Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

I think a top form Koscielny is better but he's often too rash and lacks discipline. That may well be due to the players in front of him though. Hummels seems better on a more consistent basis.

Defensively?Yes,Koscielny is better then him at his best but Hummels takes the huge risk of going foward which costs him sometimes.If he wouldn't take that risk and would concentrate just on defending...we would know who's a better defender.Anyway Mats is the most complete defender in world football at the moment.

EDIT: Koscielny still scores own goals by the way?

Defensively?Yes' date='Koscielny is better then him at his best but Hummels takes the huge risk of going foward which costs him sometimes.If he wouldn't take that risk and would concentrate just on defending...we would know who's a better defender.Anyway Mats is the most complete defender in world football at the moment.[/quote']

I like my defenders to defend. Also Kompany > Hummels if you're after a complete CB.

I like my defenders to defend. Also Kompany > Hummels if you're after a complete CB.

That's a great joke.Kompany who had a pathetic season?Hummels wasn't brilliant in last season either but he was definetly much better then your lad.Going foward Hummels is head and shoulders above Kompany and pretty much anyone at the moment.He dictates everything from the back which is brilliant.

That's a great joke.Kompany who had a pathetic season?Hummels wasn't brilliant in last season either but he was definetly much better then your lad.Going foward Hummels is head and shoulders above Kompany and pretty much anyone at the moment.He dictates everything from the back which is brilliant.

A pathetic season in the best defence in the PL? Suggest you watch Aguero's goal against Newcastle if you want to see some exemplary attacking straight from defence which had Vinnie at the heart of it. Hummels was part of 8 league clean sheets last season to Kompany's 11 in fewer games played so Kompany's clearly the superior defender.

A pathetic season in the best defence in the PL? Suggest you watch Aguero's goal against Newcastle if you want to see some exemplary attacking straight from defence which had Vinnie at the heart of it. Hummels was part of 8 league clean sheets last season to Kompany's 11 in fewer games played so Kompany's clearly the superior defender.

Cleary superior as a defender?Hummels in his day is easily much better as a defender then Kompany.Going foward he's head and shoulders above Kompany.Mats is the most complete defender at the moment in world football and anyone can see that.The way he dictates the game from the back is world class.Now,it's even more easily to see that as Gundogan is missing.If you really want to argue about Kompany's last season haha..He's been down to pathetic.PL has 38 games per season while BuLI has only 34 too...so 11 clean sheets in 38 games against 8 in 34.

In Kompany's best season when your midfield(pretty much Yaya) kept clean sheets you had 16 or 17 if I am not wrong.(2011/2012).Dortmund had 13 or 14 in 34 games.City concedeed 28 goals while Dortmund conceded 25 goals.Bare in mind that BuLi is well known for being one of if not the most offensive league in Europe.Hummels in last season was part of one of the best defences in UCL..the lad who reached an UCL final with Dortmund.Gimme a call if you ever manage to get out of the group stages with Kompany at all.

EDIT: Both are great CBs but IMO Hummels is simply better.End of.

For now the most compelte defender is Sergio Ramos. Has been playing at highest levels for over 6 years. Is a terrific centre back, can play really good on the right, has a powerfull right foot and what's most important on football, he can score goals!

For now the most compelte defender is Sergio Ramos. Has been playing at highest levels for over 6 years. Is a terrific centre back' date=' can play really good on the right, has a powerfull right foot and what's most important on football, he can score goals![/quote']

And get tons of red cards.

For now the most compelte defender is Sergio Ramos. Has been playing at highest levels for over 6 years. Is a terrific centre back' date=' can play really good on the right, has a powerfull right foot and what's most important on football, he can score goals![/quote']

I'm sorry but Thiago Silva is the most complete devender, the guy has absolutely everything. Pace, strength, leadership, bravery, timing, heading, positioning, tackling, cannon of a shot, confidence on the ball - no ifs, no buts - he is another level to any other defender.

In the next level I would put Lahm, Ramos, Kompany.

Oh and Raz, without clogging this thread too much, Subotic > Hummels - I watched a lot of Bundesliga football last season and on most occasions it was Subotic saving Hummels' blushes.

I'm sorry but Thiago Silva is the most complete devender' date=' the guy has absolutely everything. Pace, strength, leadership, bravery, timing, heading, positioning, tackling, cannon of a shot, confidence on the ball - no ifs, no buts - he is another level to any other defender.[/quote']

Come on Ash :mad:!

_58423617_bramble.jpg

Titus Bramble has not conceded one goal this season. Silva , Ramos, Kompany, Subotic, and Hummels all have conceded goals.

Therefore, Bramble > Silva, Ramos, Kompany, Subotic, and Hummels

Titus Bramble is the best defender in the world.

I'm sorry but Thiago Silva is the most complete devender' date=' the guy has absolutely everything. Pace, strength, leadership, bravery, timing, heading, positioning, tackling, cannon of a shot, confidence on the ball - no ifs, no buts - he is another level to any other defender.

In the next level I would put Lahm, Ramos, Kompany.

Oh and Raz, without clogging this thread too much, Subotic > Hummels - I watched a lot of Bundesliga football last season and on most occasions it was Subotic saving Hummels' blushes.[/quote']

Like I said,Hummels was far from his best in last season.He's had a few problems,especially with the injuries.Defensively Subotic is better then Hummels sometimes but Subo is one of the best CBs in the world in a few aspects.Hummels is simply better in his days and the work he puts in the attack excuse his mistakes from the defence.

Like I said' date='Hummels was far from his best in last season.He's had a few problems,especially with the injuries.Defensively Subotic is better then Hummels sometimes but Subo is one of the best CBs in the world in a few aspects.Hummels is simply better in his days and the work he puts in the attack excuse his mistakes from the defence.[/quote']

No it doesnt excuse it, & certainly does not make for a complete defender my friend.

No it doesnt excuse it' date=' & certainly does not make for a complete defender my friend.[/quote']

If you can attack for 90 minutes like Hummels does and still defend perfectly then you are a perfect defender which doesn't and will never exist.Let's move on now

W9eLZ8UxPTs

Then you have not encountered the beast of a man that is Titus Bramble. Look at this beautiful sublime goal by Bramble. The dribbling of Maradona, the tender delicate feet like a Ballerina , the strength of a runaway train, the passion of a groom about to go on his honeymoon, the vision of the pitch like Andrea Pirlo, the shooting ability of Oscar Pistorius, the tackling of Maldini, his nutmeg skill as beautiful as Ronaldinho, his running off the ball better than Pippo Inzaghi, and the humble celebration with those who are beneath his ability. The man is a legend. Future Legend of the game and future England Captain.