Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

;2701201']Everyone says he is Gerrard' date=' Gerrard has two main assets to him, his passing, and his shooting.

Wilshere has passing and to a certain extent droving forward. Lad learns to have a pop like I said won't be passing it around their penalty box for a while at a time. Worst part of Arsenal's game and most infuritating being in opponrnts half for so long and nothing resulting in it, time after time.[/quote']

Shooting is an ability that develops over time.

Modric used to be criticized for not having a shot.

k90E7sBmKow

bZB9N4lqhK0

Also, Wilshere should still prioritize his game on his strengths, just like everybody else. You wouldn't expect John Terry to dazzle everyone with his amazing 1-on-1 dribbling skills.

If we destroy fener it will only delude wenger even more (although it ain't hard as we could lose 3-0 and wenger would still be happy with the squad...)

We may bounce back tonight but I don't really see it tbh..

Can you imagine if you went out of the CL, lost to Spurs on the 26th, and didn't buy adequately in the market? Surely then Wenger's head would be on the block.

I don't think that trio of events is particularly unlikely either

Can you imagine if you went out of the CL' date=' lost to Spurs on the 26th, and didn't buy adequately in the market? Surely then Wenger's head would be on the block.

I don't think that trio of events is particularly unlikely either[/quote']

We aren't going to get the quality or quantity that's needed that's for sure, I'm looking at the squad and I've got that feeling just like when man utd turned us over 8-2...

We could finish 6th and wenger would still get a new contract..

We aren't going to get the quality or quantity that's needed that's for sure' date=' I'm looking at the squad and I've got that feeling just like when man utd turned us over 8-2...

[b']We could finish 6th and wenger would still get a new contract..[/b]

That would seriously seriously worry me if I were a fan

Dick Law has been in Spain to negotiate with Valencia for keeper Guaita but talks have broken down due to the club not being willing to meet Valencia's valuation.

His buy out clause is around €30m, but Valencia were willing to accept €20m as they have Diego Alves. You didnt want to meet either fee.

Dick Law has been in Spain to negotiate with Valencia for keeper Guaita but talks have broken down due to the club not being willing to meet Valencia's valuation.

His buy out clause is around €30m' date=' but Valencia were willing to accept €20m as they have Diego Alves. You didnt want to meet either fee.[/quote']

If we're gonna spend €30M on a goalkeeper make it Muslera or Begovic and its a deal..

(Although Muslera is unrealistic...)

The more I hear about Wenger the more I laugh

Just read he turned down the chance to sign Yaya Toure' date=' describing him as 'completely average'. Add him to Ibrahimovic, Ronaldo etc etc[/quote']

To be fair at the time Ibra would never have got in the team at the time and well he said he doesn't do auditions :P

Just read he turned down the chance to sign Yaya Toure' date=' describing him as 'completely average'. Add him to Ibrahimovic, Ronaldo etc etc[/quote']

False, Yaya Toure didn't come to Arsenal due to work permit issue and Ronaldo didn't come because of agreement problem with Sporting. In the end got out bid by Man United but we would have gotten Ronaldo if we agreed their valuation at the first place. Ibrahimovic is a good striker but too arrogant. It won't kill him doing an audition.

Yeah but if he had signed them then he would not have been able to purchase Kaba Diawara, Chris Wreh, Stepanovs, Cygan, Djourou, Denilson, Wright, Jeffers, Squillaci, Senderos, Gervinho etc etc and see them all turn into world beaters....:o

False' date=' Yaya Toure didn't come to Arsenal due to work permit issue [b']and Ronaldo didn't come because of agreement problem with Sporting.[/b] In the end got out bid by Man United but we would have gotten Ronaldo if we agreed their valuation at the first place. Ibrahimovic is a good striker but too arrogant. It won't kill him doing an audition.

Yes the problem being that Wenger thought 7m was too much:D

As Ez said, Yaya Toure was out of his control, work permit issues mean that he couldn't join.

"He was here as a young boy but we cannot get players in here if they are not internationals. He had no work permit and was too young. We tried to wait until when he was in Belgium, we tried to get him a European passport."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-why-i-could-not-sign-yaya-toure

To be fair at the time Ibra would never have got in the team at the time and well he said he doesn't do auditions :P

I love Ibra's quotes. Ajax didn't want him to have a trial I assume?

False' date=' Yaya Toure didn't come to Arsenal due to work permit issue and Ronaldo didn't come because of agreement problem with Sporting. In the end got out bid by Man United but we would have gotten Ronaldo if we agreed their valuation at the first place. Ibrahimovic is a good striker but too arrogant. It won't kill him doing an audition.[/quote']

Fair enough - but he did call him average :P

It's just funny to look back on what could've been. It's not just them though. Another that springs to mind more recently is Rafael Van der Vaart. Arsenal target for ages, then moves for next to no money to Spurs :confused:

And he's not the only one

It's just funny to look back on what could've been. It's not just them though. Another that springs to mind more recently is Rafael Van der Vaart. Arsenal target for ages' date=' then moves for next to no money to Spurs :confused:

And he's not the only one[/quote']

Capoue is another. He looks a monster already. In the 33 minutes he was on the pitch he had more inteceptions than 3 whole sides on the opening weekend.

Well' date=' let's all laugh at Wenger now. Really want to dig a hole and hide my face in it. What a shame, we could have been the one getting him.

I love Ibra's quotes. Ajax didn't want him to have a trial I assume?

Fair enough - but he did call him average :P

It's just funny to look back on what could've been. It's not just them though. Another that springs to mind more recently is Rafael Van der Vaart. Arsenal target for ages, then moves for next to no money to Spurs :confused:

And he's not the only one

What, Seriously? Again let's laugh at Wenger if that is true. I think Yaya Toure would still leave Arsenal even if he is in our squad. Perhaps if he was to leave, he would probably leave TOGETHER with his brother Kolo Toure to Man City.