saying that I really don't wanna finish behind spud)