Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Not being funny but most of the stuff you wrote at the weekend was a load of old guff' date=' it was very childlike and funny and whilst I appreciated the laugh I honestly thought you were a bit more grown up. :o

You have to stop your tendency of blaming everything on anybody but Wenger although the players must take a lot of the flak, whoever the Ref was was irrelevant and he got nearly all the decisions right.

Dont need another debate about the decisions as it has been done to death but all the crying and moaning ain't gunna change it now so you need to move on and quickly with a vital game on Wed

Again sorry to pick your post but I don't think Arsenal are really a club who can chastise another club's transfer policy. The difference is United already have a deeper squad and with much more quality (sadly :()[/quote']

The comments about United was a pure joke. I even said it in the next post.

I don't change my mind about my comments. I still think the ref did have a huge part to play in that. Also may I remind you that I was the first to actually congratulate villa for using theirs strengths in counter attacking...

Plus I also said that Wenger needs to pull his finger out.

Happy?

This kind of football snobbery' date=' ignorance and arrogance really gets on my nerves.

There is no 'right way' to play football. Just cos you didn't like it doesn't make it wrong. If anything the way we approached the game was better, as we won. Possession doesn't get you points, goals do. We play to our strengths, speed and counter attacking. Villa have played that way for years, it's not a new thing.

Oh, and I took the white color off the scummy club bit. If you're gonna insult a club at least have the balls to do it properly rather than hide behind white text you coward. Besides, it's becoming more apparent that there's only one club from either Villa or Arsenal with scum running all the way through it.[/quote']

LMAO :D

Look' date=' it's not our fault your players are injured.[/b'] Football is a contact sport. We didn't go out to kick people's legs all the time as you put it.

It's only half our fault that we won. You were god awful. We were the better team, get over it

REALLY?...Tell me more.

I think the ref had a poor overall game for both sides to be honest' date=' nor do I think we were over physical with you. Infact I thought it got quite fierce between the two teams during certain stages.

The big three injuries that happened, Gibbs collided with the back of Weimann head, just both players challenging for the ball. It happens. Ox and Luna both went in for the ball, both missed, ox came of worse... somehow Luna was booked for that and finally Sagna. He came running in and jumping for the ball, which is fine but Benteke didnt ever look like challenging for that and he went straight over him.

To suggest we kicked you off the pitch is daft, bitter and simply not true. We were often bullied off the park last season, the game got quite hot headed in places but I think thats all there is to say.

Kos sending off was harsh, as on first glance I thought he fully wiped out Weimann but he kinda tripped him a little bit, understand why it was given but it was a little harsh. Regarding the second penalty I think its tough, one angle it looks like he got the ball, from others it doesnt look like he got it. Tough call, but I think its a penalty, but then again id probably say that. I think you could of easily lost szczesny before hand mind you.

Regarding our style of play, are we supposed to go away to Arsenal and play you off the pitch? Are we supposed to, or expected to keep possession against one of the teams who do that the best in Europe. If we did that we would get shredded, we pressed hard and play quick counter attacking football. Its our strengths but against less gifted teams we arent just about counter attacking.

Guzan was really important for us on saturday and that game could of easly gone either way. Just delighted it went ours.[/quote']

Ruggermad can learn from you mate.

A very respectable comment.

Personally, I think if you watch the Sagna injury again you'll see Benteke maliciously tossing him over.

Of course when against the odds you do what you can to get a result.

But when the whistle blew Villa were flying into tackles and Wilshere was clearly targeted.

This set the tone and we had to try to match you which made it a gritty game.

A definite game plan.

I think I have a right to grumble when half the team is on the treatment table.

I spent my evening with a hammered Mancunian; thank god i did.

The other bit of your winnings?:)

Sky sports :rolleyes: have reported that the bid for Cabaye has been knocked back..

Arsenal are ready to begin a late summer spending spree after launching a triple swoop for Yohan Cabaye' date=' Geoffrey Kondogbia and Atsuto Uchida, Goal can reveal.[url']http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/08/19/4198052/arsenal-launch-triple-swoop-for-cabaye-kondogbia-uchida[/url]

Is there any truth to the player joining us, apparently is 15-year old Swedish player Kristopher Da Graca, who impressed Arsenal sufficiently during a trial and will be joining the academy.:confused:

;2699058']What? So I'm expected to know the market price of and out of favour Manchester City player? Would of thought they wouldn't need him so would try get something around that for him. He has to admit he has no future there' date=' continously pushed back in ranks by spending.

Sure, I'd pay up to around £13m for him, hasn't shown his full potential. Wouldn't be panic buying, like offering £25m for him.[/quote']

Out of favour? Try injured all of last season. Firm fans favourite, English, to a rival team, at this stage of the window... £7.5m would be derisory to say the least. Our depth at the back isn't great as it is so I doubt we'd sell anyway :)

Also, to JCAFC who was saying Arsenal go about business with dignity, openly bidding for Cabaye who had a game that evening is not sporting at all. He traveled with Newcastle today but didn't feel in the right frame of mind to play after that.

Arsenal seem to get criticised no matter what they do these days. Much of it rightly so but the transfer window is open still. That's the premier leagues fault not Arsenals. Would waiting until tomorrow have changed much? Cabaye would have played tonight but then what about the next game in 5 days time? These players should be professional with the wages they're on.

The big leagues have all started their seasons now, there is no biding without affecting one team or another.

Also did Arsenal openly bid or was it Newcastle or "a source" that revealed it? Arsenal usually do everything undisclosed.

Arsenal seem to get criticised no matter what they do these days. Much of it rightly so but the transfer window is open still. That's the premier leagues fault not Arsenals. Would waiting until tomorrow have changed much? Cabaye would have played tonight but then what about the next game in 5 days time? These players should be professional with the wages they're on.

The big leagues have all started their seasons now' date=' there is no biding without affecting one team or another.

Also did Arsenal openly bid or was it Newcastle or "a source" that revealed it? Arsenal usually do everything undisclosed.[/quote']

Why not wait till tomorrow? You aren't going to sort anything today when Newcastle had a match to play.

Why not bid closer to his value? £10m's laughable.

Must have been Arsenal to leak it. Newcastle had nothing to gain from it and it looks like Wenger might be finally doing something in the market - even if it completely backfired.

Why not wait till tomorrow? You aren't going to sort anything today when Newcastle had a match to play.

Must have been Arsenal to leak it. Newcastle had nothing to gain from it and it looks like Wenger might be finally doing something in the market - even if it completely backfired.

From what I am seeing it was Alan Pardew who brought it up before the match.

Even still does it really make any difference when? I haven't known that to ever be a problem before.

Well like I pointed out, he has another game in 5 days so who's to say his head wouldn't be right for that one. Arguably there would be no good time to bid any more.

As for the amount well I guess you don't start with your highest offer..

The way Arsenal have gone about transfers is awful. We needed about 3 decent players friday, now we need about 5-7 with injuries. :/

We need to get shot of Kroenke and probably Wenger unless his hands are actually being tied behind his back and he is trying to protect the club... who knows though. Its a terrible way to run a club. How Arsenal manage 4th under these circumstances is almost miraculous.

So, Wenger has come out of the woodwork and said he is waiting for the right player for Arsenal, to me, Cabaye is definitely not the right player Arsenal need ATM. They need a proper DM (which Cabaye isn't) a good CB, a proper striker (they won't win the league, hell, they won't get top four, with Giroud up top) and maybe a decent winger with Ox been out for so long (if the rumours are true).

Seriously, why has Wenger NOT shown an interest in Willian? I know Anzhi have inflated his price by overpaying for him in the first place but there isn't much real talent available ATM.

Also, some of the drivel mentioned on this thread is embarrassing to read.

Apparently we have representatives in Valencia to negotiate terms with goalkeeper Vicente Guaita. Know nothing about him to be honest

Why? Szczesny is a perfectly capable keeper & Guaita is no improvement. Kiessling, Fellaini, Bender, Gameiro, Willian, these are the sort of players you should be looking at.

Apparently we have representatives in Valencia to negotiate terms with goalkeeper Vicente Guaita. Know nothing about him to be honest

From what I have seen good shot stopper, and good in the air; his main deficiency is his footwork and distribution could improve a bit-but have not watched him play often.

Why? Szczesny is a perfectly capable keeper & Guaita is no improvement. Kiessling' date=' Fellaini, Bender, Gameiro, Willian, these are the sort of players you should be looking at.[/quote']

Kiessling - not good enough

Fellaini - sure

Bender - Hyypia won't sell him after Carvajal and Schurrle already went this summer. They're on the rise after all with CL football on the schedule

Gameiro - not good enough

Willian - sure

Kiessling - not good enough

Fellaini - sure

Bender - Hyypia won't sell him after Carvajal and Schurrle already went this summer. They're on the rise after all with CL football on the schedule

Gameiro - not good enough

Willian - sure

Can you tell me how Bundesliga top scorer in last season isn't good enough for Arsenal?Just out of curiosity.

Gameiro sadly went to Sevilla but he's a top finisher and was definetly good enough for Arsenal

Can you tell me how Bundesliga top scorer in last season isn't good enough for Arsenal?Just out of curiosity.

Gameiro sadly went to Sevilla but he's a top finisher and was definetly good enough for Arsenal

Old, bit too puzzlelike of a team construction getting Kiessling in terms of strengths and weaknesses. Plus Hyypia won't let him go anyways.

£20 mil is far too much though... Cabaye was poor last season, I don't know why you're targeting him. Would he even be an improvement on Arteta?

Cabaye wouldnt be an improvement on Arteta and if we are to spend 20m it needs to be on a better player or a DM. £20m is simply too much for a player who will be rotated a lot.

Its a shame that we dont buy players when we need em and then when we go to get some, we go the wrong way about it in this case its Cabaye

£20 mil is far too much though... Cabaye was poor last season' date=' I don't know why you're targeting him. Would he even be an improvement on Arteta?[/quote']

Which is why Wenger isn't paying 20mil for him because he is no worth 20mil. Don't get me wrong, he is a very good player and even help the club to convince player. 4 players I would prefer having over Cabaye would be Gourcuff, Eriksen,Bender and Yarmolenko.

£20 mil is far too much though... Cabaye was poor last season' date=' I don't know why you're targeting him. Would he even be an improvement on Arteta?[/quote']

They're targeting him because they're desperate and panic buying. Did the same with Arteta, Mertesacker and Santos.

If Arsenal wanted Cabaye, they would've bid for him before the 19th of August.

He was injured, not poor. There's a difference. He still was easily Toon's most important player.

4 players I would prefer having over Cabaye would be Gourcuff' date=' Eriksen,Bender and Yarmolenko. [/quote']

Aside from Bender, none of these would fix your midfield problems in any way, and Cabaye offers much more support to attack than him. Easily the best option out of these five for you.

Or is your plan to play Wilshere and Ramsey in front of defence line again? Neither of them can do that. Wilshere's pressing is notoriously bad, while Ramsey's runs to backup Mertesacker are absolutely clueless, basically leaving Koscielny alone with two forwards all the time. They both take too much time with the ball, Wilshere's possession losses came costly to you in the first round.

Cabaye would improve your team tons. Only thing he lacks is size, and you don't need a big DM, because you have Per coming up to fight for the long balls. All the DM has to do in those situations is to cover up Per, something Ramsey and Wilshere clearly are unable to do.

All this complaining about panic buys is a bit ridiculous. And it seems to me it comes mostly from people tied to other clubs, which makes sense as it is clearly something unsettling Arsenal. That you had to sign before doesn't mean you wouldn't have to sign now. Now you seriously have no other choice but to sign somebody. It was a failure not to sign before the season started, but that does not make signing players now any less necessary. All you have to beware is signing players you don't have use for.

But Wenger hasn't so far gone for that. He overbid Wolfsburg for Gustavo. Not his fault that Gustavo was sold to Wolfsburg regardless of his better bid (by few millions of euros better). Gustavo would have been a right kind of player for you, despite many of you not reckoning him. And he is a top class player. Same with Cabaye. Signing Cabaye is not signing some obscure player to a position you have already covered. It is buying a proven international to a position to which you really have 0 players. Wenger has followed Cabaye for some 4 years now, he must have had the guy on his list already before.

Only thing I wonder is why Wenger buys Cabaye now when he didn't buy the guy when he was available for €5M. To my mind, if he had some reason why he thought Cabaye is not the player he needs, then he should not buy him now either.

While £10M is clearly too low, £20M is still too much money asked now that Cabaye has been injured for most of the last season, even if he has a long history to prove he is not injury prone. With that price, I feel he has to play another full season to get a transfer to a better team. It is bit nasty from Newcastle to ask that much if he really wants to leave (which might not be the case), seen that they got him under the market price, and I'd suppose final fee will be something like £15M. If not, then Cabaye should probably just play the best season he can and wait for ManU to come sign him during January transfer window or next Summer.

On Wenger's lack of buying, I feel that there has been a similar thing as with Moyes at ManU: he has focused all summer to get a few players who are close to nontransferable (Rooney, Suarez), and forgotten to buy other, at least as much needed players. Had his bid for Suarez or Higuain been accepted, you'd probably have another CB and DM by now. And there were no problems. He has bit unrealistic targets at the moment, and soon it will be too late, because CL games start this week and many of potentially targeted players will soon have featured in a CL match and are no longer option for you lot.