Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

In an ideal world' date=' i'd change Arteta for that DM you mention. [i']Wilshere and Ramsey should only be bench players.[/i] That's what Denilson should have been; look how that turned out. We're expecting too much from these sort of players.

Ramsey, yes - but Wilshere? Are you for real or just fishing?

Sky have reported that Arsenal's renewed bid of £16m has been accepted by Newcastle for Cabaye

https://twitter.com/robboma3/status/369493028450205698/photo/1

Decent player only Frenchman at Newcastle who can be classed as anything like a near Top Class player.

Strange one in the sense I don't see him really as a DM in the mould I thought you may be looking for and I see him as being similar in the respect I aint sure he brings anything you don't already have.

Obviously adds additional strength in depth though which can only be a good thing. Next port of call should definetley be Begovic if you play with that clown Wojcech in goal all season you aint going anywhere. Nearly every side in living history who has ever done anything has had a top goalkeeper.

Begovic for 12-15M would be a great' date=' realistic signing for you guys.

Would love Borges here but it ain't gonna happen and spurs are definately in a better position to sign him as well.

Looks like a straight fight between Spurs and my club if reports are to be believed. Never get my hopes up on anything though before I see it all confirmed and signed.

No. Wilshere offers us nothing currently apart from terrible tackling.

I have no idea how you come to this conclusion.

He regularly drives forward, takes people on in tight circumstances and his passing is incisive and dangerous.

Lost his head second half, as did most of your players but ability wise he is undoubtedly one of your better players. Now that he is fit, he needs to stay fit and continue to get game time and match sharpness and I have no doubts he will have a top season.

Cracking player

He regularly drives forward' date=' takes people on in tight circumstances and his passing is incisive and dangerous.

Lost his head second half, as did most of your players but ability wise he is undoubtedly one of your better players. Now that he is fit, he needs to stay fit and continue to get game time and match sharpness and I have no doubts he will have a top season.

Cracking player[/quote']

It's infernito what do you expect.

He regularly drives forward' date=' takes people on in tight circumstances and his passing is incisive and dangerous.

Cracking player[/quote']

I think he'd be far better further up the field than where he usually plays. Funnily enough, same goes for Arteta. Wilshere's too aggressive in the middle for me which results in a fair share of cards and a lot of injuries which seem to affect him badly. Obviously, you could argue that that bit of bite and passion is very handy but I'd much rather see the more technical parts of his game on display.

Something like:

Giroud

Cazorla / Wilshere / Walcott

New BtB / New DM

would have you challenging IMO. Your midfield usually lacks any grunt though. Someone like your Gustavo or Benders as the DM with a Ramires/Paulinho/Fernandinho type next to him would back up the very good passing part of your side well. Of course that'd be a £40/50m outlay but signs are that you have that much to play with.

I think he'd be far better further up the field than where he usually plays. Funnily enough' date=' same goes for Arteta. Wilshere's too aggressive in the middle for me which results in a fair share of cards and a lot of injuries which seem to affect him badly. Obviously, you could argue that that bit of bite and passion is very handy but I'd much rather see the more technical parts of his game on display.

Something like:

[center']Giroud

Cazorla / Wilshere / Walcott

New BtB / New DM[/center]

would have you challenging IMO. Your midfield usually lacks any grunt though. Someone like your Gustavo or Benders as the DM with a Ramires/Paulinho/Fernandinho type next to him would back up the very good passing part of your side well. Of course that'd be a £40/50m outlay but signs are that you have that much to play with.

Actually wasn't quite a fan of Cazorla playing wide left. He gets less of the ball and our team tends to suffer when he doesn't get enough touches and doesnt get to influence the game.

Actually wasn't quite a fan of Cazorla playing wide left. He gets less of the ball and our team tends to suffer when he doesn't get enough touches and doesnt get to influence the game.

Im inclined to agree with you. Wilshere is perfect as a CM, with a little bit more of a license to go forward.

I can understand that. However he could have a hypothetical licence to drift across and allow Gibbs/Monreal to get forward on the flank. Having proper defensive players in the midfield would allow them to do that without leaving yourselves completely exposed.

City did it frequently with Nasri or Silva out wide and Jovetic will do the same this season. Clichy gets forward in the space.

I can understand that. However he could have a hypothetical licence to drift across and allow Gibbs/Monreal to get forward on the flank. Having proper defensive players in the midfield would allow them to do that without leaving yourselves completely exposed.

City did it frequently with Nasri or Silva out wide and Jovetic will do the same this season. Clichy gets forward in the space.

Yea I agree, but we also shifted him out wide a lot when Wilshere came back and he really didnt have anywhere near the same effect, the change was quite drastic when he was shifted back inside lets say the next game.

Ray Parlour has tweeted saying that referee Anthony Taylor has been dropped from the FAPL list.

Well deserved. He had a woeful game at the Emirates. Just lost control and showed no consistency with his decisions.

He was in a shocking position to accurately give the 2nd penalty ahead of his linesman who had a clearer view yet didn't flag. Also booking Luna for getting studded in the chest was the most bizarre decision since Mcmanamon's horror tackle getting nothing.

Vlaar should have been sent off to remain consistent with a similar decision to send off Koscienly.

Anthony Taylor is a great ref' date=' The result was always going to happen no matter who the ref was.[/quote']

I disagree with the first line (and a fair few things you have posted lately!) but the second line is probably true at least.