Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

I would love to go to war with you chap - you would still keep fighting the good fight even with severed arms and legs' date=' whilst our 'enemies' were rodgering our wives and building multi-storey car parks on our homes:D[/quote']

She better not be enjoying it or I would be really mad. ;)

I would love to go to war with you chap - you would still keep fighting the good fight even with severed arms and legs' date=' whilst our 'enemies' were rodgering our wives and building multi-storey car parks on our homes:D[/quote']

Hahahaha!

-ZoD9uXhl3w

Some baseless reports on Twitter saying Lamela himself wants to join Arsenal.

Seeing more rumors about Casillas

Valencia want 25m for Guaita

Juventus won't sell Pogba

Also this on Villa

"In January Arsenal came and offered a four-year deal, about 20m euros, and some money for Barcelona. Barcelona said they were not selling," Balague told Revista.

"So I think that David Villa, who took his kids to a British school, expected Arsenal to come back but they didn't, because they saw that David Villa in the last six months was not happy and wasn't playing well, and they probably thought he is not what he was.

Some baseless reports on Twitter saying Lamela himself wants to join Arsenal.

Seeing more rumors about Casillas

Valencia want 25m for Guaita

Juventus won't sell Pogba.

25 mil for who? Isn't Alves there first choice anyway?

Wasn't expecting Juventus to sell Pogba who is class.

Casillas is an easily done deal... Lol If that happened I would stretch for 3 weeks to try and suck myself.

25 mil for who? Isn't Alves there first choice anyway?

Wasn't expecting Juventus to sell Pogba who is class.

Casillas is an easily done deal... Lol If that happened I would stretch for 3 weeks to try and suck myself.

Reckon you do that anyway.

Wenger seems so angry in this press conference. geez

Yes the problem being that Wenger thought 7m was too much:D

To be fair back then £7m was plenty.

£10m would get you an experienced quality player like Alan Shearer.

We also had Quincy Owusu who proved to be a skillful flop.

I can see why Ronaldo could have looked like a huge gamble.

But still players like him, Messi, Iniesta and Ibra, from a young age you can see they are something special.

I saw them all as teenagers and told my mates they were the next big thing and none of them disappointed.

To be fair back then £7m was plenty.

£10m would get you an experienced quality player like Alan Shearer.

We also had Quincy Owusu who proved to be a skillful flop.

I can see why Ronaldo could have looked like a huge gamble.

But still players like him' date=' Messi, Iniesta and Ibra, from a young age you can see they are something special.

[b']I saw them all as teenagers and told my mates they were the next big thing and none of them disappointed.[/b]

Sign him up^ Lead Scout.

;2701201']Everyone says he is Gerrard' date=' Gerrard has two main assets to him, his passing, and his shooting.

Wilshere has passing and to a certain extent droving forward. Lad learns to have a pop like I said won't be passing it around their penalty box for a while at a time. Worst part of Arsenal's game and most infuritating being in opponrnts half for so long and nothing resulting in it, time after time.[/quote']

Rugger made a good point about Gerrard's game coming along later in his career. I think Gerrard started out as a DM then added the goals so they moved him up the pitch.

I would think Wilshere is closer to Lampard at West Ham.

Not the best tackler and not a prolific scorer, but great passing and technique. Jack scored a few early on and fell into the Arsenal way like someone else mentioned is a team problem.

If he was managed by someone else he could be prolific by now.

I think Wenger has lost his ability to coach good young players into world class performers. Ramsey, Oxlade, Wilshere all should have made better progress. I know there were injuries but still I reckon Moyes, O'Neil, Redknapp and plenty of managers would have developed them better.

Rugger made a good point about Gerrard's game coming along later in his career. I think Gerrard started out as a DM then added the goals so they moved him up the pitch.

I would think Wilshere is closer to Lampard at West Ham.

Not the best tackler and not a prolific scorer' date=' but great passing and technique. Jack scored a few early on and fell into the Arsenal way like someone else mentioned is a team problem.

If he was managed by someone else he could be prolific by now.

I think Wenger has lost his ability to coach good young players into world class performers. Ramsey, Oxlade, Wilshere all should have made better progress. I know there were injuries but still I reckon Moyes, O'Neil, Redknapp and plenty of managers would have developed them better.[/quote']

Sorry but that last paragraph is just so wrong on so many levels. The reason you here about Wilshere today is because of Wenger. Not many other managers would give a 16 yr old a chance. Wenger builds a whole team not just one player. These players will grow up knowing each other inside out. Year by year they will improve.

Injury is what halted Wilshere.

Sign him up^ Lead Scout.

:D

I love scouting I've watched World cup football' date=' Champions League at Arsenal all the way down to Arsenal Reserve matches and Sunday league.

On TV I've watched loads of footie; International youth and senior tournaments and leagues from all over the world for years. Not so much anymore I've got grown folk stuff to do lol.

I have the ability to spot talent but never utilised it apart from beating champ manager and doing ok on SM.

I spotted a 17 year old RVP and again told all my mates.

Bragged like crazy when he won the UEFA Cup then he went and joined Arsenal!

Toni Kroos was the last player I saw as a teenager that caught my eye.

'The new Ballack' I called him lol.

My last set of scouted players from back in the day...

[center']Zigic

Scocco

Izmailov Sahin Schneider Juanfran

Gavilan Vlaar Zubar Srna

Stekelenberg[/center]

Some of them might be useful for Arsenal now.

;2701923']Arsenal: Szczesny' date=' Sagna, Mertesacker ©, Koscielny, Gibbs, Wilshere, Ramsey, Rosicky, Cazorla, Walcott, Giroud

What the hell does Podolski need to do to play? At least rest Rosicky considering being as fragile as teapot.[/quote']

At least rest Ramsey considering he's as helpful as a teapot.

What Le Arse is doing here is something he always does; giving a losing team a chance to redeem itself. Pathetic really.

Sorry but that last paragraph is just so wrong on so many levels. The reason you here about Wilshere today is because of Wenger. Not many other managers would give a 16 yr old a chance. Wenger builds a whole team not just one player. These players will grow up knowing each other inside out. Year by year they will improve.

Injury is what halted Wilshere.

To be fair not many coaches blood them in young it gives them confidence and experience. But then as we've seen with Michael Owen it also makes them injury prone. Someone posted a great article where the writer expanded on Grimandi's injury theory. Too many games = exhaustion, possession style football = receiving many tackles, slim athletic players = weak bodies (anyone remember how big Bendtner was when on loan to Birmingham, then he got really skinny when he came back?).

There was more as well but it was clear that Wenger's football is the cause of our injury problems. I honestly believe Ashley Cole and Kieran Gibbs showed similar potential as teenagers, Kieran had even more impressive technique and played in many positions CM/LW/LM/LB.

The difference is Cole played next to Sol campbell with Pires in front and Viera adjacent. All experienced champions and world class players.

Gibbs played next to Silvestre had Arshavin in front and Denilson adjacent.

Average players.

In Summary Wenger creates the environment.

The environment was perfect for bringing through top young players like Ashley cole before.

In 2013 Wenger's environment is far from perfect.