Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Whilst I respect that many of you are angry and annoyed at how our club is being run.

Just bare in mind that we do have a good starting 11 almost paid of a stadium. Still known as a top seeded club. Still playing in Europe.

We do need to invest in our club and soon. However I really don't think Wenger is the only one you should blame. I don't think some of us fans realise just how lucky we have been to go through such a transitional change and still feature in the CL' date=' even with less investment that a fair few in the same league.

I ain't defending Wenger on his lack of signings. However he must really believe on his set of players. It kind of reminds me of the law of the sea as the captain goes down with his ship if it sinks. I really hope he pulls something out the bag but time is against us now.[/quote']

Good starting 11 Lol.

I remembered you used to be one of the most positive fan here but had a total change and I wouldn't question that as I can see your frustration.

[\QUOTE]

Im positive with certain things but ive sat on the fence laughing for so long ive finally fell off it and now im trying to tell a few people to wake up and smell the humuss.

Without injuries we have a great starting 11. With injuries it's good but not great.

Without injuries it's still not good enough to contend for the title, which is what Arsenal should be aiming for. Add injuries in and your squad - particularly your defence - looks horribly thin.

Lol at Hayden and Rugger.

If our starting 11 was no good how comes we got into the last 16 in the CL and top 4 in England?

Just stating facts. We are better than majority of clubs out there. That doesn't mean we are amazing and not in need of new players before you try and twist my words like usual.

I remembered you used to be one of the most positive fan here but had a total change and I wouldn't question that as I can see your frustration.

[\QUOTE]

Im positive with certain things but ive sat on the fence laughing for so long ive finally fell off it and now im trying to tell a few people to wake up and smell the humuss.

If you care so much about the club why not do what most people do. Join the Arsenal fans Trust and not just BSM as they only cause havoc even though their intentions are good.

Without injuries it's still not good enough to contend for the title' date=' which is what Arsenal should be aiming for. Add injuries in and your squad - particularly your defence - looks horribly thin.[/quote']

I'm fairly sure that wasn't our aim. We looked to compete with the biggest clubs in world football as we had a stadium to pay off. I don't think anyone ever actually thought we could mount serious title challenges and pay off a stadium.

Now that there is new commercial deals we should be able to start to build a team capable of mounting a serious challenge within the next 3 years.

Considering how the economy has been and the departure of key players we have done well with our 10 year plan. We are still on course to match it, if not we should be at the right level on the 11th year.

Really? Because I can't remember us beating any of the top 5 team last season except Tottenham once and Bayern once. And when you think about it' date=' our current squad can never match our 2004 invincible squad.[/quote']

I'm pretty sure we beat City or it could of been the year before. Even still the table doesn't lie. We don't get fourth and final 16 in CL for not having a good team. It really is as simple as that.

As for the invincibles, it's unfair to compare the two teams. Football has changed a lot since then, the Chelsea's and City's ruined that. However that's life and football.

Good starting 11 Lol.

You're criticising your own team here' date=' which is absolutely disgusting. You don't believe a team with Podolski, Giroud, Walcott, Cazorla, Wilshere, Arteta, Gibbs, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Sagna, Szczesny isn't a good team?

Wow, you haven't signed anyone [b']YET[/b]... try being a Leeds fan! We are happy that we've bought our first player over £1,000,000 in seven years.

Your last player bought Pod @ £11m) cost more than the last 20 players we have bought (dating all the way back to 01/02 when we paid £7m for Robbie Fowler)

You're criticising your own team here' date=' which is absolutely disgusting. You don't believe a team with Podolski, Giroud, Walcott, Cazorla, Wilshere, Arteta, Gibbs, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Sagna, Szczesny isn't a good team?

Wow, you haven't signed anyone [b']YET[/b]... try being a Leeds fan! We are happy that we've bought our first player over £1,000,000 in seven years.

Your last player bought Pod @ £11m) cost more than the last 20 players we have bought (dating all the way back to 01/02 when we paid £7m for Robbie Fowler)

Szczesny is god awful, walcotts poo, wilshere has been poo for a while but im sure that will change, arteta well hes been good but we need a destroyer instead of this 1 deep lying playmaker.

"Yes, of course. When you think that we lost three players of the stature of Arteta, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Podolski for three months basically before the season really starts, it's very hard to take and we are in a position where you want some more players."

Well, keep hoping.

"Yes' date=' of course. When you think that we lost three players of the stature of Arteta, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Podolski for three months basically before the season really starts, it's very hard to take and we are in a position where you want some more players."

Well, keep hoping.[/quote']

It baffles me why we weren't in for Erik Lamela or even Christian Eriksen.:confused:

Lol thanks for making me cough my tea over my keyboard.

Wilshere is rubbish you do have to laugh at that.

Just out of interest what on earth has Wilshere done in his career so far to be noted?

Yes I agree he is not 'rubbish' but the flip side of that coin is he has done/shown no more in the game than Cleverley, McCarthy, Henderson etc to warrant his so called 'wonderkid' status.

I agree Gav.

Lamela is a top talent. A player that I have watched for a few years. Spurs have got a top player and I won't lie I am sure he will become one of the best players in the prem. His shooting is good but his skills is even better. Even got 5* skills on Fifa ;)

I also don't understand how Eriksen is 12m euro' date=' but apparently everyone in Netherlands says he's overrated and nothing spectacular, which I found quite interesting.[/quote']

He's in his last year of contract and Ajax could use the money. They can't risk him going on a free. That doesn't explain why noone else is in for him though.

He's not over rated. He's a top player and has been Ajax's main man for at least two seasons