Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Lol typical Hayden with his negative views or his sarcastic extremely high hoped ones.

Spuds haven't yet scored from open play in the prem and tbh they look nothing special. The match against Swansea showed their flaws at teams who play nice passing football. If it wasn't for a dodgy decision it would of been 0-0.

In my view we should beat them now before their players settle.

As for signings we have time.

Apparently I was too harsh on him earlier -- his negativity is not just directed at Chelsea but rather everyone and everything in life. So yeah' date=' I'm going to stop pushing back at rugger now...

This is most definitely not meant as a dig but here we go: [url']http://successify.net/2012/10/31/22-things-happy-people-do-differently/[/url]

Anger-filled or depressive life just sucks. I've been around people like that and have exhibited some of those qualities myself in the past.

Apparently I was too harsh on him earlier -- his negativity is not just directed at Chelsea but rather everyone and everything in life. So yeah' date=' I'm going to stop pushing back at rugger now...

This is most definitely not meant as a dig but here we go: [url']http://successify.net/2012/10/31/22-things-happy-people-do-differently/[/url]

Anger-filled or depressive life just sucks. I've been around people like that and have exhibited some of those qualities myself in the past.

... and this is nothing to do with Arsenal. Keep it to Misc please.

Ramsey's been excellent so far this season.

;2709736']Getting knife and fork put for infernito' date=' must eat some humble pie over Ramsey

RYOO coming on.[/quote']

After 4 games, in 1 of which he was terrible? You can stick your knife and fork up your arse. The early signs are promising though.

Santi is brilliant, what a player.

After 4 games' date=' in 1 of which he was terrible? You can stick your knife and fork up your arse. The early signs are promising though.

Santi is brilliant, what a player.[/quote']

Early signs? Like your a pundit on Slow Sports News!

Anyways..

Szczesny - 7/10 - Good shot stopper, once again needs to work out when to come out and when to stay in goal

Jenkinson - 7/10 - Passed around well, needs to learn to whip first time crosses in, ended with what my pro does on FIFA, a wild shot, then a beauty of a volley

Sagna - 8/10 - Looked like a stroll, only when he got skinned by Emineke was the only downfall

Mertesacker - 8/10 - Commanding in the air, and kept Fenerbache to a minimum

Monreal - 8/10 - Whenever there was an attack on the left he was there, whenever there was an attack from Fenerbache 90% of the time he was there.

Ramsey - 9/10 - More doubters being put to bed tonight, the second goal was a striker's finish!

Wilshere - 8/10 - Good as always in the midfield, still miffed why he wasn't subbed/started. Great understanding with Santi.

Cazorla - 9/10 - Played better than Wilshere, is ball control is the best at the club.

Walcott - 7/10 - Average performance

Podolski - 8/10 - Great driving forward, hope the hamstring only minor.

Giroud - 7/10 - Once again good at holding up the ball, should of scored the second attempt, more link up play needs to be involved in Arsenal's game.

Ryo - 5/10 - Peach of a cross for Jenkinson, bit erratic when first came on

Sanogo - 5/10 - Didn't do a lot on/off ball.

Gibbs - 8/10 - Worked well down the left.

;2709806']Early signs? Like your a pundit on Slow Sports News!

Anyways..

Szczesny - 7/10 - Good shot stopper' date=' once again needs to work out when to come out and when to stay in goal

Jenkinson - 7/10 - Passed around well, needs to learn to whip first time crosses in, ended with what my pro does on FIFA, a wild shot, then a beauty of a volley

Sagna - 8/10 - Looked like a stroll, only when he got skinned by Emineke was the only downfall

Mertesacker - 8/10 - Commanding in the air, and kept Fenerbache to a minimum

Monreal - 8/10 - Whenever there was an attack on the left he was there, whenever there was an attack from Fenerbache 90% of the time he was there.

Ramsey - 9/10 - More doubters being put to bed tonight, the second goal was a striker's finish!

Wilshere - 8/10 - Good as always in the midfield, still miffed why he wasn't subbed/started. Great understanding with Santi.

Cazorla - 9/10 - Played better than Wilshere, is ball control is the best at the club.

Walcott - 7/10 - Average performance

Podolski - 8/10 - Great driving forward, hope the hamstring only minor.

Giroud - 7/10 - Once again good at holding up the ball, should of scored the second attempt, more link up play needs to be involved in Arsenal's game.

Ryo - 5/10 - Peach of a cross for Jenkinson, bit erratic when first came on

Sanogo - 5/10 - Didn't do a lot on/off ball.

Gibbs - 8/10 - Worked well down the left.[/quote']

Sorry, i forget we were half way through the season.

Not sure why you gave Szczesny and Wally 7's, they were rank.

New we would beat these bums in this game after the last tonking we gave them' date=' theyve been awful in both legs. Ramsey has been amazing, cant wait for the draw on Thursday, [b']hopefully an easy group this time[/b], we deserve it.

We've never really had a hard group though. Last year was a very easy group, which we made it hard for ourselves.

Are we still a Pot 1 team though? Dortmund last season was a Pot 2 side if I remember and would surely be a Pot 1 side now. Hopefully that doesnt take our place.

Sorry' date=' i forget we were half way through the season.

Not sure why you gave Szczesny and Wally 7's, they were rank.[/quote']

You must of missed his quick reactions to deny Fenerbahce when Sagna went to clear the ball and it quickly bounced back at goal. I know he had little to do but today he looked more sharp and those quick reactions was shown then.

We've never really had a hard group though. Last year was a very easy group' date=' which we made it hard for ourselves.

Are we still a Pot 1 team though? Dortmund last season was a Pot 2 side if I remember and would surely be a Pot 1 side now. Hopefully that doesnt take our place.[/quote']

No we are Seed 1 and if I ain't mistaken somehow Dortmund are Seed 3?...

Pretty sure I heard it said a few times tonight on ITV.

We've never really had a hard group though. Last year was a very easy group' date=' which we made it hard for ourselves.

Are we still a Pot 1 team though? Dortmund last season was a Pot 2 side if I remember and would surely be a Pot 1 side now. Hopefully that doesnt take our place.[/quote']

Montpellier & Schalke were good to be honest at that time, especially with Montpellier being the Ligue 1 champs before the games took place, Olympiacos always cause us trouble away so it wasnt that easy. Wouldnt mind getting someone like Man Utds group last year.

Lol typical Hayden with his negative views or his sarcastic extremely high hoped ones.

Spuds haven't yet scored from open play in the prem and tbh they look nothing special. The match against Swansea showed their flaws at teams who play nice passing football. If it wasn't for a dodgy decision it would of been 0-0.

In my view we should beat them now before their players settle.

As for signings we have time.

Now the game is over, I will have a good chuckle at this.

Look nothing special? We've had two teams sit incredibly deep against us and we've created good chances in both games just been stopped by some great saves from Vorm and poor finishing against Palace.

Flaws against teams who play nice football? They created absolutely nothing bar a deflected shot and one shot from a set piece. If it wasn't for a dodgy decision in the first place, it would of been 1-0 at half time. Or have you forgotten about that?

Bobby will finally get chances now he will have some space rather than a defence on its own 18 yard line for the whole game. Plus if the midfield plays like it did against Swansea, you won't get very far. Capoue's positioning and anticipation is top class and I think Cazorla will struggle against him. If Paulinho can control Wilshere and push him the other way, I think you will struggle. The only worry I have is Walcott in behind Rose but you never know what Walcott will turn up.

I know you're incredibly positive but I think you could do yourself a favour by showing us and our squad some respect.

Now the game is over' date=' I will have a good chuckle at this.

Look nothing special? We've had two teams sit incredibly deep against us and we've created good chances in both games just been stopped by some great saves from Vorm and poor finishing against Palace.

Flaws against teams who play nice football? They created absolutely nothing bar a deflected shot and one shot from a set piece. If it wasn't for a dodgy decision in the first place, it would of been 1-0 at half time. Or have you forgotten about that?

Bobby will finally get chances now he will have some space rather than a defence on its own 18 yard line for the whole game. Plus if the midfield plays like it did against Swansea, you won't get very far. Capoue's positioning and anticipation is top class and I think Cazorla will struggle against him. If Paulinho can control Wilshere and push him the other way, I think you will struggle. The only worry I have is Walcott in behind Rose but you never know what Walcott will turn up.

I know you're incredibly positive but I think you could do yourself a favour by showing us and our squad some respect.[/quote']

I know you have a very talented group of players. I just don't believe you have a team as of yet. That's something money can't buy, however I do give credit to the quality of signings and timing of the deals. You are most certainly a far stronger team on paper. However I don't think your players have fully settled yet (and that's not a diss) hence why we should look to beat you now. Further on down the season at WHL would be a whole different story.

Correct.

We could end up with United/Chelsea/Arsenal being in a group with PSG' date=' Dortmund and Napoli.

UEFA is such a backward organisation.[/quote']

I think also Porto are in Pot 1, Juventus in Pot 2 & Man City in Pot 3.

No such thing as easy groups no more. Unless you get really lucky with say CSKA, Basel and Plzen for example. But yeah anyways.