Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

The first part is just made up and not true.

As if we accept a bid 5m lower out of favour. Ridiculous. You either didn't offer it or the player rejected you.

Every time a transfer goes sideways' date=' you are not at fault. Higuain, not your fault. Gustavo, not your fault. You really are the unluckiest bunch of all...[/quote']

Just what I am hearing dude. Plus no need to have a dig. We already proved what happened with Higuain. Not really wanting to go over that again lol sorry.

But you could have convinced the player otherwise. I'm sure Gustavo would have chosen to join Arsenal if real attempts had been made to secure his signature.

I am sure you are right. If only I knew what really goes on. Oh well one to the next one.

The first part is just made up and not true.

As if we accept a bid 5m lower out of favour. Ridiculous. You either didn't offer it or the player rejected you.

Well, considering that Gustavo has publicly told that he turned Arsenal down because he wants to stay in Germany, and Arsenal's higher bid was well reported, there is no doubt that Arsenal did make a good enough bid for Gustavo. Gustavo saying he turned them down suggests also that the bid was accepted. As otherwise it would not necessarily be a question for him whether he accepts their offer or not. And I guess this was the case, although I could have imagined that to play in next World Cup he would have done better to chose Arsenal. But I'm not him, so I don't know his motives.

However, considering relations between Bayern and Wolfsburg, not only VW but also buying Mandzukic last season, it is not inconceivable that Wolfsburg could have been given some advantage. After all, Bayern could also have told them to match Arsenal's bid or bugger off. Like Real at least practically did to Arsenal when Napoli outbid them for Higuain.

This has nothing to do with their other failures to buy players, but in Gustavo's case, you can't really blame them. Or let me put it differently: what more could they have done? Blow Hoeness? Or maybe they should have done that to Gustavo instead?

But you could have convinced the player otherwise. I'm sure Gustavo would have chosen to join Arsenal if real attempts had been made to secure his signature.

Well, all we know is what he said. And he said that he is happy in Germany, Wolfsburg has been following him for ages, unlike Arsenal, and that Scolari advised him, apparently at least not to not choose Wolfsburg. Not sure what Arsenal could have done. Move to Germany and reveal their secret spy reports on Gustavo starting from his teenage? Call Scolari and tell him to say Gustavo that he won't be selected if he plays at Wolfsburg?

It might be that Wolfsburg was able to pay as much in wages (they are), and guarantee a starter place (they are). Their project indeed (oh, Gustavo mentioned this too) is quite likely to bring them CL football for next season. They have been very impressive so far in Bundesliga.

It might be that Wolfsburg was able to pay as much in wages (they are), and guarantee a starter place (they are). Their project indeed (oh, Gustavo mentioned this too) is quite likely to bring them CL football for next season. They have been very impressive so far in Bundesliga.

How do you figure that? They had the second (or third) highest budget the last 2 or 3 seasons and almost got relegated with that. Their last 4 seasons they finished 8th, 15th, 8th and then 11th last year and the "project" always been the same.

I don't see them "quite likely" getting CL football at all.

P.S. Doesn't belong in here so feel free to send me a PM or continue in Bundesliga discussions.

That picture above is sheer class. Is that really Wenger?

How do you figure that? They had the second (or third) highest budget the last 2 or 3 seasons and almost got relegated with that. Their last 4 seasons they finished 8th' date=' 15th, 8th and then 11th last year and the "project" always been the same.

I don't see them "quite likely" getting CL football at all.[/quote']

That was because of Magath and they're the 2nd richest team in BuLi after ....

How do you figure that? They had the second (or third) highest budget the last 2 or 3 seasons and almost got relegated with that. Their last 4 seasons they finished 8th' date=' 15th, 8th and then 11th last year and the "project" always been the same.

I don't see them "quite likely" getting CL football at all.

P.S. Doesn't belong in here so feel free to send me a PM or [b']continue in Bundesliga discussions.[/b]

That picture above is sheer class. Is that really Wenger?

okay. will do.

Thought I would catch up on the thread and by Golly what a waste of time.

Another 3-4 pages of possibly the most pointless' date=' boring set of comments[/b'] ever

I hope that is a joke' date=' he has been [b']beyond useless since he arrived on our shores
No not really apologise for making an opinion which was in response to a post' date=' if you corrected yourself after so be it fair do's.

I am not gunna address the other point coz it will only lead to one thing chat about a man in black which has gone [b']beyond pointless[/b].

I don't hate but your backing for him is based on past events and sentiment and neither have any relevance in modern day football especially eight years on for a big club like Arsenal.
People can read for themselves.....your initial 10-12 posts after the match was just one big whine fest anyway it's gone.

Your entire forum existence has been based around defending Wenger.....now albeit probably 2 years to late you are starting to realise the continuous mistakes and errors the man has and more disturbingly continues to make....

Hypocracy.... Just when you think you're safe it creeps up and bites you in the arse eh Ray? :D

Wilshere is a very skilled player' date=' very good in dribbling and bringing the ball up, and is an outstanding passer, but he has many lacks in his game and should play higher. However, even as an AM, he is far from perfect. For one thing, he doesn't score goals. [b']Apparently he just hasn't got a shot in him.[/b] Doesn't really have to score goals, he has other skills, but obviously that is one thing that he lacks, and also a one thing that many midfielders do provide (e.g. Cazorla, Michu, or, for that matter, Cabaye).

;2699771']Why he will never be a Steven Gerrard' date=' Mark II.[/quote']

I can't wait for you guys to eat your words.

Anyway' date=' [b']Sagna, Gibbs, Rosicky, Ramsey and Wilshere back on training[/b]. It appeared that Sagna was lucky not to injured his neck bone as bad as we thought from the game. Thank god for that as we really needed the highlighted player. I can see Sagna and Mertaesacker as our CB, Jenkinson RB and Gibbs as LB now.

Probably had the injection.

I think we'l get through. Udinese was a tricky tie 2 years ago.

The only difference between now and then is our squad is much more thinner. Regardless I still think we will pass through. Really wish we do. I wouldn't see to see us eliminated after our hard earn 4th place from Tottenham.

Painkillers? Oh yeah' date=' forgotten to add Monreal to the list. He is back too.

Also, am I the only one who is positive/having faith that we will draw or win at least?[/quote']

Yh the old numb juice.

Very dangerous.

The body tells you it hurts for a reason.

Keep playing on the injection and your injury gets worse but you don't even know it till you break down and get subbed off.

We have the quality to beat them, the same quality that should've beat Villa.

Why does he have to score goals' date=' certainly its nice.

But that doesnt nor should it have to define Wilsheres game.[/quote']

Everyone says he is Gerrard, Gerrard has two main assets to him, his passing, and his shooting.

Wilshere has passing and to a certain extent droving forward. Lad learns to have a pop like I said won't be passing it around their penalty box for a while at a time. Worst part of Arsenal's game and most infuritating being in opponrnts half for so long and nothing resulting in it, time after time.

;2701201']Everyone says he is Gerrard' date=' Gerrard has two main assets to him, his passing, and his shooting.

Wilshere has passing and to a certain extent droving forward. Lad learns to have a pop like I said won't be passing it around their penalty box for a while at a time. Worst part of Arsenal's game and most infuritating being in opponrnts half for so long and nothing resulting in it, time after time.[/quote']

I'd disagree with that to a certain point.

Gerrard's shooting is very good yes, but at the start of his career he was more known for his passing and tenacity; that dogged attitude rather than his shooting to begin with. Wilshere possesses both of those already. No doubt the other parts of his game will come along.

The fact he's come through Arsenal's youth system under Arsene Wenger probably contributes to his lack of shooting. It's been a problem for Arsenal for years and no doubt if Jack came through at a different club he might be more inclined to shoot.